• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Gameplay Q&A and General Discussion Thread

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
While, I'm not sure about EXACTLY how many stages there are without testing it (I think there are 5 but I'll do that later, when I have time), I can say for certain that 17% is the last one before 20%. Likely the move was 100% fresh, which would give it a 1.05% boost in damage, which combined with our moves that have decimal percent values (Jab 3, Ftilt, Dtilt, Fsmash charge and tippers, all throws besides Fthrow, Nair, Fair, and the first hit of Up B [wow we have a lot]) and in turn each of their freshness bonus', it all added up to an extra percent. It can happen with any of our moves when they're fresh.

EDIT: forgot to insert the quote, so I'm just gonna link you instead gridatttack gridatttack

Last edited:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
While, I'm not sure about EXACTLY how many stages there are without testing it (I think there are 5 but I'll do that later, when I have time), I can say for certain that 17% is the last one before 20%. Likely the move was 100% fresh, which would give it a 1.05% boost in damage, which combined with our moves that have decimal percent values (Jab 3, Ftilt, Dtilt, Fsmash charge and tippers, all throws besides Fthrow, Nair, Fair, and the first hit of Up B [wow we have a lot]) and in turn each of their freshness bonus', it all added up to an extra percent. It can happen with any of our moves when they're fresh.
There's 9 stages, from 10-17% and 20%. If there's 18-19% stages, I can't get them.

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
Hmm, perhaps it is frame perfect?

On the online waiting room, I believe there's no stale move, like in training mode, so the bite should always do 17% damage.

Perhaps it is exactly one frame before the 20% bite?

Like a similar situation in melee, where Roy's Flare Blade has a charge stage when it's released 1 frame before the fully charged stage.

Do note I have noted this on the 3DS version. Haven't gotten it so far on the wii u version.

Last edited:

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
So I did a little write up on reddit for off stage ful hop D-air recover... what do you guys think about it as a gimping tool and low recovery punish?

Here is the write up btw:

Now this tech is known somewhat among Corrin mains, but no one I know of has really labbed it out (Or if they did they haven't shared their findings, or I somehow have missed seeing said findings). So I decided to spend a couple hours going over the exact execution required to do this AT.

Now before I start explaining the execution I'll show a quick example :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4vfoj6Z8Vs

Now if you do not execute this perfectly you will loose your stock. If you do, and it lands, you will likely take their stock. This works on all legal stages, but carries more risk on lylat, and dreamland (tilt up and wispy are evil for this).

1. You must full hop near the ledge.

2. D-air at the apex of the full hop (must be decently close to the ledge... there is some margin for error with closeness to ledge)

3. Buffer double jump, or just spam double jump out of D-air.

4. At the apex of the double jump (you have to wait for it, don't spam up -b out of double jump) Up-b up and slightly away from the stage, then as soon as the Up-b begins, move your joystick directly inwards towards the stage and hold it (this gives you more vertical movement, and will give you slight momentum towards stage in free fall to snap ledge).

5. Believe in your execution and the gods of magnet hands. If said execution was correct you will recover.
Ok so Corrin can D-air and recover.... what does this mean? Well Its actually quite good for Corrin because it gives her two things she lacked. Gimping ability (everything besides b-air and tipper side -b hit up), and a good low recovery punish (Her only options are run off stage spikes with side b / B-air, and going deep with rar B-air / tipper side b, all these are mediocre for punishing low). This Tech if mastered could have a profound effect on Corrin's edge guarding. Though it is to be kept in mind that this is very high risk high reward. Because, should you fail the execution, you will loose a stock (maybe taking them with you), and additionally you will loose stage control if you miss them and recover. Also your very open to punish while snapping.

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
Hmm, that sounds nice.

This could help in the cloud and Shulk MU. Can be used to trade too. I did something like this once when I traded with Mario's up b and he was spiked and he saved me lol.

Also, Wouldn't turn around before going down would be better?

Trying it now. It's pretty difficult to get.I suppose practice is the key. Or with Duck Hunt, we can use Side B to gain height.

Last edited:

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, that sounds nice. How far can we go horizontally?

