• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Ganon- Overused?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I disagree, I have no problem with it occurring as long as an awesome enough Xanatos gambit and "nice job breaking it hero" moment are attached.

MattV1

Smash Apprentice
The idea of Ganon and Link ever teaming up strikes me as the biggest fanservice ever, and just because something is fanservice doesn't mean it's good. Ganon should never make the Heel Face Turn. Ever. He's the bad guy, plain and simple. He loves to break stuff, take over the world, and be all around awesome. The very idea that someone could even match the King of Evil - the one destined to hold the Triforce of ****ing Power is mind-bending.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
The idea of Ganon and Link ever teaming up strikes me as the biggest fanservice ever, and just because something is fanservice doesn't mean it's good. Ganon should never make the Heel Face Turn. Ever. He's the bad guy, plain and simple. He loves to break stuff, take over the world, and be all around awesome. The very idea that someone could even match the King of Evil - the one destined to hold the Triforce of ****ing Power is mind-bending.
Ganon's face heel turn: "I was always evil and you're a ****ing idiot for believing that the ****ing KING OF EVIL would ever be a good guy. Now I will commence to laugh thinking about how you destroyed the entire world with your stupidity".

I'm cool with that.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well if we go with the theory that there was a second Ganon who took the Trident of Power, then there is another who could equal the Triforce of Power Ganon. Now imagine: what if someone besides Ganondorf took the Trident? That person could also match Ganon.

I'd love to see a console game about a new villain actually finding the Trident, it transforming him/her into a beast (just as Ganon was transformed permanently into his blue pig form) and matching Ganon.

If a second Ganondorf can be born, so can a third, and if the third is matched by one who has attained a great power, then he may need help. Say Link defeats Ganondorf, he succumbs to Link and helps him defeat the other foe for the Trident, then takes the Trident himself and turns on Link once again. I could never see Ganondorf helping Link out and letting him live. Ganondorf wants infinite power, so he'll use Link (as he has done in the past) to his advantage no matter what.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Ganon's face heel turn: "I was always evil and you're a ****ing idiot for believing that the ****ing KING OF EVIL would ever be a good guy. Now I will commence to laugh thinking about how you destroyed the entire world with your stupidity".

I'm cool with that.
I would be cool with that. Just as long as Nintendo didn't have one of those "Ugh I've been hit and there's no hope but wait! Ganon decided that because he helped me in the game earlier, even though he turned evil again, he wants to distract the enemy right now so that I can win!" moments. That would be gay (if you didn't follow, basically what they did with Byrne, but with one more cycle of face heel turns).

EDIT: Spire, why do you always have to have such good ideas? That would work so well (at least, it works in my mind).

:034:

Reim

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I like your idea, Spire.
As long as they change the ideas and how the games evolve during the storyline, I don't mind if the same characters are being used. If you know what I mean.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
What if it started kinda like Ocarina, where Ganondorf is an ally, one of the King's most trusted advisors or something. And when you help him and get the treasure he turns on you and leaves you for dead.

And Zaneebaslave GTFO ***** I wasn't saying **** to you.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah I'd like to see more of that as well. Especially considering the strange relationship the king of Hyrule and Ganondorf had in tWW. I'd for example like an almost insane plot twist in which is revealed the actual King of Hyrule is the villian, and not Ganondorf himself.

The King would manipulate Zelda and Link into war against Ganon, so that he could gain the Triforce of Power for himself. This would make Ganondorf more of a anti hero, and gives a good excuse to have him playable in some part of the game.

Also, having Zelda as a sort of boss fight in TP was a good idea imo. I think she should have more suprising roles like that as well, like in Spirit Track (which I haven't played yet). Also, Link having a different role as usual would be good as well. For example, make Ganondorf the one clearing dungeons, and let Link be the one travelling through Hyrule, and fight battles and stuff. Maybe have Zelda playable? Make Sheik return?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Really? Cause I haven't played that one. :p As far as I know, that could be. But they could make it more dark and dramatic of coarse. They can do a whole lot of different things with Zelda as they can with Mario.

MattV1

Smash Apprentice
I still think the idea of Ganon being playable is an insult and would pretty much negate his stance as "Ultimate Big Bad" of the Zelda universe. Look what Bowser being playable did. The guy flip-flops all the time, and while is ultimate goal is to eventually get Peach or take something over, he's genuinely good a lot of the time. He's not even a threat anymore. Hell, Mario seems like more of the bad guy. He just goes and pummels Bowser just for ****s and giggles, kind of like Kirby and Dedede.

As for bringing Sheik back, I ask, what's the point? We know that Sheik = Zelda, so that initial surprise is gone. Not to mention, bringing back Sheik pretty much screams, "We're trying to make this like Ocarina." While Ocarina is undoubtedly the most popular game in the series, it's been clear for quite some time that a majority of the Zelda fanbase wants something new, and rehashing Ocarina again isn't the right move.

Top Bottom