• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gears of War 3

Mike2

Smash Ace
...Ivory Skins?
Unlockable without spending money? What's the catch...
Also, played some games today, still mostly TDM I can handle cause of the amount of BS that happens in this game.
Still can't get in the mood that I usually get in while playing GoW2. Well... when I played GoW2.
No catch. Except I'm betting they will release it as a LE skin because they always seem to do this. lol

That's not you in the vid is it?
I just ran into both vicious dreams and ihd yoshi playing TDM just now. XD

Does anyone have/can get a flaming lancer or gnasher code they can sell or give to me?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Xbox LIVE runs out in a few days I think.
Doubt I'll pay another 50/60 (I forget...) to renew it for a year. Sooooooo... I think that'll be when I quit GoW3.

Was fun sticking with the series since GoW1.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I can't find enjoyment in GoW3 like I did in GoW2 when I use to bridge host or always turn the game around from a 1v5.
Just... GoW2 is better then GoW3, about the only reason I'd find myself renewing LIVE.

GoW2 was only better because of the glitches, nothing will ever beat the invisible glitch in my book. <3

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Yeah GoW3 hasn't even been out for a year yet so I'm not quite ready to hear about another one... I thought it was going to be the last one anyways but once again I underestimate the power of profits $$$.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Does anybody here even play Gears 3 MP anymore? I think I'm finally getting to my breaking point with how stupid the game is.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I don't play mp anymore, I always end up playing against players that are 100 times better than I am. So if I get the Gears prequel, I'll just play story/horde.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I play Gears 3 all the time, it's still my favourite online MP game, though recently all these AR users have dropped my K/D down to 2.9.

Anyway I made a new thread about GoW:J in the Light House.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Played some GoW3 tonight for the first time in forever...

Anyone else notice that sometimes you play your best when you don't play for a while? First game I went 12-0 in TDM (camping with a sniper but who cares lol) and then the 2nd match I went 26-5. It's a great feeling.

Wish more people played GoW instead of CoD. :( As a person who has played both CoD and GoW religiously over the years, all I can say is that GoW is SUCH a superior online shooter in almost every way.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion

Anyone else notice that sometimes you play your best when you don't play for a while? First game I went 12-0 in TDM (camping with a sniper but who cares lol) and then the 2nd match I went 26-5. It's a great feeling.

Wish more people played GoW instead of CoD. :( As a person who has played both CoD and GoW religiously over the years, all I can say is that GoW is SUCH a superior online shooter in almost every way.
Its all good and fun for the GoW veterans that play. But for people like me, whenever I go on I get absolutely destroyed, and frankly getting stomped isn't that fun. The game never matches me up with people who are on the same skill level as me. Yes, I'll admit, I suck at this game, which is why I want to play against people who are roughly a similar skill level. The last thing I want to do is play against the people who have played this game for years and know the game inside and out because I won't stand a chance.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings

First matches are always the worst for me lol. I don't watch stats very much because I'm pretty reckless, but if I don't play for awhile I might only get 25 kills in a KotH match, which is way under my average.

I've found a real niche in Guardian lately. Even without a good team I've been able to consistently secure wins in Guardian. The way Gears 3 works, killing an enemy leader is pretty simple. As long as my teammates protect our leader I'm generally capable of going after the other leader all by myself.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Its all good and fun for the GoW veterans that play. But for people like me, whenever I go on I get absolutely destroyed, and frankly getting stomped isn't that fun. The game never matches me up with people who are on the same skill level as me. Yes, I'll admit, I suck at this game, which is why I want to play against people who are roughly a similar skill level. The last thing I want to do is play against the people who have played this game for years and know the game inside and out because I won't stand a chance.
Yeah one of the main flaws about GoW multiplayer is that it isn't casual-friendly at all (it tries to be with the sawed off but experienced players know how to play around it now). If you can't effectively aim with a shotgun you're going to get ****ed up simple as that.

Trust me I can relate with your issues 100%. I was extremely late on the GoW bandwagon and didn't start playing it until GoW2 was out for nearly a year and a half. Needless to say, I got my *** handed to me COUNTLESS times. The only way I was able to get better was by attempting to enjoy the game regardless of the multiple *** kicking just sticking with it.

Anyone can easily get good at this game with enough experience... It just depends on if they're willing to endure the bad games at first.

Top Bottom