• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GamEscape, Marshfield WI, Apr 21st

element_of_fire

Smash Lord
GamEscape <--- link
Sat, April 21st
11:00 a.m. - DONE

123 west upham st
marshfield, WI 54449

$10 Singles
$10 Teams ($5 per person)
+ $5 for the venue!!
so entering all the events will run you $20
GamEscape website now has Online registration!

FREE PIZZA!!!!!
Awesome imported Japanese snacks!!!

Respect this venue!! Make sure all trash goes to a trash can, no messes on the floor at all!! Also watch your volume and language, this is a place of business!1

The venue is a tad short on space tho... so hanging around outside and keeping the place clear of bodies as much as possible would be great as well!!!

SHOWER BEFORE YOU GET HERE!!! YOU GUYS ARE ALL ADULTS!!! I should NOT have to carry a can of smelly crap because some people are lazy/just dont' care for their hygiene!!!! Think of it like you're goin' out to pick up chicks(ha) girls don't like guys who REEK of B.O. Be kind to your fellow gamers (and the ladies)!!

SINGLES RULES
Double Elimination w/ round robin seeding!
best of 3 until finals. Winner's finals, loser's finals, and the finals are all best of 5.
4 stock, 8 minute time limit
Neutrals: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland64, PokeStadium,
Stages banned: Hyrule Temple, Yoshi's Island, Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Termina, Flatzone, Icicle Mountain, Venom, MKI, and Yoshi's Island 64.
Advanced slob picks
Double Blind pick may be called at any time
Ties broken by stock/percentages
No items

DOUBLES RULES
Double Elimination
Matches are best of 3 until finals. Winner's finals, loser's finals, and the finals are all best of 5.
4 stock, 8 minute time limit
Neutrals: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland64, PokeStadium
Stages banned: Hyrule Temple, Yoshi's Island, Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Termina, Flatzone, Icicle Mountain, Venom, MKI,, and Yoshi's Island 64.
Advanced slob picks
Double Blind pick may be called at any time
Ties broken by stock/percentages
No items
Team Attack ON
Life Stealing Allowed

WI/MN CREWS:

I'm sad I missed the crews @ the Stevens Point tourney!! I wish somebody had reminded me, then EoW and I would have stayed!! Oh well, at GamEscape we can hava another....

-40 stock 10vs10 extraveganza

Other Rules & Special Issues

-No stage may be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series, unless both player agree on it.
-Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned, not that anyone uses them.
-Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.
- Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.
-bring your own controller

-oh and uh... grabing is banned >_> (just kidding) ... (but no seriously it is) <_<

Setups NOT required!!! we have 10 big LCD tv's to play on + a nice non-lag projector to play on! we wil need cubes, cards, and games tho!

Quaz

Smash Master
**** IT WI STOP HOLDING TOURNEYS TOO FAR AWAY FROM ME I HATE YOU ALL IM GONNA GO EMO AND CUT MYSELF AAAHHH!!!

...ok seriously... EOF I wanna play you again someday so I can beat you.. but it wont be here sadly =(

James Sparrow

Smash Master
i wanna go... this is so soon. would be another decently long trip for mn people though. we'll see.

edit: spikes team with me if i go?

element_of_fire

Smash Lord
if i get enough requests i can do that yoshii, the place is open 'til 2a.m. and we can easily have it past that as well... but people can start getting there as early as 11 a.m.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
yeah, i'd say try to have the tournaments not start til later then... us MN dudes had to get up at like 6.30 am to get to fudge butt **** on time.

tar

Smash Rookie
fudge butt ****?
uh, count me in. i notice this conflicts with huge johnz, just to point this out.

Xenocide2

Smash Rookie
Haha ill be there for sure, you better watch out in a riseing star : D
nah not really but im gona be alot better then i was at the stevens point tourny and my doubles partner wont be such a noob
xoxo

Fade016

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully Some MN people can come to this tourny also

Cwolf and Nomek if you coming to this mm me 1$

also spikes i might just have to mm you in a snapple contest idk ill think about it ill practice lol. that is if your going to be there

CWolf20

Smash Journeyman
I might be able to come to this one, but basically only if I can get a ride. I don't want to drive 3 hours each way for a tourney.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
How much gas would it take to get there and back (about an hour each way)? Half a tank? Full tank?

I don't know much about cars...

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
OH SNAP! I AM IN! EoF...WANNA TEAM? LOLZ! JK...Tar...you wanna team?
Perhaps you didn't get the memo, but it's been Tar and me all the way from the begining... Team Anesthesia (Doc + Jiggly) FTW (not saying you'd need to go Doc Tar, whoever you feel best to fight with... I think I need some rest right now, I'm so tired)

FREE PIZZA!!!!!
Setups NOT required!!! we have 10 big LCD tv's to play on + a nice non-lag projector to play on! we wil need cubes, cards, and games tho!

Awesome imported Japanese snacks!!!
I love you.

King Leonidas

Smash Apprentice
Ok..thanks for that.

Well, I was looking more how much it would deplete my tank. Like say I was at a full tank, and I drove the 120 miles, what would that put me at? Like...Half?

Thanks in advance.

krst

Smash Rookie
Hey zicore.... although this will sound ridiculous to you, if you can't find anyone else to team with, I'll go with you. I've been meaning to enter team battles for the past few tournys but seeing as Tar and chrono have such a happy little relationship without me (jk) I've been partnerless. it's cool if you find someone better....

Top Bottom