• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf is STILL the best character ever (Wii-U Online Tournament: Complete!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Might finally get my match in against Epi done today. Been really busy and haven't even played in a month. Not even warm from that period either since I'm not finding anyone to warm up with at the moment. Thought I was going to jump into my matches anyways since I saw Epi online, but he's suddenly gone again. Could be I'll have time to warm up but then I don't want him showing up again while I'm doing that and then leaving again. He's a tough guy to pin down. I hope I do half as well as I could've last month when I was actually practicing. We'll just have to see. He might be a no show again and I'll have just waited around here when I could've been working, heh. Sadly, I kinda don't care about the outcome like I did when I started this. It'll be good to just move on at this point.

I'll try him at the same time tomorrow if he doesn't show today and hope for the best. But then with my busy schedule, it'll be another week before I'll be free enough to wait around in a reasonable window of time for him after that.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Well, my window of opportunity is closing. I could hang around a tad longer but this is the time frame I gave and if he's not shown again already, I'll probably just be waiting some more. I was hoping to have my tomorrow free for other hobbies, but it looks like I'll be waiting around then too. This business is truly silly.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Okay. Looks like I'm going to get my tourney match in today....

Edit:

Matches done. I won 2-0.

Friendlies were a little different story. I like his Zamus.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Okay. Looks like I'm going to get my tourney match in today....

Edit:

Matches done. I won 2-0.

Friendlies were a little different story. I like his Zamus.
You're against Gungnir then. Keeping in mind 17 hour time zone differences, are you able to play really really late at night, or early morning?

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
You're against Gungnir then. Keeping in mind 17 hour time zone differences, are you able to play really really late at night, or early morning?
I'm PST and able to play late at night, so I'm not worried about it. Will probably be easier to schedule than my last opponent since Epi was EST and couldn't be up late. Most of my free time is after 11pm PST anyways and I don't have a problem staying up. I'll see when he's available. How do I contact him?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'm PST and able to play late at night, so I'm not worried about it. Will probably be easier to schedule than my last opponent since Epi was EST and couldn't be up late. Most of my free time is after 11pm PST anyways and I don't have a problem staying up. I'll see when he's available. How do I contact him?
You can tweet to his handle ganon_gungnir

Keep in mind that 11pm PST is about 16:00 in Japan (4PM).

Or I would need your NNID, and then I would relay the information myself via direct message.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Ok, I'm getting legitimately a bit worried because other people have made good progress. Time to get serious about moving the bracket.

Unless I hear from @Bittersweet or @Garioshi in like 24 hours from now, I will now have @ Xcano Xcano and @KieRanaRan replacing them.

I believe I haven't heard from @ _Ganondorf_ _Ganondorf_ who is supposed to be playing @Ceadda which means I would have @ArccJPO replacing GanonFist unless if said within 24 hour notice reaches him.

@ Vermanubis Vermanubis as much as I really want you in this tournament, I did explicitly say it's a Wii-U tournament. I know, real life johns are important, and I'll attempt to be the first to challenge you when acquiring a Wii-U does become possible. I might be requesting @ DakotaBonez DakotaBonez to take your spot likewise.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Ok, I'm getting legitimately a bit worried because other people have made good progress. Time to get serious about moving the bracket.

Unless I hear from @Bittersweet or @Garioshi in like 24 hours from now, I will now have @ Xcano Xcano and @KieRanaRan replacing them.

I believe I haven't heard from @ _Ganondorf_ _Ganondorf_ who is supposed to be playing @Ceadda which means I would have @ArccJPO replacing GanonFist unless if said within 24 hour notice reaches him.

@ Vermanubis Vermanubis as much as I really want you in this tournament, I did explicitly say it's a Wii-U tournament. I know, real life johns are important, and I'll attempt to be the first to challenge you when acquiring a Wii-U does become possible. I might be requesting @ DakotaBonez DakotaBonez to take your spot likewise.
Hey there! I'm so sorry I disappeared... Life, job, school... I kind of forgot about this. :\
I should be available to play tomorrow after noon. I'll be really rusty but it's all good :)

Sorry @Ceadda didn't mean to have you waiting on me like that... I feel terrible :(

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Hey there! I'm so sorry I disappeared... Life, job, school... I kind of forgot about this. :\
I should be available to play tomorrow after noon. I'll be really rusty but it's all good :)

Sorry @Ceadda didn't mean to have you waiting on me like that... I feel terrible :(
Thank you for responding promptly. Proceed as planned. I might find another place for you later @ArccJPO

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
You can tweet to his handle ganon_gungnir

Keep in mind that 11pm PST is about 16:00 in Japan (4PM).

Or I would need your NNID, and then I would relay the information myself via direct message.
I don't tweet, being fashionably "behind the times"~

My NNID is exactly the same as my name here.
Not sure what you mean by direct message or why my NNID would help.

Last edited:

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
@ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG

Pon beasted 2-0. I couldn't stop the Asian invasion :(. GGs to all, I'll try to get my matches uploaded asap

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364

I would also try to get ahold of @Poxnixles , I haven't heard from him in over two weeks, and he hasn't replied to any post I've tagged him in.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I would also try to get ahold of @Poxnixles , I haven't heard from him in over two weeks, and he hasn't replied to any post I've tagged him in.
You have to remember, even though I suggested loser placement matches, those are not mandatory. If they don't work out, I wouldn't sweat it. I mostly offered them as an excuse for people to find some more match opportunities. I do appreciate that you are enthusiastic about playing it out though for the sake of this tournament.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Saw a notification from this thread in my alerts.
Why would you tag me and get my hopes up?
I am not simply getting your hopes up. I am pretty serious about including you in the tournament at this point. Which I believe means you will be playing against me.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
@ jahkzheng jahkzheng If you see this message really soon, you might potentially be able to play Gungnir tonight. 11 PM PST works decently for him.

