• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamers Paradise 2011

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
The stages in red are what I think you should def' get rid of. Jungle Japes metagame is camp on a platfrom and projectile camp/spam (Falco), then retreat to a different platform when your platform feels threatened. Pokefloats is a joke playground to play tag on. Pictochat is wtf stage hazzards. Pokemon Stadium 2 is, why? The physics change

More stages can be fun, but it's better to not add stages that hurt gameplay. The stage list is still entirely up to you still[/IMO]
LOOOOOOOOOOL oh no you don't. If Mute is on, then at LEAST Japes should be on too. I'm down I like the oldschool playset more, call me old fashioned. More stages = ****.

LOOOOOOOOOOL oh no you don't. If Mute is on, then at LEAST Japes should be on too. I'm down I like the oldschool playset more, call me old fashioned. More stages = ****.
How is Japes just as legal/illegal as Mute City? Japes promotes ******** camping. Mute City doesn't

You're right...

Mute City promotes Peach. Also the stage doesn't have ledges hahaha. It all makes sense now.
EXACTLY! Better character balance that doesn't negatively effect gameplay. No ledges? No problem! Brings a new game to the recovery/edgeguard game. I'm glad I enlightened you

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Episolon just wants to cheap people out with dumb Mute City counterpick -_-
Mute City isn't better character balance ... it just gimps everyone but Peach

O well, have no idea if I'm going or not at this rate so use whatever silly ruleset you want haha

Episolon just wants to cheap people out with dumb Mute City counterpick -_-
Mute City isn't better character balance ... it just gimps everyone but Peach

O well, have no idea if I'm going or not at this rate so use whatever silly ruleset you want haha
As if I'd ever compete in a tournament

The stage doesn't gimp as hard as you think it does

The best silly ruleset would be the 5 neutrals + Pokemon Stadium only

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I'll agree with that one, the current CPs that aren't Stadium are pretty ********
Even Stadium is real dumb on transformations but you can just camp those out :awesome:

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Lie, it really depends on which game Brawl and Yugioh are the hardest two to beg down because they are the most popular with high schools and colleges that I have promoted and contacted. Unfortunately with high schools and other colleges I can't peg down exact numbers as they don't usually frequent smashboards or pojo. So yes, in many games there could potentially be a ton of scrubs that come from seemingly nowhere.

So which stages should I use for melee?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Honestly I don't understand why you wouldn't just follow the MBR ruleset from the getgo ... it's what everyone understands and you're not going to get like "WTF WHY IS JAPES LEGAL I THOUGHT THIS WAS A LEGIT TOURNAMENT"

MBR stage list has been the standard since like Pound 4 or something, and if people alter it it's usually to take off more counterpick stages, not add them

That does not seem like good enough reason to take it off the CP list. There are only three major physic changes on the stage.

Also, I am going to be here. :v First tourney in a year lol. :awesome:
The gravity gets cut in half is the biggest change. That like, completely changes everything

Also, I've seen you on fsmash.org
hai

Noraa

Smash Lord
I go to a culinary school kaffei.
Madden 0_o...will there be enough people for that
btw, i suck at brawl...so does berto...swag

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
What's turnout looking like? I wanna come here with my crew.

Also, should we bring TVs?

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Go ahead and bring TVs. I am sure I can find a use for them. Turnout is looking alright.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Tell your buddies the same. Also if you or zant could help out with recording and livestreaming that would be great.

Also if anyone can bring systems that would be helpful. Top on our list of priorities is Xbox 360's and copies of Halo Reach.

Tell your buddies the same. Also if you or zant could help out with recording and livestreaming that would be great.

