• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganons prioritys

GeZ

Smash Lord
Playing more is definitely the right advice. Aggressive play can really play hell with some players and work well with some characters, but it's not a merit of skill or the best thing to be doing at all times. Branching out with your Ganon would be a good idea. Get used to not always pushing on your opponent but also feeling them out and punishing their mistakes, or taking advantage of their bad habits. The game is very thought based, so while tech is nice, the smarter player will always win. Work on your ability to process during your games, and you'll go far.

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
Certain characters are ment to be agressive.
Again, that was a long time ago, a doubles battle, and I hadnt eaten in 12 hours because of religious reasons. Dont take it offensively, but Im pretty confident I can beat a reckless player such as yourself, even in a ganon ditto, but who cares, in the end we're just playing a mod of a childrens game, we should get this thread back on topic.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Again, that was a long time ago, a doubles battle, and I hadnt eaten in 12 hours because of religious reasons. Dont take it offensively, but Im pretty confident I can beat a reckless player such as yourself, even in a ganon ditto, but who cares, in the end we're just playing a mod of a childrens game, we should get this thread back on topic.
It's a game people take seriously man, come up with a better argument than discrediting, because that's really lame.

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
It's a game people take seriously man, come up with a better argument than discrediting, because that's really lame.
I take this game seriously man, and I wasnt arguing. If I didnt take this seriously, would I have downloaded the game, went to a tournament, and made an account on this website. Since 2001 I've loved smash, and I think its awesome what the PMBR are doing. I was trying to put down the argument instead of shoving skill level into someones face and saying "this is why I'm right".
If you wanna keep the argument going though, it was a team battle and I was tanking stock, because my partner and I both know that he sd's often. I wasn't aiming to make an offensive shift, just looking to throw off my opponents so my partner could deal the heavy damage. And take a look at the video, it worked pretty well. I've been playing since melee, and I love pm. What I dont understand is how we can shove videos to prove skill level, rather than actually playing each other to determine who's right or wrong in a thread about ganon's priority. What I really don't understand is why a moderator hasn't closed this thread yet, because there's literally about two posts about ganon's priority and 80 others about people bragging and criticizing.

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
Back on topic. Gabon I believe needs one more thing on the. Priority list. He should prioritize in most of his attacks imo. Idk what they were thinking when they made fox and falco plus sheik being the brutes of priority.

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
I honestly think that ganon does have a lot of priority. He should have priority over shiek though. If shiek beats ganon over anything it should be because of her speed. Because her attack came out faster. I always argue timing with shwick. There is a difference. And positioning.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Wizkid is right about that. Priority is not speed nor range.
Priority only matters when 2 attacks collide, and only if they're grounded or if one of them is a projectile.

So priority will never matter between 2 aerials.

Ganon deals lots of damage with every move, hence he has a lot of priority. What he lacks is speed and this is why his defensive game is bad : he has no reversal at all.

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but if my boot connects with a sheik twirl kick how does that not cancel?

CORY

wut
BRoomer
wizard's foot vs shiek ftilt?

there could be timing involved. a clank occurs if two hitboxes touch (while both characters are grounded, hence, the only grounded moves clank general rule) without hitting the opponent's hurtbox. if the timing is just off a little, wizard's foot could also just straight up go under shiek's ftilt(is that the move?).

it could also just be that shiek's ftilt doesn't go low enough to catch ganon's wizard's foot? if the hitboxes can't touch, they can't clank. i want to say her ftilt goes low enough to connect with it, but that's just conjecture and assumption from how i remember the move working.

further, i remember reading someone from pmbr (cannot recall where or who, though : /) say that moves have to be within a certain damage range of each other to clank, otherwise the stronger one will just go straight through, while the weaker one will clank. this could be incorrect, however, so take that with a grain of salt.

GeZ

Smash Lord
wizard's foot vs shiek ftilt?

there could be timing involved. a clank occurs if two hitboxes touch (while both characters are grounded, hence, the only grounded moves clank general rule) without hitting the opponent's hurtbox. if the timing is just off a little, wizard's foot could also just straight up go under shiek's ftilt(is that the move?).

it could also just be that shiek's ftilt doesn't go low enough to catch ganon's wizard's foot? if the hitboxes can't touch, they can't clank. i want to say her ftilt goes low enough to connect with it, but that's just conjecture and assumption from how i remember the move working.

further, i remember reading someone from pmbr (cannot recall where or who, though : /) say that moves have to be within a certain damage range of each other to clank, otherwise the stronger one will just go straight through, while the weaker one will clank. this could be incorrect, however, so take that with a grain of salt.
I'm pretty sure it's within 7 or 8%. If the move is more than that much percent more damaging it will beat out the other one.

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
Oh geeze the boot is obviously ganons right and left tilts and sheiks right or left tilt... come on people

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
Oh geeze the boot is obviously ganons right and left tilts and sheiks right or left tilt... come on people
ganons ftilt I dont think needs more priority. I think its already fast enough, it would be slightly spammable. If anything needs to be tweaked on ganon, it should be his nair in my opinion, it might actually become a useful attack.

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
ganons ftilt I dont think needs more priority. I think its already fast enough, it would be slightly spammable. If anything needs to be tweaked on ganon, it should be his nair in my opinion, it might actually become a useful attack.
I agree foxy. I like it alot

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Please stop talking about priority.

