• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Gameplay Q&A and General Discussion Thread

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
On a recent retrospecitvie, I find it a bit difficult if you try to stay in midrange.

I got rekt by a Marth because I keep my midrange distance, so I got hit by a lot of tippers.

Other than that, I believe we should actually close in so we can avoid tippers, also marth cant easily get out of our strings, and remember Marth Fair has a somewhat considerable endlag, so you can hit after he misses it or shield it.
I feel it's best if we do both. We DO outrange Marth on our longest range moves, and we beat him solidly if we're in his face, so constantly mix it up to keep him confused. Just never let Marth take advantage of that "death zone" in between.

How do you find the Marth MU? I have to struggle a bit due to being outranged in Fairs.
Marth's f-air does have notable amount of end lag. If he whiffs it, he's open for punishment. You have moves that outrange Marth's f-air such as side B and b-air but Marth's f-air comes out way faster so if you're within the range of f-air, there's no point of trying to beat his f-air out. You might as well shield f-air instead. His f-air is also safe on shield if tipped (-1 on shield drop) so your best bet against Marth is to stay out of his tipper range or just stay close to him.

If you're working from mid-range, you can harass him with f-smash, IP/side B and b-air due to those attacks having immense range. Staying at mid-range also gives you enough distance to make it easier to bait out his aerials/ground attacks. The only issue with doing this is that you don't have that much options outside of Marth's tipper zone and because of this, you may come off as predictable if you don't mix up correctly. Although all of your options are reliable to varying degrees, you have to remember that Marth has better mobility than Corrin so he can opt to simply walk/dash back and forth against you to mix up, bait you out, or wait for an opportunity to counter poke, basically do the same thing you're doing. Also, retreating f-air is hard to punish. Honestly, I don't really prefer fighting Marth at mid-range. Too much good tools to worry about. His jab is really good, he has some oppressive options from that range such as his aerials and air side b, and he has better mobility than Corrin

Staying up close works better because Marth's fastest attacks comes out at frame 5 (jab and dolphin slash), and Corrin's fastest attacks come out of frame 5 also (jab and d-tilt). Just be ready if he tries to OoS dolphin slash you. Although it's a decent option, it is very punishable on whiff (of course). His attacks are also considerably less safe if you try to stick to him since you're probably going to shield his base hitboxes instead of his tipper hitboxes. Marth needs to be at tipper distance to function optimally. Beyond that, if he can't tip his aerials and attacks, he's gonna have a rough time in the neutral

Another thing to note is that imo, Corrin gains more from winning the neutral than Marth does. Marth does have trouble escaping combos, and Corrin's tilts and aerials string well into each other and similar to Marth, she does have juggle traps, frame traps and amazing landing punishment tools which Marth is somewhat susceptible to since he lacks reliable ways in escaping/avoiding the disadvantage. Not saying that Marth's reward is trash. It's actually pretty good but Corrin has more options than Marth does when it comes to escaping disadvantageous situations such as n-air and d-air

Just my opinions and thoughts, based from what I've played and from what I know about the characters. Feel free to correct me if you guys have issues with what I said

Last edited:

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
Marth's f-air does have notable amount of end lag. If he whiffs it, he's open for punishment. You have moves that outrange Marth's f-air such as side B and b-air but Marth's f-air comes out way faster so if you're within the range of f-air, there's no point of trying to beat his f-air out. You might as well shield f-air instead. His f-air is also safe on shield if tipped (-1 on shield drop) so your best bet against Marth is to stay out of his tipper range or just stay close to him.

If you're working from mid-range, you can harass him with f-smash, IP/side B and b-air due to both attacks having immense range. Staying at mid-range also gives you enough distance to make it easier to bait out his aerials/ground attacks. The only issue with doing this is that you don't have that much options outside of Marth's tipper zone. Although all of them are reliable to varying degrees, you have to remember that Marth has better mobility than Corrin so he can opt to simply walk/dash back and forth against you to mix up, bait you out, or wait for an opportunity to counter poke. Also, retreating f-air is hard to punish. Honestly, I don't really prefer fighting Marth at mid-range. Too much good tools to worry about. His jab is really good, he has some oppressive options from that range such as his aerials and air side b, and he has better mobility than Corrin

Staying up close works better because Marth's fastest attacks comes out at frame 5 (jab and dolphin slash), and Corrin's fastest attacks come out of frame 5 also (jab and d-tilt). Just be ready if he tries to OoS dolphin slash you. Although it's a decent option, it is very punishable on whiff (of course). His attacks are also considerably less safe if you try to stick to him since you're probably going to shield his base hitboxes instead of his tipper hitboxes. Marth needs to be at tipper distance to function optimally. Beyond that, if he can't tip his aerials and attacks, he's gonna have a rough time in the neutral

Another thing to note is that imo, Corrin gains more from winning the neutral than Marth does. Marth does have trouble escaping combos, and Corrin's tilts and aerials string well into each other and similar to Marth, she does have juggle traps, frame traps and amazing landing punishment tools which Marth is somewhat susceptible to since he lacks reliable ways in escaping/avoiding the disadvantage. Not saying that Marth's reward is trash. It's actually pretty good but Corrin has more options than Marth does when it comes to escaping disadvantageous situations such as n-air and d-air

Just my opinions and thoughts, based from what I've played and from what I know about the characters. Feel free to correct me if you guys have issues with what I said
Thanks for the help, I worked it out and began shielding Fairs instead of clashing, and now Marth poses very little problems for me, other than being a speedy lil guy.
I've been wondering for a while now though, what can be considered as a hard counter to Corrin? My friends here say King Dedede, and I admit it's sort of hard on us, but I don't really think he's the one.
Does Corrin even have a hard counter at all?

Thanks for the help, I worked it out and began shielding Fairs instead of clashing, and now Marth poses very little problems for me, other than being a speedy lil guy.
I've been wondering for a while now though, what can be considered as a hard counter to Corrin? My friends here say King Dedede, and I admit it's sort of hard on us, but I don't really think he's the one.
Does Corrin even have a hard counter at all?
I don't think Dedede is a counter to Corrin at all but I don't think the match-up is free. At the moment, I don't think there are any characters that could be considered as hard counters against Corrin but if there is one match-up any Corrin main should be worried about, it's Diddy. Like, the match-up isn't impossible but it is fairly difficult on Corrin's side. His neutral is just too good

Well, and there's Bayo because death combos, and well atm the entirety of her character design is dumb

Edit: imo

Last edited:

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
I'd say our biggest high/ top tier counters are Fox and Diddy. As somewhat disadvantage Mu's I'd say sheik , bayo, and falcon. Corrin really struggles vs speedy baiting, and anyone with good CQC that can get in reliably on her. Honestly the rest seem pretty even. Diddy I also find to be the hardest due to him being able to simply run away from us, and get a banana. When he has banana in hand we need to either engage pressure on him, try to grab it, or shield it. The problem is two of these options go directly against our basic advantages. With pressure we are engaging in on Diddy, though its not that bad of an option we generally want to be walling instead of rushing in during nuetral. Sadly thought this may be the better option of the two. The shield option I find to be very bad, and should be a last resort for dealing with banana as corrin. Shielding it lets Diddy in our zone for free and then his CQB frame data wreaks us. TL;DR: Diddy can run and get relatively free bananas, and then use them to get into CQC vs us.... the Mu is a biatch.

Last edited:

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
What about Sonic? Corrin depends a lot on punishes and reads, but Sonic can just dash all day.

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
What about Sonic? Corrin depends a lot on punishes and reads, but Sonic can just dash all day.
Idk sonic seems a little less bait, and cqc orientated, but tbh I don't see enough good ones to really gauge this match up.

Last edited:

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
I'd say our biggest high/ top tier counters are Fox and Diddy. As somewhat disadvantage Mu's I'd say sheik , bayo, and falcon. Corrin really struggles vs speedy baiting,
I understand Diddy and Sheik, and to a somewhat extent Bayo, since that prolonged Spinning Nair has a lot of Range (I actually switch to Shulk if my Corrin doesn't work against a Bayo because the range, despite supposedly being a worst MU), but other than that I believe we don't have that big disadvantage against her.

Dunno about fox. While understandable in his speed, remember he doesn't have range. The downside I see we have against fox is that he doesn't get comboed since he falls so fast he can shield after a Dtilt, so I usually go for a grab at 0% and then a Ftilt to try to get some fairs after fox has some percent. Also he is somewhat light, so he can die early after the 17% bite, which you can read if they like using that Side B onstage. Also I recommend that you managed to get a not so stale Dragon Lunge, as they die easily if the move is fresh.

About Falcon, I believe we actually win this matchup without much sweat. While I understand we are susceptible to his combos, he is even more susceptible to ours. I always manage to land a combo that does minimum 40% from a Fair or a Dtilt at low percents, and once I got a 68% combo from 0% after some Dtilt strings, Utilts, and some Fairs and Nairs. We just have to remember that in the end of the day, he is Captain Dashgrab, and after that just try to not get caught in one of his powerful moves that can KO and you should be fine.

I played against the 2 best falcon here where I live and I absolutely rekt them. They either just punish good some derp mistakes I do (which costs me the stock), but other than that they can't do much if I zone well and bait their dash grab with empty hops.
I like playing against Falcon because I view him as a sandbag and try to see whats the longest combo I can pull off (It feels nice finally getting payback after all the trouble falcon gave me when I only played Shulk)

Last edited:

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
Idk sonic seems a little less bait, and cqb orientated, but tbh I don't see enough good ones to really gauge this match up.
What does CQB mean?

EDIT : I think I mentioned this before but Fsmash charging hitbox beats out Ganoncide, Fox Illusion etc, so do what you will with that information.

Last edited:

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
What does CQB mean?

EDIT : I think I mentioned this before but Fsmash charging hitbox beats out Ganoncide, Fox Illusion etc, so do what you will with that information.
oops I meant CQC. But that's close quarters combat*. I think anyone with better up close frame data, and can get in on us, and stick to us is bad news for corrin. The best way to get in is high speed baiting vs corrin.

SubconsciousRose

Smash Cadet
Going through thread and checked the tipper hitboxes on fthrow and bthrow because that was something I had no idea about and it sounded wacky.

It seems the tipper hitbox on back throw does 12% and the tipper hit on fthrow deals 10%. Both have super strong kill power just like tipper side b does and it can kill around the 90% range near the ledge.

The sourspot for back throw deals 6% while sourspot on fthrow deals 5%.
On a similar note, down throw and up throw have 6% hitboxes around them with a good amount of kill power also killing near ledge (for down throw off the side and up throw off the top) around the 100% range.

Huh

Learn something new every day
Now if only Corrin hit those tippers with the actual throws to have a Ness level back throw..

Last edited:

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
Going through thread and checked the tipper hitboxes on fthrow and bthrow because that was something I had no idea about and it sounded wacky.

It seems the tipper hitbox on back throw does 12% and the tipper hit on fthrow deals 10%. Both have super strong kill power just like tipper side b does and it can kill around the 90% range near the ledge.
Thanks for testing further.
From my testing, it seems that Bthrow tipper is stronger than the Fthrow tipper right?

Would be interesting to apply this to doubles. Particularly Bthrow as it has a low angle and seems to be stronger.

Though would be nice to see the hitbox images of them, as they don't behave like the side B and Fsmash tippers, since it seems the hitboxes are in a different place.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
Would have been super cool and unique if fthrow and bthrow had 2 parts, the throw and thrust and you had to time the thrust perfectly orelse it ends up just doing a weak throw.

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
I've been recently hitting a wall with how I play with Corrin and I've got some questions on how to improve him:
1. What are some stuff I can lab with Corrin? I know IP and I'm just getting down B-reversals and wavebouncing (not to the point that I can use it naturally in a real match).

2. Whats the best way to practice Tipper DL in the air for edgeguarding and as a follow up from DFS? (I play only on the 3DS so I don't have the other options players on the Wii U may have in training.

3. What are some of Corrin's strings that I can practice? I've got D-tilt to U-tilt or U-air and sometimes falling F-air to N or F-air.

4. How can I improve Corrin's neutral game (kind of a more general question but I've been wanting to make it more solid)

5. Best way to practice spacing?

Sorry if these questions seem noobish but they've been bothering me for a while and are the things that I believe are holding me back as a Corrin main, so thanks in advance :D

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
It's getting a bit late so I can't answer everything
1. What are some stuff I can lab with Corrin? I know IP and I'm just getting down B-reversals and wavebouncing (not to the point that I can use it naturally in a real match).
I just finally got time to start labbing and practicing myself, and here are some of the stuff I'm working on:
-walking (back and forth, after moves, after landing, etc, all while avoiding dashing)
-dash to shield (can be tricky to get the perfect timing since the game will buffer a roll if you press shield too soon)
-foxtrotting, dance-trotting/extended dashdancing, using moves directly after a foxtrot
-running and buffering moves after the skid animation
-pivot fsmash and pivot grab, the former being a bit tougher if you're using c-stick for attack
-perfect pivots (both empty perfect pivots and perfect pivot jab/dtilt)
-using jab/dtilt/IP out of shield

Some of these are really basic while others are more complex. Even simple stuff like dash to shield and moves OoS can be hard punished if messed up, so it's a good idea to be on point for everything. Some other stuff you can work on too are ledgetrumping, pinning the side of the stage, using fair's early autocancel to cancel DL landing lag and b-reverses/wavebounce which you already mentioned.
3. What are some of Corrin's strings that I can practice? I've got D-tilt to U-tilt or U-air and sometimes falling F-air to N or F-air.
Not an exhaustive list, but this vid should cover most of the common stuff.
4. How can I improve Corrin's neutral game (kind of a more general question but I've been wanting to make it more solid)
I can't offer much help here since I'm also in the process of learning as a new competitive player, others can definitely give better insight. Basically, you're gonna want to stick in that zone Corrin controls with her superior range while staying outside the opponent's range. On this front, it's a good idea to be aware of your moves' range, how fast they come out, how laggy they are, etc. Patience is absolutely necessary; don't randomly throw out moves hoping they connect and at the same time, don't idly allow the enemy to invade your space. As Corrin, you will have to slowly and patiently creep in on the opponent, covering options with empty hops, spaced aerials and IP, to finally pressure them into a tough spot (either in the air for juggles or trapping them at the ledge). There are lot of posts in this thread where others describe Corrin's neutral much more in depth, but at the end of the day this is something you'll have to master through trial and error in actual matches.
I don't know how training mode works on 3DS, but on Wii U this is what I started doing:

-Drop bombs around at 999%
-Hit them without getting hit yourself
-Fair/nair/bair practice (with bomb-ombs)
-Fair/bair practice (with goey bombs)
-Tipper Instant pin practice (with deku nuts)
-Pivot tipper down-angled fsmash practice (with deku nuts)
-Tipper fsmash practice (with hocotate bomb)

I can't guarantee this being the best way to practice spacing but I guess it's better than nothing.

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
I've been recently hitting a wall with how I play with Corrin and I've got some questions on how to improve him:

2. Whats the best way to practice Tipper DL in the air for edgeguarding and as a follow up from DFS? (I play only on the 3DS so I don't have the other options players on the Wii U may have in training.

Sorry if these questions seem noobish but they've been bothering me for a while and are the things that I believe are holding me back as a Corrin main, so thanks in advance :D
I play only on the 3DS too!
The way I practice tipper DL as an edge guarding tool is by going in training mode with Captain Falcon CPU, setting damage to 70, knocking him offstage with an uncharged dsmash and then preventing his recovery using DL.I can't guarantee the results, but I've certainly improved my spacing and timing.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I've noticed that sometimes when pivot grabbing with Corrin, I'll get a considerable slide (long enough to land a grab even when starting it before passing the opponent) but at other times Corrin will just stay in place while performing the grab. Does this happen to anyone else? If so, anyone got an idea as to how it's happening?

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
I've noticed that sometimes when pivot grabbing with Corrin, I'll get a considerable slide (long enough to land a grab even when starting it before passing the opponent) but at other times Corrin will just stay in place while performing the grab. Does this happen to anyone else? If so, anyone got an idea as to how it's happening?
The only explanation I have is that you are doing the sliding one out of a dash, while the other is from a walk/standing. The dash into pivot grab should carry some momentum, while the standing one would not. If that's not it than you might SOMEHOW be doing a perfect pivot grab for the slide, but I kinda doubt you are doing that by accident.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
The only explanation I have is that you are doing the sliding one out of a dash, while the other is from a walk/standing. The dash into pivot grab should carry some momentum, while the standing one would not. If that's not it than you might SOMEHOW be doing a perfect pivot grab for the slide, but I kinda doubt you are doing that by accident.
I made sure to repeat this many times from a run in case I was doing a perfect pivot grab like you mentioned. Granted this was late last night so I might have been messing something up. I'll try it again later today.