This could help in the cloud and Shulk MU. Can be used to trade too. I did something like this once when I traded with Mario's up b and he was spiked and he saved me lol.

Also, Wouldn't turn around before going down would be better?
How far horizontally would need to be worked out. Yet, from pure theory perspective I can say that it will be as far horizontally as you can go to were you can double jump back and have the apex be underneath the ledge. Honestly it should work on any recoveries looking to snap ledge low. Were I see it shining is for that and near ledge air dodge read. To elaborate corrin hits up and people generally fall past ledge to snap low vs her. Imo one of the best edgegaurds here is while they fall past, perform an IP off the ledge to tipper them as they focus on falling to a lower ledge snap postion. This is countered by airdodging past ledge. Yet, if you read that airdodge you should be able to full hop, cofirm the dodge as you rise to the apex and then punish, or back off if your read was wrong (last line here is in theory atm). Also forward and back d-air hit the same (I think), no need to RAR it.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
We can actually dair about ~1.5 character lengths away from the ledge and still make it back. Purely vertical up-b has a pretty lenient ledgesnap, specially when compared to the angled ones.

I'd also like to mention that the execution is not TAS frame perfect levels of dificult, i've often surprised myself by making it back even after reacting late to the dair. The buffer is your friend, and footstooling the enemies seems to happen quite frequently.

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
We can actually dair about ~1.5 character lengths away from the ledge and still make it back. Purely vertical up-b has a pretty lenient ledgesnap, specially when compared to the angled ones.

I'd also like to mention that the execution is not TAS frame perfect levels of dificult, i've often surprised myself by making it back even after reacting late to the dair. The buffer is your friend, and footstooling the enemies seems to happen quite frequently.
Ya its not that difficult after you lab it into your system, just really risky, but rewarding move.

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice

Also you can go out pretty far if you jump back for you double jump and up b at the apex.

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
So ya just labed this for horizontal distance. You can actually go to max possible horizontal distance of the apex for this and recover. By this I mean if you run and full hop from the very edge of the stage with full forward momentum, and D-air at the apex (aka center of the arc). You can then for the buffered Double jump, jump back towards stage, and its apex perform the angled up-b to recover.

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
So ya just labed this for horizontal distance. You can actually go to max possible horizontal distance of the apex for this and recover. By this I mean if you run and full hop from the very edge of the stage with full forward momentum, and D-air at the apex (aka center of the arc). You can then for the buffered Double jump, jump back towards stage, and its apex perform the angled up-b to recover.
Seems like a good tech, but has anyone done it in competitive play and recovered?

Arrei

Smash Lord
Most in competitive play probably just don't want to give up the stage control to pull off such a risky maneuver, especially since Corrin thrives on control. It's basically a free kill on the usual suspects with predictable low recoveries, though.

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
Most in competitive play probably just don't want to give up the stage control to pull off such a risky maneuver, especially since Corrin thrives on control. It's basically a free kill on the usual suspects with predictable low recoveries, though.
It really is free if you a read on anyone without jumps looking to snap ledge low. I labbed some exceptions on character you should not go down for in this scenario: Marth/ lucina, pikachu, and sonic. Those 3 can regularly gimp you with their up b. and you will die first generally . The rest of the cats as far as I could tell the up b helps us recover, or does no dmg.

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
This Dair offstage is day 1 stuff. No really, everything you put in your Reddit write-up was found Day 1. Some of it was known even before Corrin's release. Dair offstage is super telegraphed and easy to avoid if the other player understands their recovery, barring very specific circumstances. That's why it's not used. They'll just avoid it and then you lost stage control. And the only risk involved is that of a gimp. Almost nobody goes for gimps. Therefor it has almost no risk. The risk/reward on Dair offstage is hilariously skewed against most players (players, not characters) yet it's still not used because you need a miracle for it to hit. It has nothing to do with tournament players not knowing about it. It's just a poor option overall.

We also still have basically no idea of how Dair works anyway, so lab that out if you want. How does it trade? Why can you sometimes footstool out of Dair offstage and sometimes not? Which recoveries will the disjoint beat out consistently? Stuff like that.

