• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GaW Stages

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
So I thought a thread talking about GaW stages would be useful. If sone of us can work togethor to make a thread about stages to take every single character to. And just describe what stages are good and bad for GaW. Considering how we have nothing about stages and we also need to finish mu's but that's neither here nor there.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Rainbow Cruise....Rainbow Cruise...and oh yea

Rainbow Cruise....

LOL

but good idea tho:p
i share my thoughts when i get home

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
My personal favorites and CPs are...

Rainbow cruise against everyone

Brinstar <33333333333

Pokemon Stadium - Do not CP this against Olimar or Wario.

Jungle Japes- against people without projectiles.

Delfino is always fun.

Never Emperor

Smash Cadet
I personally like Delphino Plaza and Final Destination, FD because you can abuse Up air and Nair better and your opponent pretty much has to fight you. And delphino because its cool :) and fun probably the best brawl level.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
I personally like Delphino Plaza and Final Destination, FD because you can abuse Up air and Nair better and your opponent pretty much has to fight you. And delphino because its cool :) and fun probably the best brawl level.
actually you can abuse nair and uair more on BF.

FD is not a viable option for gw imo, especially if youre vs one of his worst MU (Diddy, Marth, MK, Snake)

the use of platforms in BF is nothing like no platforms to combo on in FD.

fraudster111

Smash Apprentice
OMFG Kewl is that a chick in your siggy that got TKOed. Plz send me a link to watch the whole thing. My fav gnw stage is BF. I love nair them on the platform and hitting bigger char with dsmash while im still on platform and also keying silly people who try to uair me when they know i got the key. Another great thing i love abt BF is the hammer sliding that you do when you dash and hammer right as you get the edge. You kinda slide diagonally. Ive actually hit somebody like that with a 9 in 2v2 with it. So Epic. Seriously Kewl need link to that vid. Im lmao here looking at it. Not that i support hitting females XD

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
OMFG Kewl is that a chick in your siggy that got TKOed. Plz send me a link to watch the whole thing. My fav gnw stage is BF. I love nair them on the platform and hitting bigger char with dsmash while im still on platform and also keying silly people who try to uair me when they know i got the key. Another great thing i love abt BF is the hammer sliding that you do when you dash and hammer right as you get the edge. You kinda slide diagonally. Ive actually hit somebody like that with a 9 in 2v2 with it. So Epic. Seriously Kewl need link to that vid. Im lmao here looking at it. Not that i support hitting females XD
lol just look around in google for the Jesery Shore Episode Ad. it never made it to tv because of it, so there's just ads.

btw Zeke, FD for MK snake and d3? how in the hell? =/ i just don't see it.
Snake will just camp the crap out of you, while you have no possible way of getting under him, unlike in BF.
D3 suffers from platforms, he's tall enough that we can dsmash him from the platform. we get him up in the air easier and start strings from there. d3 is a fatty, once hes above gw, you got atleast 20-30%.
i guess you could take MK to FD, it wouldn't make much difference.

idk that's just my opinion. ;P

Never Emperor

Smash Cadet
actually you can abuse nair and uair more on BF.

FD is not a viable option for gw imo, especially if youre vs one of his worst MU (Diddy, Marth, MK, Snake)

the use of platforms in BF is nothing like no platforms to combo on in FD.
Oh interesting. That does seem to make a little more sense with the Uair under platforms, I still stick to my word on Delphino though! I keep using my second jump trying to do Uairs, im getting better though.

kaak

Smash Journeyman
For most mu i go BF. Against marth and peach i take frigate or a other stage depends on the opponents playstyle. RC is not always allowed here in the Netherlands so.... i like the stage but we can die so early.

Magus-Cie

Smash Journeyman
I do not know why, but I do not like BF. Maybe it is because I am use wiimote + nunchuck and cannot short hop to save my life with it, but ya...

On the other hand, I really do hate FD. Too many bad matchups and GnW has to sacrifice alot to be as mobile on that stage as the others.

Rainbow cruise...do I really need to say anything? MK is the only one who does decently on this stage mobility wise, and even then one flubbed tornado and he is gone. Everyone else it is an invitation to eat an aerial.

Lylat I do not like. I play the edge alot (it wins me 2v1s) and you cannot recover as far off the edge doing an aerial like you can on any other stage.

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
As a stage discussion thread, I feel we should take one stage at a time and analyze it to death, just to have some more fluency. As opposed to a shotgun shell of opinions of a multitude of stages. I think the OP should choose the first stage we discuss >_>

Splice

Smash Hero
IMO Lylat > Halberd for GaW, even in the MK Match Up for me.

Thoughts?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I do not like Halberd at all. The ceiling is too low, G&W dies too early. G&W does better on bigger stages because he can outlast his opponent with good DI.

