• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

boomers

Smash Cadet
hm ok im used to the classic controller anyway but the gc controller is something strange it's like the only controller with 2 analogue sticks btw are there alot of players on wi-fi nowadays?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
hm ok im used to the classic controller anyway but the gc controller is something strange it's like the only controller with 2 analogue sticks btw are there alot of players on wi-fi nowadays?
but all 'standard' controllers have 2 analog sticks...

And I'm not sure how many people play wifi, I dont touch it these days. go to allisbrawl.com and go to their 'ladder' to play people

boomers

Smash Cadet
well yeah not all controllers but xbox has it and ps3 didn't rly think about it it's just because the gc joystick is yellow that i rly looked at it so you dont play brawl competitive then?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well yeah not all controllers but xbox has it and ps3 didn't rly think about it it's just because the gc joystick is yellow that i rly looked at it so you dont play brawl competitive then?
what? yeah, I play competitive all the time, Hell I practically RUN to uk competitive scene on my own sometimes XD

i will but i live in belgium and tournaments are so far away pff :( btw ru the real mink :p?
theres always stuff going on in mainland europe man, it may be a small journey, Like 200 miles or something, but its not that bad ^^

boomers

Smash Cadet
really where can you find these tournaments in your country there mostly in germany.. But i didn't even found out yet who to main and i play this game since it came out. Mostly against lvl 9 cpu's tough (epic!)

RiverDB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiVerDB
I'm not sure where in Belgium you live, but in up here in the Netherlands we often have tournaments, mostly near Tilburg, which is in the south. This is the page to the upcoming one: http://smash-bros.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=992&view=unread#unread If you're more in the south of Belgium, i'd recommend going to the site of Storm Armada, since most of the french community hangs out there. As far as i know there aren't actual tournaments in belgium, except for the ones at cons.

boomers

Smash Cadet
thats what i tought that there are no real tournaments in belgium and i live in the north of it in flanders it's hard to be competitive in this area are there even good belgium players?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You live right between the 2 main hotspots of EU brawl: Paris and North-West germany. What town do you live in? Is there any big town near you?

:059:

boomers

Smash Cadet
yes i live like 15 minutes (with the train) from Ghent i study there, i know there is alot of brawl in germany and in france but im 18 no idea how to get there ^^

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
And you know you live only ~3 hours from Paris and less than that from Dusseldorf? As long as you can save up a few bucks, you can attend a tourney with 40ish entrants like every month. Traveling within the EU is the easiest thing in the world, as long as you have the money there should be no issues. Though being able to speak french will help you big time in Paris cuz nobody in France speaks english.

Edit: Do you know any other brawlers from Belgium? You might find people to carpool with. You actually live in a solid area because there are tourneys in NL too, occasionally .

boomers

Smash Cadet
well yeah i can speak french (not that great). i don't rly know any other brawlers in belgium only one of my friends plays it sometimes but hes not that good. Where do you live somewhere?

boomers

Smash Cadet
yeah but im using my laptop at the moment my other computer is not in this house so no skype but if im done with my exams i will talk to you ok my skype name is (arenapriester)

RiverDB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiVerDB
Edit: Do you know any other brawlers from Belgium? You might find people to carpool with. You actually live in a solid area because there are tourneys in NL too, occasionally .

Correction: Our good friend ShadowTL has decided he's going to host monthlies starting january, so Tilburg(which is even closer then Dusseldorf or Paris) is also an option for frequent tourneys.

Also, on the topic of other belgium smashers, there are a few, none of which are really notably active, but we also have Nikenick, a dutch player who studies and lives in Belgium, even though it slipped my mind in which city he currently resides.

In other news, this is now the europe social.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Correction: Our good friend ShadowTL has decided he's going to host monthlies starting january, so Tilburg(which is even closer then Dusseldorf or Paris) is also an option for frequent tourneys.
Why is there no official announcement on SWF for this? This is great news for the EU Brawl scene.

RiverDB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiVerDB
Why is there no official announcement on SWF for this? This is great news for the EU Brawl scene.

I figured shadow already did that, guess i'll have to talk to him when he's back on skype, or you could do it if you're in the EU chat.

boomers

Smash Cadet
i have decided to main dk :) isin't the us brawl more active than the european one? and the skill lvl of europe compared to the us how is that?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i have decided to main dk :) isin't the us brawl more active than the european one? and the skill lvl of europe compared to the us how is that?
DK? have fun, I hope you don't like shielding
And america has a slightly higher TOP skill level than EU simply because of the enviroment they play in (MK everywhere)

Skill is really a person by person thing. Some Europeans and US people are incredible and some, well... aren't.

@ G~P I hope UK smash picks up. I can sympathize with being in a smash region with few and far between people. http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/712129main_8247975848_88635d38a1_o.jpg CO's in that big dark area West of the middle USA.
I'm trying to kickstart it by doing everything (really, theres ones in a few weeks, Im running the tournament, I'm running the stream, I'm on commentary and Im competing too. I'd better get paid for this

boomers

Smash Cadet
sucks?

he has great ko power even early game
good range
he is heavy
amazing back airs
a bunch of spikes
and a huge grab range
and a bunch of other stuff

he only lacks in vertical recovery
and is easly combod against -,-

Heartstring

Smash Legend
sucks?

he has great ko power even early game
good range
he is heavy
amazing back airs
a bunch of spikes
and a huge grab range
and a bunch of other stuff

he only lacks in vertical recovery
and is easly combod against -,-
His power is good, yes.
His range is also good
He is heavy, agreed. This is also his downfall sometimes as it leads to him being combo'd a lot.
his Back air is good, But its highlighted as a better move than it is because he has no other approach options.
All of his spikes are slow as hell and generaly bad choices.
His grab range isnt huge, It's average at best, Which is underwhelming considering the length of his arms.

Now here's the weaknesses:
His shield is the worst in the game, the only one that's even close to that bad is R.O.B's
He is big and fat, Meaning people combo him for free. admittedly this helps in surviving, but still.
He has no real answer to characters being below him, Meaning he gets juggled even worse.
He has no ways of dealing with projectiles other than to shield them.
His only approach option is B-air, which means he needs to face backwards to approach. What happens when DK gets hit by a projectile? He gets turned out to face the opponent again.
And even when he's in-range, He doesnt have any attacks faster than frame 5....Which is pretty slow (not including ground Up-b)
Of course, There's the whole issue of No vertical recovery too.

To say he sucks would be harsh, But he certainly isnt good by any stretch of the imagination

boomers

Smash Cadet
hes down air is a very good spike it has no lagg on it

hes indeed not a great character comparted to others

but infact im not sure if im going to pick him up

if i have to choose someone i would pick

yoshi/lucario/dk/toon link perhaps/mario

yoshi is da best! :awesome:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well yeah i don't kow it yet, do the older players still play like zigma and DLA?
DLA still plays, Although I'm fairly sure he's primarily Mk/other instead of ganon when it comes to tournament, then again Im the same, Ganons only for MM's

Not sure about zigma though, havent seen him around for ages

Top Bottom