• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gameshark Code Collection

Innovation

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1332-7704-0728
Hey guys! Really thankful for everything that's been posted here; it's been helping me out a lot.

I've created a "universal stage select" code using several codes gathered from here, arranged in such a way that every non-character-specific stage is playable in V.S. mode without having to turn on/off the code. Just select the normal, usually-available stages using A; select the not-usually-available stages by holding Start instead of A; access Final Destination by holding Z+A on any stage.

[collapse=Alternate Stage Select Code]
D109EFA4 1000
D00A4D09 0003
800A4D09 000D
D109EFA4 1000
D00A4D09 0007
800A4D09 000E
D109EFA4 1000
D00A4D09 0006
800A4D09 0009
D109EFA4 1000
D00A4D09 0005
800A4D09 000C
D109EFA4 1000
D00A4D09 0008
800A4D09 000B
D109EFA4 1000
D00A4D09 0001
800A4D09 000A
D109EFA4 1000
D00A4D09 0004
800A4D09 000F
D109EFA4 2000
800A4D09 0010
D109EFA4 2000
D0991133 0018
D109EFA4 2000
80991133 0019
D109EFA4 2000
D00A4D09 0010
D109EFA4 2000
81104C14 2002
D109EFA4 2000
D00A4D09 0010
D109EFA4 2000
81104C16 000E

Here's normal stage select, followed by a 'map' of where the normal stages will take you using the alternate stage select:
Normal:

Alternate:

[/collapse]

Now I have a request, and I'm sorry to ask more of you guys, but I could really use the help. Could anyone give me a code that would allow me to edit the respawn platform locations for Dreamland beta 1 and 2? DL beta 2 has a tendency to respawn you out of bounds (and sometimes freeze the game entirely), and DL beta 1 just freezes the game when trying to respawn. I want to see if I can fix those stages by editing the respawn platform locations so that you can play stock matches with more than one stock safely.

I'll add that to this code and give you guys the updated version then. Thanks again, and I hope you guys (especially the console players) enjoy this!

Last edited:

DoubleT

Smash Rookie
Im trying to find the universal throwing distance multplier for grabs. I want to me grabs almost useless. Help anyone?

Madao

Im trying to find the universal throwing distance multplier for grabs. I want to me grabs almost useless. Help anyone?
I'm pretty sure grabs use the regular knockback formula, so you'd have to tweak every grab individually, if I remember correctly.

gabojosue

Smash Rookie
Madao Madao
1-You can attempt to find one way to delete limit of 4 items in Training Mode?
2-Also do you know how to delete Fox Shield's Reflector Break mode? I want Fox don't be in weak mode when he reflects 4 shell contacts/shots, I want unlimited shield reflector durability.
3-How to eliminate the limit of KO on the left, right and above sides of the screen?
You can help me?

Last edited:

Madao

Madao Madao
1-You can attempt to find one way to delete limit of 4 items in Training Mode?
2-Also do you know how to delete Fox Shield's Reflector Break mode? I want Fox don't be in weak mode when he reflects 4 shell contacts/shots, I want unlimited shield reflector durability.
3-How to eliminate the limit of KO on the left, right and above sides of the screen?
You can help me?
1. I couldn't figure that out, sorry.
2. I have already posted the code here. Next time I suggest searching the forum, because there's a lot of good info that is buried lol.
3. I assume you are talking about blastzones. Yes you can edit them, although I don't think making gameshark codes are easy for those because each level has a different address, and there might be other factors to affect the address too. Off hand, I don't remember any addresses, but my cheat engine table has it, so you can play around with it.

gabojosue

Smash Rookie
1. I couldn't figure that out, sorry.
2. I have already posted the code here. Next time I suggest searching the forum, because there's a lot of good info that is buried lol.
3. I assume you are talking about blastzones. Yes you can edit them, although I don't think making gameshark codes are easy for those because each level has a different address, and there might be other factors to affect the address too. Off hand, I don't remember any addresses, but my cheat engine table has it, so you can play around with it.
Madao Madao
Thank you very much for reply my message! :)

1- The Item and Projectile reflected to 999 damage codes did'nt worked for me in the PJ64 1.7, so you can tell me how to get working these Gameshark codes?
2- Is there a way to convert the addresses from your CE table (PJ64KVE) to PJ64 1.7?
3- There are a codes to change REAL health % of players in VS MODE?