Imagine you were allowed to play on New Pork City. Sure it's a little harder to kill the opponent (maybe 150 or something) but you live to like 250.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
halberd is horrible....
in addition to the ceiling,the large mid platform makes it a ***** to approach

Splice

Smash Hero
halberd is horrible....
in addition to the ceiling,the large mid platform makes it a ***** to approach
Yeah that platform is a ***** all in all.

Thanks for the confirmation guys. People keep telling me to CP Halberd (to try and help, lol) and I was starting to get confused and annoyed.

Magus-Cie

Smash Journeyman
The only good thing to mention about Halberd is if you time it right, you can get a free kill off the platform flying away. But that can be said with any character. ::Thumbs down::

What about Delfino? It just seems to me like there is little there that sets this up as a particularly good GnW stage.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
On the contrary, Kewl why should you ever approach those characters *barring DDD*? You can camp THEM on FD.

With realistically 2 jumps, Up B, and U air and an awesome floaty parachute, G&W should never be hit by a Nade, and flies all around they stage just poking Snake. Yes its hard to get Snake in a juggling position, but its also hard for Snake to touch you. FD gives you more options to approach with.

DDD can't approach for the life of him, when you can D tilt his projectile and keep in the air for his F tilt. And your best approach is coming from about and the side and FF bair and get out of there before he can f tilt you. If you try and SH Bair him he can F tilt right threw it. You cannot do this on BF and he can shield and Nair, Bair, or U tilt you after if you try to Dair or D smash.

MK ***** on BF. U tilt and U smash go through play forms, and your Dair. You get *****, and all he has to do if stay on the ground and be patient. I've played Havok a lot. This is all he has to do to win.

Your best bet against Marth is FD. he's tall, yes, so you can use BF. But SH Bair approach gets ***** But shielding + Dancing blade. Miss-spaced Bair gets ***** by Up B. Smart Marths can bair you to try and Dair them through the platform, duck, and tipper F smash you. FD just gives you more room to breath, and doesn't make it a real pain to get back on the ground. Which is the safest place.

Where's my cookie?

G&W players. Stop approaching. Think. Punish. Patience. D tilt.

kaak

Smash Journeyman
On the contrary, Kewl why should you ever approach those characters *barring DDD*? You can camp THEM on FD.

With realistically 2 jumps, Up B, and U air and an awesome floaty parachute, G&W should never be hit by a Nade, and flies all around they stage just poking Snake. Yes its hard to get Snake in a juggling position, but its also hard for Snake to touch you. FD gives you more options to approach with.

DDD can't approach for the life of him, when you can D tilt his projectile and keep in the air for his F tilt. And your best approach is coming from about and the side and FF bair and get out of there before he can f tilt you. If you try and SH Bair him he can F tilt right threw it. You cannot do this on BF and he can shield and Nair, Bair, or U tilt you after if you try to Dair or D smash.

MK ***** on BF. U tilt and U smash go through play forms, and your Dair. You get *****, and all he has to do if stay on the ground and be patient. I've played Havok a lot. This is all he has to do to win.

Your best bet against Marth is FD. he's tall, yes, so you can use BF. But SH Bair approach gets ***** But shielding + Dancing blade. Miss-spaced Bair gets ***** by Up B. Smart Marths can bair you to try and Dair them through the platform, duck, and tipper F smash you. FD just gives you more room to breath, and doesn't make it a real pain to get back on the ground. Which is the safest place.

Where's my cookie?

G&W players. Stop approaching. Think. Punish. Patience. D tilt.
brawl players. Stop approaching. Think. Punish. Patience. D tilt

fixed :)

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
@ G&W. Best punishing move - D tilt/Dash attack 6/10
Best Spacing move - Bair 7/10
KO? 6/10
Gimp? 4/10 (Dair/fair)
Juggle/combo? Nair/Uair/Up B 10/10
Projectile? 5/10
Approach? 6/10
Recovery? 8/10

Ye. Also Halberd is good for Sharking and stuff but sucks otherwise.

kaak

Smash Journeyman
@ G&W. Best punishing move - D tilt/Dash attack 6/10
Best Spacing move - Bair 7/10
KO? 6/10
Gimp? 4/10 (Dair/fair)
Juggle/combo? Nair/Uair/Up B 10/10
Projectile? 5/10
Approach? 6/10
Recovery? 8/10

Ye. Also Halberd is good for Sharking and stuff but sucks otherwise.
Best punishing move - Dsmash/dtilt or other smashes verry situational
Best Spacing move - Bair/upB/Uair
Gimp? fair,dair upB (8/10)
Juggle/combo? (mix ups) 9/10
Projectile? 6/10
Approach? 5/10
Recovery? 9/10

this will be my list :) and halberd is good for nothing. starting to ban this stage in tourny's.

Top Bottom