• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game: The Hitbox Quiz!

M!nt

Smash Champion
I think you should get rid of the extra info point, it makes the easy ones worth more points than harder ones because if there's nothing extra you basically get a free point.Or maybe make the ones where no extra stuff is needed worth 2/2 instead of 3/3

Sangoku

Smash Master
I don't know. The problem with no extra points is, as I said, it gives the same weight to character and attack, while I believe the most difficult and interesting part is finding the attack. And what do I do if people give extra info that is wrong, where I wouldn't have expected extra info? For example, if in the first round I decided that 1) DK dsmash is 2/2, therefore no extra info required, and someone tells me "beginning of DK dsmash"? Do I give 1 for the attack or 0? I can't tell in advance which one is worth 2 and which one is 3 because it will give a hint.

I think I'll keep my current way for this round at least and we'll see what everyone thinks about it.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Wow looking at the current answers, this round seems really hard!

Should I leave each round open for 2 days instead of 1 in case some people don't have time to participate? Or is it too much to wait for others?

madrush21

Smash Journeyman
Wow looking at the current answers, this round seems really hard!

Should I leave each round open for 2 days instead of 1 in case some people don't have time to participate? Or is it too much to wait for others?
I think you should leave if open for two days, this one is particularly hard and I'm going to a smashfest with Near and Bane today....

melee, smashfest

B Link

Smash Lord
i'm only 100% sure about one of them lol. really tricky round for me. some hitbox characters look so SIMILAR =P THEY'RE ALL BLOCKS

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
this was a really tough one i probably got more then a few characters wrong cuz a few of the tall characters look pretty similiar

Maliki

Smash Ace
If you win do you get a reward or is it simply for fun? I like this idea it helps me learn more about the hit box of character moves in a fun way.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I know you're mad you missed such an easy one ... but just trust me when I say I knew that one was yoshi downB within .0000001 seconds, well before I scrolled down to the answers.

I will say I thought some of the other ones were pretty difficult. Also I did not see this thread in time to participate in the initial round; dunno how you can blame me for that. Second round seems really hard, but maybe I'll give it a shot.

edit: spent a few minutes and PMed answers to Sangoku. This is hard.
Congratulations on that piece of information happening to be in a readily accessible part of your mind in the moment you happened across the thread. What an achievement. Unfortunately, my overall knowledge dwarfs yours, so enjoy your ridiculously miniscule victory while you can, before you get ****ing wrecked round 2 (god I hope I don't get less now).

Sangoku

Smash Master
Okay, it has been a bit more than two days for round 2, so here is the answer! I'd first like to thank you all for your participation, I really didn't expect so many answers!

This round was a lot harder than the first according to the results. I changed the bonus rule to 10% or less of good answer.

1) Kirby U-Smash, I think that was the easiest! Good answers: 12/21

2) Link's aerial Up B! If you look carefully you can see the little fire effect of the Up B. And aerial, with a different hitbox than grounded. Good answers: 3/21

3) Fox's fair! That one was really hard, because I used the last frame to get you confuse it with an f-smash (although most people weren't confused by that lol). Good answers: 2/21 -> Bonus!

4) Pikachu's neutral B at the very beginning! That was probably the hardest one. Only ONE person got it right! Good answers: 1/21 -> Bonus!

5) Samus' U-tilt (she's facing left). I personally thought this one was really disturbing lol. Good answers: 5/21

6) Mario's B-air! That was tricky, because I believe the angle is more suggestive for a late U-air. Good answers: 0/21 :(

7) Late Falcon's U-tilt! Good answers: 6/21

Your answers:

Tied for 19th place:

ballin4life

1) fox utilt, 50% confident
2) link hookshot, 10% confident
3) pika dsmash, 30% confident
4) ness dtilt, 15% confident
5) luigi dash, or someone's rapid a?
i'm going with luigi dash attack 20% confident
6) pika uair 40% confident
7) i wanted to say low angled ftilt,
but instead I'm saying falcon dsmash 20% confident

1) 0/3
2) 1/3
3) 0/3
4) 0/3
5) 0/3
6) 0/3
7) 1/3

2/21

supersteve

1: Jigg's utilt
2: Link's grab
3: Mario's bair
4: Yoshi recovering from his dash atk?
5: Falcon's up-b
6: Yoshi's bair
7: Falcon's fsmash angled down

1) 0/3
2) 1/3
3) 0/3
4) 0/3
5) 0/3
6) 0/3
7) 1/3

2/21

Crusader8389

1) ness, usmash, when yoyo is at the top left.
2) link, jab, one of the first 2 before the final.
3) ness, bair.
4) yoshi, fair, from the right as hes hitting the ground.
5) link, boomerang, when its returning I think although it might be when it is being

thrown. Interesting side note, I cannot count the number of times the boomerang

returning animation has killed me.
6) pika, uair, when the tail is first coming out from the right.
7) falcon, forward tilt, down angled.