Last edited:

Milosz006

Smash Rookie
I have a Gameshark question, though it's for Goldeneye. I'm looking for a code to toggle swapping c-up and c-down for players 1-4. Can this be done? Thanks for any help.

Madao

Madao Madao
Thank you very much for reply my message! :)

1- The Item and Projectile reflected to 999 damage codes did'nt worked for me in the PJ64 1.7, so you can tell me how to get working these Gameshark codes?
2- Is there a way to convert the addresses from your CE table (PJ64KVE) to PJ64 1.7?
3- There are a codes to change REAL health % of players in VS MODE?
1. It works for me. Try enabling the code before booting the game. There's a problem in many emulators where some codes won't be activated if you enable them mid-game.
2.Yes, you can use an offset, which i excplsin in my first post. If I remember correctly the address for kve hacked, is 0x40000000, so you can just change the 4 to 8. Don't forget to byteswap for the addresses though. You can read up on endianness if you don't know what I mean.
3. I'm sure it's possible but I don't have the code. The problem is that the address is different depending on too many factors, like stage, items enabled, etc.
I have a Gameshark question, though it's for Goldeneye. I'm looking for a code to toggle swapping c-up and c-down for players 1-4. Can this be done? Thanks for any help.
I don't know of a way to do that, sorry.

XTR Fist Mexico

Smash Rookie
Please feel free to contribute by adding codes you know. I am also accepting requests (so long as it's not too difficult or time consuming). If you guys want to modify moveset data, let me know what stage and mode. I will do the first few, then I can teach you guys how to make your own codes.

If you are still accepting request and it is not late... Is there a way you can add a green or magenta font to any stage? like a full screen/magenta screen with anything in it but green/magenta + the character?

I know this is possible in melee and now we are streaming 64 and I need this to get some stuff from smash 64

Madao

If you are still accepting request and it is not late... Is there a way you can add a green or magenta font to any stage? like a full screen/magenta screen with anything in it but green/magenta + the character?

I know this is possible in melee and now we are streaming 64 and I need this to get some stuff from smash 64
If I understand you correctly, you want to be able to replace the entire background with a solid color? With cheat engine, I was able to do that in training mode, but it doesn't work with accurate video plugins like Angrylion's. I never tried it in GLideN64. Within a week or two, I can try looking more into this.

If you meant something else, please clarify. Also does it matter if I can only get this working for training mode? I never figured out how to tweak the stage background in vs mode.

Raycat howy

Smash Rookie
Is it possible you can be invincible.
Like is there a code that makes you immortal
You can't hurt your opponent. But your opponent also can't hurt you.
Is there a code for that?

Raycat howy

Smash Rookie
This is a place where you can find codes that are almost impossible to find. Such as invincibility
Auto cancel which makes your character go turbo.
And all that sweet and juicy codes
Now where can I find a invincibility code?

Last edited:

Madao

Is it possible you can be invincible.
Like is there a code that makes you immortal
You can't hurt your opponent. But your opponent also can't hurt you.
Is there a code for that?
I guess I have not made that code yet. It should be possible to do. I could try figuring it out next week, if you want the code.

Fudgment

Smash Cadet
So is there some code that would allow you to simply skip the Results Screen/Victory Screen/Victory Pose and just go back to menu or character select after the end of a vs. match?

As you know, that causes all of the hack only characters to freeze the game. If it could be skipped, it may make them less annoying to play with.

Is it possible and has it been done?

Really appreciate your work on all this.

Last edited:

Madao

So is there some code that would allow you to simply skip the Results Screen/Victory Screen/Victory Pose and just go back to menu or character select after the end of a vs. match?
If I'm not mistaken, there is a rom patch that skips victory screen, but I'm not quite sure. In any case, I can look into it this week.

Fudgment

Smash Cadet
If I'm not mistaken, there is a rom patch that skips victory screen, but I'm not quite sure. In any case, I can look into it this week.
Thanks! That'd be great if you get a chance to look at it. I play it old-school on the N64, so the ROM patch won't get me much. I'd love to make the shark'd characters more enjoyable to goof around with.

Madao

Thanks! That'd be great if you get a chance to look at it. I play it old-school on the N64, so the ROM patch won't get me much. I'd love to make the shark'd characters more enjoyable to goof around with.
Normally i take forever to fulfill requests but this one's easy :) . I already had notes regarding this type of code. Well hopefully there's no side effects.

D118E314 240E
8118E316 0010

Let me know if this works.

Fudgment

Smash Cadet
Normally i take forever to fulfill requests but this one's easy :) . I already had notes regarding this type of code. Well hopefully there's no side effects.

D118E314 240E
8118E316 0010

Man, that's awesome. Thanks a lot. It did work, at least at skipping the results screen. However, it still fails to stop the freezing. There must be something else going on behind the scenes that causes it. Well it was worth a shot. I feel like there has to be a work around, but who knows how. Game must have some additional process that go on immediately after the match that causes it. Maybe it's searching for something related to one of the characters...

Fudgment

Smash Cadet

D118E314 240E
8118E316 0010

So I had another thought here. Since that didn't solve the freezing issue, would it be possible to send the player directly to the title or to one of the menus after a match? I'm thinking the freeze is possibly caused by the game trying to place the player select chip on a character that doesn't exist?

Is there a way to figure out what's causing this issue and just skip it? Even if its a somewhat ugly solution.

Madao

Sorry for the late reply. I figured I'd wait until doing more testing before replying. Unfortunately it's beyond me at this point, as I tried doing things like going to mode select screen, but that caused a freeze as well after trying to go back to vs mode.

It's possible to figure out what's causing the issue, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to debug freezes. Interestingly, it's possible to do instant rematches without freezing.Here's a relevant address for debugging purposes via emulator, 800A4AD0. It represents what part of the game you're currently on. For example 0x16 is in battle, 0x18 is results screen, 0x15 is stage select, 0x10 is char select.

The best I could do, was make it go to stage select, but you'd still be stuck with same characters. It still freezes if you try to go back to character select screen. All you have to do is replace 0010 in that gameshark code with.

If you force your character back to one of the 12 characters, it will not freeze,from what I've seen. So you can either make a button activator, or add a code to automatically change character back before char select screen. Although to be honest, I only do testing on emulator, so I'm not sure how safe this is to do.

Fudgment

Smash Cadet
Sorry for the late reply. I figured I'd wait until doing more testing before replying. Unfortunately it's beyond me at this point, as I tried doing things like going to mode select screen, but that caused a freeze as well after trying to go back to vs mode.

It's possible to figure out what's causing the issue, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to debug freezes. Interestingly, it's possible to do instant rematches without freezing.Here's a relevant address for debugging purposes via emulator, 800A4AD0. It represents what part of the game you're currently on. For example 0x16 is in battle, 0x18 is results screen, 0x15 is stage select, 0x10 is char select.

The best I could do, was make it go to stage select, but you'd still be stuck with same characters. It still freezes if you try to go back to character select screen. All you have to do is replace 0010 in that gameshark code with.

If you force your character back to one of the 12 characters, it will not freeze,from what I've seen. So you can either make a button activator, or add a code to automatically change character back before char select screen. Although to be honest, I only do testing on emulator, so I'm not sure how safe this is to do.
Dude, you are too cool and too kind. I think I have a solution here. I tested on console and your send to stage select plan worked perfectly. I could keep re-matching. Which says to me, I was correct about the problem, it's the character select screen and there being no Giant DK or Master Hand space, ect. How would I do this automatic force? Could it be set to automatically reset to nothing, like when you first turn on the game?

If the automatic force situation doesn't work, could we send the player to the vs mode menu, then insert a check that says basically "If at vs. menu, characters are reset to empty (like when you first start playing) or possibly just different characters."

Building on that, in my search for a freeze fix I ran into this code:

D009EFA5 000C
800A4D2B 000D
D00A4D2B 000D
81000438 0100
D009EFA5 0003
800A4D2B 001A
D00A4D2B 001A
81000438 0200
D009EFA5 0000
80000439 0001
D1000438 0101
800A4D2B 0000
D1000438 0201
800A4D2B 0002
D01317CC 0000
81000438 0000
D00A4D0A 0000
800A4D2E 0000

It is supposed to solve the freezing problem. It allows the player to select either Giant DK or Metal Mario via holding either left and right c-buttons or up and down c-buttons right before stage select (or at character select if stage select is off [code writer recommends this for some reason]). It works in all aspects, but the freeze fix unfortunately. Perhaps you can see what exactly the code writer was trying to do better than I (and see where he went wrong). But this code could be used for all characters couldn't it? Could you educate me on how I could slip in the other hacked characters into such a system? I can kinda see some things, but I'm pretty new to this whole thing. I'm definitely unclear on how the button activator works.

