• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamepad VA Presents The Return of Brawl - May 22, 2010 (MD/VA Event)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyP

Smash Apprentice
Glyph! GamePad tourney, son! :mad:

I'm thinking that we're probably going to keep the same date... Not 100%, but we'll still hopefully have lots of locals and the players who can't afford to travel/don't want to travel.

It's all good Aposl, this has happened before to us and we still had some decent turnouts... I'll keep you guys updated.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Dude, if you just move it a week back, I'm sure that you would get more people, AND Aposl can have people come up there on the 15th.

bertboxer

Smash Apprentice
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE

GAMEPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

i'm moderately excited

ps.

crew battle against wall street for the heck of it
me, mattyp, glyph, karcist, kojin(?)

Karcist

Smash Journeyman
duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude

Gamepaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

I'm Moderately Excited

Ps.

Crew Battle Against Wall Street For The Heck Of It
Me, Mattyp, Glyph, Karcist, Kojin(?)
Lets Do It

Genghis Pot

Smash Apprentice
Move this back a week if you have any choice at all.

On the current date it is owned by the Philly Tourney and attendance will be severely hurt.

bertboxer

Smash Apprentice
Move this back a week if you have any choice at all.

On the current date it is owned by the Philly Tourney and attendance will be severely hurt.
lol, philly is like 4 and a half hours away
i cant imagine there being enough overlap to be considered 'severe'

Genghis Pot

Smash Apprentice
lol, philly is like 4 and a half hours away
i cant imagine there being enough overlap to be considered 'severe'
Actually its only 3 and a half away

which is nothing considering it has 1500 in guaranteed prizes and a hundred ppl going

oh btw most of your attendance comes from the north

MattyP

Smash Apprentice
Buuhhhh See, this always happens. We find a week to figure out a date to host and something else pops up that is bigger. Goo.

I'll ask to see if we can move it back a week, but I'm not guaranteeing anything. The mall has other obligations for that space, so we'll see.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
...I mean I'll definately be at this.

Assuming the date changes, because the 15 is not good for me teehee. WHY CAN'T I EVER GO TO TOURNAMENTS ANYMORE

Lykeios

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone interested in a low tier side-tourney? It's something I'd definitely be interested in organizing and if people really like it it could be an ongoing event.

loungeact404

Smash Cadet
this event is actually pretty close to my house and I'd like to attend, but playing standard Brawl just seems kind of silly

do any of the Wiis being used for the tournament have Super Smash Bros 64 downloaded from the Virtual Store on them? We should have a side tournament for that; I would definitely want to show up and I know a few locals around here that are pretty decent at Smash 64 and would be interested in playing

Upshot

Smash Rookie
so is the date official or anything yet? 15th or 22nd? cuz id really like to come to this, its like the only tourny that i wouldnt have to drive to far to get to lol.

GamePadVA

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure that Candy would be playing. or MattyP. But who knows? It might be a terrible upset. Wallstreet might be shamed forever and have to put down sticks for life.

Upshot

Smash Rookie
i dont know if anyone already is doing this but if wanted i could possibly bring my laptop and some capture equipment to record some of the matches and put them on youtube and what not. It shouldnt be much of a hassle as long as all the Tv's have an output which they should.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I think Gamepad is sweet and since you guys lowered the venue fee as long as I don't have to work this weekend I will be here no matter what. I'm really looking forward to it.

I'd love to get some crew battles going here.

June- teams for this?

falco03

Smash Lord
tant if your down .................we can do the crew battle thing now/soon...............athf vs deees basement.............me dees boss ps gimir vs tant korn june lil b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom