• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gameshark Code Collection

RPGgrenade

Smash Apprentice
I have a request of my own. Though honestly at this point I'd love to learn how to make gameshark codes of my own accord (like how to convert the player states into autocancel codes, I feel like a newb for not understanding the logic behind the conversion).

But I'd like to request a code for speeding up the animations for Link's and Samus' grabs. Similar to how it was done for the Boomerang throw animation. If it's too difficult I'd at least like to understand why =)

(I just started learning this stuff yesterday so I'm a little slow to understand the concepts as of yet)

Madao

I have a request of my own. Though honestly at this point I'd love to learn how to make gameshark codes of my own accord (like how to convert the player states into autocancel codes, I feel like a newb for not understanding the logic behind the conversion).

But I'd like to request a code for speeding up the animations for Link's and Samus' grabs. Similar to how it was done for the Boomerang throw animation. If it's too difficult I'd at least like to understand why =)

(I just started learning this stuff yesterday so I'm a little slow to understand the concepts as of yet)
To be honest, I do not fully understand how it works. To my knowledge, player states are basically function pointers. Basically it's the address that points to the relevant function. So you have to look at the addresses during certain events. I'll have to review it, in order to give a better explanation.

As for animation speed multiplier, most of them are universal, meaning they affect every character. B moves are player specific, so that's why I was able to do boomerang and bomb. I'm not sure about grabs, I can try to see if those are player specific. Really though, a better approach would be to just edit the animation data itself, but I really have no clue how it works or even where to find it. I only found the speed multiplier thanks to @Danny_SsB . He had the mutiplier for Ness's UP B landing, i used that code to track down speed multipliers.

Madao Madao is there a reason why your gui for nvpktool uses the level 3 compression instead of just 2 which is way faster?
I do not know good settings for getting the size to be less than or equal to the original compressed file, so I use 3 which automatically seems to pick good settings. But maybe getting the size that small isn't too important.

RPGgrenade

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, I do not fully understand how it works. To my knowledge, player states are basically function pointers. Basically it's the address that points to the relevant function. So you have to look at the addresses during certain events. I'll have to review it, in order to give a better explanation.

As for animation speed multiplier, most of them are universal, meaning they affect every character. B moves are player specific, so that's why I was able to do boomerang and bomb. I'm not sure about grabs, I can try to see if those are player specific. Really though, a better approach would be to just edit the animation data itself, but I really have no clue how it works or even where to find it. I only found the speed multiplier thanks to @Danny_SsB . He had the mutiplier for Ness's UP B landing, i used that code to track down speed multipliers.
I see. Well I'd be ok with a universal grab speed animation multiplier as well. As I don't believe it'd affect TOO too much overall as most grabs in the game are extremely quick (except maybe three).

If that's the case for B moves is it possible to accelerate the charging and/or release of DK's Super Punch? I just wish I knew how these codes were gotten since it's not really obvious and it's pretty confusing finding a single one.

Madao

Why is everything @Danny_SsB did secret?
Good question :) . He might post on a different site, I'm not sure. You could try conracting him. I'm sure he'd be willing to share information with you. I may try contacting him soon.
and 2 has been smaller for me in most cases.
That's interesting. I'll have to go back and do more testing then.
I see. Well I'd be ok with a universal grab speed animation multiplier as well. As I don't believe it'd affect TOO too much overall as most grabs in the game are extremely quick (except maybe three).

If that's the case for B moves is it possible to accelerate the charging and/or release of DK's Super Punch? I just wish I knew how these codes were gotten since it's not really obvious and it's pretty confusing finding a single one.
Ok, I will see about finding the grab multiplier speed for you. Same with DK's charge.