Schwickid it's pretty obvious you're just getting outsped by Sheik's Ftilt. You should try to space your Ftilt so that you can abuse its range.

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
Look if u feel that sheik of all characters should have such hi priority then be my guest. Just doesn't make sense.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
No you misunderstood me.

I'm not saying that Sheik's Ftilt should have more priority,
I'm saying that you have no idea of what you're talking about, so you should stop talking about it.

Sheik's Ftilt would have more priority than Ganon's IF it dealt 9% more damage.
It doesn't, so you are not getting outprioritized, you're just bad at spacing and timing your attacks.

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
No you misunderstood me.

I'm not saying that Sheik's Ftilt should have more priority,
I'm saying that you have no idea of what you're talking about, so you should stop talking about it.

Sheik's Ftilt would have more priority than Ganon's IF it dealt 9% more damage.
It doesn't, so you are not getting outprioritized, you're just bad at spacing and timing your attacks.
that's what i wanted to hear

GeZ

Smash Lord
They're trying to get across that Ganon's Ftilt is not being beaten out by Shiek's Ftilt, hers is simply hitting first. Ganon's Ftilt is a very powerful move, but not just because of it's speed and strength, but because of it's range. To create more so favorable interactions between these moves you have to use Ganon's more effectively, because it's full strength as a move lies in all of it's aspects working together, not just most of them.

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
Im saying the attacks shouldnt clash... im not saying she hits me, goof lord. Im saying ganon should win that... not clash.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Im saying the attacks shouldnt clash... im not saying she hits me, goof lord. Im saying ganon should win that... not clash.
Oh, well it's hard for tilts to beat tilts at all man. Even if a tilt does 3% which is almost a minimum for tilts, you still have to do at least 11% to not clink with it. Though, aerial moves won't usually clink with grounded normals so a fat Fair or Bair should stiff Shiek's side tilts.

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
Okbi can deal with that. I tell ya.. I had some of the most fun matches tonight lol. Getting better on the snake ganon match up. Playing still agressive. But found my patient side today. I used a lot of down a's to keep snake from hitting me. Also did u guys know that at very low percents... when u used ganons aerial stomp if u l xancel it quick enough u can go straight into his up tilt??? It works 75 percent of the time and it racks up sone major percentegem check it out!!!

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
So an u-tilt after a dair? Wow thats destructive, ive only used u-tilt after an aerial flame choke

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
I've found uTilt after dThrow is an almost guaranteed kill on fox/falco at surprisingly low percents (in allot of situations), like 60-70%.

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
Hey ive been maining ganon for a long time now.. of all the charcters, snake is my biggest issue . And me and my friend wiz kid are at ken and pc chris level of skill. I also consider myself better than kage. Who was my inspiration to play ganon in the first place. Snake has sooooo many specisl attacks, and I barely win. I need some ideas. His mines and nikita make it nearly impossible to get back on the stage. He can set, a mine and my flame choke goes straight into it. His grab range is huge. He can croutch over my neutral ground smash. He has much better hand to hand combat. HELP lol seems like ganons priorities are slipping.
Priority?

Ugh

I will be brief. Ganondorf has Air Forward. We call it
The Punch.
It has that special hitbox like a sword... Hence it goes right through anything except an attack with the same type of hitbox...

CORY

wut
BRoomer
no, his arm isn't invulnerable/intangible while the hitbox is out, it's not like a sword. it has an amazing reach for an arm swing, is decently fast, and it goes overhead, so it beats out a lot of things, but it's not disjointed (or at least not notably so. the very outer hitbox on the fist might stick out slightly from the body, but that's not a lot of disjoint).

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
Trying to get a capture card. Any ideas? It will make recording much easier I persume

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i think most people like dazzle. i think it's the simplest to get together and running. to record outside audio (like your commentary, if you wanted to) i think the common choices are xsplit and obs? if you ask around in the pm general chat, you might be able to get some good suggestions on what to get and how to set it up properly for what you want.

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
No one ever insulted kage? Look me and wiz are entering the waterford tournament on the 14th. Improved greatly sense that video. Hes recording so he will post it on the tournament results. I said kage inspired me lol

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
Yo brah your Ganon is mediocre as FUCK lol

Also:

Back on topic. Gabon I believe needs one more thing on the. Priority list. He should prioritize in most of his attacks imo. Idk what they were thinking when they made fox and falco plus sheik being the brutes of priority.

Fox and Falco have some of the WORST priority in the game.

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
so uhhhh i'm not a ganon main, but it seems like bs that he will ALWAYS die first with his side-b

i mean, doesn't that actually promote more abuse of the move?
Dude I couldnt agree more. Now if u elite slam dunk someone u loose? Thats stupid. Against good players that move is hard to pull off. And instead of being rewarded your punished? Dumb.

And corey not yet buddy. I saw the dazzle though. Gunna try and get it after the tourney sat.

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
Dude I couldnt agree more. Now if u elite slam dunk someone u loose? Thats stupid. Against good players that move is hard to pull off. And instead of being rewarded your punished? Dumb.

And corey not yet buddy. I saw the dazzle though. Gunna try and get it after the tourney sat.
let us know how you place

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Anyways, in tournament rulesets, the person that commits the suicide move is the winner no matter what, so its not much of an issue

Top Bottom