Madao

My idea is to just force the player id, back to a normal character during the battle.

Lets say player 1 is metal mario or something, you can probably fix the crash by doing this code
D00A4AD0 0018
800A4D2B 0001

What this code does is automatically change player 1 back to fox, in the results screen. I'll try to explain how activator codes work. When you don't have expansion pack, the address range for N64's RAM is 80000000 through 80400000. When you see codes that start with 80 or 81, they are modifying RAM. If you see D0 or D1, those are activator codes. What D0/D1 does is check if the value at that address = the number specified.
800A4AD0 represents what part of the game you're currently on, so D00A4AD0 0018 basically means "if the game is currently at the results screen, then enable the code below" . 800A4D2B 0001 essentially makes player 1 become fox.

Here are the addresses for character ID for each palyer
800A4D2B = player 1
800A4D9F = player 2
800A4E13 = player 3
800A4E87 = player 4

I couldn't get your code to work (on emulator), but if you want to change it, you can refer to button activator values as well as the character values, which are posted in my first post. I know it's a mess and I really need to clean up the post. You'll notice in the code you psoted, 800A4D2B. That address affects the character of player 1. So if you wanted to use polygon fox, you would do 800A4D2B 0015, since 0x15 represents polygon fox.

Fudgment

Smash Cadet
My idea is to just force the player id, back to a normal character during the battle.

Lets say player 1 is metal mario or something, you can probably fix the crash by doing this code
D00A4AD0 0018
800A4D2B 0001

What this code does is automatically change player 1 back to fox, in the results screen. I'll try to explain how activator codes work. When you don't have expansion pack, the address range for N64's RAM is 80000000 through 80400000. When you see codes that start with 80 or 81, they are modifying RAM. If you see D0 or D1, those are activator codes. What D0/D1 does is check if the value at that address = the number specified.
800A4AD0 represents what part of the game you're currently on, so D00A4AD0 0018 basically means "if the game is currently at the results screen, then enable the code below" . 800A4D2B 0001 essentially makes player 1 become fox.

800A4D2B = player 1
800A4D9F = player 2
800A4E13 = player 3
800A4E87 = player 4

I couldn't get your code to work (on emulator), but if you want to change it, you can refer to button activator values as well as the character values, which are posted in my first post. I know it's a mess and I really need to clean up the post. You'll notice in the code you psoted, 800A4D2B. That address affects the character of player 1. So if you wanted to use polygon fox, you would do 800A4D2B 0015, since 0x15 represents polygon fox.
I see, I guess I missed that, sorry about that. I'll look back at the original post as a resource.

I tried out your idea and it will get you to the results screen, but freezes after you press start. The game is still stuck on Metal Mario I think. I think, if we could reset the status of the character select screen, that would probably do it. That or possibly the skip to vs. menu and set to fox approach

Fudgment

Smash Cadet

D00A4AD0 0018
800A4D2B 0001

800A4D2B = player 1
800A4D9F = player 2
800A4E13 = player 3
800A4E87 = player 4

I can be taught! I figured it out by myself. You just have to do the same thing for the character select as result screen. Fixed! Dude, so huge! I owe you one.

Now if I can figure out to make giant versions of other characters and no Pokemon in Saffron, I'll have achieved all my Smashsharking dreams...

Speaking of that, do you have codes for enlarging the characters and their graphics? If not, don't do any more work for me, I've asked enough, but if you happened to already know.

Madao

You're welcome. I don't have any codes to enlarge specific characters, unfortunately. I do know the code for disabling pokemon in saffron though.

It's 8113140C 0000. You will probably want to use an activator to be safe. I can't think of any good activators off hand, but I'd imagine toggling it on, while in a match is good enough. It might affect other stages though.
D00A4AD0 0016
8113140C 0000

If that code has side effects on other stages, let me know. I'm surprised you had to add an activator for character select menu. I wonder why my suggestion worked in emulator and not the console.

Fudgment

Smash Cadet
You're welcome. I don't have any codes to enlarge specific characters, unfortunately. I do know the code for disabling pokemon in saffron though.

