• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf is STILL the best character ever (Wii-U Online Tournament: Complete!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Yeah tbh I'm actually getting a little bit concerned. I would hate to forcibly DQ @ alex6309 alex6309 just because that set is taking forever, and he's already made it this far.
I'm terribly sorry for taking so long but my copy of Super Smash Bros for Wii U is scratched up and has trouble reading with constant errors. I'd like to be DQed from the tourney. Thanks for the concern though.

THRILLBURN

Smash Rookie
If you're from Brisbane Australia you may remember a group of about 4 or 5 guys who went to every tournament and only played ganondorf and got wasted. We hosted a Ganon only tourney once, it was great. If only I had a wiiu I'd be in

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
When the winner of your set plays against Gungnir, that's when Potechi will play Pon. Potechi from what I understand predicts Gungnir will win, and assuming that, he really wants everything from his side of the bracket at this point to get streamed and recorded in one sitting.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Alright, @ Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm . Wadda ya say we play like now?

btw, are the rules the same now as in the earlier matches;
Best out of three 2-stock Battles, @ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG ?

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
When the winner of your set plays against Gungnir, that's when Potechi will play Pon. Potechi from what I understand predicts Gungnir will win, and assuming that, he really wants everything from his side of the bracket at this point to get streamed and recorded in one sitting.
Obviously you wanted all match replays saved, but your comment about what Potechi has planned makes me think we should try to at least do as much for our resident top level guys here on this board by finding a way to stream (or at least upload shortly after) Z1G and Kalm's matches.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I updated the OP with something super important. I command everyone to look at it.

Just realized also...it's probably getting really late to suggest any loser placement matches. Not that they were ever mandatory, but at this point I think I'm going to suggest instead that people refer to the Ganon Community Tier List instead if they want to do anything on that level.

Last edited:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
@ Opana Opana

Sorry about that, was fighting Gungnir. He won 2-0, and he definitely is the better Ganon atm.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
@ Opana Opana

Sorry about that, was fighting Gungnir. He won 2-0, and he definitely is the better Ganon atm.
At the end, I am impressed by how much our little community has grown worldwide. We have some of the best social and competitive support collectively imo. As chill as everyone is, we do work.

I wonder where Gungnir's skill will take him. Even he acknowledges that he has things to learn.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Actually significant announcement:

Potechi vs Pon, and the winner of that set vs Gungnir will happen on March 16th, 12am Japan time.

Potechi does streams here.

Ninja edit: misread the time. Corrected it. So basically about 6 hours from now.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
@ Opana Opana

Yeah np, had to try getting games in with you guys though as it would be great training and interesting to see you two in action. I'd like to play today if you're up for it.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
@ Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm Would be good if you played Potechi for 3rd place.

Everyone else, your king has been crowned. Congratulations to Gungnir for his impressive victory. He didn't drop a single game!

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
@ Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm Would be good if you played Potechi for 3rd place.

Everyone else, your king has been crowned. Congratulations to Gungnir for his impressive victory. He didn't drop a single game!
Woah. Not a single game?

Any Replays?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Woah. Not a single game?

Any Replays?
Actually, I have copies of Potechi's games vs Pon, as well as Pon's matches vs Gungnir.

As a matter of a fact, Potechi uploaded the finals. While there's some SDs, they are EXTREMELY worth watching on Nicovideo. I really, really would recommend watching his uploads (make sure your language is set to Japanese). The experience can't be replicated, especially with someone like Gungnir who knows how to end a game convincingly.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25812043?ref=search_key_video

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Actually, I have copies of Potechi's games vs Pon, as well as Pon's matches vs Gungnir.

As a matter of a fact, Potechi uploaded the finals. While there's some SDs, they are EXTREMELY worth watching on Nicovideo. I really, really would recommend watching his uploads (make sure your language is set to Japanese). The experience can't be replicated, especially with someone like Gungnir who knows how to end a game convincingly.

That is a high quality capture of some high quality play.

Some of those SDs, minus one maybe, seemed to be the result of mindgaming a bit. Whenever it went off stage you could just feel the tension.

That last stock though... damn. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised, but still.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Just watched the Grand Finals;
Gungnir's last kill was a total rip-off of @stRIP 's Combo in our Brawl Combo Vid, hah.
Good stuff.

They didn't use much Flame Choking at all, btw.
And I saw Gungnir using Fullhop delayed AC Dairs a lot.

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740

Hey A2, would you be able to upload the finals to your youtube channel?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Hey A2, would you be able to upload the finals to your youtube channel?
Alright, I procrastinated because I was hoping to get other things uploaded as well, but yeah, I will have them ready in a few hours once I get home.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
OK, just watched it. Last kill was quite disrespectful imo. xD

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Heyo, I'd love to join the next online tournament. Any plans on another one?
There are plans, but we haven't really decided when to do things. Plus I've been busy/procrastinating, and I want to set up signups that are accessible on multiple platforms, which requires more planning.

I suspect I can do something with Google Docs to get what I need, and hopefully it will also serve as a tool for communication.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom