• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gears of War 3

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Can I edit the first post F8AL?
Also S*** Xbox Live Expired, better renew it before Forces of Nature, at least I'll be able to train on the bots and try out and practice the different weapons(mostly heavys tho).
You're the new OP. :)

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Wow, that was fast.
Might play a few rounds today since I haven't checked GoW3 in a few weeks now. Any updates I missed?

Played some rounds as I said, played on Docks. Went 11-0 first round that we ultimately won cause of me.
2nd round - Rush to sniper/Torque, two there already. Wait for a bit and eventually run out and get into cover and surprisingly someone was there, while they're stumbling I shoot them... and they don't die. So start wallbouncing and get my 12th kill but finally a death. After that death the game fell apart, enemy team starts camping and literally wins both rounds solely cause of camping with Lancers while my team kept running in.

Is this what GoW3 has turned into now? Just camp and hope the enemy team is stupid enough to keep trying GoW2 tactics to win? If so i'm gonna either play it less or just stop in general and go back to GoW2.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Did they boost the retro? Feels like it's become really strong lately. Like, if I don't run away from a retro user immediately, I'm pretty much dead every time. And its range is ridiculous too.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I think they buffed it secretly. Noticed that most people killed me better and faster when blind firing with the Retro Lancer rather then actually aiming.

Kinda pissed me off when it was actually working for me once I switched from HB to Retro Lancer.

Mike2

Smash Ace
Wow, that was fast.
Might play a few rounds today since I haven't checked GoW3 in a few weeks now. Any updates I missed?

Played some rounds as I said, played on Docks. Went 11-0 first round that we ultimately won cause of me.
2nd round - Rush to sniper/Torque, two there already. Wait for a bit and eventually run out and get into cover and surprisingly someone was there, while they're stumbling I shoot them... and they don't die. So start wallbouncing and get my 12th kill but finally a death. After that death the game fell apart, enemy team starts camping and literally wins both rounds solely cause of camping with Lancers while my team kept running in.

Is this what GoW3 has turned into now? Just camp and hope the enemy team is stupid enough to keep trying GoW2 tactics to win? If so i'm gonna either play it less or just stop in general and go back to GoW2.
I think it was because of Drydock to be honest man. That map is balls. -_-
Not to mention a stupid team

Also we should play sometime(don't other SA people play too?). I suck but you could probably give me a tip or two and plus like playing with people I know.

GT= M1ke2
:phone:

Mike2

Smash Ace
Alot of maps are bad.
Especially Thrashball.
I agree.

Did they boost the retro? Feels like it's become really strong lately. Like, if I don't run away from a retro user immediately, I'm pretty much dead every time. And its range is ridiculous too.
Yup it was buffed. It's like what everyone is complaining about. It's kind of ridiculous right now imo.

Mike2

Smash Ace
Camping is why I don't play TDM or warz/exe. KotH 4 lyfe.
Ok, I would agree with this a while ago because I used to play KoTH exclusively, but I don't know anymore. Since I'm getting better I started playing other game types and I have to say, it is REALLY nice not getting spawn flanked. Like..... I have no words for this. It's easily the thing that frustrates me the most about this game. Every time it happens I want to stop playing. And it happens to me a lot in KoTH. How do you avoid this?
There's no worse feeling than fighting off someone(or two) just to have someone spawn behind you and retro/shotgun you down.

And when I'm on the other end of that, I always have the feeling like, "I know. I know. Sorry, bro."

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Don't you need to camp on KoTH wherever the ring is anyways?
Not exactly. If you camp the ring exclusively, then the other team can grab whatever power weapons they want. Personally, after taking a ring if I know my teammates can handle enemies, I leave to go secure weapons.

Ok, I would agree with this a while ago because I used to play KoTH exclusively, but I don't know anymore. Since I'm getting better I started playing other game types and I have to say, it is REALLY nice not getting spawn flanked. Like..... I have no words for this. It's easily the thing that frustrates me the most about this game. Every time it happens I want to stop playing. And it happens to me a lot in KoTH. How do you avoid this?
There's no worse feeling than fighting off someone(or two) just to have someone spawn behind you and retro/shotgun you down.

And when I'm on the other end of that, I always have the feeling like, "I know. I know. Sorry, bro."
Yeah, getting spawn flanked is pretty disgusting. There's nothing you can really do other than watch your back at all times. After awhile, you'll learn certain spots that are notorious for spawn flanking, like torque/snipe at old town, and you can anticipate them.
But it's still something that's insanely difficult to prevent. Sometimes I do a counterflank, that is I wait behind the flank spawn and flank them, but that's really not something I should have to do.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I've only played 1 game of TDM where it was extremely campy. I only play it when my partner is online because he enjoys it. I usually only play KoTH or CTL when I don't feel like being a try-hard. It's hard to find teammates that communicate; it's even more discouraging when you're the only one with a mic making callouts.

Mike2

Smash Ace
Is everyone here pro status(not literally)/been playing since the previous Gears? Gears 3 is my first Gears game and I've been playing for a few months but only recently do I feel slightly competent at it. lol Sucks though. I've been getting really into it but it seems like everyone else I know has moved on from it :( lol

Also, what are some good Gears youtube channels? I'm already subscribed fallout/the people on mbn and fury, arctic, goldglove, and a couple others. What other channels are there? Not familiar with all the teams yet.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Been playing since GoW1. GoW2 I took more seriously and played alot more online then GoW1 cause it was more fun.

