• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GAwes & XPlayGround Present: Falconpunchion- Feb. 18th : GA v. OOS crew battle

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
ROFL I thought that way too when it happened. Get this man. Final Destination. I just got slung way to the right, microscoped as Fox. There is no way in hell I was gonna recover (last stock). However, Wes being Wes, moonwalk jumped out into a Falcon Punch and landed it on me >.< If that isn't pure determination, I don't know what is lol. All I can do, is wish you the best of luck. So here it is.

Good Luck

The fuuny part of this story was that he used this as a john when he lost to epsilon:laugh:

Nite

Smash Champion
Looks like I can actually come to this. Myself, Lance, KOkingpin, and Jmoan should be coming.

I hope to see you all there.

Wes, please Falcon punch Sunchaser.

Sunchaser007

Smash Journeyman
Looks like I can actually come to this. Myself, Lance, KOkingpin, and Jmoan should be coming.

I hope to see you all there.

Wes, please Falcon punch Sunchaser.
Sweet, It'll be great to meet ya guys......but please don't encourage the falcon punches, you have no idea how much they hurt

Nite

Smash Champion
What's next is a 0 - death from my Falco. lol

You've met me before, Sunchaser. As well as Lance and the rest of the Runaway 7. I met you way back at INN 2.

Sunchaser007

Smash Journeyman
oh yeh, smashterlink and his crew.........dude, i wanna see you guys again. Maybe you can teach me some falco things as he has become my main now.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Not to be purely blunt, but please look at the very first page. All the information you need is right there, then any other questions can be answered. BTW I am switching to green text 0.o

YESH

mog112

Smash Ace
so would people rather do regular crew battles, or drafting for crews

or no crews at all.

i want to do some type of crew battles and i know we have talked about doing them and never do. so input would be helpful.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
I perfer draft crews since it would make things rather intersting, especially since teh run7 and KO are coming. exactly how many crews would we have though?

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
(ears rise) did someone say... crew battle!?
we know how south carolina loves to get *****.

btw me (speaking for SC) has suddenly taken interest in this tourney.. it would be a shame to miss this after going to Initiation and Devotion (both of which being the best tourneys I've been to, Initiation in particular...)

112 will just have to hand my *** to me again...
and Bobby... and Wes especially.

this is by no means saying I'm coming... just interested.
also, I miss Reflex :D

Ares726

Smash Ace
If the crew battles are done after singles and you use three, just let 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place from singles be captains. That way everybody is playing not only for prize money, but also for the prestigious title of Crew Captain.

Just a thought.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Man. I don't know about all this talk about captains, but I should be a captain. I don't know why, I can't honestly tell you. Anyone who thinks differently can money match me.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
The top two players on the GA power ranking should be the captains, that being Mike and Bobby. Of course if Mike dosent show ip then it would be Bobby and Wes. I think that would be fair.

Nite

Smash Champion
I like Alpha's idea. I think there should be 2 captains. Obviously it should be 2 people that are going to be there for sure. If Mike G goes, then he should be a captain. We don't know if he will show though. Hopefully he'll be there to see me again! (I miss you Mikey!) And then Bobby would be the other captain. We all know Wes should be a captain though, because he plays a captain, so he's used to this thing. lol.

chaddd

Smash Lord
The top two players on the GA power ranking should be the captains, that being Mike and Bobby. Of course if Mike dosent show ip then it would be Bobby and Wes. I think that would be fair.
I think instead of using power rankings, we should battle for it. If I don't deserve it, I'll just get rocked. No harm done.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
I like Alpha's idea. I think there should be 2 captains. Obviously it should be 2 people that are going to be there for sure. If Mike G goes, then he should be a captain. We don't know if he will show though. Hopefully he'll be there to see me again! (I miss you Mikey!) And then Bobby would be the other captain. We all know Wes should be a captain though, because he plays a captain, so he's used to this thing. lol.
It was actually Wes' idea.
Bike lee(I like that name better) needs to show at teh very least for teh crew battle.
Wes plays CF:confused:

GAwes

Hidden Boss
How about this, just to make it as fair as possible. Because with chad's idea. everyone is going to want to be a captain. and we may not even have time for the crew battle, much less a "battle" to decide who will be the crew battle captains, its just rediculous at that point. To have the best teams, the captains should be the people who know the most about the community, thats self evident, but i think this crew battle should be based on fairness instead of obvious choices.

Question: Nite how long will your crew be staying in GA, are you leaving sunday night after the tournament and if so what is the latest you are willing to stay given that the crew battle will be after the tournament and may take a while.

here's my solution, so we suggested using the power rankings, which would make the most sense to me, and be a lot more orderly, given that the top 3 know a lot about the community and have been active for a very long time. But since there is some rejection of that idea, how about this for a solution. We simply have the top 2 finishers at the tournament as captains. And then anyone is elligible for submission onto the crews.

here's another idea. Everyone want to throw in 2 bucks a piece for this, 20 bucks a crew, winner takes all (woot and extra 2 bucks to each person on the winning crew) The point of this isn't the money though, but instead it'll put a slight bit of pressure on and make everyone play their best.

±wì§+ë®

Smash Journeyman
Up to this point, I was just speculating the idea of a crew battle since I'm a fan of big team battles in Smash, and Wes' idea is probably the most logical in terms of saving time, and borderline headaches.

Nite

Smash Champion
Wes- I'm not sure how long we will be staying due to the fact that KO will be driving and will be the one deciding when we go home. I'm sure that he will want to stay for the crew battles though. I'm willing to stay as long as he is. If it's going to be late, then maybe we could stay the night at someone's house and drive back in the morning. Possibly Wes or Alpha's place? Your idea sounds the best though. I'm down for that.

Alpha- Indeed, Bike Lee needs to show.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
Wes- I'm not sure how long we will be staying due to the fact that KO will be driving and will be the one deciding when we go home. I'm sure that he will want to stay for the crew battles though. I'm willing to stay as long as he is. If it's going to be late, then maybe we could stay the night at someone's house and drive back in the morning. Possibly Wes or Alpha's place? Your idea sounds the best though. I'm down for that.

Alpha- Indeed, Bike Lee needs to show.
Alpha lives in kinda the opposite direction you need to go. You're welcome to stay here (the gsu dorms, but i can't offer you much more than a couch and a chair to crash in, cause you know, its a dorm) like i said though, if you need a place to crash, this is always open. You guys have school the next day?

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
Alpha lives in kinda the opposite direction you need to go. You're welcome to stay here (the gsu dorms, but i can't offer you much more than a couch and a chair to crash in, cause you know, its a dorm) like i said though, if you need a place to crash, this is always open. You guys have school the next day?
I don't know about KO or JMoan but I have a night class starting a 6 and Nite is goes to home school, so it's not like we're in a total rush, we'd just have to leave sometime in the morning on monday so I could make my class. It's pretty much up to KO though. Looking forward to playing yaz again!

Did Bike Lee retire? :( That guy was my inspiration for a long time.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I asked him that a while back. He simply told me that he would be back around February, but in time for FP, so I guess the best we can do is wait and see.

Top Bottom