• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Worst Stage

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
What would you consider Ganon's worst stage(s)? I know he has an assload, but I can't decide which is worst. Brinstar or Japes, I'd imagine. Brinstar makes dair canceling lolsome and pretty much doing anything but getting molested impossible. Japes is insta-death if you hit the water, and there's no effing way to reach campers on the side platforms.

So, just for posterity, which of the two is worse?

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Err, Brinstar is amazing. By that logic, Japes is infinitely worse.

TP

Smash Master
Rainbow Cruise. YOU MUST RECOVER!

And Brinstar is one of his best stages lol.

:034:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
How in God's name could Brinstar be good for him? o_O

You can't dair cancel, warlock kick or really do much of anything else. The uneven terrain is impossible. <_>

Superspright

Smash Lord
Chokes can lead to different follow ups because of the slopes. His tilts act differently, and sometimes surprisingly.

I'm sorry, but Brinstar can suck, but it can easily be dealt with by good defensive play, and the lava can be awesome for the utilt wind.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
How in God's name could Brinstar be good for him? o_O

You can't dair cancel, warlock kick or really do much of anything else. The uneven terrain is impossible. <_>
Ganon curves over the terrain with wiz-kick.

Brinstar isn't bad for him, but also isn't great for him.

Japes ***** anyone who can't recover horizontally.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Ganon does good on Brinstar, but the rest of the cast does better than him.

I'd say Rainbow Cruise is his worst.

Superspright

Smash Lord
RC ftw, But, with the FoG it actually isn't as bad is it? I mean, if one could do that like in those videos that were recently posted, it might make it a hell of a lot better. At least you won't be special falling the whole match.

TP

Smash Master
RC ftw, But, with the FoG it actually isn't as bad is it? I mean, if one could do that like in those videos that were recently posted, it might make it a hell of a lot better. At least you won't be special falling the whole match.
You are on an object that is moving slowly up, making FoG essentially impossible (on the left part, when it is most important).

:034:

Breezy

Smash Ace
I actually don't think that RC is that bad. He can very easily control the boat. It's really too small for people to camp you on. When you're on the left side of the stage just stay below your opponent and jump up to the next platform with rising Uairs. The only part that I really have difficulty with is the very top where the falling blocks are. Makes it a hell of a lot easier to get camped.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Ganondorf ***** on Brinstar.

Ganoncides all day. Except, remove the suicide from "Ganoncide", and you get TOTAL MURDER.

Similarly, Norfair is extremely good for Ganondorf. Just Ganoncide people into the lava and ****.

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
I love Brinstar.

Distant Planet is my least favorite. Everything about that stage sucks except for the stage items.

For more insight regarding Ganon's relations with the stages see this thread.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Man, How the **** Ganondorf isn't good on Brinstar ? I love Brinstar and the Music of the stage.

About Jungle Japes, I like a lot this stage, althought Ganon isn't good on Japes.

Raibow Cruise is this WORST stage definitely. RC sucks.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Rainbow Cruise isn't all bad for Ganondorf provided you avoid getting gimped. Because you'll be in the air more, you get to abuse his relatively low lag aerial options more.

I think Ganon's Jab also gets a wall lock, not that you'll ever abuse it.

I personally think Luigi's Mansion could possibly be a worse stage. It's cramped, and Ganondorf has very little way to abuse this. The large skybox works against Ganon's favor too, considering he's prone to getting gimped regardless.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Rainbow Cruise isn't all bad for Ganondorf provided you avoid getting gimped. Because you'll be in the air more, you get to abuse his relatively low lag aerial options more.

I think Ganon's Jab also gets a wall lock, not that you'll ever abuse it.

I personally think Luigi's Mansion could possibly be a worse stage. It's cramped, and Ganondorf has very little way to abuse this. The large skybox works against Ganon's favor too, considering he's prone to getting gimped regardless.
I've recently been playing a lot of Ganon, and RC being my favorite map, I CP it, typically as a joke. However, I've been doing very well, considering upB and Ganoncides. TBH, most people are afraid of their gimp getting backfired on them and losing a stock, so they prefer to leave you to recovering in peace.

However, these are probably just bads on Wifi.

Superspright

Smash Lord
I've recently been playing a lot of Ganon, and RC being my favorite map, I CP it, typically as a joke. However, I've been doing very well, considering upB and Ganoncides. TBH, most people are afraid of their gimp getting backfired on them and losing a stock, so they prefer to leave you to recovering in peace.

However, these are probably just bads on Wifi.
Yup. Play a decent MK there. Watch how you get gimped 3 times.

Top Bottom