It's 8113140C 0000. You will probably want to use an activator to be safe. I can't think of any good activators off hand, but I'd imagine toggling it on, while in a match is good enough. It might affect other stages though.
D00A4AD0 0016
8113140C 0000

If that code has side effects on other stages, let me know. I'm surprised you had to add an activator for character select menu. I wonder why my suggestion worked in emulator and not the console.
Yeah, the game shark isn't exactly a clean machine. Running things on an emulator is just so much cleaner. Not to mention idiosyncratic hardware issues or limitations. Sometimes things just don't work like they should. For instances, I can't run multiple hacked characters or multiple hacked stages at once. It just overwhelms the thing.

That code works almost perfectly, best I've found at least. A Pokemon will always come out at the very beginning. The door will open at the start of the match, probably set to do that normally. After the initial Pokemon appearance, the door never opens again.

DistantThunder

Smash Rookie
Hey Madao, do you by any chance have the rest of the Auto Cancel addresses for the other characters' attacks? (i'm currently tinkering around with making codes for them but i'm missing the others). If so, can you post them? sorry if it's any trouble.

Thanks!

Madao

Hey Madao, do you by any chance have the rest of the Auto Cancel addresses for the other characters' attacks? (i'm currently tinkering around with making codes for them but i'm missing the others). If so, can you post them? sorry if it's any trouble.

Thanks!
I do not at the moment. Which attacks do you need?
Yeah, the game shark isn't exactly a clean machine. Running things on an emulator is just so much cleaner. Not to mention idiosyncratic hardware issues or limitations. Sometimes things just don't work like they should. For instances, I can't run multiple hacked characters or multiple hacked stages at once. It just overwhelms the thing.

That code works almost perfectly, best I've found at least. A Pokemon will always come out at the very beginning. The door will open at the start of the match, probably set to do that normally. After the initial Pokemon appearance, the door never opens again.
Dang I didn't know the physical GS was that limited.

DistantThunder

Smash Rookie
I do not at the moment. Which attacks do you need?
Well i was hoping to fill in the rest of Special Attacks for the other characters that aren't listed (like the other frames of mario's jump punch, fireball, and tornado, or pikachus quick attack and his moves- ect) but i dont want to be asking too much though. However if you do intend on doing it, that'd be awesome!

By the way, i did some finding myself, and i came across a code in a youtube video along the name of "Ultimate Luigi Cancel" that contain most of Luigi's auto cancel stuff which included the address of the Taunting, canceling out of certain launched states, and his other special attacks (this was the only one like this i got, rip) i had to break down to code to find out each

(All Characters)

Cancelling Taunt
81129CA4 8013
81129CA6 E070

Cancelling out of Flailing Launched state
81129218 8013
8112921A F660

Cancelling out of another kind of Launched state (not spinning or flailing; idk what to call it)
811291DC 8013
811291DE E070

(Luigi's Special Moves)

Cancel Super Jump Punch (from the ground)
8112A564 8013
8112A566 E070

Cancel Super Jump Punch (in Midair)
8112A578 8013
8112A57A F660

Cancel Luigi Tornado (From the ground)
8112A588 8013
8112A58A E070

Cancel Luigi Tornado (in Midair)
8112A59C 8013
8112A59E F660

there was also some other codes in that one that aren't here, but i couldn't really tell what they affected :/

Madao

I can try adding a few codes every now and then. I try to do too many things and end up never finishing a lot of the things I wanted to do, so requests don't always get fulfilled. I also want to add activator codes so that these can be safely used on console.

Something I've been working on lately is figuring out how to strip stage background.
Here's a simplified code with minor side effects
Code:
D1262FB6 0001
81262FB6 0000
D12646B6 0001
812646B6 0000
D1264DA6 0001
81264DA6 0000
D1265D9C 1C00
81265D9C 0000
D1265DBE 0001
81265DBE 0000
D1265F3C 1C00
81265F3C 0000
D1265F5E 0001
81265F5E 0000
D126625C 1C00
8126625C 0000
D126627E 0001
8126627E 0000
It looks buggy with HLE video plugins, but looks mostly proper in LLE plugins. I could improve the code by making it longer, but I think a ROM hack is more suitable for this. Since it definitely uses less CPU/GPU on emulator, I assume the same would be true for the console. Would be nice, if someone could confirm whether this makes a significant difference on console.

Here's what it looks like with z64gl.

