• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gaming World's Brawl Rumble Event November 9th Canceled

Gamingwolrd

Smash Journeyman
holy crap.

WAY to take impacts slogan gaming world.

"we got brawls" has been our slogan since we started..

and its been posted on our headline for a while, think of your own catchy phrases..

=/
I was at a table thinking of names and then I just asked for everyone's opinion on a name and first the one Atomsk gave me was a little to hardcore, but the second was I guess was yours. But I didn't know it was copyrighted and didn't know it belonged to you.

Tbagz, Atomsk suggested it because we were talking about the Impact thread in front of the host one day and just decided to name this tourney after that.
I didn't know how Atomsk came up with it, I thought he just thought of it himself w/ his clever mind:)

I'm not coming to your tournaments anymore gamingworld.
Ok

Kai973

Smash Journeyman
I dont understand why some people give GW so much crap. He is a cool guy, states that he will change up his rules if you present them in a logical way that doesnt make you look like an ***, and after what happened in NY yesterday I'd have to say I have much more fun at GW and its smaller turnout. It's simple, he creates a better environment, isn't an ***, like the NY manager, and most of the time is willing to change rules.

I second what waltz said, jiggly, get over yourself. I'm sure GW is crying his eyes out and praying to god that you'll come back but he has other customers and players to think about. Your not the only one who gives him business. Just because Blue and GW dont see eye to eye on one business aspect about blues tournaments doesnt mean they hate each other. I'm sure he'll be having fun tournaments again either before or after the circuit in princeton.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I dont understand why some people give GW so much crap. He is a cool guy, states that he will change up his rules if you present them in a logical way that doesnt make you look like an ***, and after what happened in NY yesterday I'd have to say I have much more fun at GW and its smaller turnout. It's simple, he creates a better environment, isn't an ***, like the NY manager, and most of the time is willing to change rules.

I second what waltz said, jiggly, get over yourself. I'm sure GW is crying his eyes out and praying to god that you'll come back but he has other customers and players to think about. Your not the only one who gives him business. Just because Blue and GW dont see eye to eye on one business aspect about blues tournaments doesnt mean they hate each other. I'm sure he'll be having fun tournaments again either before or after the circuit in princeton.
I know i'm not going next time though because I don't want to waste a trip there. If I don't go to tournaments for a few weeks my dad could probably bring me to princton once every 2 months or so.

Kai973

Smash Journeyman
I know i'm not going next time though because I don't want to waste a trip there. If I don't go to tournaments for a few weeks my dad could probably bring me to princton once every 2 months or so.
Well gl, I'm not sure how long blue's circuit is though. I suppose inui will still be hosting tournaments in princeton. I figured after the circuit was over that everyone would go back to GW except for when major tournaments happen like inuis and blues etc.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Blue's Circuit event is happening the same day as this. This venue < Inui's hotel. Get *****, thanks.

bigmac267

Smash Cadet
My point exactly as of why I'm not happy about the split up between blue and gamingworld.
Unfortunately, what's done is done- I doubt that this will change soon, especially since Blue's circuit has already begun. This difference will pass, but you probably can't do anything at the moment. The only condolence I can offer you is that Thanksgiving weekend will probably bring in some new competition. Many of Gamingworld's local players are college students as of this year and will return home during Thanksgiving break. They are not quite up to your level, but it's better than nothing, right? Unless some of them got better since this summer.

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
I was at a table thinking of names and then I just asked for everyone's opinion on a name and first the one Atomsk gave me was a little to hardcore, but the second was I guess was yours. But I didn't know it was copyrighted and didn't know it belonged to you.

I didn't know how Atomsk came up with it, I thought he just thought of it himself w/ his clever mind:)

Ok
sorry for the mis-understanding. nope i made it up XD

Doom: glad you guys were talking about impact.. though it probably wasnt good talk, probably bad mouthing us -.-

since all you do is say everyone in my crew sucks besides me..

Boofy!

Smash Champion
sooo... where should i go this weekend?

I pretty much live in Denville (GW) however im certain the other venue(s) will be better, worth the trip?

Kai973

Smash Journeyman
sooo... where should i go this weekend?

I pretty much live in Denville (GW) however im certain the other venue(s) will be better, worth the trip?
Well your not too far away so it shouldn't be a problem getting to Blues. I would suggest you check it out if you want.

Kai973

Smash Journeyman
just wondering, why doesnt blue host his tournaments here anymore?

if this strikes a sore spot sorry, just wondering.
I doubt it will, there are no hard feelings between the two that I know of. Anyway it has something to do with a difference in the amount being charged to players and venue fee. They just couldn't come to an agreement so Blue is holding it in Princeton. I you want more exact details I'm sure someone else knows more than I do.

bigmac267

Smash Cadet
I doubt it will, there are no hard feelings between the two that I know of. Anyway it has something to do with a difference in the amount being charged to players and venue fee. They just couldn't come to an agreement so Blue is holding it in Princeton. I you want more exact details I'm sure someone else knows more than I do.
From what I know, Blue wanted the venue to take less from the pot. It is a very tricky split compared to player-run tournaments. On one hand, if players are paying a lot for tournaments, they want the prizes to be as large as possible. Many players feel that the venue should not be allowed to take too much from the pot. On the other hand, the TO for GamingWorld events is not a Brawl player: he is not doing this for glory or the possibility of winning a prize- this is his business.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
From what I know, Blue wanted the venue to take less from the pot. It is a very tricky split compared to player-run tournaments. On one hand, if players are paying a lot for tournaments, they want the prizes to be as large as possible. Many players feel that the venue should not be allowed to take too much from the pot. On the other hand, the TO for GamingWorld events is not a Brawl player: he is not doing this for glory or the possibility of winning a prize- this is his business.
Also: The venue feels messy, cluttered. The TV's suck, the staff sucks, the chair setup was balls out.

