• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon is just like how he was in melee.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
I dunno, maybe it is just me.
Everything I've seen and everyone I've talked to thinks that he's strong, fast, has good range, combos extremely well, and is generally an all-around excellent character. I suppose it's possible that these dozens of Brawlers are wrong but the general consensus is that Wolf is VERY good. I'm not saying you're wrong because I haven't played the game. I guess we'll see.

But yeah anyway, I suppose this is pretty off-topic for the Ganon forums. :p

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
yo chaddd just quit man these kids dont even know who you are.

besides you may be right and ganon make suck d!ck, but thats the whole point of my thread. Ganon sucked **** in melee 2 but people were able to just make him good. thats what me and renth are gonna try and do. you shouldnt sell out on ur character.

BTW i loved ur ganon back in the melee days. good **** on the matches with m2k.

Venom NY

Smash Lord
luck idk what your talking about ganon is ****ing good,when you and tier played me and alukard i was saying ganon is mad good,besides him being slow which he already was,he has mad good moves,he can grab with his side b can be used to tech chase,hes just a really good character i think hes high tier material

chaddd

Smash Lord
Ganon does have a chain grab in brawl. If you know how to tech chase, use his over b over and over again. If you watch their techs, it's just about the easiest grab tech chase ever devised.

EDIT: No one said that I wasn't going to play with him because he sucked. I'm playing with everyone in Brawl.

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
So. Who is he?
He was the 2nd if not 3rd best ganon main in the United States. He is known for doing really well against M2K @ P3. He also i believe is the best in his state, georgia which is the only state to be ruled by a ganon. so basically chaddd knows what hes takling about.

Ganon does have a chain grab in brawl. If you know how to tech chase, use his over b over and over again. If you watch their techs, it's just about the easiest grab tech chase ever devised.

EDIT: No one said that I wasn't going to play with him because he sucked. I'm playing with everyone in Brawl.
technically thats not a chain grab thats tech chasing but i know what ur saying. it works but you also have to time it so as soon as they get up u grab them. ill be perfecting it once i have the game.

well if your playing everyone then ur not exactly a ganon main. but im not gonna ***** about it.

@dionis: naw ganons not gonna be high tier lol. probably gonna be pretty low but its ok cuz people like me and u are gonna make him look like god tier.

jotun

Smash Ace
Wrong. Brawl Ganon is terrible. Every move he has except for over-B is worse than its melee counterpart.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
and who are you?

when you can tell me who you are in the community then make comments contradicting me.
>_> Seriously, even Inui isn't coming over and bashing Ganon, and he hates Ganon. (Unless he changed his mind.)

Hearing Ganon is good from people who dont sound like idiots makes me a VERY happy man.

Metzger

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf still looks solid to me in Brawl, but I am very worried about the hurt put on his Neutral-A. It's so important in Melee, I really hope it does not lead to him being much more susceptible to ground combo games now that it has a bunch of extra start-up frames. Hopefully the added range will mitigate the damage there somewhat.

Besides that, though, I think he looks fine. His aerials do have some wicked landing lag, but the same is true for most characters now, so you will just need to be very calculated with their usage. I think his B moves are all more usable now; much less punishable overall which was their only big problem from Melee. I do wish his ground Side-B had more combo ability than tech chase or a follow up Neutral-A (which I'm not even sure is guaranteed), but beggars can't be choosers.

I'm definitely going to give him a fair shake considering he's been my main in Melee for so long. I have a feeling I won't end up maining him again this time around, but he doesn't seem to be that roughed up by the nerf bat (unlike his old partner in crime, Falcon).

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
I thought it was 'buffed' in brawl? Not considerably, but to some extent? And I also heard that there are his aerials don't have that much lag, but it is more than melee's.

