• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gameshark Code Collection

dam_tewton

Smash Rookie
Wow thank you, that works perfectly. Makes the CPUs much more interesting to play against. Now if only they could fade to the ledge and do aerials off stage while recovering

Giving them auto z-canceling wouldn't hurt either, that's probably much more realistic rn

Last edited:

The Star King

Smash Hero
Is it possible to have a code that changes player 1's spawn on Dreamland to player 4's location (for neutral start online)? I asked for always neutral start regardless of ports once I think but it never got done and this might be easier. I just really want this done and I'm sure anyone who plays online would like this as well (I think it will become standard if it got made).

Last edited:

Madao

Is it possible to have a code that changes player 1's spawn on Dreamland to player 4's location (for neutral start online)? I asked for always neutral start regardless of ports once I think but it never got done and this might be easier. I just really want this done and I'm sure anyone who plays online would like this as well (I think it will become standard if it got made).
If this is for vs mode, the codes I provided should work. In my first post in this thread, look for VS Mode Spawn Coordinates. Sorry for the original post being a giant mess. I really need to update the post, to clean it up and add some more codes as well. If they do not work, let me know. Also if you want the spawn coordinate codes for any additional stages, I can add them in as well.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I've used Madao's codes for this online and it caused desync on servers often. It was right when the match started, so I assume the code didn't get sent to the opponent properly? I bet p2p would be fine though, it seems better at syncing codes, but I haven't tried.
Also, it may not have worked on server because I had a lot of codes stacked on top of each other though (unlock everything, skip to css, skip to dreamland, P1 spawns where P4 spawns, P4 spawns where P1 spawns (for teams), and 5 stock+no items+team attack on). I didn't try just the spawn code by itself (plus the unlock everything code, of course).

dam_tewton

Smash Rookie
There's a code for all skeleton characters, the skeleton bodies being from the electrocution animation. But there there is also an all-black character animation that flashes when hit by electric attacks.

Would it be possible to have all blacked out characters using the same method from the skeleton code?

Madao

yeah it's not working. not causing any changes.

I'm trying to add
81218976 058D
81218978 038D

http://i.imgur.com/22ScwgE.png
Thanks for the feedback. The issue reminds me of a problem I never figured out. Apparently, the addresses may differ, depending on your save file. I guess when I made the code years ago, my save file was different, because now I see a shift in the addresses.

Try this code
812189B6 058D
812189B8 038D

I may try seeing why the address changed, depending on the file. I know certain things may affect cetain addresses, like whether or not items are turned on.

There's a code for all skeleton characters, the skeleton bodies being from the electrocution animation. But there there is also an all-black character animation that flashes when hit by electric attacks.

Would it be possible to have all blacked out characters using the same method from the skeleton code?
I can't promise anything, but I'll look into it.

Unison-player

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1951-1856-7482
Can someone please generate a Code that disables the "tap jump" and if possible, separate them by players cuz I don't want everyone's tap jump off :urg:

Madao

Can someone please generate a Code that disables the "tap jump" and if possible, separate them by players cuz I don't want everyone's tap jump off :urg:
I don't think there is an easy way to disable tap jump. Might need to be a rom patch instead.
This code crashes the game on console for timed-stock matches. Any alternatives or work arounds?
I'm pretty sure I posted the fix somewhere on this site, but I unfortunately cannot find the post so I'll prolly have to figure out the code again. A lot of codes probably should use an activator if you're using them on console. I apologize for not being extra careful with code creation. I probably won't make the code for a while, but I'll fix it eventually :)

Ælude

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure I posted the fix somewhere on this site, but I unfortunately cannot find the post so I'll prolly have to figure out the code again. A lot of codes probably should use an activator if you're using them on console. I apologize for not being extra careful with code creation. I probably won't make the code for a while, but I'll fix it eventually :)
Activator codes confuse me. Is there standard copy+paste activator codes?

If you don't think you'll get to it for awhile do you think you could point me in the right direction to try and attempt it myself? Having this code by the weekend will enable me to have an extra setup at a tourney im hosting.

Madao

Activator codes confuse me. Is there standard copy+paste activator codes?

