• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Galaxy 64 ladder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Well, seeing as multiple people are interested in a ladder, I'll start a sign-up. I'll make a regional ladder (by continent), as well as a world ladder (for those who don't mind the lag that much).

Please put the following info if you want to join:

Name
Region (NA, Europe, Aus)
World? (yes or no)
Contact Info

Current applicants:

NA (16, STARTED):

1. JaimeHR
2. The Star King

3. MarioReincarnate
4. ImNotPro
5. PPS KoRoBeNiKi
6. SurriSama
7. Battlecow
8. Near
9. SSB64-Jel
10. Blue Yoshi
11. B Link
12. Gav
13. Sensei
14. Sharksquail
15. M15t3R E
16. Agent 21
17. Smasherx74
18. The Pawner
19. Pur3 Smash
20. th3kuzinator
21. SouPMario

Those with the same colour are challenging each other (unless the colour is white... which means they are doing nothing).

If someone is coloured black, they are on vacation (or other longish-term event that is preventing them from playing matches). People who cannot play for an extended period of time (please, nothing to long) can not be challenged by people, and when they come back, they will return to their position on the ladder. As far as other people are concerned, if someone above you is coloured black, you can challenge up to two non-black people above you (so, if the person directly above you is black, you can challenge the person two or three spots above you). Someone who is black can still drop if someone below them beats someone above them, so it's not a free bye.

Europe:

Aus:

World (7):

Blue Yoshi
A$
MarioReincarnate
PPS KoRoBeNiKi (?)
JaimeHR, BEEF!Man!, Lord of The BEEF!, MATTS' Apprentice!
The Star King
ImNotPro

For now, anyone can join. If a person is causing trouble, they will be removed.

RULES:

You can challenge two above (or below) your current position. If you win, you take that person's position (and other placements are moved accordingly).

It will be a standard tournament set. For all matches that do not include the top three positions, matches will be best of 3's. For matches involving the top three positions, matches will be best of 5's. (e.g. 6th challenging 4th is a best of 3. 5th challenging 3rd is a best of 5).

Neutral: Hyrule. If both players agree, Dreamland can be the neutral instead.

Counterpicks: Hyrule, Dreamland, Peach's Castle, Kongo Jungle, Saffron City.

You can counterpick a stage you have already won on (due to the small number of stages).

If you are challenging someone, post it here (so that others can know who is in a challenge), and then send a pm to the person you are challenging (since not everyone will check this thread all the time).

Matches can be p2p, server, or anything you guys can use to do your matches.

Once a challenge has been sent (via pm), you have 7 days to set a time for the match (if you both can play 8 days after the challenge has been sent, then play your match. This is just so that we don't have challenges that last months). If the set cannot be completed by then, whoever was responsible for the match to be not played will forfeit the set.

Once a challenge has been completed, the same two people cannot play each other again until one of them has played against a different person, or a week has passed. This is to prevent continuously challenging the same person.

You can only be in one challenge at a time (so if you are challenged by someone, you cannot challenge someone else. Likewise, if you have challenged someone, you cannot be challenged by someone else).

Can't think of anything else for now... so I'll leave it at this.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Name: PPS KoRoBeNiKi
Region NA
World? Depending on whether my computer's connection was fixed, yes. If not no
Contact Info: AIM, PM's, the Steam chat, Chess.com (wut)

Battlecow

Play to Win
Name: Battlecow
Region: NA
World: I'm not quite sure. Is world solely P2P? if not, where's the default server to play at? Probably a no.
Contact info: Smashboards PM (Preferred) and AIM: battlecow777 (also serves as email)

The Star King

Smash Hero
Wow I'm at #1, I'm so amazing at this game =D

Question: How much time does somebody get to play out a challenge?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Uh... lets say... a week? That should be a long enough time period for someone to complete a challenge. That said, try to do it before the week is over. The sooner the match is over, the sooner more matches can be done.

