• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gainesville, FL Power Rankings

Ereth

Murda Bidness

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
The list is a bit wrong, for the reasons I just Pm'd you.

I wanna say though, I think your efforts would be better used if we were to grab more people and just make a brand new PR for the state rather than region-specific. Its been almost 4 months now the old one and I dont know many ppl that are interested in updating it so your efforts would be better spent in creating a new FL pr :)

SxK

Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"
Tony just wanted to do one for Gainesville because he's active there.
he might not have enough knowledge of ALL the other players in the entire state for a statewide PR.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Oh I'd like to throw out a suggestion.

I think we should go to the gator smash nights or w/e on thursday nights and set up a stream. I feel like it'd get more ppl to show up if we set a stream up as well as it'd make me more motivated to come and id imagine others as well. Kinda like the streams you have here on smashboards from nyc smashfests or xanadu smashfests.

I'll try to look into how to set up a stream and such. Sounds good?

Ereth

Murda Bidness
Oh I'd like to throw out a suggestion.

I think we should go to the gator smash nights or w/e on thursday nights and set up a stream. I feel like it'd get more ppl to show up if we set a stream up as well as it'd make me more motivated to come and id imagine others as well. Kinda like the streams you have here on smashboards from nyc smashfests or xanadu smashfests.

I'll try to look into how to set up a stream and such. Sounds good?
That sounds great, I've been trying to get everyone to go for 2 weeks now

and help me with this damn list

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Will have my revenge on Gainesville as a city and the hoodlums it produces.

Ereth

Murda Bidness
True blue is in Miami. We have gatorlan random smashfests and now Dylan and my generic tournament name series

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Dolo should be moved up to 4th >.>

Oh yea I remember hiroi from a tourney few years back. Does he really live n gainesville? I never see that guy, wonder if he still plays smash or not.

And I dont remember Crodd although I think hes posted that hes played me before... If he has i havent seen him in the longest time then and it mustve been brief.. Should get these 2 to be active again.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
to point out how silly it is for a region of a state to have a top 10 PR when only 4 people on it are legitimately relevant to upper-level play

it's like Jax making a PR where we only have 2 at best (SAX not counted b/c reasons)

it's just a way for poorer players to feel accomplished (which is not good for their future improvement; leads to inflated egos or a jaded mentality)

(the CFL pr was definitely the biggest offender of this.. gallax wanted so badly to be relevant lol)

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Its mostly just to progress our current players and track our progress. For instance, since this was last updated, DOLOGOD420!!11 should probally be 4th or 5th, indicating that he has improved quite a bit since last month. Also Florida fails to update our PR and as far as I can tell doesnt plan on updating it.
So far its done more good than bad so Im in favor of keeping our PR :)

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
That's really not a fair comparison when only 3 people at UNF will/want to travel consistently. That wouldn't change if we had a list where the bottom 7 or 8 know they aren't relevant. Our community is simply infested with noncompetitive players who treat Sax and me like gods who cannot lose. They want to be as good as us instead of better than us.

The UCF/Orlando PR didn't help a damn thing b/c most of that region is still ass, btw.

North FL has always been the ****tiest region when it comes to a talent pool but that's not really the fault of anyone besides the fact that a lot of people in these cities (Tally, Jax, P-cola) simply do not care to play competitively. edit: or they are isolated from the state

Mike was ass a year ago and can now beat anyone in the state w/ ICs and his Peach has been shown to not be braindead.

Ved has made some strides since I've started playing w/ him often about a month or 2 ago (thanks to me becoming single).

Ereth

Murda Bidness
You realize that the car that we took to Miami was full of the only people willing to travel (for brawl) in gainesville. Hbox never plays brawl, lio will play casually, hiroi has fallen off the face of the earth, and the other people here aren't even on par with me. Were in the same boat. I guess you just gotta find people with the desire to get better, keep training Ved too btw. He's getting a lot better.

Top Bottom