• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon Frame Data - Smash 4 Edition

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
The people - I don't know if it was just one person or not - who did sixriver's character frame data compilation has pummel, throw hit frames, and more; sixriver's page is this: http://sixriver.web.fc2.com/ssb4/Character_data.htm. The problem is reading Japanese which you don't really need to if you know certain things... First off, Ganondorf's Japanese name is written as: ガノンドロフ. Use Ctrl + F to find where he is... or I'll do it and here's the link to Ganondorf's spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MA7JA-QFj52k-FjWQLgfRXRWlmMCQ65tM0o9P3qwv6U/edit?usp=sharing. You don't really need to know how to read Japanese if you're familiar with Ganondorf's frame data - memory, another chart to compare, etc - like what's frame 10 that Ganondorf has? Dash Attack, Ftilt, Dtilt, and Bair. Now, what's frame 10-12? Ftilt, Dtilt, and Bair. Which is probably going to come first? Ftilt. Note: first page of all of their character data is normals, aerials, grabs, and throws, second page is Specials, and the third page is for miscellaneous stuff like jump, item throw, etc... @Lavani translated some of them with an image to help... I just use Google Translate and memory on certain stuff.

Anyway, Ganondorf's pummel comes out at frame 4 and has, according to sixriver, 30 total frames; it'll be in the first page, in the section labeled: "つかみ", and in the last row labeled: "打撃". A note: sixriver uses total frames and not IASA or FAF which is just total frames + 1... why we can't use total frames too is beyond me... Continuing, that means Ganondorf's pummel recovery frames is 27; total frames - (startup + active frames) + 1 which is 30 - 4 + 1 which equals 30 - 3 which equals 27. IASA and FAF would make this easier as it would just be IASA or FAF - (startup + active frames) which if you noticed something is (total frames + 1) - (startup + active frames). If I confused you, then sorry... So, it takes 4 frames for Ganondorf to connect a pummel, but it takes 27 frames for him to reset for a free action. Two pummels would be 4 (hit) + 27 (recovery) + 4 (hit) + 27 (recovery) = 62 frames total. So, frame 4 is a hit, 27 frames of recovery before frame 35 is the hit, and then 27 more frames before he can do anything else which would be frame 62. That's assuming everything's frame perfect... I hope this helped.
Wow thanks, even if I'd dug up this resource my Katakana is ass so I'd likely have had trouble.

I'm mostly doing this to see how many pummels I can pop in after 40% when dthrow combos stop being a thing and I just use Fthrow or Bthrow.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Wow thanks, even if I'd dug up this resource my Katakana is *** so I'd likely have had trouble.

I'm mostly doing this to see how many pummels I can pop in after 40% when dthrow combos stop being a thing and I just use Fthrow or Bthrow.
No problem. For pure damage, F-throw's probably the better option since it does 13% total. Killing might be a B-throw thing since for whatever reason, F-throw has really low knockback which I guess makes sense since the last hit does 8%, but even then... Not a Ganondorf main by any means, so take what I say with a grain of salt on this. What I do find weird is that Ganondorf's pummel is kind of weak for how slow it is. Then again, this can go for all character not named Fox, Jigglypuff?, Lucario, Lucas, Ness, and Samus. The fact they can pummel you so fast is a problem when it's fair game for them at low and high percents while pummeling with other characters, especially Ganondorf, Mega Man, Mario, and Sheik - yes, her pummel is slow - is weird can barely get one. Average pummelers like Falco, Roy, and Ryu are just that, average. Not much, but there is a major gap when you figure the differences between a fast pummeler vs. an average one vs. a slow one.

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
What frame can a person react out of side b flame choke
Depends on the character. Falcon reaches the ground almost instantly, so there's no chance to follow up - not even in downhill.
Olimar on the other hand takes a long time to reach the ground, so we can even land a garantueed Dsmash on him.

Kodu02

Smash Rookie
Depends on the character. Falcon reaches the ground almost instantly, so there's no chance to follow up - not even in downhill.
Olimar on the other hand takes a long time to reach the ground, so we can even land a garantueed Dsmash on him.
I figured out that ganon can infinitely grab all characters with flame choke and it combos. I found this out in 1/4 the speed in training mode. Since its a command grab I thought you could grab an invincible character while doing nuetral get up and it works.

Top Bottom