If you don't think you'll get to it for awhile do you think you could point me in the right direction to try and attempt it myself? Having this code by the weekend will enable me to have an extra setup at a tourney im hosting.
Basically the issue is that N64 games use self modifying code. This means that the code at a particular address may change depending on what part of the game you're in. What you will have to do is figure out a good activator code, so that the stock display code is only enabled while you're in a match in VS mode.

One thing you could do is look at what the value of the code is, at 8013A789 while in a match. I just took a quick look in vs mode and it seem to be 0x83, so you could try
D013A789 0083
8013A789 0080
What this code does is if the byte at location 8013A789 = 83, it changes it to 80. Let me know if that fixes the crash for you. If not, then we'll have to come up with a more creative activator code.

I really need to fix up my code collection. Just never got around to it. Problem is that I don't have a gameshark 3.x so I can only test codes on emulator.

Ælude

Smash Cadet
Madao Madao

Didn't crash but didn't seem to do anything as there was still only 1 stock icon for 5 stocks. Triple checked to make sure I entered them correctly.

Madao

Madao Madao

Didn't crash but didn't seem to do anything as there was still only 1 stock icon for 5 stocks. Triple checked to make sure I entered them correctly.
Guess I rushed it lol. Thanks for the feedback. Special thanks to @pillowhead for giving me the idea of using D1 for more reliability.

Try
D113A788 A088
8013A789 0080

I forgot that it checks before stage select screen.. I wish Nemu's debugger supported all load / store instructions for breakpoints

Ælude

Smash Cadet
Awesome work, it seems to work perfectly now! Huge thank you for taking the time to get this to work so promptly.

B Link

Smash Lord
Is there an address that determines when characters fall in the background after a KO vs bouncing off the front of the screen? If so, could we get a game shark code to force it one way or the other?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Thanks for the feedback. The issue reminds me of a problem I never figured out. Apparently, the addresses may differ, depending on your save file. I guess when I made the code years ago, my save file was different, because now I see a shift in the addresses.

Try this code
812189B6 058D
812189B8 038D

I may try seeing why the address changed, depending on the file. I know certain things may affect cetain addresses, like whether or not items are turned on.

I can't promise anything, but I'll look into it.
With these spawn codes, I've noticed there are times when the game crashes right after loading the N64 logo, before the introduction. Do you think the addresses differ based on which character is spawned during the introduction? Idk how that would have anything to do with it, but just a suggestion.

Also, instead of having a code that changes the spawn points, is it possible to have a code that detects P1 as P4 to avoid using the spawn changes (if they can't be resolved)?

Madao

With these spawn codes, I've noticed there are times when the game crashes right after loading the N64 logo, before the introduction. Do you think the addresses differ based on which character is spawned during the introduction? Idk how that would have anything to do with it, but just a suggestion.
That's an interesting question. I doubt the intro has anything to do with the addresses though. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with save file. Anyway, I'm guessing this crash is due to the lack of an activator code.. Sorry, I only test codes on emulator so sometimes I forget to ensure that it will work on console too.

Try this
D12189B6 0000
812189B6 058D
D12189B8 0006
812189B8 038D

If it doesn't work, then I'm not sure how to fix it lol.

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
Merry Christmas!

Anyways, I decided to try out the stage hazards hitbox modifier code, and discovered that it also works on the POW Block too, but it doesn't work on the piranha plants though. Also, the game crashes whenever an arwing appears with the code on; I'm guessing a different code is needed for the arwings and the piranha plants to edit those hitboxes.

Last edited:

ImmotileEpidemic

Smash Rookie
Is there a gameshark code that makes your character experience infinite hitstun? The reason why I am asking is, I would like to have a computer hit me in training mode into an infinite hitstun so I can practice all forms of DI easily. Like the range at which I need to move the joystick to get the best out of every frame.

Madao

Is there a gameshark code that makes your character experience infinite hitstun? The reason why I am asking is, I would like to have a computer hit me in training mode into an infinite hitstun so I can practice all forms of DI easily. Like the range at which I need to move the joystick to get the best out of every frame.
If you're playing on emulator, you're better off using Cheat Engine. You can use my cheat engine table to do many things that could help for practicing.

If this is for console, then I guess I can try to come up with a good code.