Also if anyone can bring systems that would be helpful. Top on our list of priorities is Xbox 360's and copies of Halo Reach.
I'll be bringing my dual recording setup for both Melee and Brawl at this event, including systems and TVs + 1 extra small TV. I don't know how to do livestreams

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Is this mostly a convention or mostly a smash tourney? I didn't think livestreaming would be an option.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
It is more of tourneys with some convention aspects. Sorry I haven't gotten back to you all in awhile. There is a lot of work to be done and I have been contacting different people. The rulesets will be updated. Feel free to bring your livestream stuff and stream Project M the only challenge is the wii setups may be a little ways away from the router. The event is going to take place in the ARCC. We are working on putting up signs to direct you. The Brawl Event will start around 11. We are going to really try to keep to the schedule considering what we need to get done. Hope to see some of you tonight and the others tomorrow.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
The Game unit will be Xbox 360
Opening Rounds: Will Play Madden 2011
5 min quarters
All Madden skill settings
Semi-final round: Will Play Madden 2011
7 min quarters
Final Round (Grand Finals): Will Play Madden 2011 during The Ultimate Super Bowl Week
8 min quarters

Game Settings:
A.I. Skill Level: All Madden
All other sliders: Default
Weather: Random
Instant Replay: Disabled
Quick Pass: Allowed/Default
Camera: Default Camera must be used unless both players agree to a different camera angle
Quarter Length: 5 minutes, 7 minutes (semi), 8 minutes (finals)

Substitutions:
An unrealistic sub is prohibited. What this means is there cannot be and DB's lining up at WR or
WR's lining up at safety/cb. For example, Terrance Newman cannot lineup at Wide Receiver or
Randy Moss cannot be lining up at Safety. Tight Ends/Running Backs are allowed to play at the
WR position.
Limited to standard substitutions onlyList of permitted substitutions:
• RB/FB
• LOLB/MLB/ROLB
• FS/SS/CB
• O-line/O-line
• D-line/D-line
• TE/TE only
• WR/WR only
• QB/QB only
• KR/PR for WR/RB/CB
• Game Restrictions:
• Audibles must be done before the game start, at the half, or during a timeout.(2 min allowed at
the start of match)
• Deliberately excessive delays are considered unsportsmanlike and will not be permitted.
• Custom Plays/Playbooks are not allowed
• On-side Kicks Allowed in the 2nd half of the game if you are behind by more than a
touchdown.
• NO memory cards will be allowed/used at the tournament.
• The uses of Madden Cards are not allowed during tournament play.

General Game Guidelines:
No glitch play. This rule will be expanded once the glitches of the game are revealed. To define
this, anything that tampers with the AI and is uncontrollable by the user is considered a glitch.
However, Rocket Catching IS allowed at the moment. With the defensive advantages and
adjustments, users may use the Rocket Catch at their own risk.
Players can use any standard NFL team with the exception of all-star teams. You must select
your team prior to the start of each match. You may change teams after a tournament has started.
If you pause the game, you will be required to burn 1 timeout. Frequent and purposeful pausing
during game play may be subject to disqualification.
If the game remains tied after overtime, the game must be restarted for a sudden death round.
The first team to score wins the game.
If a player purposely turns off a game while it is in progress, that player will be disqualified from
the tournament.
If any other game glitches are discovered during the tournament giving a player an unfair
advantage, the tournament administrator have the right to ban using the glitch after the point in
which it is discovered. Additional Game Rules:
When an opponent is kicking (Punt, FG, or XPT) you may use any formation to try to block the
kick but you are NOT allowed to line-shift, move any player, and/or MANUALLY BLOCK at
anytime. If the computer comes in and blocks that's fine. If you do MANUALLY BLOCK, your
opponent will be awarded the points he/she would have received. Remember, once this happens
you must pause the game immediately and call for an official to come and review the play. DO
NOT take the liberty of reviewing the play before contacting an official.
D-linemen must be kept on screen (as long as you can see a piece of them) LBs can move
anywhere on screen.
If you feel that your opponent is cheating, notify an official or Tournament director immediately.
The official’s decision is final.
Tournament Guidelines:
Double elimination tournament
Bring your own wired controller! Wireless controllers are strictly prohibited
In the event of an outage of power, accidental unplugging, system freeze or some other event not
in either player's control that would not allow the participants to finish the game, the game will
be restarted using the "situational setup" to exactly match the score, settings, quarter, time and
possession so the game can continue as it was.
The higher seed in each game will be given home-field advantage or coin will be flipped.
No sideline coaching is allowed. You may cheer or boo as the game progresses (and you're
encouraged to do so), but you may not offer advice to anyone playing a game. This includes
telling people to watch the play clock, etc - you will be warned…failure to follow this rule will
result in disqualification and you will be asked to leave.
Keep the complaints to a minimum. Legitimate complaints are always accepted. But do not enter
this tournament with the mindset of finding all of the loopholes in your opponent’s game and to
use this to your advantage to soothe your own loss. Attitude is everything and if you present bad
sportsmanship, you will be disqualified. Win or Lose.

