• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gameyard Showdown: The Sequel, 10/2/2010, Garden City, MI

Sumer

Smash Ace
I've called for a last minute poll to all attendees on AiB to vote on whether or not to ban Japes in Brawl. I really don't believe this stage qualifies as a counter pick (Most if not all rule sets, excluding the newest BBR one that one one listens to lol have this stage as banned). So I say let the attendees decide on whether or not it should be allowed. :3

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=10652

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I've called for a last minute poll to all attendees on AiB to vote on whether or not to ban Japes in Brawl. I really don't believe this stage qualifies as a counter pick (Most if not all rule sets, excluding the newest BBR one that one one listens to lol have this stage as banned). So I say let the attendees decide on whether or not it should be allowed. :3

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=10652
lol Usually it's not a good idea to change stage lists the day before the tourney. Had you not liked the stage list, you should have raised questions about it earlier.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
lol Usually it's not a good idea to change stage lists the day before the tourney. Had you not liked the stage list, you should have raised questions about it earlier.
i totally agree with this...

anyways...

hypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehype

Sumer

Smash Ace
I don't think anyone will avoid the tournament because they were ONLY planning to come since it was a jungle japes legal tournament, and it's not very difficult to announce before competition starts that day that Japes is no longer playable, or scratch it off of a few stage list sheets.

I see no instance where changing one stage from a stage list the day before a local size tournament would cause any dramatic changes for the tournament.

That being said, I'd still like the vote to be considered, but if not that's fine. If people really need a stage like that to allow them to win over their own skill that's fine with me. lol And I'll only laugh at anyone who chooses that stage and still loses, but I'd rather just not deal with it. :3

Sumer

Smash Ace
You act as if Japes gets picked every other CP. lolololol
You act as if taking the stage off of the list will make anyone upset other than people who plan to cp it to abuse it for it's broken elements. o.o

I don't feel like getting into a debate. I'm simply asking for a poll. lol I'll wait to hear from Derek on that since I have no idea who you are gifts person..

Tewx2

Smash Ace
Your argument against Japes still applies to them.

Those are cps on every stage list, japes isn't a counter pick on almost every stage list.
Also this is a logical Fallacy, just because something has been done in one way for an extended period of time doesn't mean that it's correct.

Sumer

Smash Ace
So just because a majority of people have done it one way, and a minority likes it differently it should go that way? o.o Pretty sure the majority of people who go by it do so because educated people host their tournaments and know that stage doesn't belong on the list, while the minority of times it's used are at tournaments with inexperienced hosts (As far as brawl knowledge, and none of this is directed at Derek. :3).

I'll just drop the subject since it seems like a fair amount of people wish to have this stage legal here. By all means I wish all of you who cp this stage the best of luck. You'll probably need it and more if you have to cp it to try and win against a better play. lol

Unrelated:

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=87656

Can someone help her out?

Tewx2

Smash Ace
So just because a majority of people have done it one way, and a minority likes it differently it should go that way?
Nobody brought up majority or minority rule. I just pointed out flaws in your arguments. Never stated one of my own.

o.o Pretty sure the majority of people who go by it do so because educated people host their tournaments and know that stage doesn't belong on the list, while the minority of times it's used are at tournaments with inexperienced hosts (As far as brawl knowledge, and none of this is directed at Derek. :3).
You're using circular logic now. "The stage doesn't belong on the list because everyone knows it doesn't belong on the list." If it truly doesn't belong on the stage list I'm sure you can come up with a logically sound argument about why it shouldn't be.

I'll just drop the subject since it seems like a fair amount of people wish to have this stage legal here. By all means I wish all of you who cp this stage the best of luck. You'll probably need it and more if you have to cp it to try and win against a better play. lol
I would venture to say that the reason you're dropping your argument is because it failed to hold up to scrutiny. But that's just me. But by all means be bitter about all the MI Falcos that are gonna CP you to FD after you ban japes after you gay them out on Brinstar or Cruise.

Crying over nothing imo

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Derek just txted me... he said he will address the issue with Japes when he gets back from work.

What's The Point

Smash Master
What issue? It's a fine stage that is less janky than Rainbow Cruise, but is just unpopular so it's rarely legal.

Really, with Rainbow and Brinstar on, a lot of other stages should be acceptably legal since those two are crazy.

Sumer

Smash Ace
I dropped the subject because I'm mature. XD Idc about the last word, and I'm fine with beating anyone who cps me to japes and laughing at them after.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
Protip part of taking the mature route involves not saying that ur being mature. Anyone who actually states it is using it as an excuse.

Best of 3 MM Jungle Japes only. 5$

Top Bottom