FrayedAdversity

Smash Rookie

D00A4AD0 0018
800A4D2B 0001

800A4D2B = player 1
800A4D9F = player 2
800A4E13 = player 3
800A4E87 = player 4

I made an activator code to fix the results screen crash a long time ago but I guess I never posted it anywhere.
XX = character to use in game
YY = character to use in menus

P1:
D01317F7 0001
800A4D2B 00XX
D01317F7 0000
800A4D2B 00YY

I only did it for p1 but you can just swap in the character modifier codes for other players while using the same activator. Also, good to see you're still active, Madao :)

Last edited:

MaximusSmash64

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! Really thankful for everything that's been posted here; it's been helping me out a lot.

I've created a "universal stage select" code using several codes gathered from here, arranged in such a way that every non-character-specific stage is playable in V.S. mode without having to turn on/off the code. Just select the normal, usually-available stages using A; select the not-usually-available stages by holding Start instead of A; access Final Destination by holding Z+A on any stage.

[collapse=Alternate Stage Select Code]
D109EFA4 1000
D00A4D09 0003
800A4D09 000D
D109EFA4 1000
D00A4D09 0007
800A4D09 000E
D109EFA4 1000
D00A4D09 0006
800A4D09 0009
D109EFA4 1000
D00A4D09 0005
800A4D09 000C
D109EFA4 1000
D00A4D09 0008
800A4D09 000B
D109EFA4 1000
D00A4D09 0001
800A4D09 000A
D109EFA4 1000
D00A4D09 0004
800A4D09 000F
D109EFA4 2000
800A4D09 0010
D109EFA4 2000
D0991133 0018
D109EFA4 2000
80991133 0019
D109EFA4 2000
D00A4D09 0010
D109EFA4 2000
81104C14 2002
D109EFA4 2000
D00A4D09 0010
D109EFA4 2000
81104C16 000E

Here's normal stage select, followed by a 'map' of where the normal stages will take you using the alternate stage select:
Normal:

Alternate:

[/collapse]

Now I have a request, and I'm sorry to ask more of you guys, but I could really use the help. Could anyone give me a code that would allow me to edit the respawn platform locations for Dreamland beta 1 and 2? DL beta 2 has a tendency to respawn you out of bounds (and sometimes freeze the game entirely), and DL beta 1 just freezes the game when trying to respawn. I want to see if I can fix those stages by editing the respawn platform locations so that you can play stock matches with more than one stock safely.

I'll add that to this code and give you guys the updated version then. Thanks again, and I hope you guys (especially the console players) enjoy this!
Anyone tried this on console w/o Everdrive 64? Or another cheat? Need a Special ROM?
Looks like on console there is a limited imput of codes

Last edited:

MaximusSmash64

Smash Rookie
D109EFA4 1000
D00A4D09 0007
I made an activator code to fix the results screen crash a long time ago but I guess I never posted it anywhere.
XX = character to use in game
YY = character to use in menus

P1:
D01317F7 0001
800A4D2B 00XX
D01317F7 0000
800A4D2B 00YY

I only did it for p1 but you can just swap in the character modifier codes for other players while using the same activator. Also, good to see you're still active, Madao :)
Got another rom which looks like allow gameshark on my Everdrive 64, tried your code, however, if i fight against 2 or 3 CPU the modifier is screwed, and i become into the character ment to be on afterbattle results.
Update: There is no more an issue, modifier working well, furthermore i added a handicap code, ( after the first conditional code)which makes metal mario as hard on 1P game ( not flinched easily)
800A4D29 0022
This code works with any P1 character, used on metal mario to feel its majestuosity.

UPDATE: If you are on console/Everdrive 64 much people like me wondered why cheat codes just dont work at all as it is on Pj64 or emulators like that. even using same rom
1) It does need a Special ROM, wich is called "Super Smash Bros. (U) [f4] (GameShark)" so you put just the codes you want
2) Really on gameshark it is needed a "Master Code", it needs to be present by default in order the rest need to work
You must insert the following codes before anything else:
F10396B0 2400
DE000400 0000

I cite this pages to difund knoledge and save time, which helped me to solve this out.
https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=2854.0
https://gamehacking.org/?game=20910&simple=true

Im still testing, since I noticed testing codes made this Patched ROM act weird (all players became extremely weak) even if i disable all gameshark stuff, I had to erase the savefile

Last edited:

