• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G4S2 (Columbus GA, Jan.13) Happy B-day Wes

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Bringing in the new year with a BANG, this will be GA's first tourny of 07 so all you Ga smashers and OOS better show up. Plus its Wes' B day that weekend all more of a reason to come to this.

Address, Date, and Time:

CyberLANding
5870 Veterans Pkwy
Columbus GA 31904
Phone: 706-320-0500

Saturday, January 13 Registration begins at 11:00 AM EST, Tournament will begin promptly around 12:00 PM ESt, the building itself opens at 10:00 AM EST. (Please note the time zone, and adjust accordingly)

As a little help to find the place, when you arrive please note it is on a building complex around the corner. You will see an Everything Musical store, as well as a couple random shops like Papa Johns and American Buffalo. Go all the way around the complex, you should also be able to see the highway.

Entry Fee

10$ Singles
10$ Doubles (5$ per person)
5$ Door Fee

Prizes

Singles and Doubles

70% 1st
20% 2nd
10% 3rd

General Tournament Rules

4 Stock, 8 minute time limit for both singles and doubles

Games are done, Best of 3, Finals will be best of 5.

Pools will be done first with top 16 advancing to brackets, BOTH DOUBLE ELIMINATION
(pools for singles only obviously lol)

Doubles Team Attack is ON, LIFE stealing is allowed.

BYOC: I dont think this should be a problem anyways.

In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.

All decisions made by tournament officials are final.

Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at the staff's discretion.

Any sign of cheating will also result in forfeit of the game.

Any intentional forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate the brackets will result in ejection and possible suspension from future tournaments.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on one.

Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, DK64 & Pokemon Stadium

Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium and DK64

Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

Stages banned for Singles Only: Mushroom Kingdom 2.

Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City.

Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Kongo Jungle, Onett, and Great Bay.

No stage may be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series.

After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the series.

After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

Food and Drinks

Food and drink will NOT be provided, however we do have a cafe inside the building.

Anything from hotdogs to chips and candy to Bawls and Sprite, you should be able to find it. If not, there is a Papa Johns around the corner, as well as American Buffalo (You must be 18, or look 18 to get into American Buffalo... it's worth it trust me)

IMPORTANT!

We will offer free play on any open T.V for warming up and if you have been knocked out early and we have an open TV. HOWEVER! It must be used for SMASH ONLY. Also, you may only play if you have paid to enter the tournament. Spectators are not allowed to play.

You do not have to enter both singles and doubles, you may enter one, the other, or both at your discretion. Either way, the door fee will be paid.

Anyone wishing to use a computer or play a different game, it is your responsibility to pay for the time you use it. This is to prevent usage that we did not bargain for. T.Vs will only be available for other games AFTER the tournament is over.

G4S History:
Bobby: 203$
GA_Wes: 58$
Thief: 29$

Casa de ROFl (thief and moogle): 70$
Team Beard (GA_Wes and Bobby): 20$
Team Happy ( Blake and Rayku) 10$

Conclusion

I posted this 2 MONTHS IN ADVANCE so no johns to anyone who lives in GA LOL.

~Alpha

GA Peach

Smash Lord
man, why the hell do you people start these so early? i don't get off work until 1pm, so i guess you can count me out...i doubt i'll be able to get off work...

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Dammit how'd you know!?!? XD

Nah I've adjusted to my *sniff* loss I guess... *sniff*

lol anyways I'm glad you announced it now, because I was worrying other tournies might start up and we wouldn't get the date we'd like. (Notice the FL tourney on the same day, but screw them it's to far south XD)

Anyways, No John's GA, let's step it up for the 2007 Season!!!!!!!!

Edit this into the first post Alpha:

"At the last tourney, some people tried to switch out games. We have a guerentee free play for SMASH ONLY AFTER YOU HAVE PAID TO ENTER THE TOURNEY! Anyone caught trying to manipulate this by changing games, not paying the entry fee, or anything else that is completely wrong and against the rules I can't think of right now, WILL be asked to either leave, or pay the manager's set price. When the tourney is over ALL GAMES OF SMASH MUST BE ENDED, YOU CAN FINISH THE MATCH YOU ARE IN. (Exceptions only for MMs. those may be finished first) If you wish to play Smash after the tourney, speak with a manager and they will dish out details. If you wish to play any other game after the tourney, again ask the manager and they will dish out details. Thanks for the co-operation."

If there are any questions, you can post here and we'll get to them as soon as we can or catch me on AIM: GerbilMortar

GA Peach

Smash Lord
marty were do you work at anyways for you not be able to request off 2 months in advance?
AJC Distribution Division, bro. The paper, unfortunately, goes out 365/year. I have to work all weekends and holidays. I'm gonna see what I can do, though...

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I'm so gonna get around to putting this in my sig when I decide to not be lazy...

"Smash > Work. **** Paychecks, earn your money a gamer's way."

Or similar, who knows. :)

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Yo this is announced two months early to gain advantage on tourney dates. Now where is all the excitement at? We had a great turn out last time, and only a couple of tournies in GA have actually topped that, so if that's any indication, then you know we are expecting the same if not larger. Get pumped for this or else I'll have Wes Falcon Shank your *** or whatever it is that he does best...

Gerbil

Smash Champion
A flier for us of course lol. Sorry for getting back to you so late, but Alpha came over to deliver my daily smash *** wooping. It wasn't to bad of a beating today, I think I did fairly well, but I didn't win to many, and some matches that I should've won, I choked and lost. Oh well, there's always tomorrow and the next day lol. Here's the old flier so you can see what I need. Of course several things need to be changed, but those are minor. Relatively, the flier should contain the same info as seen below. I appreciate the favor man.

EDIT: As you can see, I retardedly clipped Marth's and Samus' feet on accident lol.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
epsilon when you make the flier make sure the info for teams is change to 70% 20% 10%. Gerbil is a noob and made it 80% 20% for some reason.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Several things:

1. On the old flier, Reflex made the text, not I, so I am not the noob lol.

2. Last G4S doubles prizes WERE 80% and 20%, I'm looking at the old rule set, unless you had decided to split it at the tourney itself, but I'm quite positive it says here Doubles 1st 80%, 2nd 20%.
As copy pasted from the saved copy I have: (note anyone reading this, this was from our old set, ignore it)

Prizes

Singles:

70% 1st
20% 2nd
10% 3rd

Doubles:

80% 1st
20% 2nd

3. On the new flier, Eps you have it saying 80%, 20%, 10% lol it needs to be changed to 70%

Otherwise, that is completely badass. If you could do me one more favor, the majority of those fliers are going out locally, so to save space if it's easier for you, eliminate the mention of the time zone. We only need the opening, registration, and start time.

But yeah other than that (sorry for the complaints, but I want it to be perfect man and you're definately the man to do it) it's ****ing badass. Thaks a mil Eps.

EDIT: Oh and Alpha, you're just upset that you placed third in doubles at START but didn't get any $ for it LOL.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
DOUBLE SAMUS!?!? Mannnnn what a bull **** matchup lol. Two Samus vrs Two Fox on Dreamland!?!?! WTFOMGBBQ!

Gerbil

Smash Champion
As long as conyers exists... then yes we will hit 50 pages >.<

And yeah I find that weird that Samus is the blackest, but I guess a black Samus for a black guy. XD

Oh and there is no way Columbus is to far off, we make the drive to SoD (both of them) and it was a no problem 2 hours. No show up no johns.

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
hmmm if this is bigger or as big as devotion seemed i might be able to get some of the FL smash scene up there. especially since after christmas im sure most of us will have the $$$

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
i womnt get lost this time....plus there wont be 50 pages :p
cus the oithers dont vissit the forums...and it sonly me basically plus snowman....and a new one named tomny who will be on the forums soon....

and smasu is balck cus...well...its random :p...i juts wnated all 4 to contrast differently thast all!

Top Bottom