• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Games You've Gotten to last level and failed

Star Ryan

Smash Cadet
Wow, some surprising ones here.

Sonic 2, I found fairly easy. Those saying it was easier with knuckles, you're wrong; He can't jump quite as high, so he catches himself on Dr. Robotnik's (not eggman) claws.

Mario 64 was pretty ordinary at the end. Amazing game, don't get me wrong, but the bowser fights progressed quite steadily.

Mario Galaxy was very easy in my opinion. Had some trouble on the Bouldergeist comet level, having to do that on 1 health was ridiculous.

Ecco the Dolphin was very hard, agreed. Ecco - the tides of time was ridiculously hard.

Ikaruga owned me. I could get to the last level on about my 3rd credit. It became easier later on, but I got more into chaining the first and second levels.

Astroboy (GBA), hard mode, second time through. Ouch; The level where you fight the best robots in the world ending in atlas is nuts.

I'll post more soon when I think of them :)

Reyairia

Smash Champion
In honesty, I rarely finish games. I always get to the very last level or boss and call it quits, the next day I have no interest in the game anymore, lol.
It doesn't help that Legend of Zelda's hyrule castle is always the most boring dungeon ever in its case.
So for me it's more of what games have I finished.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I couldn't beat the last boss in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. I was so embarrassed when my friend beat it on the second go.

I've never gotten past the fire temple in OoT, I haven't played that game for more than 3 years.

He told me that he lost because he didn't know you couldn't save in between trainers. I was like "Come on, how could you forget that? That's a staple of the series!" Then he reminded me that he'd never fought the Elite Four before.
I save during the Elite Four all the time.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I couldn't beat the last boss in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. I was so embarrassed when my friend beat it on the second go.
I don't understand why people think the Shadow Queen was so difficult. She's one of the few final bosses I've actually beat, and I did it in the first go. I found her pretty easy if you knew what to do.

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
lol, I'm not on the last level yet because it took me a year to get past a using your brain part.

A YEAR! and then it took me an hour to get from that part to near the end

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I don't understand why people think the Shadow Queen was so difficult. She's one of the few final bosses I've actually beat, and I did it in the first go. I found her pretty easy if you knew what to do.
I had no good items, and you can't go back to get more.

I had to re-do the whole game. I got Miss Mouser and more items, so I beat her on the first go, second time round. :bee:

D13

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure I got ***** by Ganon in A Link to the Past the first time I played him. I had no idea what I was doing at the time.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Baten kaitos- I went to the second disk underleveled (for some stupid reason, you can't level up in the 2nd disk) and I couldn't get past the three *******.
Whoever thought it was a good idea to not be able to level up AT ALL, at a certain point in the game, thus if you didn't level up well enough, you can't do anything, THUS HAVE TO START THE WHOLE GODAMMNED GAME ALL OVER AGAIN needs to get fired, and never be able to make video games again.

Super Paper Mario- The game was easy, however, I accidentally broke the game disk before I could get to the last level.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
Try beating the Shadow Queen from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door with:

1. Double Pain badge on (Yes, put it on NOW)
2. HP less than or equal to 30
3. NO POWER BOUNCE
4. No badge for Jump or Hammer
5. No Danger Mario

It was painful: I spent considerable time (couple hours trying again and again.) It ended up as a near-defensive stall. I could ramble on about my tactics, except nobody cares. I will, if someone asks...

A_man13

Smash Master
Shadow queen was tough on first playthrough, though using Vivian made the battle a dream.

Anyways, Never beat OoT. Got right to gannon with 19 full hearts, magic full, and faires to help me out and loose almost every time.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
Dig Dug. Nuff said. I got to like level 100 and got bored.
^Wow...I get through 20 levels in that game before I lose. I cannot even get to the cut-off level in Pac-Man...arcade games are hard for me.

Plazma

Smash Apprentice
I don't think anyone mentioned this and I am surprised. Killer Instinct for the snes. Eyedol is hard to beat. But I eventually did it, after giving up countless times before

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Sonic The Hedgehog 2, Gold Metal Sonic followed directly by a monster of an eggman without rings... not happening.

Sonic The Hedgehog 3, Could never dodge all those rocks and get all those rings as super sonic...

Spyro 2: Riptoes Rage, The Game Freezes when I go through the last door... **** it all.

Yaya

Smash Champion
I spent an entire day trying to fianlly beat Quck Man's stage on Megaman 2, I finally got it, cruised through the other's just to get destroyed by Wiley :(

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Not sure about anyone else but...for me it's Dynamite Headdy. The Final Boss (not the secret one although he did pack a punch as well) was (yea after several years I finally managed to complete it ~.~) a ***** to kill. A big congrats to anyone who's completed the game and got all the numbers for the secret boss because it is one of the hardest games I've ever played. Forget the Final Boss, Baby Face was enough to finish me off most times...

Oh and I never completed any of the Phantasy Star games (mega drive ones). I got lost and said forget this

Burrbomb

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised no one said this, ANY final boss on Saga frontier, 1st of all ur chars. had to have perfect or near perfect stats to kill one. 2nd Robots and ppl have diff. restoration items. 3rd You can't restore WP or magic. 4th I didn't have a memory card at the time. 5th there is a RIDICULOUSLY strong mini boss every where 5th one mini boss woudn't die, literally I killed him and his team like 30 times and they kept coming back! And 6th there is like 8 stories, no way I'm takin that much abuse for a stupid secret ending.

Wrath`

Smash Master
where do I start.

PM2 1000YD: How are poeple having a hard time? I had next to no items, and do you know what I did? I went back and survived goin throught the castle and came back in much better shape, beat it first try, go admrill bobbery, i didnt even have mouser.

Sonic1: ugg LABRENTH ZONE, I could never beat it, I hate sonic and water, even when I cheated to get the final boss he kept owning me with the pancake pistons.

Sonic2: I got all the way to the deathegg no cheats,(beat my dad, who was stuck at metropils) and I even beat metal sonic!!!!!!!, but i got the rings suplied at the last boss and some how when I lost em, they dissapered whithout giving me time to recover them, so I died .

sonic3+sonic knucles case theing(they give me trouble): Ok i did the WHOLE RUN THROUGHT with tails from ANGEL ISLAND all the way to level 12 DEATH ZONE, got to the final boss and after i killed his finger, I acidently got torched on my last life.(i think i had goten him down to the last hit too...)

Metroid Fussion: I had trouble with the space jump spider also, but the last two bosses pissed me off, my cousin had to beat em' for me, he didi it on hs first try.

Kingdom hearts 1: Sephy, he was hard in this game, in no 2 it was a piecie o' cake.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Piglets Big Game for the Gamecube. It was a game for my younger brother but, heck, I played it. XD

The last level is impossible. Seriously, I was so mad.

Top Bottom