• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Galaxy lag issues

Kaname

Smash Rookie
i need to know how to reduce the lag i have on galaxy ,For instants it will be ok 1v1 but when i Team the lag spikes will jump to to 30 in one sec then it keeps increasing until i reset is it anything about my connection or is the the server causing it:ohwell:

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
Nothing to due with the server its your computer most likely. Project64k which i'm guessing you use, lowers the memory usage of games a bit but this causes ds sometimes, Also it does this to prevent whats happing to you right now. Smash64 required is 400Mhz with 2 players on pj64k. When 4 players comes in it raises to around 600Mhz. Which is getting close to the breaking point to were pj64k ds's like crazy. Pj64k normally ds's a lot around 800Mhz, this is why games like mario party don't work and why sometimes when you run some games you will see your emulator memory usage raise. I recommend,

Gamebooster - This program a lot of smash players use to cut off stuff they don't need on and when you click normal it cuts them back on.

CCleaner - Many uses main use is to fix reg errors and clear your cookies which after a while take up a lot of memory. Each webpage you visit is put down on your computer.

Also go in task manager and make project64 period high. This lowers the lag and raises the speed a bit.

Kaname

Smash Rookie
i appreciate the help but stuff like gamebooster doesn't work for me i have it and it didn't do anything for me same lag ,same results

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
i appreciate the help but stuff like gamebooster doesn't work for me i have it and it didn't do anything for me same lag ,same results

As I said, Its your computer. It can't handle so much memory usage being used at once and if its just pj64k and no other big memory usage programs are on then your computer is just too old and crappy.

Skrlx

Smash Champion

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
i think i solved his problem before you. just stop putting a bunch of big words together in hopes of making sense.

You posted at same time i posted my first post, Yours came first sense you didn't give any details on why.

DMoogle

A$
Unless you're already running it at the lowest resolution (320x240 IIRC, might be a little bit higher), run it at a lower resolution.

#1 surefire way to get an increase in FPS.

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
lol @ the dickriders in this thread.

I have a quadcore processor, 2 GB of ram, a ATI radeon hd 5770, comcast high speed internet, brand new router/modem. I get no lag or ping issues on any other server, except galaxy. Explanation?

If no one else has noticed either, I'm not the only one thats had multiple ping issues with the server. Something has to change server side. And yes I'm hijacking this thread for a mini rant because the server just ****ing sucks Matts!'s dirty kirby riding ***.

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman

I have a quadcore processor, 2 GB of ram, a ATI radeon hd 5770, comcast high speed internet, brand new router/modem. I get no lag or ping issues on any other server, except galaxy. Explanation?

If no one else has noticed either, I'm not the only one thats had multiple ping issues with the server. Something has to change server side. And yes I'm hijacking this thread for a mini rant because the server just ****ing sucks Matts!'s dirty kirby riding ***.

1. Enjoy your infraction
2. Galaxy64 is a horrible server true, They banned me.
3. Theres 1000+ servers that are unplayable on master server list so you just lied about no other ping issues on any other server.
4. Galaxy64 is in new york, If your ping is bad there then move to east side.
5. No one cares about Matts.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Comcast with full speed internet + windows 7, 2.2gb of ram, 2.15Ghz, 320gb of memory = #2 surefire way to get an increase in FPS.
Lol. That kind of hardware is below average by today's standards.

also, rawrimamonster is correct. Something is wrong with galaxy on the server side. I'm almost right next to the server, about 10 ms away ping wise, yet it keeps giving me 45 ping when I try to connect to it. Often the lagstat will also break and will literally give me 10 lag spikes per second to my lagstat even if the game is running at 60 FPS. After 1 or 2 matches I literally have over 9000 lag spikes in my lagstat. And I'm not the only one that has problems like this.

Kaname

Smash Rookie
i say **** the server and my computer i know both of them are a issue

Agent_21

Smash Apprentice

I'd be happy someone is even nice enough to waste his money on a virtual server and ask for no donations. You learn that when you talk to Firo for a while and start coding for the server. And it only makes it worser when you think you have the right to talk **** and demand something lol. If it was me I wouldn't be wasting my money on a kaillera server. And I live in Alabama and I get decent ping, in the 40s and I never have any lag issues, just random desyncs at times and that may be because my PC sucks. 1.6 GHz processer OC'd to 2.0 GHz, Nvidia 6150SE, and 1 GB ram (256 dedicated to GFX card, 894 MB usable by PC)

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
I'd be happy someone is even nice enough to waste his money on a virtual server and ask for no donations. You learn that when you talk to Firo for a while and start coding for the server. And it only makes it worser when you think you have the right to talk **** and demand something lol. If it was me I wouldn't be wasting my money on a kaillera server. And I live in Alabama and I get decent ping, in the 40s and I never have any lag issues, just random desyncs at times and that may be because my PC sucks. 1.6 GHz processer OC'd to 2.0 GHz, Nvidia 6150SE, and 1 GB ram (256 dedicated to GFX card, 894 MB usable by PC)
Lol I've played smash on a POS intel integrated graphics emachines with a 256 MB stock ram before and it ran smooth. It's not that I'm unappreciative of the server being there, but you cannot defend the kinda crap lag that ppl are getting, the other day someone spike over 10,000 times, in almost 6 years or so on kaillera I never saw that anywhere. Not emularena, Not sonic cage dome, not anti3d or even godweapon as busy as that is.