I wouldn't know, I don't have brawl and won't till the 9th.
His aerials have immense lag, I've heard even more than they did non-l-canceled in Melee. Fair and dair suffer the most, though if you've got quick fingers you can short hop dair and the animation will end just before landing and you will suffer no lag. Then again, as someone else already said, pretty much every character is a bit slower and less mobile than before, so the lag doesn't hurt as bad as it would have in Melee.

Overall he definitely did NOT get buffed, but on the other hand it seems he wasn't nearly as nerfed as people initially thought. Definitely requires a thoughtful playstyle if you don't wanna get majorly punished.

(I don't own the game so all of this is based on what I've been told and video observation.)

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
I still find Ganon to be balls to walls trash. If you looked at the characters and tried to figure the tiers for yourself, then, yes, Ganon is powerful, thus usable, right?

Well, the problem is, based on the steadily increasing pace of the game, he's powerful like Bowser's forward smash is. Powerful and lame.

DeDeDe, Pikmin & Olimar, MetaKnight, Mario, Luigi.

These are all top tier characters in this game. Ganon, unfortunately, doesn't come close to stacking up anymore. Unless some new tactic comes along to change the pace of aerial spam, Ganon will be the new Bowser as long as this game remains.
This list is missing Marth. Explain why please.

chaddd

Smash Lord
He was the 2nd if not 3rd best ganon main in the United States. He is known for doing really well against M2K @ P3. He also i believe is the best in his state, georgia which is the only state to be ruled by a ganon. so basically chaddd knows what hes takling about.

technically thats not a chain grab thats tech chasing but i know what ur saying. it works but you also have to time it so as soon as they get up u grab them. ill be perfecting it once i have the game.

well if your playing everyone then ur not exactly a ganon main. but im not gonna ***** about it.

@dionis: naw ganons not gonna be high tier lol. probably gonna be pretty low but its ok cuz people like me and u are gonna make him look like god tier.
*sigh*

I've beaten every Ganon in the nation. No Ganondorf that ever existed has beaten me consistently, or even close to consistently. I don't know who the other two you're referring to are, but I guarantee I've beaten them already. I also thought I was known for a little more than just playing a friendly with M2K at Pound 3. I also beat Azen's Marth in a friendly there, and also 3 stocked Hugs's Samus in a money match. No one saw it, no one cares. It doesn't change a thing in terms of tournament placings, but I love how YouTube will build and destroy my reputation in this community. Ugh.

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
LOL, who the h3ll are you?
im not trying to turn this into a war of reputation. i admit that was the wrong thing to say. From now on if you (not u specifically synikal) are going to post something about ganon it should be either from experience or hearsay not some asumption you have.

*sigh*

I've beaten every Ganon in the nation. No Ganondorf that ever existed has beaten me consistently, or even close to consistently.
now ur just being a cocky douchebag man -_-

i give you respect because i know ur good and one of the best but you dont have to act like ur a god.

As far as i know Linguini is the best Ganon in the US followed by Renth. if this isnt true please tell me when and where you beat them. if you have video evidence that will be even better but i doubt that is so.

i dont want to turn this thread into a "im better then you" thread. this should strickly be for those curious about ganon in brawl.

Linguini

Smash Master
I dont care about melee anymore, but just so it's known chaddd never beat me in ganon dittos. Weve played 4 matches and we both won 2. For all I care cash mooney is the best ganon.

triforceswordmaster

Smash Apprentice
yeah, i played melee against a bunch of my friends all the time so i never really got good. i actually used to think i was great since i always won and ended up with literally 3 times the KOs as anyone else but then i got here.

(sigh).

i'm planning to use brawl as a chance to catch up and actually be a more competitive level ganon.

o yeah, and guys, thanks a lot for humbling me.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Luck is Renth 2.0.

How do I know? My only lost money match in Brawl was to him. That may not sound like much, but trust me.

I'm not a Ganon main but I know some people aren't too happy with how he plays in Brawl. I'm saying right now that after seeing Luck's Ganon in Melee and after losing to his Ganon in Brawl, I can assure you they do play similar, but not the same. Luck's pretty on key as far as differences from what I could tell. The Leonidas is quite terrifying, I'll let you know. And I do agree that the Forward+B not being able to be guarded is a bit of knowledge I would have liked to know before our Money Match.