1) 0/3
2) 1/3
3) 0/3
4) 0/3
5) 0/3
6) 0/3
7) 1/3

2/21

18th place:

thegreginator

1. Samus uptilt
2. Link upB
3. Ness bair
4. Pika upsmash (not during the main part of the hitbox)
5. Link rapid jab
6. Pika fair
7. Falcon ftilt angled low

1) 0/3
2) 2/3
3) 0/3
4) 1/3
5) 0/3
6) 0/3
7) 1/3

4/21

Tied for 16th place:

KoRoBeNiKi

1. falcon u-smash?
2. link'd fair
3. ness b-air
4. a rock in a hard place, no clue, maybe pikachu's jab
5. falcon's f-smash
6. luigi b-air
7. falcon low angled f-tilt

1) 0/3
2) 1/3
3) 0/3
4) 1/3
5) 0/3
6) 2/3
7) 1/3

5/21

madrush21

1. Yoshi - Upsmash
2. Link - Up-B
3. Ness b-air
4. Pikachu - Dashattack
5. luigi dash attack??? I wish this one was a bigger image
6. Mario - uair
7. Falcon - ftilt - downward angle

1) 0/3
2) 2/3
3) 0/3
4) 1/3
5) 0/3
6) 1/3
7) 1/3

5/21

Tied for 14th place:

Vale

1) kirby upsmash
2) link up-b
3) ness bair
4) pika fair
5) falcon upb
6) luigi uair
7) samus ftilt low

1) 3/3
2) 2/3
3) 0/3
4) 1/3
5) 0/3
6) 0/3
7) 0/3

6/21

The Star King

1) Kirby USmash. Easiest.
2) Link Up-B me thinks. Too short for a grab, and there's that weird leg raise with his left leg, so I don't think it's a jab or anything.
3) Ugh, stuck between Mario and Ness bair. No idea between the two. Gonna guess Ness.
4) Kirby dash attack? Please don't be Puff.
5) Only uppercutish moves I can think of are Falcon USmash, Mario/Luigi utilt. Gonna say Falcon USmash.
6) Ugh hardest one for me. I thought about it for a while, thinking it was a bair maybe, but I realized it could be like the ending (or beginning, hard to tell which way he's facing) of Mario Uair. So yeah. Mario Uair.
7) Um... Samus low ftilt.

1) 3/3
2) 2/3
3) 0/3
4) 0/3
5) 0/3
6) 1/3
7) 0/3

6/21

13th place:

Combo Blaze

1) KIRBY UPSMASH?
2)late link up b
3) ness bair!?
4) wtf is this ****, idk jiggly dash attack?
5) link f throw?
6) mario up air
7) falcon lower f tilt

1) 3/3
2) 2/3
3) 0/3
4) 0/3
5) 0/3
6) 1/3
7) 1/3

7/21

Tied for 11th place:

SuPeRbOoM

1) middle of kirby's upsmash
2) link aerial upb
3) looks like ness bair
4) kirby dash attack...???
5) wtf LOL. I can't tell what this is, maybe up angled ftilt by samus?
6) ness PKT2(upb)
7) low angled ftilt by falcon

1) 3/3
2) 3/3
3) 0/3
4) 0/3
5) 1/3
6) 0/3
7) 1/3

8/21

Mr Bushido

1. Kirby usmash???? That **** is def an usmash
2. Thats mr bushidos up b spin attack XDDDDDD
3. Luigi fair
4. You're mum
5. You're dad
6. Firefox
7. End of flacno's utilt

1) 3/3
2) 2/3
3) 0/3
4) 0/3
5) 0/3
6) 0/3
7) 3/3

8/21

Tied for 7th place:

M!nt

1.luigi upb?
2.links upb
3.ness bair
4.wtf is that? samus down b?
5.samus uptilt?
6.marios upair c:
7.end of falcon uptilt

1) 0/3
2) 2/3
3) 0/3
4) 0/3
5) 3/3
6) 1/3
7) 3/3

9/21

clubbadubba

1) Puff uair
2) Link up-b
3) Fox f...smash?
4) uhhh landing yoshi fair prolly not zcanceled.
5) Samus utilt
6) Hmmm... Luigi bair
7) Falcon downward angled ftilt

1) 0/3
2) 2/3
3) 1/3
4) 0/3
5) 3/3
6) 2/3
7) 1/3

9/21

Dext3rM.

1- kirby up smash
2- link neutral A
3- fox foward smash
4- pikachu dash attack
5- fox higher foward tilt
6- luigi u air
7- falcn up tilt

1) 3/3
2) 1/3
3) 1/3
4) 1/3
5) 0/3
6) 0/3
7) 3/3

9/21

stylisland

1.) Kirby Usmash?
2.) Link Up-B
3.) Fox Fsmash
4.) Pika's non z canceled Fair landing?
5.) No clue, Falcon's gentleman?
6.) Mario/Luigi Uair
7.) Falcon/Samus Utilt

1) 3/3
2) 2/3
3) 1/3
4) 1/3
5) 0/3
6) 0/3
7) 2/3

9/21

Tied for 4th place:

asianaussie

1) kirby u-smash
2) link's aerial up-b
3) ness b-air, but i can see this being something dirty
4) non-cancelled pika f-air? idk if it's possible to grab those ledges (i remember something ******** about one of the beta stages), that might change my answer but OH WELL
5) looks like a high-angled samus f-tilt
6) i think this is luigi b-air?
7) fox low-angled f-tilt

1) 3/3
2) 3/3
3) 0/3
4) 1/3
5) 1/3
6) 2/3
7) 0/3

10/21

KnitePhox

1) jiggs upsmash
2) link upb
3) ness bair
4) pika downsmash
5) samus utilt
6) last frames luigi/mario upair
7) last frames falcon utilt
8) ...where's #8 XDDDDD

1) 0/3
2) 2/3
3) 0/3
4) 1/3
5) 3/3
6) 1/3
7) 3/3

10/21

cobr_evolution

1. kirby usmash
2. link upb
3. fox fsmash
4. kirby nair end
5. beginning of samus utilt
6. luigi uair
7. end of falcon low angled fsmash

1) 3/3
2) 2/3
3) 1/3
4) 0/3
5) 3/3
6) 0/3
7) 1/3

10/21

3rd place

MrMarbles

1. Kirby upsmash??
2. fox laser maybe
3. fox fsmash
4.pika dash attack?
5.samus utilt?
6. mario or luigi uair
7. the end of falcon utilt

1) 3/3
2) 0/3
3) 1/3
4) 1/3
5) 3/3
6) 0/3
7) 3/3

11/21

2nd place

mixa

1) kirby usmash
2) link aerial up-b - end
3) fox fair - middle-end
4) yoshi djc dair
5) yoshi up-angled f tilt
6) mario uair
7) falcon utilt - end

1) 3/3
2) 3/3
3) 3/3 + 1
4) 0/3
5) 0/3
6) 1/3
7) 3/3

14/21

1st place

B Link

1. kirby usmash (inb4 jiggly usmash)
2. link upb (only one I'm 100% sure of)
3. fox fair? (shape doesn't look like it though, it's a straight row usually. maybe end frames?)
4. pikachu B (inb4 pikachu fsmash starting frames)
5. looks like a strange frame of falcon's usmash??
6. mario uair (inb4 luigi uair)
7. falcon utilt -- starting frames maybe?

1) 3/3
2) 2/3
3) 3/3 + 1
4) 3/3 + 1
5) 0/3
6) 1/3
7) 2/3

16/21

Phew that was a long post to write! Congratulations to our winner of the second round B Link! He may want to take his last post back!

Would you guys want another answer format for the next one? Such as a table with everyone's answers?

By the way, if anyone thinks I made a mistake with their point, tell me so I can explain or correct.

M!nt

Smash Champion
ballin was talking trash and got last place lol

I'm pretty happy with my place, that first one looks sooo much like luigis upb :c
lol at noone getting that mario bair one

super tricky, but that was fun!

The Star King

Smash Hero
Tied for 19th place:

ballin4life

4) ness dtilt, 15% confident
5) luigi dash, or someone's rapid a?
i'm going with luigi dash attack 20% confident
6) pika uair 40% confident
7) i wanted to say low angled ftilt,
but instead I'm saying falcon dsmash 20% confident

1) 0/3
2) 1/3
3) 0/3
4) 0/3
5) 0/3
6) 0/3
7) 1/3
LOOOOOOL

HAHAHAHAHAHA I'm ****ing ROLLING son. YOU were talking trash with THESE answers coming?

I was gonna make fun of some specific ones like Fox utilt, but then I realized pretty much all of them are goddamn hilarious so I can't even single one out. The more I look at your answers, the funnier they become.