MaximusSmash64

Smash Rookie
I want to try a Character modifier based on a character i chose, in this case Metal Mario when i select Mario:
An idea of the code is this, it worked well on PJ 64:
D00A4D2B 0000 : Checks if P1 = Mario
800A4D2B 000D : Changes P1 ->Metal mario
D00A4D2B 000D : Checks if P1 = Metal Mario
800A4D29 0022 : Changes P1 Handicap to 33
D00A4AD0 0018: Checks if Screen is After battle Results (similar thing makes D01317F7 0000)
D00A4D2B 000D : Checks if P1 = Metal Mario will be showed on Results (Will Crash!)
800A4D2B 0000 : Changes Metal Mario = Mario (And will be showed on screen Results)

D00A4AD0 0010 : Checks if Game is on Player selection menu
800A4D29 0009 : Changes P1 Handicap back to 9

With this code you can play any character normally, just when you select Mario, it will be converted to Metal, aplying the hardest handicap as P1 Mode
However on console (Everdrive64) It gives some issues when i add the code to check screen results, making metal mario appear everytime

UPDATE: After more testings i conclude that i cant put 2 conditionals before one action so what it is in PURPLE wont work properly. Also Buttons activators looks to work, but makes controllers act weird like pressing repeadtely Start, A, B. making impossible to play.

Last edited:

DistantThunder

Smash Rookie
Btw Madao, i forgot to mention (probably should've said this a while ago lol); if you don't think you'll be getting the states for the cancel codes can you explain how exactly you find the addresses/how to make them? I tried looking into ways that might help me understand how to do it myself but i still don't really know how you're supposed to find the addresses for which moves & convert. Any explanation for this would be a huge help!

Also, is there any way for the code of "Ultra Powder B" to be replicated in the form of any emulator (and maybe any stage? i'm not sure how even that code works with just pj641.7) if not, is there a code to separate shielding with the R button so it doesn't interrupt grabs?

Madao

Btw Madao, i forgot to mention (probably should've said this a while ago lol); if you don't think you'll be getting the states for the cancel codes can you explain how exactly you find the addresses/how to make them? I tried looking into ways that might help me understand how to do it myself but i still don't really know how you're supposed to find the addresses for which moves & convert. Any explanation for this would be a huge help!

Also, is there any way for the code of "Ultra Powder B" to be replicated in the form of any emulator (and maybe any stage? i'm not sure how even that code works with just pj641.7) if not, is there a code to separate shielding with the R button so it doesn't interrupt grabs?
Yea, i am pretty busy these days now. In my cheat engine table, i have a few addresses for player states. Player states are basically function pointers, so it jumps to whatever function that the state is currently set to. For instance while walking, the player state will be set to the walking one. I believe each action has its own variable, so what you do is set a memory write breakpoint on the player 1 player state and then do the action you want to edit. Once you do the action you can find the exact address of the player state for that action, then you can edit that address.

UPDATE: After more testings i conclude that i cant put 2 conditionals before one action so what it is in PURPLE wont work properly. Also Buttons activators looks to work, but makes controllers act weird like pressing repeadtely Start, A, B. making impossible to play.
Yes, I don't think using 2 conditionals work on console. I haven't heard any issues about the controller activator. Sounds odd.

Sorry I somehow missed this part. Do you still need help with this

DistantThunder

Smash Rookie
Yea, i am pretty busy these days now. In my cheat engine table, i have a few addresses for player states. Player states are basically function pointers, so it jumps to whatever function that the state is currently set to. For instance while walking, the player state will be set to the walking one. I believe each action has its own variable, so what you do is set a memory write breakpoint on the player 1 player state and then do the action you want to edit. Once you do the action you can find the exact address of the player state for that action, then you can edit that address
Thanks for the answer, but I'm still kinda confused. How/where exactly do you set a memory breakpoint on a state? sorry if its a stupid question but this part left me clueless, unless i might be using the wrong memory editor (currently on Nemu's with the Cheat Engine Table) or i'm not understanding correctly

just to clarify, When you say do the action, you mean just do it ingame right? if so, afterward should Auto Cancel address itself pop up as the exact one?

And lastly, I'm trying to edit mario's ground/air tornado move but idk if i'm getting the right state. the address in the #1 spot is just left with "00000000" in the table while the 2 other slots are filled but have differing addresses. How do you pinpoint the right one for the move?