Rule Changes:
We reserve the right to modify the rules as needed. This includes changes due to
software updates or releases, competition committee decisions and all other changes deemed
necessary to online tournaments. Teams are responsible to check the rules on a regular basis and
prior to every match to ensure they are in complete compliance. Teams must understand that
rules listed are guidelines to ensure fair and competitive play and are subject to interpretation by
the administrators based on the spirit of the game.

Sorry, Korn. I carpool at a first come, first serve basis. Boss, Exdia, and K4L took the spots before you asked. Plus I'm already at Everett's house which is like 1/3 of the way to Hagerstown. I can't drive 2 hours to every tournament for everyone. It's too much work

Can anyone going bring at least a GameCube power cord? I have a cube, copy of Melee, and A/V cables but now power cord. I also have 3 TVs and 1 Wii + Melee and Brawl, so I also need someone to bring a GameCube/Wii + Melee/Brawl (plus cord of course) to put my 3 TVs to use

Hanamaru

Smash Rookie
Thanks for brining your stuff Zant :D For anyone who registers, please have us make labels for your equipment.

Temporary Videos/Results Post

Gamer's Paradise
Hagerstown, Maryland. 5/21/2011

Notes about the audio problems
On 1 of my devices, I forgot to plug in the audio splitters so i didn't record any sound through out the whole tournament on that device
On the other device, Adobe Flash Media Encoder can't recognize the capture device's audio inputs so I can only record audio through a mic which has 2 second delay

[collapse=1v1]Winners Bracket[collapse="Round 1"]Kaffei4Lunch :metaknight: vs Shipo (Not NJ Shippo) :ike:
BeRT :rob: vs Sam :bowser2:
Dilf :pikachu2: vs Y2Joey :wario:[/collapse][collapse="Round 2"]Exdia :diddy: vs Kaffei4Lunch :metaknight:
NEO :marth: vs Dilf :pikachu2:[/collapse]Losers Bracket[collapse="Round 2"]Boss :luigi2: vs BeRT :rob:
Noraa :gw: vs Exdia :diddy:[/collapse][collapse="Round 3"]Noraa :gw: vs Dilf :pikachu2:[/collapse][collapse="Round 4"]Kaffei4Lunch :metaknight: vs Boss :wario:
BeRT :rob: vs Noraa :gw:[/collapse]Semi Finals[collapse="Winners Semi Finals"]Battletanx Commander :peach: vs BeRT :rob:
Kaffei4Lunch :metaknight: vs NEO :marth:[/collapse][collapse="Losers Semi Finals"]Kaffei4Lunch :metaknight: vs BeRT :rob:[/collapse]Finals[collapse="Winners Finals"]NEO :marth: vs Battletanx Commander :peach:[/collapse][collapse="Losers Finals"]Battletanx Commander :peach: vs Kaffei4Lunch :metaknight:[/collapse][collapse="Grand Finals 1"]NEO :marth: vs Kaffei4Lunch :metaknight:[/collapse][collapse="Grand Finals 2"]NEO won in winners finals and grand finals 1[/collapse][/collapse][collapse=Results]

1: Neo

2: Kaffei

3: BTC

4: Berto

5: Boss

5: Noraa

7: Shippo (not NJ Shippo)
7: Pdamaster
9: Y2joey
9: Saki
9: Sam
9: Exdia