• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf and Tilt stick

TP

Smash Master
This has been discussed before.

C-stick: Salmon smash and iDA

A-stick: Easier Dtilt/Ftilt after choke

C-stick is better overall.

:034:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
If you can't DA out of Flame Choke with tilt stick, then C stick is better.

You just need to get more technical if you have trouble buffering tilts.

noradseven

Smash Lord
If you can't DA out of Flame Choke with tilt stick, then C stick is better.

You just need to get more technical if you have trouble buffering tilts.
buffering isn't the problem lol 10 frames, its more the fact you gotta slightly tilt it down almost immediately that makes it tricky, I prefer C-sticking myself though.

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
buffering isn't the problem lol 10 frames, its more the fact you gotta slightly tilt it down almost immediately that makes it tricky, I prefer C-sticking myself though.
It's not buffering he's talking about, using the tilt stick makes it impossible to dash attack out of a gerudo. Overall I like the c stick better because it makes stutter steps the much more effective.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
You can still run off Dair with the A button, you just gotta be careful not to tilt it down too far. Besides, iDA alone is more important than any of tilt-stick's advantages.

Edit: never mind, I was thinking about wizkick cancel into spike, not run off spike. My second sentence still applies though

TP

Smash Master
Another flaw of A-sticking: You lose the ability to glide toss in any direction besides forward. This is relevant only to the really bad@ss Ganon mains.

:034:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Oh right, good point, this game does have a backwards item toss command that requires a smash input.

Kishin

Smash Ace
You can still run off D-air with the c-stick. The Ikes know it too but I guess it's laziness or something that's preventing them to learn it or something like how people like to keep tap jump off. Tilt stick doesn't enable you to be able to do anything new. It just makes certain things easier to do while completely taking away the ability to do other things. IMO, there's no reason good enough to give up SDI for any other control scheme.

Run/Walk-off D-air: Say you move left but before you leave the stage you tilt your control stick to the bottom-left and c-stick a D-air. Same thing for moving right off the stage except left = right. Pretty sure you can D-air with the A button instead of c-sticking it but it's more difficult and you end up losing mobility anyways.

Top Bottom