It was until... TU3 or 4 that it got bad. But it's always been bad since there was a time where people can force host and also causing lag for everyone else on purpose.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I've played since Gears 1. In fact, that's the only reason I bought an xbox. Pro status in this game is all about squadded up hammerbursting so nah, I'm not pro status.

None of us are "pros" cause we only play this game for fun, but there are a couple of us that are really good. I would love to be pro, cause I love this game, but I have no Xbox.

I normally just watch streams on Twitch.tv to be honest.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I've played since Gears 1. In fact, that's the only reason I bought an xbox. Pro status in this game is all about squadded up hammerbursting so nah, I'm not pro status.
This is everything I was about to say.

I like how average I was with the sniper in Gears 1, but all that training has paid off and I'm now much better than the average Gears 3 player with it.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I'm still average with the Sniper despite playing since GoW1. Only thing I was good at in GoW2 was living longer then most people while getting 3-12 kills in one life.
Of course I did only play guardian after the 3rd year the game was out due to Execution becoming BS from the forcing host, making it lag on purpose, and shotgun becoming more and more terrible each TU.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I played that sniper shotgun playlist (the one with the automatic snipers) and I got a triple kill hat trick on Hotel.

Headshotting someone who is in the middle of a duel with someone else is one of the best feeling ever. My favourite headshot in recent times was when it came down to me and one other guy on Gridlock, I had the sniper he had the Boomshot, I was in a party with other SWF's (I think, that or Xanthans friends) and I calmly stood there and waited for him to approach me, and slide into cover, and I shot his head off in 1 bullet mid-slide.

Was a great feeling that everything worked perfectly and I won despite the odds being against me, and EVERYONE had to watch, and my Gears friends also witnessed it.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I've played Gears 1 online. I was a gnasher ***** but I didn't learn about wallbouncing at the point - note: Gears 1 wallbouncing is different from gears 3 wallbouncing. I played Gears 2 horde mode for a lil but didn't have time to play pvp since my brother loaned it to a friend who never returned it... I want to join a competent team for Gears 3, but school takes up so much time that I only play a game or two before bed :/

Mike2

Smash Ace
Is there a list or something of commons used terms for structures and stuff? Hard to call out stuff when you're stumbling trying to name it lol

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Depending on where I am I either call the place I'm at by the name of the weapon that's supposed to spawn there or if I'm in a spawn I just use the name of the spawn on the map or something

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
IK I'm really late to the party but Depths might be one of the most incredible Gears maps I've ever seen... Like WOW I'm not sure if I've ever seen a mutliplayer map with so much detail.

It's hauntingly beautiful I just spent like 20 minutes walking around the map to look at everything. Epic really did an amazing job with that one.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I haven't bought any of the DLC maps or even RAAM's Shadow. Been saving money for other things.

That and I can't find the enjoyment in GoW3 like I did for GoW2...

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Not just the Gnasher, the game in general.
With the copious amounts of buffs to the ARs it's become even more of a campfest, but to the point that blindfiring with the ARs is almost as better as blindfiring with a Sawed off.
That and tons of maps are just dreadful to play on, like Drydocks.

And since I didn't buy any of the map packs, 95% of the time I get Drydocks, Mercy, Trashball or Hotel.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I find that I don't enjoy playing Gears 3 for more than an hour or two. I used to play Gears 2 about 6-8 hours a day (which was kinda insane tbh) but I get tired of Gears 3 pretty quickly. Probably has to do with how lame everyone plays, or it could be because I have a life now.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
The boltok pistol is amazing. Against a team of AR users I can do SO MUCH WORK with one. I've been averaging 4-5 headshots with each pick-up. Got double blindfire headshots yesterday. Now I with it was the only pistol option.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Haha if Boltoks were default pistols I'm not sure if I would ever use my AR.

Sweetest weapon to get a headshot with in Gears... Well either that or the Torque.

Mike2

Smash Ace
Really loving the "new" maps and guardian! :D

Haha, I was hoping you were kaos vicious. I only asked cause I've been getting these weird "add contact" things from random people; thought they might be from SWF. Looks like it's about to get spammy >.>
Yea he messaged me too. I usually delete that stuff but by chance I watched it and liked it.

I just spent a few hours playing with some friends in guardian. To me it felt like there were a LOT of good players out playing today. I have no idea why. I play pretty much every game type and on average people are not this good(I'm not implying I'm good. I just mean I was lot more challenged than usual). I feel like my playing really leveled up today because of it. No pun intended. Btw artillery is my favorite map right now. It's sooo good and fun to play on imo.

If anybody wants to get Ivory Skins than I'd be willing to join a party and help if you just need people. And I might have a few friends that would help. That's what we did today. You have to get 10 kills as guardian to unlock. The reason this is so hard is your teammates usually kill the enemy leader before you have a chance to get the kills. What we were doing was letting our leader take our downs and purposely not killing their leader. And you have to do this on a FoN map.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Everyone quits at the end of the round, I'm about to but then I notice it's Jacinto, I stay in with a team of bots vs 3 guys.

We win. I get 26-2. AWWWW YEEEAAAAAAH!

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
...Ivory Skins?
Unlockable without spending money? What's the catch...
Also, played some games today, still mostly TDM I can handle cause of the amount of BS that happens in this game.
Still can't get in the mood that I usually get in while playing GoW2. Well... when I played GoW2.

Top Bottom