• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GamePad's: Final Destination Results!

Karcist

Smash Journeyman
If it's just that, there's no justification for this disrespect. Genuine disrespect. Not playful trash talk or humorous trolling. ACTUAL DISRESPECT. ):
It went beyond that. He skipped me in the bracket and played PS and lost. Then he had to go back in the bracket to play me, and his loss to PS didn't count. PS had no idea that he hadn't played me. He thought that Chu must have already played me so he went along with it. Fortunately PS beat him again when they played again but still, this was his second tourney in a row doing this.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
As for the Chu thing...

He did not sign up for singles when he arrived. He said that if he won any money in doubles he would use that to sign up for singles. We told him after doubles ended to run back to GamePad to get his money and sign up for singles. He then disappeared for over an hour. MattyP and Bolt both tried calling him, but he didn't pick up. He then showed up after the bracket was made, so we found a bye in the bracket and plugged him in.

Josh
^This is special treatment and I swear this only works for chu

stop this

like seriously...nigahz need to start DQ'in chu or something if he goes missing for A ****ING HOUR in the middle of a tournament

if anyone else would disappear like chu you guys wouldn't even think twice about DQing him

doesnt really matter this tourney since he got his **** ****ed but there has been other tourneys where he got that "Brawlstar" treatment...**** that

ChuDat

Smash Master
I told Matty that I wanted to join singles. I told him to use my money from doubles to enter me in singles and he said ok. So obviously, I assumed I was in singles. Not my fault. I was also bracket screwed because of this.

I played GIMR first round because I was confident I could beat him. I guessed wrong though.

The P~S thing I don't even care about. I knew he was going to win anyways, so he could have just given me the chance and dropped the whole argument. He's acting salty for no reason. IF I had beaten him, then I would understand where the hate comes from.

Karcist, I seriously thought that I had to play P~S and not you. I don't know where your hate is coming from. Maybe its because you thought you had a chance at beating me. You thought I should have been disqualified so that you could advance. Since you didn't get your precious 9th place placement, you are now pissed. Pretty stupid reason to be mad at someone. If you want a real shot against me, then money match me. Don't try to pull some stupid disqualification **** to beat me.

If I had a shot to disqualify P~S, then I would do it. There I said it. He plays like a homo. Oh and P~S, thanks for giving me that free $20. I make more money off of smash than you do, this is the first you placed 1st in a long while so enjoy it. I'll be beating you in teams and singles next time.

ALSO, I was high at this tournament. Consider yourselves lucky.

One last thing, TKO get *****.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Chu MM me next tourney 5 bucks Kirby vs Wolf if I don't play you in tourney? We haven't versed in awhile.

The Dashing Knight

Banned via Warnings
verse 1 (vûrs)
n.
a. A single metrical line in a poetic composition; one line of poetry.
b. A division of a metrical composition, such as a stanza of a poem or hymn.
c. A poem.
2. Metrical or rhymed composition as distinct from prose; poetry.
a. The art or work of a poet.
b. A group of poems: read a book of satirical verse.
4. Metrical writing that lacks depth or artistic merit.
5. A particular type of metrical composition, such as blank verse or free verse.
6. One of the numbered subdivisions of a chapter in the Bible.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
chu's right... I beat him when he's on aderol, I beat him when he's not but being high... yea that's why I won

have fun splitting at your lil $5 tournies, cause there the only ones you ever win

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
ChuDat vs Logic $50 mm

lets see it happen

This trash talk is getting good, just what we needed! RIVALRY MUCH!?

Time to go talk about each other behind each's others back and then have someone tattle and the other person finds out and make each other mad, lets go

D

Deleted member

if you guys have a problem with the way the tournament was run, either address the TO about it properly or don't go. quit *****ing.

Serynder

Jigglypuff is the best.
Even if things like this happen, you guys are all region-mates. That may seem silly, or insignificant, but if you think about it, you guys are pretty much all family in this community. Even if it isn't mutual at first, you need to at least try to understand each other. It won't correct mistakes made, but you'll at least know why they happened, and be able to coordinate with less effort and help your region-mates improve their shortcomings over time.