---
In other news, Cosmos got 1st at a 136-entrant DFW regional (or rather, a super-local), over the likes of Karna and Aerolink. This is probably the best result from a solo Corrin since Ryuga's 2nd at Landlocked. Matches should be uploaded to Tourney Locator's youtube channel.

Last edited:

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
Can someone post a link for the best Corrin solo match they've ever seen? So that I can improve.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
It varies depending on your timing for both when you input the grab and what frame you turn your grab into a pivot grab on.

You're moving your fastest mid-run immediately after taking a step, so grabbing then will give you the biggest skid.

Distances for pivot skid timings go frame 2 > frame 1 > frame 3, with a f3 pivot more or less being stationary.

This applies to all characters, btw.

Probably a good idea to show this tweet here
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
Wow...
Ithink I need to sit down....
I've also some a lot of ledge trumps to DL, but never something like that...

EDIT: Wow I was just about to double post...
Anyway today I did some labbing on the 3DS to see for myself the truth of DFS 17% bite power.
As you fellows may remember, you said that a nearly charged bite is more powerful than a fully charged bite.
Well, yes, you are correct.On Dreamland with Ryu (because he's the most middleweight for me), DFS will kill with an uncharged shot to a fully charged bite at the edge of the stage at 66%.
However, with the 17% bite, the red lightning appears at 66%(i.e pretty much certain KO), and the uncharged shot to 17% bite kills as low as 62%.(may be slightly wrong about % here).
It's a bit of a bother to consistently land the 17% bite, but with a bit of practice I can do it.For anyone having trouble and landing the 15% and 16% bites instead, a good visual indicator is when the dragon "mouth"(hand?mouth?oral limb appendage?)shivers and begins to enlarge.Release the button then.Even the animation looks more powerful.
Also from center of Dreamland,Full Shot Full Bite kills at 94% while Full Shot Almost Bite kills at 90%.
Enjoy, fellow dragons!

Last edited:

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
That ledgetrump is amazing.

Does it works with all characters? But working on cloud is already good.

It seems that they used the standing special hop, as it seems if you do it normally you would go too far?

Arrei

Smash Lord
I really need to practice ledge trumping more. Corrin's just one more character on my list of characters that can get a lot of mileage out of it but I just never think to try it.

It looks like it's not the standing hop, but a ledge jump into an immediate backwards DL.

Last edited:
Hero_2_All Hero_2_All

I remember you were talking about d-air > footstool

Cosmos does it here (recent tournament)

Edit: Funny thing is, Larry has done it too at some point

I still think it's a bit too risky but when it works, well... good, I guess

Last edited:

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
Hero_2_All Hero_2_All

I remember you were talking about d-air > footstool

Cosmos does it here (recent tournament)

Edit: Funny thing is, Larry has done it too at some point

I still think it's a bit too risky but when it works, well... good, I guess
Ya it is risky and should only really be done while doing the FH d-air recovery. It could be done from a sh, but if you miss either the opponent or the foot stool you will loose your stock. Now the Footstool works at all percents, but seems to be better the lower the percent. It is near impossible to get the footstool if you get all or most of the hits of d-air. 2 hits of d-air is most optimal for getting the footstool, while Ive also gotten it up until 6 hit intentionally. This 6th hit is a bit iffy though, while 5 hit is generally good. The reason of the hit requirement is because the more hits of d-air, the more they move up Corrin. To do the d-air they need to be somewhat close to your feet. Also you can't hit them with the side hit boxes of d-air for the same reason (will be too far up on Corrin). After you land a 5 hit or lower hit d-air you need to DI towards the side they will pop out and buffer jump, this will result in the footstool. Also this seems to get allot of phantom footstools if the up b is buffered of higher hit counts.

SubconsciousRose

Smash Cadet
Honestly I feel I need to experiment with Corrin's ledge trumps options more as well.
Usually I either aim to just cover their get up with some form of side b/fsmash/DFS or hope for some random 2 frame with IP.