ImmotileEpidemic

Smash Rookie
This is for emulation I play on console as well but, I find practicing on the emulator much more efficient.
Is the cheat engine table the list of codes at the beginning of this thread?

Madao

This is for emulation I play on console as well but, I find practicing on the emulator much more efficient.
Is the cheat engine table the list of codes at the beginning of this thread?
On the bottom of my first post, there are links to cheat engine tables for different emulators. I guess you're unfamiliar with cheat engine. It's a quite useful program for emulation. I'd google it, if you really are unfamiliar with cheat engine.

ImmotileEpidemic

Smash Rookie
From the looks of it, a cheat engine allows you to modify, save, and detect various variables in a rom emulation. Like for instance the ability to locate the variable, "hitstun". This information has been very helpful, this is exactly what I need! I am new to emulator's in general, let alone a cheat engine. Thank you for being very quick to reply. I will study up on cheat engines now!

Arkium

Smash Rookie
Hello,

Is there a code for Smash 64 that don't let game freeze after using any special character (like metal mario, polygons, giant dk, master hand) on story, training and versus/multiplayer modes?

If not, can someone make, please?

Thanks.

RPGgrenade

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I'm searching for some codes that can speed up the animations of Ness' PK Fire (both grounded and aerial) as well as PK Magnet's overall speed. Does anyone have codes for these?

Last edited:

Madao

Hi, I'm searching for some codes that can speed up the animations of Ness' PK Fire (both grounded and aerial) as well as PK Magnet's overall speed. Does anyone have codes for these?
I can try looking for it, perhaps sometime this week. I forgot my methodology for finding the code. Guess I'll have to set breakpoints on some of the known address.

RPGgrenade

Smash Apprentice
It would also be fantastic if there was a known code, register or location in order to give Link the ability to turn around with Up-B. I'm curious if it's even possible. I assume so considering some characters can and others can't, implying that there's something that allows for it?
Dunno, but it'd be great to have that.

Madao

It would also be fantastic if there was a known code, register or location in order to give Link the ability to turn around with Up-B. I'm curious if it's even possible. I assume so considering some characters can and others can't, implying that there's something that allows for it?
Idk how to do that, but im sure it's possible via ROM hack. I just don't know enough about the game to be able to implement that myself.

FrayedAdversity

Smash Rookie
Idk how to do that, but im sure it's possible via ROM hack. I just don't know enough about the game to be able to implement that myself.
IIRC it's possible to give link's up special the function usually used for turning around during falcon's up special. However, that function uses the same flag to determine when turning around is no longer possible that link's up special uses to determine when to stop vertical acceleration, so currently giving link's up special the ability to turn around also causes link to continuously rise until the end of the up special animation :(

RPGgrenade

Smash Apprentice
IIRC it's possible to give link's up special the function usually used for turning around during falcon's up special. However, that function uses the same flag to determine when turning around is no longer possible that link's up special uses to determine when to stop vertical acceleration, so currently giving link's up special the ability to turn around also causes link to continuously rise until the end of the up special animation :(
well... that sucks... hmmm... can you keep me posted on any advancements there? Cuz that sounds promising... but still, that's a shame it's not that easy.

Sklink

Smash Rookie
If you're willing to help out, I can help you learn how to debug. It's not as hard as people make it out to be. Sure some things are hard, but the main thing it takes is creativity and determination.
I know this offer was to another user, and a while back, but if you are available for a one-on-one tutorial for Nemu debugging, I would be happy to pay for your time.

My friends and I play SSB regularly and would like to work on balancing the characters so we can widen our roster.

The codes you've provided have been a fantastic start, but I'd like to continue to extend it; e.g. increasing the height of DK's Up + B.

I've taught myself basic MIPS ASM and was working directly in the ROM to attempt to modify the values before I found this thread, although I didn't get very far with that aside from figuring out how to remap some controls.

Madao

Is there a gameshark code to always make the cpu upB to the stage?
I don't think there is a GS code, but there is a rom patch that does this. Can't remember where it is though.

Cray Z

Smash Rookie
Last edited:

Vinnie Spaghetti

Smash Rookie
Trying to work with Cheatengine to make a hack that makes a hitbox turn red when the character is in hitstun to do some combo study
Does anybody have a good way to do this/the hex code to track?

Top Bottom