• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Thor

Smash Champion
Yeah, I mean, it'll still take balls of steel to main him (we are the proud few who can say we accept PSing as a viabe approach option), but I think this time around, he'll still not be amazing, but I think he will be FAR less easily abused.
I honestly don't think you'll need to powershield projectiles as much in this game [at least not to the level that Ganondorf had to in Brawl] - some Falco mains will just fire lasers on the ground like no tomorrow but with the lack of auto-cancelled projectiles, Falco can't camp nearly as efficiently, which is another buff that was not noted in your first list since Ganondorf is not personally nerfed by this change (so Samus can't missile -> missile or missile -> grounded tether to trap one in their shield and grab them, and [more notably] Falco can't just SHL and SHDL then phantasm or jab/gatling his way out of the situation and back to camping).

Honestly, the lack of chaingrabs and the lack of autocancelling specials are what make me the most optimistic about Ganondorf in Smash 4.

Also, did they fix his fair so it autocancels at some point in the animation, or does it still have that property where Ganondorf will land in his full fair landing lag if the move is not 100% over (like if you SH, DJ and immediately fair, then see his fist going back to his side but he lands and it ends up on the ground)? I think if that was fixed it could help Ganondorf as well, but I have no idea if that was changed or not?.

P.S: I am in no way implying powershielding is less useful, only that I would expect that powershielding will be less vital for Ganondorf to have any chance of beating Falco ever [helpful yes, nearly mandatory to beat any half-decent Falco, probably not].

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
All good points!

And no, as far as I know, his FAir is still a big calculated risk. Though, I'll be playing the Japanese version this weekend at a tournament, so I'll be testing him pretty extensively.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Projectiles as a whole seem to have received a nerf. The mechanics of the game suit Ganon far more than brawl did too, which is a good thing.

Not to mention, you forgot his buffed Ftilt, the speed and power of it are now good enough to bestow spartan lore to the move itself!

I still don't think he's going to be 'good' though, I'll still learn to use him though, for Brawl times sake (and the same for Ike, who looks to be the absolute ****s)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Wow, I'm still subbed to the Brawl Ganon social. It took me a minute to figure out this isn't the SSB4 social.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Any Brawl Ganon mains still around?

I've played him recently and kinda missed the big guy. Brought back a lot of memories, more bad than good tho.

Top Bottom