Although in certain match ups, like against Falcon, it can sometimes work to do a full hop near the ledge to bait out a high recovery, then fast-fall to the stage and F-smash him or something. Don't expect this to work consistently though.

Moving away from Dair, I recently labbed a new edgeguarding option I thought up. My labbing was minimal and I'll work on it more when I get the time. I doubt I'm the first one to think of this, but I've literally never seen this anywhere.

It's run offstage -> DFS. DFS is small shot big bite, of course.

What I like about this is that it's basically unreactable in most situations, so an airdodge is highly unlikely. The angle that you fall when running off the stage is about 45 degrees downward. I've been using at ~Mario's up-b distance, maybe a pinch closer. If possible, it's good to use it as soon as the opponent's up-b starts.

It works REALLY well against Falcon. I got it almost every time in training mode. I'll assume it works on Ganon too. It works quite well on Roy, though a counter may sometimes be better against him. I've tried it on other diagonal recoveries like Mario and I found that his up-b is hard to hit, so you may want to use DFS before he starts it.

I suspect it SHOULD work on horizontal recoveries like Fox or Ike side-b, but I'll need someone else to test that.

Additionally, you can use it at any point during an opponent's recovery, although you may have to read an airdodge in certain situations.

Also I'm staring to prefer B-throw over F-throw. It feels like it has less endlag (though I don't have the frame data for that). It feels easier to pressure after B-throw than after F-throw, though I'll work on it more when I get the chance.

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
This Dair offstage is day 1 stuff. No really, everything you put in your Reddit write-up was found Day 1. Some of it was known even before Corrin's release. Dair offstage is super telegraphed and easy to avoid if the other player understands their recovery, barring very specific circumstances. That's why it's not used. They'll just avoid it and then you lost stage control. And the only risk involved is that of a gimp. Almost nobody goes for gimps. Therefor it has almost no risk. The risk/reward on Dair offstage is hilariously skewed against most players (players, not characters) yet it's still not used because you need a miracle for it to hit. It has nothing to do with tournament players not knowing about it. It's just a poor option overall.

We also still have basically no idea of how Dair works anyway, so lab that out if you want. How does it trade? Why can you sometimes footstool out of Dair offstage and sometimes not? Which recoveries will the disjoint beat out consistently? Stuff like that.

Although in certain match ups, like against Falcon, it can sometimes work to do a full hop near the ledge to bait out a high recovery, then fast-fall to the stage and F-smash him or something. Don't expect this to work consistently though.

Moving away from Dair, I recently labbed a new edgeguarding option I thought up. My labbing was minimal and I'll work on it more when I get the time. I doubt I'm the first one to think of this, but I've literally never seen this anywhere.

What I like about this is that it's basically unreactable in most situations, so an airdodge is highly unlikely. The angle that you fall when running off the stage is about 45 degrees downward. I've been using at ~Mario's up-b distance, maybe a pinch closer. If possible, it's good to use it as soon as the opponent's up-b starts.

It works REALLY well against Falcon. I got it almost every time in training mode. I'll assume it works on Ganon too. It works quite well on Roy, though a counter may sometimes be better against him. I've tried it on other diagonal recoveries like Mario and I found that his up-b is hard to hit, so you may want to use DFS before he starts it.

I suspect it SHOULD work on horizontal recoveries like Fox or Ike side-b, but I'll need someone else to test that.

Additionally, you can use it at any point during an opponent's recovery, although you may have to read an airdodge in certain situations.

Also I'm staring to prefer B-throw over F-throw. It feels like it has less endlag (though I don't have the frame data for that). It feels easier to pressure after B-throw than after F-throw, though I'll work on it more when I get the chance.
I did say it was a known tech on the first line... Any hoo brought it up because we discovered it, but never did anything with it, nor released a step by step on it. Also the d-air is hard to avoid if your opponent has lost their jump and commits to a low ledge snap, or if you read a near ledge air dodge and punish. These are times when I would do the d-air. Also not many also knew about it even though it was a day one thing. Also run off DFS is in the same boat as this were its high risk high reward. Its basically a run off knee, but without captain falcon's speed behind it.

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
Also run off DFS is in the same boat as this were its high risk high reward. Its basically a run off knee, but without captain falcon's speed behind it.
Absolutely not. You have a much bigger hitbox than knee. You also stall, which makes it safer than knee. You also have an overall better recovery than Falcon. It's also generally not going to be reacted to, making speed irrelevant. You also can use it in more creative ways than Dair. It also his in front of you, unlike Dair. You also get to recover without using your double jump, unlike Dair. It's also much more consistent than Dair.

And what's with this high risk high reward stuff? You're not going to kill yourself edgeguarding unless you're terrible. You just lose stage control, more often than not if you mess up.

Also ya, Dair is still easily avoidable without a double jump. You can either recover high/early, or you can move into the side of the stage to avoid Dair and let the lip of the stage guide your up-b to the ledge. Or you can use some sort of extra recovery option. The fact that Dair is so telegraphed and easily reactable is what makes it a poor option.

Like really, describe one situation where Dair is unavoidable that you could force a competent opponent into.

Last edited:

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
Absolutely not. You have a much bigger hitbox than knee. You also stall, which makes it safer than knee. You also have an overall better recovery than Falcon. It's also generally not going to be reacted to, making speed irrelevant. You also can use it in more creative ways than Dair. It also his in front of you, unlike Dair. You also get to recover without using your double jump, unlike Dair. It's also much more consistent than Dair.

And what's with this high risk high reward stuff? You're not going to kill yourself edgeguarding unless you're terrible. You just lose stage control, more often than not if you mess up.

Also ya, Dair is still easily avoidable without a double jump. You can either recover high/early, or you can move into the side of the stage to avoid Dair and let the lip of the stage guide your up-b to the ledge. Or you can use some sort of extra recovery option. The fact that Dair is so telegraphed and easily reactable is what makes it a poor option.

Like really, describe one situation where Dair is unavoidable that you could force a competent opponent into.
Yet, also knee unlike shot does not clank with recoveries with a hit box. Yet to its credit that clank does stop some recoveries in place for the bite. Its larger and stalls, but the shot is both smaller and slower than knee. Its a good enough option if you read a recovery there, and if the shot can hit said recovery. Ive personaly been looking into this and it has its uses. For both you lose stage control, and you shouldn't sd if you practice it enough.

D - air hits low and slightly on both sides of corrin. Its meant for punishing bellow ledge snap recovery. Which is hard for corrin as her only move that sends a target down is D-air. N air and counter being the only other moves that hit bellow her, but they hit up.

Though cloud is an easy example ill use him. Ok corrin stuffs cloud's high recovery on fd. Cloud without a jump goes away from ledge to avoid corrin's tipper options from stage as he falls past. He then begins to drift in low for a ledge snap. Corrin seeing this full hops out to cloud between cloud and the stage. This is with corrin's forward position of d-air being in position to hit cloud. Cloud at this point cannot escape. He cannot fade back, forward, or airdodge, and live. Premature recovery atempt will also result in SD, or failure to snap. Failure to snap gets hit by d-air. I mean its telegraphed, but if your only option is up into it then there is not much you can do.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
Rather than a run off small shot DFS. Doing a SH DFS full charge blast will make 2 walls the opponent has to maneuver around and in many cases airdodging the shot will frame trap many linear recoveries like falcon, roy, etc.
The charge shot itself also shoots right at ledge height so killing fox/falco when they side b the ledge is very easy.

Last edited:

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577

I've been doing the offstage DFS since Day 1! I now use it for style.Make sure you're slightly above the opponent,otherwise the bite may not connect from the shot.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
@Izaw and @fyazko just released this excellent guide on Izaw's youtube channel, I strongly suggest giving it a watch even if most of the stuff covered was known around these parts.

The true combo section at the end is particularly useful, and I'd be lying if i said i knew about half of it beyond gut feelings. It's specially nice to see how fair/nair > DFS works exactly as I was struggling to figure it out myself. There are also a lot more whacky and situational combos than what was shown, like platform cancelled sour DL > sour DL near the ledge at the 30% range (does measly damage and has strict timing, lol), but aren't as practical or consistent.