Star... tell me, what is your secret to being so good? :p

Battlecow

Play to Win
I've never been in a ladder before. Do we challenge on this thread, or by PM? is it one match, or a set? What are the counterpick rules? What stages are legal? if we win the challenge against someone two spots above us, do we switch with them, or simply move up one space? How long do we have to wait in between challenges? is there a thread I can go to to find the general ladder rules?

The Star King

Smash Hero
Star... tell me, what is your secret to being so good? :p
Never give up! Have faith in the power of friendship! Don't ever underestimate your opponent! Battle with honor! Remember, hard work always pays off! *more generic anime stuff*

MarioReincarnate

Smash Journeyman
you forgot to mention how long you have to wait to challenge again if you lost

and i'll go ahead and challenge Battlecow

I challenge YOU, Battlecow!

DMoogle

A$
There should be challenge lag times. E.g. if you lose a challenge, you cannot initiate a challenge for x days.

EDIT: Hmmmm maybe I should've read MR's post before making this one.

Oh yeah, and I'll challenge The Star King.

Battlecow

Play to Win
you forgot to mention how long you have to wait to challenge again if you lost

and i'll go ahead and challenge Battlecow

I challenge YOU, Battlecow!
What's this? a puny seventh-ranked smasher challenging ME, the almighty battlecow? HA! I'm #6 for a reason, you know!

Woops, too bad you didn't send me a PM. Clear violation of the rules. MarioReincarnate loses the challenge. ;)

Edit: just watched one of your combo vids. I'm scared.

Hey, can I challenge Imnotpro, even though I'm already in a challenge with MarioReincarnate? if so, I do so.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
How about one of the two must have played against someone else before both can play each other again?

And MarioReincarnate... I did challenge you, but looking ahead, I am busy this weekend. So go ahead with your challenge on Battlecow.

Battlecow

Play to Win
How about one of the two must have played against someone else before both can play each other again?

And MarioReincarnate... I did challenge you, but looking ahead, I am busy this weekend. So go ahead with your challenge on Battlecow.
So can I challenge Imnotpro even though I'm currently challenged by MR?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
No, finish your challenge match first. It would be pointless to challenge someone, but then lose your match such that you are too far away from the person to challenge them.

Edit: He probably didn't notice I challenged him... but either way, I'm busy this weekend and can't do my challenge, so to keep it going, I'll delay my challenge and challenge someone after your match.

Battlecow

Play to Win
You should probably unsticky that other ladder thread. Come to think of it, most of the stickied threads in this subforum (Competitive events) Should be unstickied. get on that, Yoshi

DMoogle

A$
I'll withdraw my challenge to TSK for now, since he didn't respond to my IM yesterday, and I'm going to be unavailable to play this week.

Battlecow

Play to Win
MR beat me 2-0

Tried to record but my software decided to be a monumental sack of ****.

Oh, and I CHALLENGE IMNOTPRO!

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
@ M15t3R E:

It's not too late to join, but since the rankings were already created, you will be on the bottom (but I want to start at the bottom, so I'll put you above me. Why do I like being in last all the time? :p)

@ MarioReincarnate:

Yes, even though you are now 3 places away, the way we did it in the past ladder is once you have challenged someone, even if you move down due to other challenges (like what just happened), your challenge is still on. If you win, you move ahead of KoRo. If you lose, nothing happens.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
You can challenge anyone at anytime, but you may not re-challenge someone unless one of you have played another match.

Challenges last one week. If a date has not been set to play out the challenge, whoever is responsible for making the challenge not go through will forfeit the challenge.

(didn't know which of the two you were asking, but that should answer it).

Edit: and since I'm not feeling the greatest at the moment, I'll hold off on challenging someone (no point forcing someone to be idle for a day or two).

Battlecow

Play to Win
*contemplates challenging JaimeHR*

*Laughs at himself and waits for the Koro/MR challenge to get over with*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom