• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~GA Locator Thread sponsored by The Mafia~

Raymk99

Smash Rookie
Raymk
Phone Nimber: 678-448-2737
Mains: Link/Fox
Location: Ball Ground/Canton GA, (I live close to both, weird boundaries lines)

bigman40

Smash Master
Alright, I'm going to be using this Locator thread to help out the community in a way no one has thought of.

I need people to list their number AND the internet provider so that I can send txt messages from my email to their phone about upcoming tournaments. I know it's not a lot, but it's something that might help out in slowly getting more people to come.

Also, for the people that posted on this already, can people help me get their provider? It would be a ton of help since I'll be setting up all of it on my own time and stuff.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Alright, I'm going to be using this Locator thread to help out the community in a way no one has thought of.

I need people to list their number AND the internet provider so that I can send txt messages from my email to their phone about upcoming tournaments. I know it's not a lot, but it's something that might help out in slowly getting more people to come.

Also, for the people that posted on this already, can people help me get their provider? It would be a ton of help since I'll be setting up all of it on my own time and stuff.
If you use yahoo mail you only need their phone number, and not the internet provider (unless they changed it or something). If you use Yahoo then you won't have to worry about the people that never get on smashboards (aka the people that rarely attend tournies). You have a really good idea though.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Tag name: NoSoup4U
Email: MBrupbacher@gmail.com
Main: Falco
you sound like a Seinfeld fan. Get at me.

Fantastic idea scatz! my number is already up.

internet provider: Comcast. (hope thats what you mean)

bigman40

Smash Master
If you use yahoo mail you only need their phone number, and not the internet provider (unless they changed it or something). If you use Yahoo then you won't have to worry about the people that never get on smashboards (aka the people that rarely attend tournies). You have a really good idea though.

I'll test Yahoo later today; thanks for that one. It's a lot better than the options I was looking up for last night lol. Still, I would want the phone provider in case something goes wrong and I have to switch (which would be a serious pain in the ***).

you sound like a Seinfeld fan. Get at me.

Fantastic idea scatz! my number is already up.

internet provider: Comcast. (hope thats what you mean)
No, the provider for the phone (AT&T, Verizon, Tmobile, etc.). I want those.

Anyone wants to test to see if this works?

Also, Jamaal, I would rather you make everyone's name on the OP the exact same name as on their account. That way if something happens, I can just go straight to their profile and PM them better than what the txt message system gives.

Edit: Lastly, if people prefer to receive email msgs, then feel free to post that up too. I'll send them to the most active place you guys check stuff, but I will not send to both email & phone unless someone asks me to.

wowoduend

Smash Journeyman
I would like to help Waba, but not yet.....maybe until i learn how to drive(poor high school student lol) or learn how to take buses(greyhound etc)

Trips707

Smash Apprentice
Since I did pm my phone # I might as well post it

Phone#: 678-463-9678
Provider: Sprint

I would like to be more active in GA, the only problem is getting a ride.

bigman40

Smash Master
So, I've ran into more problems while trying to set this up. I can't do it by BBQ's method or else it'll take me about 30min - 1 hr just to send a text to every person (which is time consuming, but it's probably the only one I can really do right now). If I choose to do BBQ's method, then I would be able to start implementing this as soon as the next GA tourney is scheduled.

The other way I was propbably gonna do it was by a software program that allows me to send bulk text messages to everyone at one time from the SMTP of my internet provider, but as expected, the SMTP of my college is locked (only teachers and staff can access it through a password), so I can't use it unless I'm at home. The software program also costs 45 bucks (just one time pay), and I don't have that money as of right now since I want to go to HERB 3 and FRXII.

Now, if people prefer the first option, I can just do that, but expect two messages (it's like a IM. Really stupid imo) if I were to send one text message, and expect the messages to take a little longer to get to everyone (iirc, it doesn't provide this option to all phone providers. so some will miss out). Or I can do option 2, where everyone would pitch in a few bucks so that I could purchase it and use it immediately. Now while I'm at college, I can give the registration code to another person and they use it while I'm at college (unless the next place I'm going for housing has separate internet, then this issue won't matter). I won't be back in ATL until March 12th, so you guys can think about it until then.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
You should do option 1 but only send the text messages to the people that rarely get on smashboards, since those are the people that won't know what events are happening. That should save you a lot of time.

Here are the people that rarely check smashboards and should be informed of tournaments:

Macktastic
Phone Number: 770-356-7890
Mains: Snake, Marth, Falco (brawl)

ScAtt
Phone #: 770-362-6885
Mains: Luigi, Snake (brawl)

BIG~L/Larry
Phone number: 478-718-8325
Brawl Mains: Falco,MK,Snake,and Fox
Melee Mains: Falco,Fox,Marth,Roy

Water
Aaron Corbitt
912-269-2417 (text first please x.x)
Fox/Marth/CF (Melee), I go around in Brawl.
Brunswick

Scooach
Phone Number: (706)-575-8186 (Cell, please text first)
Mains: (Melee/Brawl) Marth (Brawl + if it matters) Zelda

IC3R
Phone Number :: (678) 464-6477 [cell]
Mains :: Melee - Kirby, Falco // Brawl - Kirby, Zelda, ROB // Brawl+ - Kirby, Zelda, Ganondorf
Location :: Senoia--close to Newnan, Fayetteville, Peachtree City, Griffin

( . Y . )
Real Name- Mitch
Phone Number- I'll give it to you
Mains- Pokemon
Location- Lilburn son

Trips
Phone Number: pm me for phone #
Mains: Luigi/Ness

mercy
Phone Number: Hmm, I'll call you.
Mains: Pikachu(brawl)

Jeike
Phone Number: 1-478-361-5610
Mains: Mario, Mewtwo (Melee), Lucario.

Sooch
Melee: marth, falcon
Atlanta

Mars
Phone Number : 229-313-2396
Mains: Lucario, Ike, Marth, Pkmn Trainer(Ivysaur preference)

Zip.
Phone Number: 321-438-8115
Mains: Dedede/Wario(Brawl) Peach(melee)(horrible at melee -.-)

Lil' G (LilG912)
Phone Number: Uh, I'll call you instead.
Mains: Mario, Snake, G&W, and Kirby (Brawl)

hmp007
Name- Max
Phone- 678 478 6874 (prefer text, but if you gotta call then have at it!)
Main- Falco, falco and falco. (Melee)
Location- Marietta, GA

Kyd
Phone Number: 478-213-6586
Melee Mains: Fox, Falco, Marth
Brawl Mains: Sonic, Wolf
Brawl+ Mains: half the character select screen <-- this being better than Brawl, pwn

Tag Name-TBag
Real Name-Tommy Bagwell
Phone Number-770-262-6935
Mains-Peach
Location-Lawrenceville

karatekickz
joseph lanzot
912-320-7797
fox, mario, and luigi
hineville,GA

Kouki
Timmy Galfas
770 751 6734
Marth/ Falcon (Melee)
Alpharetta/Milton/Roswell

Tag Name: Oil!
Phone Number: 678-209-7638 (texts preferred)
Mains: (Melee only) Captain Falcon, Falco, Bowser

Tag Name: BigO
Phone Number: 678-234-1701 (texts preferred)
Mains: (Melee only) DK, Roy, Ganondorf, Marth, Mewtwo

Some people don't have their phone numbers posted. They asked for you to PM them but I don't see how that's going to help since they never get on smashboards. I guess the best you could do is PM them ASAP asking for their number, so if/when they check smashboards they can just send you their number.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
Tag Name: Joeysmash
Phone Number: pm me.
Mains: Brawl: Olimar, G&W

Id like to partake in many more tournies in the area, i just don't have a car yet. I want to go to Herb3 and im going to the MLG Orlando for sure.

raidos

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I am going to be in the Atlanta region sometime during mid or late April and was wondering if there was any smashers in the area that wants to play or possibly a tournament :p. I play brawl mostly but wouldn't mind melee as well.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Hey guys, I am going to be in the Atlanta region sometime during mid or late April and was wondering if there was any smashers in the area that wants to play or possibly a tournament :p. I play brawl mostly but wouldn't mind melee as well.
Cool i have family in Canada. I know how hard it is to get some smash things going in other states and such so aim me if u need any help. If you can get a specific location or town that might help since Atlanta is rather big.

lordaxl

Smash Cadet
whoa, I was actually lurking around to see if i could find a ga locator thread.. and here it is!

Tag Name - AxL
Real Name - David
Phone Number - askkk me fo it ho
Mains - Marth (brawl); Marth (melee) - i blow at melee; but i know how to wavedash! lawl
Location - Lawrenceville *when I'm home*;
Location 2 -Athens "UGA - school, where I'm at most of the year"

I used to come out to waba regularly when they first started hosting brawl tournaments but I stopped going cuz of college and stufff.. but I'm looking to play some competitive brawl fsho! are there any players in here that live in athens by any chance? I neeed training buddies x]

Purple

Hi guys!
Something i thought eveyrone should keep in mind, if i don't have your number, or no one is able to contact you and you don't come on smashboards often, that generally means you can't be updated on smashfests.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Hey GA ppls I'm a melee player from NJ and may be moving here soon and was just wondering how the smash scene is around the douglasville or atlanta area?

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Hey GA ppls I'm a melee player from NJ and may be moving here soon and was just wondering how the smash scene is around the douglasville or atlanta area?
It's a pretty good location. You're roughly 30 minutes from SPSU (in Marietta), where a lot of us play Melee. Melee people that usually play at SPSU are: myself, BigLou, Ovonte, Ron, Archaic, Chris, Naquan, Tubes, SleepyK, DashDanceDan, Rayku, Adam, and Davis. And we also host biweekly smashfests and sometimes Fullmetal shows up and hopefully more people like Soft, Mike G, and Merc.

You're also about 30 minutes from GA Tech, and they are going to host monthly tournaments or biweekly tournaments (can't remember) starting either this month or next month.

A lot of the really good smashers (Fullmetal, SleepyK, Mike G) live about an hour away from you. I think most of them live in Gwinnett County.

When do you plan on moving down? It would be sweet to meet another Melee person!

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
I'm not exactly sure when, hopefully by the fall but I know for sure I'll be down there before the end of the year. I'm just trying to scope out the scene before i get there.

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
AML?! or AML?
Angelo Lewis
770 312 MEAN
GnW Brawl Captain Falcon Melee
Stone Mountain

ReyDatNigg@

Smash Rookie
ReyDatNigg@
Phone Number: 770-367-0113
Melee Mains: Samus,Falco,Dr.Mario,Captain Falcon,Marth,Sheik
Brawl Mains: Ike,Lucas,Wolf,Captain Falcon,Samus,Lucario

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
i just realized i never did this =P

Tag Name: FATE
Phone Number: 678 925 4349
Mains: Random(brawl) captain falcon and peach(melee)
Location : apartment in gainesville, but sometimes stay in lawrenceville with the rents

btw, i'm horrible at melee but i love the game better than brawl

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Tag Name: ¡GTR! or just GTR
Phone Number: 404-769-5733
Mains: Snake, DK (Brawl) Fox, Falco (Melee)

meatpopsicle

Smash Apprentice
Phone Number: I'll message you
Mains: Fox, Marth

Looking for someone to play Melee with this summer. I can't drive that far but I might be willing to go out of my way to play whoever's down for some solid Melee sessions. I've been fiending out lately and I have no one to play seriously with. I need to work on my Fox, Falco, and Marth, my only decent characters, and I'll try hard to make it worth your while if we meet.

Let me know if you're interested, and PM me if you'd like to talk on AIM or something.

Peace.

meatpopsicle

Smash Apprentice
SPSU has a smashfest this Friday in Marietta, you should go
Thanks for the heads up, I'm checking out that thread right now. So is it Friday @ 7:30? On the thread it says Thursdays. Either way I'm down to go, if I could drive there. It's about 20 mins. from my house which isn't bad at all. Though I have to say I'm really only interested in playing Melee and not anything else...

D

Deleted member

Thanks for the heads up, I'm checking out that thread right now. So is it Friday @ 7:30? On the thread it says Thursdays. Either way I'm down to go, if I could drive there. It's about 20 mins. from my house which isn't bad at all. Though I have to say I'm really only interested in playing Melee and not anything else...
There'll be like 10 Melee players usually there.

Top Bottom