HAHAHA Something tells me nobody is gonna be very impressed with your amazing knowledge of a single Yoshi move now ROFFLLLL

I'm not even mad I switched from Mario bair to Mario uair and Falcon low ftilt to Samus low ftilt at the last second, which would've been 4 more points (including Mario bonus point) -> tied for 4th place. My performance would be pretty embarrassing if ballin didn't make me look so good ;)

Don't let my trashtalking discourage you from participating in future rounds though :)
I wanna laugh at you some more

asianaussie

Smash Hero
is there actually a reliable way to differentiate mario and luigi, or are we subject to sangoku mindgames

i literally picked luigi because i thought he didnt want to use mario again after using him first round

The Star King

Smash Hero
Luigi is a bit skinnier and taller

Eyeball it

Though maybe I shouldn't be giving advice after getting wrecked so hard ;[

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Congratulations on that piece of information happening to be in a readily accessible part of your mind in the moment you happened across the thread. What an achievement. Unfortunately, my overall knowledge dwarfs yours, so enjoy your ridiculously miniscule victory while you can, before you get ****ing wrecked round 2 (god I hope I don't get less now).
it's like the difference between not knowing 2+2 and not knowing Stokes theorem. one of those makes you "not an expert" the other makes you "a complete dumbass"

ballin was talking trash and got last place lol
when did I talk trash? i don't think i implied at any point that I would be good at this game hehe

LOOOOOOL

HAHAHAHAHAHA I'm ****ing ROLLING son. YOU were talking trash with THESE answers coming?

I was gonna make fun of some specific ones like Fox utilt, but then I realized pretty much all of them are goddamn hilarious so I can't even single one out. The more I look at your answers, the funnier they become.

HAHAHA Something tells me nobody is gonna be very impressed with your amazing knowledge of a single Yoshi move now ROFFLLLL

I'm not even mad I switched from Mario bair to Mario uair and Falcon low ftilt to Samus low ftilt at the last second, which would've been 4 more points (including Mario bonus point) -> tied for 4th place. My performance would be pretty embarrassing if ballin didn't make me look so good ;)

Don't let my trashtalking discourage you from participating in future rounds though :)
I wanna laugh at you some more

Congrats on winning by 4 points against me. You should be proud. Looks like your "overall knowledge" is dwarfed by 75% of the field though.

edit: after looking through the answers, it looks to me like Sangoku's judging screwed SK out of a point on number 2. so make that 5 points.

M!nt

Smash Champion
when did I talk trash? i don't think i implied at any point that I would be good at this game hehe
You were laughing at the people that missed yoshi down-b, i guess that's not really that much trash talking, sorry :C
edit: after looking through the answers, it looks to me like Sangoku's judging screwed SK out of a point on number 2. so make that 5 points.
no he didn't star king didn't say it was an air upb

The Star King

Smash Hero
it's like the difference between not knowing 2+2 and not knowing Stokes theorem. one of those makes you "not an expert" the other makes you "a complete *******"
Yoshi DownB: 4/8
Kirby USmash: 12/21

Looks like you failed something that seems to be even more common knowledge than what you're comparing to "2+2". Hm...

If someone like B Link or Fireblaster called me out I would just take it tbh. But you? C'mon.

Congrats on winning by 4 points against me. You should be proud. Looks like your "overall knowledge" is dwarfed by 75% of the field though.
It's not about points. It's about plausability.

All my wrong answers were said by someone else, while like 6/7 of yours weren't. Mine were more... plausible.

Yeah I got pretty exposed. And? I didn't call out people's errors round one. Only calling you out, because you did initially. And it's not like I said I'd win.

Anyway your response was way too serious sounding which is hard to respond to with "LMAAOOO"s and stuff so I had to take on a more serious tone ;[ I wanted the good times to continue

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Anyway your response was way too serious sounding which is hard to respond to with "LMAAOOO"s and stuff so I had to take on a more serious tone ;[ I wanted the good times to continue

you think I was being serious about a post where I indirectly called all of cobr, madrush, SK, and boom "complete dumb asses". c'mon now :)

and really i could've sworn you had posted previously about yoshi down B healing Ness in teams. for shame!

Kabutox

Smash Apprentice

5) luigi dash

Thanks for a good 15 minutes of laughter! That callout made it sooooo much better!

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Ah man I switch from fox fair to fox fsmash right before I submitted. I could've got 3rd! Oh well gotta go with first instinct

ballin4life

Smash Hero
how you gonna lol at me for getting wrong number 2 (at least someone else had the same incorrect answer) and number 3 (which only like 2 people got right) and totally miss loling at me for number 6 which was just horrendously wrong

also, I recommend not joining the next round and just continuing to lol after the answers are posted. trust me on this one.

The Star King

Smash Hero
bro, 3 is like a foot off the ground. face it, "pikachu dsmash" is hilariously awful. it doesn't matter how many people got it right.

1 3 4 5 and 6 made me hack up a lung from laughing (I can understand your answer for 2 I guess)

M!nt

Smash Champion
I think this is helping me understand moves and stuff lol

answers sent

Top Bottom