• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game and Watch Matchup Export: Snake

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
It's not like Snake has any options in that situation.

Edit: Wait, you don't mean edgeguarding, but spiking Snake out of Cypher? That I can agree won't be happening often. If this is the case, I agree with you.
i've been talking about that the whole time.

I only wanted you to pay attention to how G&W's upair interacts with the C4 recovery...
you should never have been in that position in the first place.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
smashes punish mistakes.

read an airdodge? get an fsmash. yes.

but i maintain that if snake is getting spiked, he's either bad, or playing badly.

if you can force gimps, then gw can do something that not even mk can do.
You guys are hilarious.

G&W's smashes don't punish mistakes, they punish reads. There's a very big difference. You can't punish anything I do on your shield with a smash, you can only smash me if you can predict an action.

Which is why, when I hit 70%, I go in to an extremely conservative quick-move-and-projectile-only camp game and usually tend to live to very high percentages against G&W.

:phone:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Because Peach especially is able to do that with her lagless moveset. Killing G&W early will be hard without getting smashed yourself though.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
If it helps you, I played similarly against Dueler X's GW as Ganondorf with remarkable success by simply staying out of GW's grab range and following a strict 'better shield too long than not long enough'-tactic. As long as you don't spotdodge or get your rolls predicted badly there really isn't much G&W can do to get the kill - just don't commit too much by trying to challange GW's baits and he's really out of options ... and I mean Dueler may not be the greatest GW player out there but I was ****ing *Ganondorf* and would easily survive for like 2 minutes each stock.

Virtually every character can play vs GW that way, which is why GW only wins more than +1 against bottom tier characters and earthbound kids. As for Snake, we have no reason to assume that he out of all characters can *not* play this way, except that GW has no room for error when it comes to hitting shield with the tip of his hitboxes and has 3/4 of his moves directly beaten by Snake's attacks. This match-up is +1 in Snake's favor only because GW has the right attributes to juggle Snake.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
No it's the opposite of theorycraft. Really, read the post again. It's the ****ing OPPOSITE of theorycraft.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It *is* happening. Otherwise you'd see GW players beating good non-MKs, which like never happens ever.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I play teams like once every four months. Pretty easy to jump back into it... but not after playing a bunch of Project:M.

Top Bottom