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
@Izaw and @fyazko just released this excellent guide on Izaw's youtube channel, I strongly suggest giving it a watch even if most of the stuff covered was known around these parts.

The true combo section at the end is particularly useful, and I'd be lying if i said i knew about half of it beyond gut feelings. It's specially nice to see how fair/nair > DFS works exactly as I was struggling to figure it out myself. There are also a lot more whacky and situational combos than what was shown, like platform cancelled sour DL > sour DL near the ledge at the 30% range (does measly damage and has strict timing, lol), but aren't as practical or consistent.
Ya saw this really amazing guide Also it had two two new kill confirms, and confirmed our suspicions on f-air to dfs. The D-tilt at ledge into U-smash confirm intrestst me for punishing poor ledge snap. Also the F-air into U-air confirm was cool, but since Ike is so heavy I don't think that is true on most the cast.

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
Hmmm the true combos thing was really nice, but I wonder, can those be affected by DI? Like, they won't be true if they DI away or something.

Just wan to be sure, because that Fair to Up B was nice.

Last edited:

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
Hmmm the true combos thing was really nice, but I wonder, can those be affected by DI? Like, they won't be true if they DI away or something.

Just wan to be sure, because that Fair to Up B was nice.
I know from my own testing that it True against a large part of the cast, but against some characters it is only like a 2% range before their DI Down and away can take them too low to be hit by the full horizontal DA. Its also REALLY hard to hit as a true combo in general. It feels like it's pretty frame perfect on the timing. With No DI though, it becomes easier and the percent is wider. As well, it can be a great way to read air dodges, when they expect an Uair.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Corrin's combos being vertical-focused leaves little room for opponents to escape consistently with DI. The airspeed nerf also didn't change much, besides maybe losing a true fair/uair followup in certain scenarios, although that was largely compensated by fair and nair comboing better now.

It helps that most of our moves have generous arcs/hitboxes, so we don't usually have to worry about reacting to DI. Dtilt is one move that comes to mind where paying attention to where they DI is important to know what to follow up with at mid percents (upsmash/fair/uair).

The opponent SHOULD always try DIing away, and it's not impossible that some of what was shown in the vid could be escaped, specially with rage and character-specific attributes in play. Despite that, our damage output is very respectable and stray conversions from nair, fair and dtilt can consistently do 20-30% til around the percents where tipper DL and fsmash start becoming dangerous.

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
Those combos look nice, but i'm probably going to stick with the tried and true bread and butter combos

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
One important missed thing in the guide by @Izaw is that F-smash charge -> F-smash hit actually registers as a true combo with proper timing on the release. The window is super tight though.

Flawlessh

Smash Cadet
Hmm, perhaps it is frame perfect?

On the online waiting room, I believe there's no stale move, like in training mode, so the bite should always do 17% damage.

Perhaps it is exactly one frame before the 20% bite?
EDIT: apparently theres a "Freshness bonus" that does 1.1x more damage on your first move, so that explains the 18. (i think)

While at my local in winners quarters, i got a bite that did 18% (he was at 73, bite took him to 91) The move was fresh as it was the first time i threw it out, (so it couldnt of been a stale fully charged 20% bite). Im not sure if he was at 73.5% or something as i dont know how decimal percentages work out. it did kill DK from inbetween mid and the edge on smashville, with "decent" di, so i suppose it does have quite a bit of knockback, as i was surprised when it killed. Potato quality link for if your curious, https://youtu.be/2j9FqlKG-pE?t=3m

Last edited:

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
I think he might have been at 73.5 percent considering most of our attacks do x.5 damage.

DK gets KO'd at 71% on the ledge with the 17% bite. I suppose the extra 2% managed to get him KO'd from that distance.

Also, now that I see how you ended your first stock, I have to ask. What's faster to get that tippered side b on a stunned opponent?

I mostly do that finisher out of the special hop, under the allusion that the side b comes faster out of the special hop, but I have problems since the opponents needs to be on the ground for the tipper to hit, and also I noted the timing is a bit different on characters that have some animations on the Z axis, so the jump to side b seems better, but apparently is slower, but seems to be easier to get and I should be able to hit opponents who are slight above the ground.

Last edited:

Flawlessh

Smash Cadet
I think he might have been at 73.5 percent considering most of our attacks do x.5 damage.

Also, now that I see how you ended your first stock, I have to ask. What's faster to get that tippered side b on a stunned opponent?
one thing about the 73.5% if it was that, it would of been rounded to 74, so it could of been 73.4, but if the bite does 17%, then it would of been 90.4, which wouldnt of been rounded to 91. Unless obviously the bite does like 17.2% or something

and for the tipper side-b, im pretty sure they get stunned longer if there at higher percent, since DK was at 84% he got stunned longer so i had more time to get the tip.
I also tend to double jump instead of side-b hop when going for the tipper, idk why, it just works / feels better for me.

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
Well, then, dunno. Though I believe 17% is the last one before full bite, as if there was an 18% bite, it should even do more knockback and one can tell when you hit the 16% or the 17% one.

As for the tipper of side b, I think I will implement both. Even if its just a few frames faster, I will be going for the tipper out of the special hop if they are on the ground, but will definitely go for the jump side b tipper on characters like mewtwo, which seems to throw my timing due to hurtbox placement.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
one thing about the 73.5% if it was that, it would of been rounded to 74, so it could of been 73.4,
Damage is shown rounded down. Check it in training mode; one Dtilt (7.5%) will show up as 7%.

Last edited:

Flawlessh

Smash Cadet
Damage is shown rounded down. Check it in training mode; one Dtilt (7.5%) will show up as 7%.
rip, I thought it was rounded up at .5, so its always rounded down? so if there at 50.9% for example, the game shows 50%

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
rip, I thought it was rounded up at .5, so its always rounded down? so if there at 50.9% for example, the game shows 50%
Yeah, moves like Doc's Jab1 (2.8%) and DA (8.96) are both rounded down.

Last edited:

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
Someone mentioned on this thread that a mid charged bite is stronger than a fully charged bite.
Can anyone explain? This is the first I've heard of it.Is it significant?
Thanks in advance!

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Someone mentioned on this thread that a mid charged bite is stronger than a fully charged bite.
Thanks in advance!
This isn't confirmed yet.
Basically, someone upthread sad they got an 18% bite in the waiting room, where staleness (and freshness, presumably) doesn't exist. Since the only stages we know of are 10-17% and 20%, it's speculated that a frame perfect bite released right before it hits 20% would do 18% and be stronger, akin to how Giant Punch, Eruption, and Flare Blade works. We haven't been able to reproduce the 18%, though.

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
Thanks in advance!
I'm surprised this is the first you've heard of it! Corrins 17% damage Bite has quite a bit more knockback than a Fully charged one. It kills about 15% earlier. It's not the only move to do this either. Ike's Eruption and Donkey Kong's Giant Punch are 2 more moves I know of that do the same thing

ARGHETH ARGHETH Whether or not there is an 18% Bite (I'm like 95% sure there isn't, but not the point) The 17% Bite still will kill earlier than the 20% one. The 20% Bite is only good for low percents to maximize damage

Last edited:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Whether or not there is an 18% Bite (I'm like 95% sure there isn't, but not the point) The 17% Bite still will kill earlier than the 20% one. The 20% Bite is only good for low percents to maximize damage
Wait, really? Then the 17% fits the stronger but less % thing...meaning there's no point to having the 18% stage.

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
Wait, really? Then the 17% fits the stronger but less % thing...meaning there's no point to having the 18% stage.
Lol, Exactly. Hence why I don't think there IS an 18% bite. I did a LOT of labbing with Corrin for the kill percents thread, and never did I ever get an 18% Bite. If 17% Bite already fits the role of "skill/timing based bonus" why would we need a 1 frame 18% bite?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Looking at the move's data, the way it's coded should mean that it just jumps immediately to 20% when it would be at 18%

In an actual match/with decimal damage already in place it could roll 18%, but in training it should never do more than 17.x%

also iirc the 16% bite does more KB than the 20% at low-mid%s too. I've mentioned it before but the 20% does eventually do more knockback...just not until like 130% where they'd be dying regardless anyway.

Top Bottom