I really think Corrin is a character who would benefit massively from exploring ledge trump possibilities against most characters that don't have absurd means of going way over you to avoid a regrab and get back on safely like ZSS or Sheik.

If you trump a character like Mario it leaves him in a super bad position because if he regrabs ledge then that gives Corrin a free tipper side b or tipper fsmash. But at the same time if he attempts to jump to land right on the edge of the stage he could be caught by a DFS which still possesses the insane kill power like tipper side b and fsmash.

Also a note on trump shenanigans with Corrin, is how Corrin can either get the trump on ledge by using the traditional ledge snap or by using the side b hop. Corrin can also use the side b hop (particularly if the opponent knows you can trump like this) to make it appear as if you're going for a trump but instead simply edge cancel the hop into another option.

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
Unfortunately, you can see that Cloud tried to jump, which means you can airdodge this. Plus, not all characters are ledge trumped at the same height and angle as Cloud, which means it will only work on a select few characters.

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
What buffs are you hoping to see in the upcoming update,and what do you fear they might nerf, for Corrin?
Personally, I'm hoping for a better runspeed and a slight increase in the power of Draconic Ascent.
I also hope they don't nerf his/her moveset,cos its beautiful as it is.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
What buffs are you hoping to see in the upcoming update,and what do you fear they might nerf, for Corrin?
Personally, I'm hoping for a better runspeed and a slight increase in the power of Draconic Ascent.
I also hope they don't nerf his/her moveset,cos its beautiful as it is.
The only character touched in 1.1.6, apparently, is Bayonetta. So, Corrin's still intact.

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this, but I have a bit of a problem.
See, I'm an Indian, and a Sm4sh community is nonexistent here. So the only matches I get are on FG and against my brother.
So where can I go (not physically) for a proper match? Or should I go back to Anther's Ladder? I joined a few months ago,but I was sorta scared off by how good some of their players were. Now though, I'm confident in my Corrin.So should I? Or is there another place?

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this, but I have a bit of a problem.
See, I'm an Indian, and a Sm4sh community is nonexistent here. So the only matches I get are on FG and against my brother.
So where can I go (not physically) for a proper match? Or should I go back to Anther's Ladder? I joined a few months ago,but I was sorta scared off by how good some of their players were. Now though, I'm confident in my Corrin.So should I? Or is there another place?
Ehhh, anthers has a kinda mixed bag i've found, but the vast majority of players there are of average skill. Ive only been playing competitive smash for 5 months now and I generally seem to go even with thier higher gold ranks. Anthers seems tough at first, but really its mostly average players. Which by its self is better than FG. Really they are mostly around the lvl of player you would play in the first rounds at a local lvl tourny (at least here in Socal).

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
So I just realized Corrin is more Dragon Ike than Dragon Marth. Here's why-

1)Fabulous Stance
2)Sweet Gold Swords
3)Fantastic Fairs
4)Killer Uairs
5)Godly Bairs
6)Combo Nairs
7)Deadly Neutral Bs
8)Useful Side Bs
Ike is my secondary so,yeah...

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
Marth's Fair is good, though.

Our Bair is decent, Ike's is really good

Ike's is a lot more situational and isn't a projectile

Dancing Blade is useful, though.
Definitely all those are true, but for one I'd say our b-air is a little more than decent. It only has one draw back in its start up. Otherwise its god like. Also, one more thing, b-air's weakness is somewhat lessened by our ability to mix up n-air when we are facing away. This is for a quick option if they are looking to beat out b-air's start up. Really with side b, b-air, b-reverse dfs, and n-air our facing away aerial options are pretty on par with our forward facing aerial options. In fact in swordy match ups I personally try to be facing away in the air during nuetral so I can out range with b-air, while also mixing in the aforementioned options.

Last edited:

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
Marth's Fair is good, though.

Our Bair is decent, Ike's is really good

Ike's is a lot more situational and isn't a projectile

Dancing Blade is useful, though.
Oh,I never said Marth isn't good,I love him as well, it's just that I feel Corrin has more Ike then Marth in her.
Plus I ship Ike x Corrin.....

Top Bottom