Luck, I want my three bucks back. I can beat you.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
I do agree that they play somewhat similar (if Melee Ganon somehow lacked a plethora of movement options), but my concern with Brawl Ganon is that as players get better he will be left in the dust. I see little that truly expands his game outside Forward B and at a high level, a character needs consistent bread and butter combos.

If you're going to win a high-level tournament with Brawl Ganon, you have to be the undeniably smartest player in the venue, IMO. With Brawl's popularity, online play and YouTube to propagate high-level techniques, that's going to be very unlikely.

-Kimosabae

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
Luck is Renth 2.0.

How do I know? My only lost money match in Brawl was to him. That may not sound like much, but trust me.

I'm not a Ganon main but I know some people aren't too happy with how he plays in Brawl. I'm saying right now that after seeing Luck's Ganon in Melee and after losing to his Ganon in Brawl, I can assure you they do play similar, but not the same. Luck's pretty on key as far as differences from what I could tell. The Leonidas is quite terrifying, I'll let you know. And I do agree that the Forward+B not being able to be guarded is a bit of knowledge I would have liked to know before our Money Match.

Luck, I want my three bucks back. I can beat you.
LOL thanks HAB. ill definately mm you again for the same price.

I do agree that they play somewhat similar (if Melee Ganon somehow lacked a plethora of movement options), but my concern with Brawl Ganon is that as players get better he will be left in the dust. I see little that truly expands his game outside Forward B and at a high level, a character needs consistent bread and butter combos.

If you're going to win a high-level tournament with Brawl Ganon, you have to be the undeniably smartest player in the venue, IMO. With Brawl's popularity, online play and YouTube to propagate high-level techniques, that's going to be very unlikely.

-Kimosabae
I definately agree with you. which is what im trying to tell everyone else. Ganon may be bad but the player needs to make him better. by simply outplaying ur opponent with the few advantages Ganon has you can make him a decent character.

Im saying this is how it was in melee and so in conclusion Ganon is just like how he was in melee.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
So you're saying that Ganon players aren't going to be winning the big tournaments? Hey, I guess Ganon really IS just like how he was in Melee. ;)

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
His arsenal just isnt solid enough, of course this is just opinion but like kye is saying in the end when higher level tourny play comes around, hes just going to get blown away. Smart player or not its just going to be overwhelming.

Kye i know nexus is going to get it soon but where do you play? ZP?

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Yeah, though I doubt I'm going to be headed down there again before Brawl releases -- too much of a drive.

I need to stop by the Nexus and get in touch with those guys to see what their future plans are in regards to Smash.

-Kye

rtmcs1017

Smash Cadet
I'm kinda sad they kept his U-Tilt but I'll just have to learn how to use it better..

and..HIS SIDE B CANT BE SHIELDED? Oh hooray for the Ganondorf. So, so glad he's still in Brawl and I decided to main him THROUGH brawl from Melee.

Weeeee..

kennypoopoo

Smash Apprentice
U-tilt

one of my biggest problems with gannondorf is his U-tilt has the massive lag been toned down on that to make it useful ?? and also with the new mechanics of brawl how is his grab game compared to melee ?? I heard chain grabbing for the most part is out ?? with the exception of a couple characters. is it still possible to chain grab any of the FF characters ?

so i'm guessing by the previous post his u-tilt is pretty much the same ?

rtmcs1017

Smash Cadet
one of my biggest problems with gannondorf is his U-tilt has the massive lag been toned down on that to make it useful ?? and also with the new mechanics of brawl how is his grab game compared to melee ?? I heard chain grabbing for the most part is out ?? with the exception of a couple characters. is it still possible to chain grab any of the FF characters ?

His U-Tilt is pretty much unchanged.. the lag is still there. I can see it being used for edgeguards and such though, but it's no big issue. Ganon still has the backhand and still has the uair and that's what matters.

As for chaingrabbing, I'm not sure. I've seen a lot of characters that used to be able to do it in Melee continue to do it but I'm not completely positive. I saw DDD doing it a LOT though.

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman

No such thing as "FF" characters anymore everyone has the same fall speed. As for the chain throw, thats gone to. The up-tilt from what i hear destroys shields, but good luck finding someone dumb enough to stand infront of you while you charge it up. Oh, and you cant be a **** head anymore and use it as an edgeguard.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
No such thing as "FF" characters anymore everyone has the same fall speed.
Is this true? I've heard that falling speed is CLOSER to being homogeneous across the roster but I'm pretty sure that some characters are floatier while some fall a bit faster than others.

chaddd

Smash Lord
I dont care about melee anymore, but just so it's known chaddd never beat me in ganon dittos. Weve played 4 matches and we both won 2. For all I care cash mooney is the best ganon.
3 matches you won 1. But alright, however you want to remember it is fine. I also remember being really really high when I played you, too. But you losing to me while inebriated changes nothing, either, right? Except how seriously I must have been taking you, what being 14 and all.

You obviously care nothing about it, starting your post with how you 'don't care', making the entire body of the post about me vs you, and then ending the post with how you don't care again. This wouldn't all look so bad if it hadn't been just 3 sentences. Well, 1 sentences and 2 sentence fragments. Nice1 dood.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
renth is a great player and a great guy but i did once watch chad sit there and absolutely **** on him, i believe i saw about 3 matches ending in either 3 or 4 stock

the linguini v. chad thing has been going on forever, linguini gained superstar acclaim after his performance at fc but besides other florida tournaments, as far as i know, hasnt really taken anyone out of note or played any truly memorable matches in my opinion, he's very good and i think our last matches we played went with him winning 1-2 matches to the lead against me, so im not putting him down in the least, his ability to fight space animals is pretty intense, but from everythign i've seen in the past year i think chad is an overall more rounded and better suited ganon.

gawes

Linguini

Smash Master
3 matches you won 1. But alright, however you want to remember it is fine. I also remember being really really high when I played you, too. But you losing to me while inebriated changes nothing, either, right? Except how seriously I must have been taking you, what being 14 and all.

You obviously care nothing about it, starting your post with how you 'don't care', making the entire body of the post about me vs you, and then ending the post with how you don't care again. This wouldn't all look so bad if it hadn't been just 3 sentences. Well, 1 sentences and 2 sentence fragments. Nice1 dood.
Well thats what smoking the herb does to ya.lol sentences dont take that much effort to type

I respect your opinion gawes, your just a bit uninformed on who ive beaten. You seemed like a pretty cool guy at LTEC, im looking forward to playing you in brawl.

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
renth is a great player and a great guy but i did once watch chad sit there and absolutely **** on him, i believe i saw about 3 matches ending in either 3 or 4 stock

the linguini v. chad thing has been going on forever, linguini gained superstar acclaim after his performance at fc but besides other florida tournaments, as far as i know, hasnt really taken anyone out of note or played any truly memorable matches in my opinion, he's very good and i think our last matches we played went with him winning 1-2 matches to the lead against me, so im not putting him down in the least, his ability to fight space animals is pretty intense, but from everythign i've seen in the past year i think chad is an overall more rounded and better suited ganon.

gawes
Personal i got a bigger díck than ganon, chaddd, and linguini combined. With that out of the way, GAwes i know chaddd is your boy so you'll back him over another ganon. People in Florida would say the same of linguini, this fight for who has a bigger ganon ego will most definitely die with the melee scene seeing as how "who is the better ganon" wont go past this arguement.

None of you could beat tipman anyway lolzzzzzzzz

GAwes hows europe? Freakin Sighrax moved to Texas to play COD4 as a pro-gamer hahah.

Top Bottom