It certainly isn't easy to find these sort of things. Quite a few of the hard to find codes I've made, are partially thanks to the contributions of others. I basically picked up from where other people left off, for quite a few of my unique codes. So even I wouldn't have been able to find certain things entirely on my own. Auto cancel / player states is one example. I just looked at existing codes and tried to understand the behavior. I got basically got started with this tutorial http://orbitaldecay.com/N64/index.html . Once I learned how to use Nemu64 and cheat engine and learned MIPS assembly, I started off by finding easy things like shield, health, player coordinates, etc. Then I set breakpoints to find things related to what I already found. I also studied gameshark codes, to understand what they do and expand on some of them. It takes time to figure out a lot of this. Just do things 1 step at a time. First, learn how to use Nemu64 and cheat engine.

I'll see about collecting more information to make the learning process easier for people. As well as making it easier to expand upon current gameshark codes.

Edit: FrayedAdversity gave me the code for DonkeyKong's charge speed multiplier.
Here's the code for 1.5x speed
8015B2B3 00C0
8015B2FF 00C0
8015B343 00C0
8015B37F 00C0

If you want to use this on console, let me know because it might need activator codes to prevent possible bugs.

Last edited:

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Why is everything @Danny_SsB did secret?

and 2 has been smaller for me in most cases.
Danny actually wanted to merge my project (with Madao and fray, two great modders) with him and his team. He is the one that actually found out how to activate polygons B-Moves if I'm not mistaken, and he also said (last time I checked up with him) he is creating Ganondorf off polygon falcon, complete with jab 1 electric and all that. He also has some old vids of him modding Mario's forward air into a spike

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Danny actually wanted to merge my project (with Madao and fray, two great modders) with him and his team. He is the one that actually found out how to activate polygons B-Moves if I'm not mistaken, and he also said (last time I checked up with him) he is creating Ganondorf off polygon falcon, complete with jab 1 electric and all that. He also has some old vids of him modding Mario's forward air into a spike
Who is his team? Are they still active? Can I get in touch with them? If it's possible to get the special moves going with polygons I will do it.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Who is his team? Are they still active? Can I get in touch with them? If it's possible to get the special moves going with polygons I will do it.
He never mentioned who was in his team, but I assume it was 2 other people. And I'm sure they are still active, tricky thing with Danny tho is he is rarely on smashboards unless some one needs him, like when I needed help he was 100% active, with replies every day, but since I stopped I haven't seen him in a while. Also he mentioned that the polygon B moves (and grabs ) where activated while the normal character was in the match as well (for example, polygon mario and mario in the same match) he did state he was going to find a way to get around this tho. If you want I'll try to contact him from my old thread, he probably has that one on watch.

nanakyou

Smash Rookie
Hey! Your CT file is very useful.
I understand that random seed is 0x3B940 about (U). But Is this related to only wind's time? Do you know where is related character's and stage's random? I think if something value will be freeze by cheat, we can do random character and stage without synchro miss or decrease synchro miss.

Madao

When was the last time you talked to Danny?
I understand that random seed is 0x3B940 about (U). But Is this related to only wind's time? Do you know where is related character's and stage's random? I think if something value will be freeze by cheat, we can do random character and stage without synchro miss or decrease synchro miss.
I am not sure what is used to generate the random stages and characters. I can try and figure it out.

However, the best way to prevent desync is to use an emulator suited for netplay. Random stages and characters should work in Mupen64++ with netplay. If for some reason you really want to use Project64k, I can try to come up with a hack to reduce desynchronization.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
When was the last time you talked to Danny?
I am not sure what is used to generate the random stages and characters. I can try and figure it out.

However, the best way to prevent desync is to use an emulator suited for netplay. Random stages and characters should work in Mupen64++ with netplay. If for some reason you really want to use Project64k, I can try to come up with a hack to reduce desynchronization.
Months ago, don't remember when

russmarrs2

Smash Rookie
Last edited:

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Does anybody have any idea how fox324roja was able to modify the model files and textures of the characters?
As seen here: https://youtu.be/Ty_38jekYiw and on his thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb-n64-mod-revolution-updated-10-oct.416004/
Do we know of any specific tools or file converters available that allowed him to modify these files? Because this is incredible. I sent him a message asking about it, but unfortunately I don't think he's active anymore.
Just a heads up on this, me & SoundBlitz are gonna be working on this some. Long-term, we're gonna aim for some editors (ideally level, model & animation, but that's pretty long-term thinking). I think eventually we'll have a thread on .blank to cover our progress, but for now we only have one here.

Already been looking into the data and finding some model information (thanks Vexiant for the RAM to ROM guide!). Here's a pic of me rendering the 3 platforms from the Hyrule Castle.

EDIT: I try to avoid hype, this is still a long ways from anything remotely use-able, but this has me pretty excited at the moment.
Tool are in the works (click the first link).

mib_f8sm9c

Smash Rookie
Further elaboration on this, while I have a sec: I think a texture editor will be fairly feasable within a week or two, model manipulation will be probs months off.

russmarrs2

Smash Rookie
Tool are in the works (click the first link).
Thanks for linking me to this. I actually ended up finding that thread the same day I put that post :)

Further elaboration on this, while I have a sec: I think a texture editor will be fairly feasable within a week or two, model manipulation will be probs months off.
Glad to hear that about the textures! I figured the model manipulation might take a couple months to complete, but it's still really exciting. Great work!

Last edited:

RPGgrenade

Smash Apprentice
Good question :) . He might post on a different site, I'm not sure. You could try conracting him. I'm sure he'd be willing to share information with you. I may try contacting him soon.
That's interesting. I'll have to go back and do more testing then.
Ok, I will see about finding the grab multiplier speed for you. Same with DK's charge.

It certainly isn't easy to find these sort of things. Quite a few of the hard to find codes I've made, are partially thanks to the contributions of others. I basically picked up from where other people left off, for quite a few of my unique codes. So even I wouldn't have been able to find certain things entirely on my own. Auto cancel / player states is one example. I just looked at existing codes and tried to understand the behavior. I got basically got started with this tutorial http://orbitaldecay.com/N64/index.html . Once I learned how to use Nemu64 and cheat engine and learned MIPS assembly, I started off by finding easy things like shield, health, player coordinates, etc. Then I set breakpoints to find things related to what I already found. I also studied gameshark codes, to understand what they do and expand on some of them. It takes time to figure out a lot of this. Just do things 1 step at a time. First, learn how to use Nemu64 and cheat engine.

I'll see about collecting more information to make the learning process easier for people. As well as making it easier to expand upon current gameshark codes.

Edit: FrayedAdversity gave me the code for DonkeyKong's charge speed multiplier.
Here's the code for 1.5x speed
8015B2B3 00C0
8015B2FF 00C0
8015B343 00C0
8015B37F 00C0

If you want to use this on console, let me know because it might need activator codes to prevent possible bugs.
Thanks so much for the code. I'm just trying my best to make a more balanced 64 where low tiers get buffed on some simple things so they have a better shot, while giving universal buffs to compensate, so that non-64 players and 64 players could enjoy the game. Because I know many non-64 players who don't like the game for some reasons like hitstun and such.

bdeink

Smash Rookie
NNID
bdeink
3DS FC
3179-6082-2990
Do anyone know the quick match mode code? It's the one that starts up the game on the character select screen with the standard ruleset (5 stocks, items off) activated.

bdeink

Smash Rookie
NNID
bdeink
3DS FC
3179-6082-2990
Do anyone know the quick match mode code? It's the one that starts up the game on the character select screen with the standard ruleset (5 stocks, items off) activated.

bdeink

Smash Rookie
NNID
bdeink
3DS FC
3179-6082-2990

EDIT: I'm sorry, I have no idea how my question got here three times.

Last edited:

RPGgrenade

Smash Apprentice
I've been testing some things with different characters and asking around with people who use more low tiers overall to know what they'd like to have cheats for.
Overall the things are speeds of some particular animations.
The animations I'd like sped up (in the same way things like Link's Boomerang and DK's Charge Punch are sped up, so about +50% in speed) would be:
  1. Ness' PK fire and PK Magnet. (startup and end-lag)
  2. JigglyPuff's Sing (NOT rest)
  3. Link's and Samus' Grabs (both going out and coming back)
  4. Luigi's Fireball toss(if possible not Mario's, but I understand if it has the adverse effect of doing that)

Extras for curiosity and to see if they can work.:
  1. Samus Charging in the air cheat would be interesting
  2. DK using Down-Special in the air cheat as well.
You don't have to do these if you don't want to =) It's just some cheats I'd like for balancing purposes and to increase possible comptetitive movesets with low tier characters.

Last edited:

tehz

Smash Apprentice
Hi nanakyou! Your stuff is amazing!

I know a few things about the random stage selection. (All Addresses are for NTSC-U)

Here is where the RNG is called to generate the random stage:
Code:
80133BD4 0C 00 62 8C JAL 0x80018A30
80133BD8 24 04 00 09 ADDIU A0, R0, 0x0009
(I don't remember if 0x80133BD4 is that only after selecting the stage, or if it's on the stage select screen as well). There is more info on the Select Select Screen random button here.

So, 0x80018A30 is the RNG routine. It takes an integer "n" in A0, and returns 0 to n-1 in v0. I'm pretty sure that the 0x80018A30 routine is universal function for RNG, but you will want to verify that for yourself.

To skip the RNG call, you could replace the code with (eg):
Code:
80133BD4 NOP
80133BD8 ORI V0, R0, 0x0006
That should make the "Random" button on the just go to dreamland. Good luck turning it into a Gameshark code for PJ64k 1.3, though.

To find stuff for the character random, just set a break point at 0x80018A30, choose a random character, and see what address is in RA when the code execution breaks.

If you do not understand, please tell me. I can explain more

Last edited:

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Hi nanakyou! Your stuff is amazing!

I know a few things about the random stage selection. (All Addresses are for NTSC-U)

Here is where the RNG is called to generate the random stage:
Code:
80133BD4 0C 00 62 8C JAL 0x80018A30
80133BD8 24 04 00 09 ADDIU A0, R0, 0x0009
(I don't remember if 0x80133BD4 is that only after selecting the stage, or if it's on the stage select screen as well). There is more info on the Select Select Screen random button here.

So, 0x80018A30 is the RNG routine. It takes an integer "n" in A0, and returns 0 to n-1 in v0. I'm pretty sure that the 0x80018A30 routine is universal function for RNG, but you will want to verify that for yourself.

To skip the RNG call, you could replace the code with (eg):
Code:
80133BD4 NOP
80133BD8 ORI V0, R0, 0x0006
That should make the "Random" button on the just go to dreamland. Good luck turning it into a Gameshark code for PJ64k 1.3, though.

To find stuff for the character random, just set a break point at 0x80018A30, choose a random character, and see what address is in RA when the code execution breaks.

If you do not understand, please tell me. I can explain more
I was going to shut this down because I had tried to do this before way back with no avail. Fortunately, I made the mistake of writing E4 at the end instead of D4. Frustrating to say the least

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Captain Falcon Knee On Dreamland Vs. Mode

I didn't make this or test it but figured someone might get a kick (or knee!) out of this.

Code:
81121D3E 0655
81121D42 1634
81121D32 0667
81121D36 16A4
81121D44 8000
81121CD4 0000
81121CD6 17D4

RPGgrenade

Smash Apprentice

I didn't make this or test it but figured someone might get a kick (or knee!) out of this.

Code:
81121D3E 0655
81121D42 1634
81121D32 0667
81121D36 16A4
81121D44 8000
81121CD4 0000
81121CD6 17D4
Tested it out myself.... I think the On Dreamland part is misleading, as it seemed to work for me on all stages I've tested so far. which is all that are generally available at the vs stage select. It works amazingly! If that's the case is it possible to make Ness' PK Magnet have it's own hitbox, like a weaker shine? :D

Small bug, though..... it seems to have turned his D-tilt into basically Ness' D-tilt... it come out insanel fast with basically no IASA frames.

Last edited:

RPGgrenade

Smash Apprentice
I'm curious. Has anyone made a code related to air-dodging like in Melee? It'd be interesting to see it done, but i have no clue how it'd be done. And I'm still a noob at this and still trying to figure out how to make codes in the first place so I can't make it myself yet.

Nick Mang

Smash Rookie

Code:
81121D3E 0655
81121D42 1634
81121D32 0667
81121D36 16A4
81121D44 8000
81121CD4 0000
81121CD6 17D4
What is the source on this? I'm looking at hitbox data trying to figure out how this works, and I realized the last two lines make d-tilt really really fast.

Nick Mang

Smash Rookie
There is no source, their's a gameshark code I pulled from a video I saw way back
Well damn. By the way, I know you do a lot of work on editing ROM data, do you know where all the moveset data is located in the decomplied files?

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Well damn. By the way, I know you do a lot of work on editing ROM data, do you know where all the moveset data is located in the decomplied files?
You really need hex editor neo to find character files. essentially you find the moveset data as described by Madao a few pages back and then use the "find in files" feature. I wanna say it's like a $50 tool but it's worth it. I get a lot out of it and was reimburse by donations anyway lol

Nick Mang

Smash Rookie
You really need hex editor neo to find character files. essentially you find the moveset data as described by Madao a few pages back and then use the "find in files" feature. I wanna say it's like a $50 tool but it's worth it. I get a lot out of it and was reimburse by donations anyway lol
Haha damn, what a shame. Just wanted to modify fox for fun but dang that's a little too steep. :(

RPGgrenade

Smash Apprentice
Yes this is real :) . It's incomplete though, so it doesn't support projectile hitboxes, as well as certain properties. I think the picture explains a lot. Basically, columns D - H (those numbers betwen DS (loop) and Hitbox) represent the in-game hex data for the attacks. So each Hitbox has 20 bytes of hex data as you can see. The picture illustrates that inputing the same properties, generate the exact same output that the game does, so you can use this tool to make your own hitboxes. Keep in mind that since the program isn't complete, some of the other commands could possibly not be perfectly implemented.

Columns N - AF in the picture, show the results of the hex data. Kbs = Knockback Scaling, Fkb = Fixed Knockback, SD = Shield damage bonus, SLV = sound level, and Bkb = Base Knockback. For more information on it, you can read the text file.

The best way you could help is by just documenting information. I think I may document more stuff in the near future.
is there anywhere we can download this to test it out? I would REALLY like to test it out personally :D

Uair

Banned via Warnings

EDIT: I'm sorry, I have no idea how my question got here three times.
800A4D0F 0004
800A4D0B 0002
800A4D11 0001
800A4D24 0000
800A4AD0 0010
800A4D0B 0002
800A4D24 0000

Madao

is there anywhere we can download this to test it out? I would REALLY like to test it out personally :D
I thought i posted it before, but maybe not? Anyway, here's the link.

As for the Nemu64 issue you mentioned in the other thread, I'm guessing it's due to Win 10.

RPGgrenade

Smash Apprentice
I thought i posted it before, but maybe not? Anyway, here's the link.

As for the Nemu64 issue you mentioned in the other thread, I'm guessing it's due to Win 10.
thanks man. And from what I understand this can be used to make GS codes if we use the numbers given to us as the values for certain hitboxes, correct?

The only thing I don't quite get are the ID's.

Last edited:

Nick Mang

Smash Rookie
thanks man. And from what I understand this can be used to make GS codes if we use the numbers given to us as the values for certain hitboxes, correct?

The only thing I don't quite get are the ID's.
AFAIK, IDs work similar to melee in terms of priority. If a move has two hitboxes that both hit, then the lower ID hitbox is taken with priority. I'd also recommend this thread http://smashboards.com/threads/moveset-data-thread-chart-updated-dec-04-12.329221/ for move set needs. The values in the datasheet are the same ones in the ROM. I can also post where the bin files are located in ROM for each character if you'd like.

Top Bottom