• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf DID receive a change.. but perhaps not a good one

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Thought that this change was so significant that I had to create a separate thread. Don't know why no one else has been able to pick this up yet (@ adom4 adom4 @ Z1GMA Z1GMA looking at you two -.-).

The 18 characters who would land on top of the two bottom platforms of Battlefield will no longer do that.

Is this a good change? I don't think so, maybe in a few instances it could help. Overall I believe this to be a horrible nerf.

Last edited:

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
I'd say it doesn't really change much honestly. None of the matchups Ganon had against those 18 characters hinged on platform mixups, though it is sad to lose the mixup option.

Senpai♥

"I'm an earthquake in a can!"
Mewtwo similarly received the same treatment to his side+B. It's a shame, as both characters really appreciated having that mix-up.

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
Oh damn, I'm gonna miss that. I loved following that up with an up air. It was practically unavoidable.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I consider it a buff. Makes Ganon's Flame Choke game more consistent. I'll take the guaranteed missed tech followups over shenanigans. ESPECIALLY since all the characters mentioned are just vulnerable to Flame Choke F-tilt in the first place.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
I haven't been playing that much Ganondorf since the patch (mostly screwing around with Roy), i really don't like this change at all, i loved choke to U-smash :(.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Thought that this change was so significant that I had to create a separate thread. Don't know why no one else has been able to pick this up yet (@ adom4 adom4 @ Z1GMA Z1GMA looking at you two -.-).

The 18 characters who would land on top of the two bottom platforms of Battlefield will no longer do that.

Is this a good change? I don't think so, maybe in a few instances it could help. Overall I believe this to be a horrible nerf.
NOOOOO!!!!!!!I

I wrote a whole guide on this.... :(

I loved abusing battlefield like this. RIP platform shennanigans.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
NOOOOO!!!!!!!I

I wrote a whole guide on this.... :(

I loved abusing battlefield like this. RIP platform shennanigans.
Perhaps it's applicable to miiverse where the platforms are slightly lower?

Can anyone get on their Wii U and test it out? (I'm currently away from my Wii U)

Hi-Hatz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vrillyhoo
I made an excel sheet for every character and every platform. Battlefield was just the beginning of that tech. I'll have to check this out later because "horrible nerf" is a pretty accurate summary. Also on the topic of "big things nobody noticed," I missed a very questionable up-smash on a Mario the other day. Coincidence?

The Gallows

Smash Rookie
NNID
RESET_Imp
I was told about this one by Yackabean. I've been using the opponent's knowledge of what happens if they land on a platform to condition them into rolling in certain directions and making really dumb risks, rather than land on the platform. It was nice to abuse, but I'm sure I'll live without it.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
This was the result of a universal change to platform mechanics as far as I can tell. It's just a shame it removes some of the flexibility from Ganon's already too-rigid design.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Srsly, tho, guys.
A lot of characters have gotten at least 1 frame added/removed somewhere in their moveset.
There has to be at least something more than just this universal platform-thingy.

@ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG , anything from the Japanese Players?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Srsly, tho, guys.
A lot of characters have gotten at least 1 frame added/removed somewhere in their moveset.
There has to be at least something more than just this universal platform-thingy.

Gungnir who is really awesome about testing things said he felt Ganon was exactly the same last I checked.

Last edited:

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Dude, flame choke to up smash on platforms was the bomb. :c

Oh well.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Srsly, tho, guys.

There's nothing in the data dump... but it doesn't cover everything. :(

Top Bottom