As a whole, this region is in disarray due to misunderstandings, both between each other(even if it's not as extreme with other people as it is in this situation), and Brawl. This region's community practices the religion of not getting involved to heart in certain matters, and people disconnect from each other, or people disconnect from the community as a whole(I'm sure a few names come to mind).

In short, you guys need to reconnect, completely, at some point, or this region is going to fall apart moreso than it already has.

There are a lot of new faces in this region's smash community, myself included, and a lot of old faces. Brawl is just two and a half years old. The Melee community put a dent on fifty percent of Brawl players' mentalities, saying it was a bad game and it isn't worth it, blah blah blah. While Melee holds more possibilities, it doesn't reduce Brawl to being "bad". This game, and its community will continue to evolve, but only as much as the players do, and only as much as the players' relationships with each other do.

Despite how you guys feel right now, you will barely remember these things in the future, if you work on them now(and they'll hardly ever happen).

Lykeios

Smash Apprentice
Even if things like this happen, you guys are all region-mates. That may seem silly, or insignificant, but if you think about it, you guys are pretty much all family in this community...

...Despite how you guys feel right now, you will barely remember these things in the future, if you work on them now(and they'll hardly ever happen).
This was OD. Sometimes you just gotta hate.

I agree with you TKO, special treatment should not have been given and I tried to get that across but MattyP had his reasons. Nothing personal against Chu, it's actually just the opposite. Just trying to treat everyone fairly.

Chu: no johns please.

Taj for President.

Serynder

Jigglypuff is the best.
Situations never prosper through hate. Not even in the least. Learning benefits everybody in every situation.

It'll just sit like this. Stay like this. Become worse. Someone quits.

Karcist

Smash Journeyman
Karcist, I seriously thought that I had to play P~S and not you. I don't know where your hate is coming from. Maybe its because you thought you had a chance at beating me. You thought I should have been disqualified so that you could advance. Since you didn't get your precious 9th place placement, you are now pissed. Pretty stupid reason to be mad at someone. If you want a real shot against me, then money match me. Don't try to pull some stupid disqualification **** to beat me.
Nah man, I was pissed because you skipped me because you thought of me as a free win. I know that you skipped me knowingly in Woodbridge so I really have no reason to think that this tournament was any different.

@ Umbreon: I don't really hold the TO's responsible at all TBH. Sure I think that it should have been handled differently, but ultimately the problem is Chu. It was a tough call to make, especially when you're not in the players shoes. I thought that this tournament was run VERY well overall and I think that everyone should come to the next event, whenever that happens to be. I know I'll be there.

D

Deleted member

weren't you like not there... gtfo
don't justify your *****ing, just stop it.

if chu was being a problem, cool. chu disappearing for an hour is definitely his own fault. that's one thing.

if the TO added chu to the bracket and then ragged about it later for whatever reason, chu is still in the bracket because the TO wanted him there for whatever reason. if it becomes a problem for the players, it's on the TO for making that call. and if chu sincerely got the bracket mixed up, no big deal, just call it as a reset and go do what you're supposed to do.

this is all very basic tournament host stuff. if your players are late, DQ them. if the match ****s up, reset it. chu shouldn't have enough power over how the tournament is run to **** up the bracket. not difficult stuff to figure out.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
I mean the week before he played outta order and said he didn't have to replay the person cause he already won

and this week he played outta order and said we had to replay it (cause he lost) I'm not mad at the t.o. for anything

D

Deleted member

I mean the week before he played outta order and said he didn't have to replay the person cause he already won

and this week he played outta order and said we had to replay it (cause he lost) I'm not mad at the t.o. for anything
then yeah he should have had to replay the person he already "beat".

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Karsict, you are on my ignore list on the boards and thus it not be anything personal, but I would like to inform you that I have beaten chu in October 08 in his own house.