Otherwise I suggested that alternatively it would be practical to arrange to play tomorrow.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
@ jahkzheng jahkzheng If you see this message really soon, you might potentially be able to play Gungnir tonight. 11 PM PST works decently for him.

Otherwise I suggested that alternatively it would be practical to arrange to play tomorrow.
I might be free tonight. Already been a long day and I'm feeling kinda ill for some reason so hopefully I'm not too tired come tonight. We'll just have to see. I'm pretty much free any day of the week after midnight PST though. Don't want to be up past 3 am if I can help it. If I'm not feeling it tonight, hopefully it won't be too much trouble to do it some night this week. Would like to do my best in spite of the stacked odds that I'll even take one match. From what little I've seen of Gungnir, he's got techs and strings I've never even tried and could probably get a read on my options in short order. I hope not to be a punching bag with which he can just practice his strings and techs on at will basically. If I'm destined to be ***** though, hopefully it's at least flashy enough to be some prime combo vid material, lol~

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Excellent. I'll tell him to be ready 10 hours from now.
I'll add him into my friends list with his NNID. I expect I'll feel better tonight. I'll let you know if I'm not up for it tonight after all in another post if I have to, but you're correct in assuming that this is a go unless I state otherwise.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506

I am... ready. Not right now, of course. But I'm here.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
No worries, A2. I said a while ago that I understand about being DQed, so no worries about replacing me.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Btw A2, do we have a way to communicate? Does he have a preferred method. Not sure how he and Sykka communicated. Would be nice to be able to for stuff like picking stages and just so it's not awkward.
There's three ways this can work if you want to be really picky about stages.

1. Tell me stuff beforehand and then I'll relay it.
2. Use something like http://xat.com/Ganondorf_Brawlers
3. Nametags (though I actually am not sure how well he understands English abbreviations)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
This just in, Gungnir typically likes to pick Omega Battlefield. I guess now the question is do you have a preferred stage? And are you fine with a random neutral?

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
There's three ways this can work if you want to be really picky about stages.

1. Tell me stuff beforehand and then I'll relay it.
2. Use something like http://xat.com/Ganondorf_Brawlers
3. Nametags (though I actually am not sure how well he understands English abbreviations)
I don't think the outcome of these matches will be because he knows some trick on some stage that I don't. Stages selection will not be a difference maker in this. His vastly greater skill than my own will. I just wanted to follow proper etiquette and not necessarily be surprised what stage we're on. Would be nice to know we're agreeing on something rather than just ending up somewhere one of us didn't select.

If he's curious, I'm fine with all the stages on your list. An Omega stage or Smashville is a pretty basic place for a round 1 and a nice way to start. We can get more adventurous round 2 if he likes. I'll likely be picking the counterpick though, and I'm likely to pick FD or an Omega just for familiarity since that's all For Glory allows me to practice on. If there's a round three, I've already done more than I expected, heh.

Basically, if he's fine with it, we can just start Smashville and then I'll counterpick an Omega or FD if I lose and I don't care what he picks if he loses. I'll say no to Battlefield I guess if it's his pick. If a third round happens and it's his pick, same rule applies. If it's my pick, same rule applies.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
This just in, Gungnir typically likes to pick Omega Battlefield. I guess now the question is do you have a preferred stage? And are you fine with a random neutral?
I'm fine starting there. We may just go full Omega then. That makes things simple. Counterpicking is pretty silly in dittos, but I know what I'm familiar with is all and if I went to a stage I don't play on much, it could be even uglier than it'll already be. I should probably be worried we're going to his fav place to play though, lol.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yeah understandable. To be frank, stages were one of the last things I really wanted to worry about in a single character tournament. I will tell him though you are fine with playing all the games on Omega BF if that's the case.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Yeah understandable. To be frank, stages were one of the last things I really wanted to worry about in a single character tournament. I will tell him though you are fine with playing all the games on Omega BF if that's the case.
Sure, why not.

Also, I got some classwork online I want to finish up and then I'll want to warm up in FG a bit - (unless someone here is available for a handful of warmup matches). I'll be ready to play him at midnight PST in an hour and a half. If you need to be around to monitor the match for some reason and can't stay up that late, let me know.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Sure, why not.

Also, I got some classwork online I want to finish up and then I'll want to warm up in FG a bit - (unless someone here is available for a handful of warmup matches). I'll be ready to play him at midnight PST in an hour and a half. If you need to be around to monitor the match for some reason and can't stay up that late, let me know.
Actually, it's good you let me know this, because we did agree the original time was supposed to be about 30 minutes from now. I will relay this to him right now.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Hope the time change isn't a problem for him.

Thanks A2. Couldn't have done this nearly as easily or comfortably without your help. Wouldn't actually even be doing this period without you since it is your tourney of course, heh.

Edit: I'm ready when he is.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Games done and Ganon won!

Gungnir 2-0'd me more specifically. Although, first round I killed myself by accident, and then I did it again second round. I was on the ropes both times though and they were silly miss timed/directed side B's.

Did one after a wizkick to recover and went under the stage with a late input. That one was really a momentum killer for me and a legit SD.

Second one I accidentally side B'd away from the stage but I was probably dead anyways. The input went bad in part because Gungnir made me think twice about doing that and, eh... I killed myself.

If I hadn't SD'd those two times I might've actually taken a stock from him, but alas, two stocked twice instead. My other two deaths were unceremonious gimps, btw, heh. Was fun. Didn't feel like I really got a chance to see what he was capable of. Sorry I didn't make the matches too exciting for him. Happened so fast...

Oh crap, I forgot to replay. Dammit. Guess I was too excited about playing. Failtastic~

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom