• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Ganon's Cauldron of Questions (Ganon Q/A Thread)

free33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Intelctmeatbal
how safe or unsafe is perfect pivot Dtilt on shield? does our perfect pivot do much for us in terms of safety? or is it too short?

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
Over on the main Competitive Smash forum, we were trying to define the archetypes that each character fits into when played optimaly, and we were having trouble deciding weather or not Ganon was more of a spacing or bait-and-punish character. Thus, I came here to ask the Ganon mains.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Over on the main Competitive Smash forum, we were trying to define the archetypes that each character fits into when played optimaly, and we were having trouble deciding weather or not Ganon was more of a spacing or bait-and-punish character. Thus, I came here to ask the Ganon mains.
I would say bait and punish. Though his spacing allows him to be safe and contest almost anything, against top tiers mindgames are the only way he can get away with it. If you space it correctly Bair and Nair can go a long way in the Falcon match-up when distant enough but you can't just throw them out and expect the opponent to respect you forever just because you continue throwing disjointed hitboxes

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcXfA34mexY would this be safe on shield on certain characters?
Dair does 14 frames of shield stun, it takes 7 frames to drop shield and it looked like Ganon was in the air for about 16 frames after the Dair. So yeah, you should have 7 frames to do whatever you want. The character would need to have a frame 2 Up Smash or Up B to be faster than shield, and I don't think something that fast exists in the game.

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
So... Little story here. I was messing around on FG yesterday, and found a pretty good Mewtwo. Most matches went back and forth despite the disadvantages. In one match, however, the most bizarre thing happened that kinda blew my salt bucket over.
I used flame choke from the left as he was facing the other direction, standing in place. After seeing the visuals of Dorf's hitboxes, I knew he was inside the grab box, as Dorf's arm did pass over Mewtwo's body. However, instead of grabbing him, Mewtwo used a standing grab, and grabbed me from behind facing to the right, while inside flame choke's box.
So, the question I impose unto my brethren of darkness is this: what the actual f***?

Last edited:

free33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Intelctmeatbal
So... Little story here. I was messing around on FG yesterday, and found a pretty good Mewtwo. Most matches went back and forth despite the disadvantages. In one match, however, the most bizarre thing happened that kinda blew my salt bucket over.
I used flame choke from the left as he was facing the other direction, standing in place. After seeing the visuals of Dorf's hitboxes, I knew he was inside the grab box, as Dorf's arm did pass over Mewtwo's body. However, instead of grabbing him, Mewtwo used a standing grab, and grabbed me from behind facing to the right, while inside flame choke's box.
So, the question I impose unto my brethren of darkness is this: what the actual f***?
was it in the dead zone of the initial movement forward by dorf where there is no hitbox? that can screw you over sometimes.

Top Bottom