I will pull the vid upon request

Karcist

Smash Journeyman
Karsict, you are on my ignore list on the boards and thus it not be anything personal, but I would like to inform you that I have beaten chu in October 08 in his own house.

Cool story bro. :) lol

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Teh Wall of Quotes.

ChuDat vs Logic $50 mm

lets see it happen

This trash talk is getting good, just what we needed! RIVALRY MUCH!?
Crewfest 3!??!? $50 Money Match Main EVENT!?!?!?!? ZOMG?!?!!

Even if things like this happen, you guys are all region-mates. That may seem silly, or insignificant, but if you think about it, you guys are pretty much all family in this community. Even if it isn't mutual at first, you need to at least try to understand each other. It won't correct mistakes made, but you'll at least know why they happened, and be able to coordinate with less effort and help your region-mates improve their shortcomings over time.

In short, you guys need to reconnect, completely, at some point, or this region is going to fall apart moreso than it already has.

Despite how you guys feel right now, you will barely remember these things in the future, if you work on them now(and they'll hardly ever happen).
I feel for the newcomers in this Era of MD/VA. This region is extremely prideful of itself and the players in it, but as all families, we fight, and get over it. You'll adjust or learn to ignore it. Just don't find yourself in the middle and you won't be one of the many that find themselves quitting.

Taj for President.
He's got my vote. :p

@ Umbreon: I don't really hold the TO's responsible at all TBH. Sure I think that it should have been handled differently, but ultimately the problem is Chu. It was a tough call to make, especially when you're not in the players shoes. I thought that this tournament was run VERY well overall and I think that everyone should come to the next event, whenever that happens to be. I know I'll be there.
This was not a tough call to make, if you are late for registration or a tourney match, you are DQ'd or put into the losers bracket. EVERY time this happens, they are forewarned and notified via Cell phone call, text, or word of mouth. This was ultimately on the Tournament Runners and would of never of happened if it was handled properly.

Nothing against Josh, Aaron, Matt, Matthew, or even Chu. Just stating that this would of never of happened if it was handled properly. No player has the right to dissapear for an hour, hold up an event, then complain that he was not in the bracket. I don't care who you are. It's alright though, Gamepad has learned (hopefully) and it won't happen again.

That's why the world will end in 2012, I'd be President but the world won't last long enough to have a 2012 election.

It just wasn't meant to happen, that's like heaven on earth.
Yes, things would just be too good.

*raspy voice* Best Yoshi!

MattyP

Smash Apprentice
I told Matty that I wanted to join singles. I told him to use my money from doubles to enter me in singles and he said ok. So obviously, I assumed I was in singles. Not my fault. I was also bracket screwed because of this.

ALSO, I was high at this tournament. Consider yourselves lucky.
I also told you to come check in BEFORE SINGLES so I could make sure everything was cool. We waited for you in doubles, I wasn't about to do it again. Aaron and I both called your number to see where you were at the beginning of singles because you disappeared for an hour. I put the bracket up when I was tired of waiting. Stop blaming everyone else. Sooner or later a TO is not going to wait around for you. I wish I hadn't.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
"Everyone hates chu"

Anyways locals like Karcist really shouldn't be complaining about this, not like you had a chance of beating chu or anyone else after that. Instead of trying to get free wins off of people to get 9th instead of 13th (which doesn't matter lol) just get better.

and btw

GamePadVA

Smash Apprentice
As I recall, you and Karcist placed exactly the same at our first tournament.

Karcist lost to Junebug and Chu in this tournament. He got a crappy draw. Can't really rag on someone for that.

Josh

SOVAman

Smash Hero
As I recall, you and Karcist placed exactly the same at our first tournament.

Karcist lost to Junebug and Chu in this tournament. He got a crappy draw. Can't really rag on someone for that.

Josh
Placings is irrelevant lol, I am not saying I am good I am saying he shouldn't be *****ing over this since it wouldn't of made a difference, not like the tourney was even running late since attendance wasn't that strong

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
its more principles than anything else... you'd know that if you stopped trying to be known as the most ignorant poster on smashboards

Top Bottom