Madao

How/where exactly do you set a memory breakpoint on a state?
And lastly, I'm trying to edit mario's ground/air tornado move but idk if i'm getting the right state.
ok in Nemu, click on plugins, then "Debugger : Memory". Right now I'm in dreamland with Mario in VS mode and the address for Player State #1 is 1028878C. What you do is take that number and add 0x6FFE0000, which = 8026878C. So you set a memory write breakpoint on that address while standing, and then do ground tornado. When the breakpoint hit, the debugger paused the game at address 800E7A44. If you look at the instruction at 800E7A40, it's LW, which is a load instruction. So that LW loads the new player state, from the memory address that you're going to want to modify. In the case of ground tornado, the address is 80129FB0 for the first few frames, then 80129F9C for the remaining frames.

I tried aerial and it's 80129FB0 .So im guessing when you do ground tornado, since it puts you in the air, the first few frames are the aerial version. We know that 00000000 is the wait state, so you will probably want to swap that value with the standing state for ground tornado, and aerial state for aerial tornado.

Basically you set the 4 byte value at 80129F9C to 8013E070, and set the 4 byte value at 80129FB0 to 8013F660

Even though I basically gave you the address for ground tornado, i recommend that you try debugging the tornado attack so that you can understand how to find the remaining ones. Basically you hover the mouse over the LW instruction to see the address, after a breakpoint is triggered.

To be honest, i forgot what player state #2 and #3 are for.

MaximusSmash64

Smash Rookie
Yea, i am pretty busy these days now. In my cheat engine table, i have a few addresses for player states. Player states are basically function pointers, so it jumps to whatever function that the state is currently set to. For instance while walking, the player state will be set to the walking one. I believe each action has its own variable, so what you do is set a memory write breakpoint on the player 1 player state and then do the action you want to edit. Once you do the action you can find the exact address of the player state for that action, then you can edit that address.

Yes, I don't think using 2 conditionals work on console. I haven't heard any issues about the controller activator. Sounds odd.

Sorry I somehow missed this part. Do you still need help with this
Glad to know from you, after so long time! my code would be perfect if I could make work two conditionals for one action, wonder if there is a way to merge my two conditionals in one code? Like when you set two or more buttons pressed for activator.

Fudgment

Smash Cadet
I can try adding a few codes every now and then. I try to do too many things and end up never finishing a lot of the things I wanted to do, so requests don't always get fulfilled. I also want to add activator codes so that these can be safely used on console.

Something I've been working on lately is figuring out how to strip stage background.
Here's a simplified code with minor side effects
Code:
D1262FB6 0001
81262FB6 0000
D12646B6 0001
812646B6 0000
D1264DA6 0001
81264DA6 0000
D1265D9C 1C00
81265D9C 0000
D1265DBE 0001
81265DBE 0000
D1265F3C 1C00
81265F3C 0000
D1265F5E 0001
81265F5E 0000
D126625C 1C00
8126625C 0000
D126627E 0001
8126627E 0000
It looks buggy with HLE video plugins, but looks mostly proper in LLE plugins. I could improve the code by making it longer, but I think a ROM hack is more suitable for this. Since it definitely uses less CPU/GPU on emulator, I assume the same would be true for the console. Would be nice, if someone could confirm whether this makes a significant difference on console.

Here's what it looks like with z64gl.

Hey I could test out if you're still looking.

Anyways, remember I sent this code?

D009EFA5 000C
800A4D2B 000D
D00A4D2B 000D
81000438 0100
D009EFA5 0003
800A4D2B 001A
D00A4D2B 001A
81000438 0200
D009EFA5 0000
80000439 0001
D1000438 0101
800A4D2B 0000
D1000438 0201
800A4D2B 0002
D01317CC 0000
81000438 0000
D00A4D0A 0000
800A4D2E 0000

I just need a touch more help. Well turns out it works perfect (I just got an everdrive). I cannot tell how the code works, but what happens is this. You must hold down both buttons c left and c right before selecting a stage to get Giant DK. Then after the battle your character is changed to DK (or Mario in the case of Metal Mario). If you just play with another character, nothing happens, you stick with that character. A quirk I noticed is if you just tap c left and c right, you become regular mario or DK respectively (regardless of character selected).

What I'm trying to figure out is to change the inputs. I would rather hold Z or R, which make stage select less annoying. However, the inputs are different from the ones you show. I'm not sure how to change them. Does it make sense to you?

Clearly this:
D009EFA5 000C
800A4D2B 000D

Is saying if this, you are Metal Mario. However, the activator ends with a 5 instead of a 4 and 000c is not the sum of c up and c down.

Can you understand this code?

Top Bottom