The old guy there is a grumpy ****face.

And they tip pizzamen to high. I'm not tipping a dollar for 2 slices when other people ordered 3 pies. tch.

And yes, it's his business. But not for long. Besides us, that place was a ****ing ghost town. It'll fail soon enough.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Also: The venue feels messy, cluttered. The TV's suck, the staff sucks, the chair setup was balls out.

The old guy there is a grumpy ****face.

And they tip pizzamen to high. I'm not tipping a dollar for 2 slices when other people ordered 3 pies. tch.

And yes, it's his business. But not for long. Besides us, that place was a ****ing ghost town. It'll fail soon enough.

Everyone in my house orgasm'd after i read this......

Gamingwolrd

Smash Journeyman
this weeks weeklies has changed to Sunday because of two other events scheduled for Saturday. CYA there

dmbrandon

Smash Master
And secondly I'm glad we left some type of impression on you cuz your ALWAYS talking about the store. Any publicity is good publicity even bad publicity so keep telling everybody cuz you just seem to talk about the store all the time.
Until you stop having tournament from me bashing the reputations head in. How many people last week? 7?

luls.

gamer490

Smash Cadet
Cool place to play

Gaming World is an awesome place to play weekly tournaments. Soul Calibur IV and Smash every week.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Don't expect me to be there. I'm not wasting another trip, instead I'm saving up weeks to be able to go to a princeton tourny maybe once every month. I'll sacrifice a few weeks if thats what it takes me to get to a good tournament. Seriously, I can't stay on the ranking list forever if I don't go to any other tournies than GW ecpecially with all the good players in different locations.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I like how the host of gamingworld is really relaxed about the bs talk, lol!

I was planning on coming but I don't think I am anymore cause I was drinking tonight and side-scraped a blue pole near my job so I might spend tomorrow trying to make it look decent before my parents come home Monday.

Kai973

Smash Journeyman
I like how the host of gamingworld is really relaxed about the bs talk, lol!

I was planning on coming but I don't think I am anymore cause I was drinking tonight and side-scraped a blue pole near my job so I might spend tomorrow trying to make it look decent before my parents come home Monday.
The perfect way to end the day huh? After a couple hours of brawl, its time to get wasted lol XD. It was pretty fun today even though it was a bit slow, I'm glad you went. I'm not sure whats going on next saturday due to the tournament in Edison, and the one in NYC. If blue has his event in princeton this week do you think you wil attend again? I'm sure blue will have it saturday again, I dont think he wants to skip a week due to this weeks turnout. We can blame AIB for that :)

Puff once again, I dont think he cares so you dont have to keep repeating yourself. It's pathetic. If your trying to get to princeton, you should try and go for inuis event on the 22nd. Blue's event is well on its way but if you can only make it down once a month then the circuit wont do you much good.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
LOL on needing to save up WEEKS to be able to go to just 1 tournament.
Well exuse me, i'm sorry that my dad isn't the kind of person who dosn't have anything better to do except driving for 2 hours every weekend so his son can play video games.

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to ride someone for 2 hours every week to a place that you wouldn't stay at.

Gamingworld, you suck, its over, you lost, blue's toury's **** yours so much it isn't even funny. I might have came back some time later in one of your tournies but now i've got my mind set on never coming back. I'd rather play no games at all then spend a day at your place with nobody there again. I'm 100% against you and I agree with just about everything Dmbrandon says. You were a jerk the first molment we met and even more now. I don't regret saying any of this because you deserve it.

@kai - I really don't care that much about the total rankings but I just want to make some more accoplishments at other areas. And truthfully I don't think what I just said will get to him either. He has no personality obviously.

ok puff, i still don't care what you think, blah blah blah, you make me sad puff =[ [insert tears here] i was j/k i'm not crying.
I spared your post so you don't need to reply.

Oh and I forgot about your new next post
thats not what I would say.
Aren't you glad you have me to spare you the time posting this stuff? XD

cya

-Blue-

Smash Journeyman
>_> can everyone stop this nonsense!!!!!! i have no problem with gamingworld. i have not tried to compete with GW....that goes to you puff. and for the rest of the post. plz let him host tourneys without haunting him with negative posts.

Sry GW that all this had started one week after i hosted. i believe you should blame me for this mishap.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Well exuse me, i'm sorry that my dad isn't the kind of person who dosn't have anything better to do except driving for 2 hours every weekend so his son can play video games.
Carpool with all of the other North NJ Smashers. There's a lot of you. Don't you live near Kai and BlackWaltz?

Snakeee

Smash Master
This is getting a little out of hand, I don't know why everyone has to attack this host instead of trying to find ways work things out.

Top Bottom