• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GA Counterpick Poll

Which of these stages do you think should be counterpicks in GA?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Desu requested a poll similar to FL's counterpick poll for GA smashers to decide and discuss what they want.

The poll is simple, there are 35 of the 41 ssbb stages up here (only 35 because you can't make a poll with more than 35 choices).

You can pick as many options as you want and vote, this way every player can submit their own counterpick list.

The total sum of the votes will then be taken to another thread where we can discuss the validity of the results as well as make any last minute changes.

Also the poll wont be up for a minute or two so just chill lol

The six stages i took off were:
Battlefield
FD
Temple
Green Greens
Big Blue
Onett

SaiRyo

Smash Cadet
Chalk one more for Brawl Yoshi's Island, I thought it was a vote towards its melee counterpart.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Among other things, I voted for Yoshi's Island as a counter pick but I wouldn't be bothered if it remained a neutral.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Why are smashville and yoshi's island options for counterpicks?
Those 2 slots could've been used for Onett and Green Greens....

Anyways, I didn't pick the 2 starter stages on the poll.

Who voted for every stage?
way to skew the results of something serious here.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Why are smashville and yoshi's island options for counterpicks?
Those 2 slots could've been used for Onett and Green Greens....

Anyways, I didn't pick the 2 starter stages on the poll.

Who voted for every stage?
way to skew the results of something serious here.
L2read. i JUST said that i voted for every stage.
also, calling competitive Brawl serious is a ****ing joke.

Saltix

Smash Lord
L2read. i JUST said that i voted for every stage.
also, calling competitive Brawl serious is a ****ing joke.
what if i voted for all of them?
I know how to read. You definitely didn't confirm that you voted for every stage. Its the internet. Not everyone can read the subtext -__-
No reason to screw with the people who take it serious then.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, the way I see it, no CPs or lots of CPs.

Either,
a.) Every character needs a way to *** it up on a lot of stages.
or
b.) No character should have a way to *** it up on a lot of stages.

That's the way I see it.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
The way I see it, stages that give certain characters an autowin for their CP need to be banned. For example, Jungle Japes is autowin for falco/campy characters. Some other stages that are potentially "autowin" are luigi's mansion, norfair, corneria, pirate ship, and meta knight.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I would really like to see your reasoning behind skyworld
Well, it gives the lighter characters more chance to survive, with more platforms, which will make it difficult to knock them off. As well, edgegames and planking will be affected by the platforms and the destroyable ledges.

Plus the Kid Icarus music is awesome.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
The way I see it, stages that give certain characters an autowin for their CP need to be banned. For example, Jungle Japes is autowin for falco/campy characters. Some other stages that are potentially "autowin" are luigi's mansion, norfair, corneria, pirate ship, and meta knight.
Jungle Japes is hardly an autowin for Falco/ROB. While not all characters have a good chance there (some characters who are weak when approaching from the air have special issues like snake, and olimar simply has problems with the stage) but for the most part there are a lot of solid characters on that stage. Donkey Kong, Lucario, Metaknight, Kirby, Falco are all examples of characters I would NOT counterpick to that stage. And Falco would be better off on FD or battlefield.

BESIDES you get one ban and a character counterpick. If you still manage to leave yourself in an unwinnable situation you obviously didn't pick metaknight like anyone intelligent.

tl;dr : FD, battlefield, smashville only

Edit: For the record Snake can beat ROB on Japes. IMO. It's just not terribly likely, Snake does have a few stuff he can do on this stage though.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Well, it gives the lighter characters more chance to survive, with more platforms, which will make it difficult to knock them off. As well, edgegames and planking will be affected by the platforms and the destroyable ledges.

Plus the Kid Icarus music is awesome.

Music is pretty cool but....

no tournament to my knowledge has ever let skyworld be legal. The main reason imo is the moving platform near the bottem can be camped to death of. For instance say you pick mk ( just an example) and you hit your oppenent once, you can run away to that platform and force them to come to you. Keep in mind in order for a counter pick to actually be allowd, there cannot be too much weight on relying on the stage to win it for you. Thats where the decisions are made to use one or not.

Umby

Smash Master
Music is pretty cool but....

no tournament to my knowledge has ever let skyworld be legal. The main reason imo is the moving platform near the bottem can be camped to death of. For instance say you pick mk ( just an example) and you hit your oppenent once, you can run away to that platform and force them to come to you. Keep in mind in order for a counter pick to actually be allowd, there cannot be too much weight on relying on the stage to win it for you. Thats where the decisions are made to use one or not.
Lounis, I think that was your 666th post. Congrats.

Some other things about Skyworld would be the Cave of Life issue, and if the bottom platforms break, someone could easily mess up their attack and fall through. Not everyone has a great enough recovery to make that null, and even then, the position that puts them in is apt to being punished by the waiting character above. Also up for argument is the broken platforms reappearing while you are still underneath it.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Radical Highway for CP! I hope PictoChat becomes legal, that stage is too fun. XD

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I don't think there is anything wrong with our current list of stages and we shouldn't change anything :o

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Lol, I think we got one vote within 24 hours. How long is this poll going to last?

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
If rainbow cruise can be a CP so should PS2. I love that stage. Its so cool.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
PS2 is ghey.

The air field is just plain fail, because anybody with half-decent aerials will start to ****.

The Ground field is pretty good.

Ice messes EVERYTHING up.

Electric is ghey unless you're on a platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom