• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganons at Pound 4?

Renth

Smash Hero
I'll most likely be there, although due to major money issues It may only be with a spectators pass. Who else is going?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I didn't even know you could spectate. Once I found out you couldn't possibly pay at the door I basically ruled Pound 4 out (I've applied for a job that requires extensive traveling and there's no telling if I'd have it by then or not)... Spectator pass would definitely mean unlimited Dorf dittos with Renth... tempting.. :grin:

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
The having to pay more as time goes by is what shut me off to it. I seen it when it was $14 I think for singles then it shot up to $35. Fvck that. Pound 4 TO's should keep it the same. I'm glad ROM2 is looking promising with so many OOSers and some OOCers cause I won't fvck with Pound4.

Renth

Smash Hero
The having to pay more as time goes by is what shut me off to it. I seen it when it was $14 I think for singles then it shot up to $35. Fvck that. Pound 4 TO's should keep it the same. I'm glad ROM2 is looking promising with so many OOSers and some OOCers cause I won't fvck with Pound4.
The thing that sold me to pound is well, my brother lives about 5 miles from the pound 4 venue

Renth

Smash Hero
I had fully intended on going to pound but due to somethings.. i'm not going to anymore.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Ridiculous prices and a lack of incentive other than to see a few old friends (although that's tempting enough...) is preventing me from going. I also don't feel like I'm ready enough to enter a second major tournament.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
The LEAST it's ever been is $25 and that was a mistake, so it got changed to $35. The only thing that has really been changing is that the singles+doubles price is going up by $5 a month you don't pre-register.

The fee is large a)because of the venue and b) to provide incentive for OoS who have to take planes and such and OoC players who want to win a lot of money. Wasn't genesis like $60 or something? $20 venue fee? Pound 3 was more expensive as well. Did you go to that?

Any tournament that expects the kinds of numbers pound 4 does(upwards of 300) is going to be expensive.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i hope to go using a spectator pass. i could learn a lot. theres no way i'm entering, but meeting a lot of you all and potentially getting ganon ditto's is well worth whatever door fee there would be.

assuming its less than 20 dollars.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
i hope to go using a spectator pass. i could learn a lot. theres no way i'm entering, but meeting a lot of you all and potentially getting ganon ditto's is well worth whatever door fee there would be.

assuming its less than 20 dollars.
Drop the spectators pass and do singles. You will be off better playing in a tournament atmosphere. The friendlies help but the tournament matches gets people focused.

Renth

Smash Hero
Drop the spectators pass and do singles. You will be off better playing in a tournament atmosphere. The friendlies help but the tournament matches gets people focused.
If you go to a tournament and don't enter then you shouldn't be there. Unless you flat out don't play the game and you're someones friend or some ****. Things worked out and i'm registered see you guys there.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
*sigh* for a college freshman to drop like 70+ dollars to get there and probably lose every tournament match he plays is a little bit...much.

i'll see what i can do though. i understand the point but...eh, i'll see

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Pshhhh, you can make $70 easy, haven't you taken chemistry classes yet?

But on a serious note, i know how you feel chris. Lately work has been getting in the way of a lot of my tournaments, i've had to leave the last two right as brackets are about to start because i couldn't get the day off. What's the point then? I wasted $50 to enter those two tournaments, probably $120 on gas, then $25 on food? Ever since I moved out I definitely learned the value of money and that is a big fat kick to the checking account. Not to mention I didn't get to see how far I was going to actually get at those tournaments. Then I get back to Columbus, work an 8 hour night shift and usually end up burning my throat with coffee trying to stay awake.

The plus side to going though, I got away from the stress in my life for a short time. I got to play a bunch of new people in friendlies and pool matches. It's like a mini vacation and the smash community is full of awesome people in and out of the game.

So i'd recommend you go :p

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Got myself registered too, despite all of the internet shenanigans that have been going on around here.

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
tommy i could get you a free entrance into singles and doubles so thats set, just get there haha. give me a call man
Yo q-t pie, hey if you somehow see this by tomorrow (wednesday) sighrax, nbpmike, sly,and myself will be at ZP to play some melee.

Good to see my boy tipmans still playing.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
It was awesome to finally play the top ganons from around the world at Pound. I learned so much from playing all of you!

Top Bottom