I wont say who because they're a decent player and no one wants to play someone they think is a lagger. But being honest, I'd rather not have a server there to play on at all than play in that kinda crap. :\ If you guys are having that much trouble, why not contact a professional or someone that really knows kaillera stuff deeply to help you guys? The only thing to hold you back from at least asking for help is pride. :\

Agent_21

Smash Apprentice
Lol I've played smash on a POS intel integrated graphics emachines with a 256 MB stock ram before and it ran smooth. It's not that I'm unappreciative of the server being there, but you cannot defend the kinda crap lag that ppl are getting, the other day someone spike over 10,000 times, in almost 6 years or so on kaillera I never saw that anywhere. Not emularena, Not sonic cage dome, not anti3d or even godweapon as busy as that is.

I wont say who because they're a decent player and no one wants to play someone they think is a lagger. But being honest, I'd rather not have a server there to play on at all than play in that kinda crap. :\ If you guys are having that much trouble, why not contact a professional or someone that really knows kaillera stuff deeply to help you guys? The only thing to hold you back from at least asking for help is pride. :\
There is no kaillera proffesional, I tried asking people who knew about net code to help none fool with kaillera, me, Firo, and Owna are the only ones who decided to fool with the emulinker server since Supra last touched it, I even tried asking Supra for help, not even he messes with kaillera.

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
in almost 6 years or so on kaillera I never saw that anywhere.

You haven't been on kaillera for 6 yeas im guessing now, /lagstat wasn't created till 2008 when Suprafast released the GOOD version of emulinkerSF. So if /lagstat wasn't made till 08 of course you never seen the /lagstat glitch before.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Simply put, yes there are sometimes lag spikes on Galaxy 64. Are the similar spikes on other servers? IDK because I only play on Galaxy.

Firo submitted a support ticket about the issue, and they were analyzing the server during peak usage times (last sunday when we had all of the WWL users too). I'm not sure what the results of the analysis are, but I'm telling you this to let you know that something is attempted to be done about it. And all in all, it isn't a *huge* issue though it can be a bit annoying at times.

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
Simply put, yes there are sometimes lag spikes on Galaxy 64. Are the similar spikes on other servers? IDK because I only play on Galaxy.

Firo submitted a support ticket about the issue, and they were analyzing the server during peak usage times (last sunday when we had all of the WWL users too). I'm not sure what the results of the analysis are, but I'm telling you this to let you know that something is attempted to be done about it. And all in all, it isn't a *huge* issue though it can be a bit annoying at times.

Actually, Sense you guys banned me i put a curse on your server. Only thing for you to do now is deleted the deny access to my ip ranges in firos config files. I recommend you go to his house and do it when hes not lookig.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
My ping on Galaxy was recently been increased from 140 to 156-160 :urg:
I wonder if its due to the server or the overall networks that produce a kinda worse latency suddenly

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
My ping has also increased, though in my case, from the 93-105 range to 120-300(wtf?) range. I initially thought it to be my router being stupid again, but if it's on the server's side, then that may explain it. Though it still doesn't explain my 300 ping.

Edit, nevermind. My router just sucks. "Ping too high: 713 > 325" is definitely a problem on my side :(

Kaname

Smash Rookie
My ping on Galaxy was recently been increased from 140 to 156-160 :urg:
I wonder if its due to the server or the overall networks that produce a kinda worse latency suddenly
i had times where i can get like 65 on galaxy but sometimes it drops to 125 randomly :ohwell:

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
This message is for agent.
RichTx32.ocx in emulinker X admin client says invalid.
Also
Emulinker.jar for Emulinker X 1.1 doesn't let me be able to /mute people in rooms.

Agent_21

Smash Apprentice
This message is for agent.
RichTx32.ocx in emulinker X admin client says invalid.
Also
Emulinker.jar for Emulinker X 1.1 doesn't let me be able to /mute people in rooms.
Lol you got it? Goodluck using it, don't know who gave it to you. That version is not meant for any server to use it but Galaxy so I'm not fixing any problems with it. I will talk to Firo about this.

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
Lol you got it? Goodluck using it, don't know who gave it to you. That version is not meant for any server to use it but Galaxy so I'm not fixing any problems with it. I will talk to Firo about this.
I got it to work I had to re extract it. I got emulinker from either brownout, the kangaroo guys, or the mexican guys sense they only ones with emulinker X. Have good time finding out, and Emulinker X admin client is nice, it features the thing were you type in the word you want out and it makes all kinds of close ways to that word i like that, but i got the admin client from NEAR.

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
i don't know what you're talking about

You banned me for 6 months because i got to the 0ping client. Then when i come back now im banned by firo. AS payback, i been giving emulinker X to everyone.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
k

i don't have anything to do with galaxy 64 nor emulinker x so just realize you're making emulinker x more popular

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
k

i don't have anything to do with galaxy 64 nor emulinker x so just realize you're making emulinker x more popular

Idc, sense firo wants to keep is so to him self ill make sure everyone has it encase he ever tries to sell it.

Agent_21

Smash Apprentice
Idc, sense firo wants to keep is so to him self ill make sure everyone has it encase he ever tries to sell it.
I am preparing Emulinker X v1.2 and the admin client so we can disclose the package to server owners who want it lol we don't want to keep it to ourselves it's just we are making changes to it and we want to make a stable version of the server and give server owners as much creativness as possible so they won't need to make changes to the source. Also, I'll talk to Supra to see if the admin client is closed source.

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
I am preparing Emulinker X v1.2 and the admin client so we can disclose the package to server owners who want it lol we don't want to keep it to ourselves it's just we are making changes to it and we want to make a stable version of the server and give server owners as much creativness as possible so they won't need to make changes to the source. Also, I'll talk to Supra to see if the admin client is closed source.
can i has the updated files? Sense my server is the best server in all of kaillera.

Top Bottom