• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G3S Mafia: XL-Edition | Day 5!

Maven89

Smash Master
Yeah I learned quite a bit from this game. My vote for Laundry over Jex was just because I felt more comfortable voting for Laundry over Jex, and never gave any thought to how that would look if Jex came up scum.

Also thought the Gunsmith role was more powerful then it was, and used it to bolster my read list on players. I thought Jdietz was null, everyone else said he was scum, I felt he was just inactive, so I investigated him. I don't remember exactly why I investigated Hardbody day 2, but it was largely the same thing, I couldn't read so I checked with my ability. Was planning on just coming in Day 3 and voting Hardbody, but since my Jdietz info was worthless, I figured, as an investigation role, I should get as much info as possible before I outed and let myself get NK. Plus, if Hardbody was scum and therefore bussed Jex like I thought, it would not be hard to imagine at all that he'd bus an inactive partner like KevinM, and since I felt KevinM was just going to be a wild card heading into end game I didn't stop the lynch. Never heard of a Framer/Tailor

Maybe props to Potassium, I never read him scum. Though I have to ask - why did you not hammer Hardbody as soon as Badwolf posted?

Town was hurt through poor use of power roles (me), bad mass claiming, and having the only real pro-town player we got from Day1 just vanished to never give thoughts again.

Ashemu

Smash Ace
if you frame somebody they scan as "guilty". this does not mean they have a gun

i dunno mafiascum style gunsmith sucks and is confusing. em style is better because free dayvigs

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
bwolf n ruy are whack for that. i was going to type up a post explaining that this setup was made for town to trip over itself with claims

...and it did! good job handing the game to scum without a fight yu two!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
First off, maven if you got a result like that don't hide it a day later.

Badwolf you need to do more when you are cleared.

Cool set-up gheb.

Maven89

Smash Master
Especially when said gunsmith confuses "possessing a gun" with "being guilty" ;P

:059:
Hardbody came into the thread and said he didn't have a gun and I was a fraud. My role said he had a gun. Removing all knowledge of something like a tailor (which I was not aware of)...what other option was there? Hardbody just never read their role PM?

My plan was dumb, but believing Hardbody was scum after he came in insisting he didn't have a gun and I was a fake? That made sense

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
if you frame somebody they scan as "guilty". this does not mean they have a gun

i dunno mafiascum style gunsmith sucks and is confusing. em style is better because free dayvigs
He doesn't "frame" anybody. He just manipulates the result of the gunsmith from "possess a gun" to "doesn't possess a gun" and vice versa.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I didn't hammer right away because I WANTED to endgame marshy. I was gonna bus Nabe and win the 3-man.

Tailor specifically "gives target a gun or takes it away."

Gheb should do quicktopic for scum chats. Now he can't post it.

JeXs your defense of me from bwolf ended up being superb distancing. Your mistake was clinging to a bwolf scumread when it didn't make sense to. When I asked you what you thought of him I was basically forced to bus you cuz of your answer.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I got lucky by framing marshkary. Thought they were a likely gunsmith investigate and I was right. Without that we probs would've lost or at least had a really tough time

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
Kantrip was scum and had you either way.
i was pushing a potato/nabe team. i only backed off potato when he didnt hammer when he shuldve. we still culd hav won had yall not gone HERPGUILTY and let me at least ****ing post like i asked. this is to badwolf as well but throwing games is his specialty. yu on the other hand there is hope for n it was ****ty

Maven89

Smash Master
You guys should check out the green room, a whole bunch of us were basically cheering for Hardbody the whole time. I was thinking they might pull it off, not only to win but also to make my mistake not so bad

Ashemu

Smash Ace
the standard tailor only affects cop investigations tho

mafiascum gunsmith is legit the worst investigation role to put in a set-up because there's no standard for it. you have to guess what the mod's definition of "has a gun" is. hell some mods consider cops to have guns... but some don't... so....

Kantrip

Kantplay
I really wish bwolf and Ruy didn't vote. I wanted to bus Nabe and go head to head with sons in 3 man lylo. Like, really bad.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
i was pushing a potato/nabe team. i only backed off potato when he didnt hammer when he shuldve. we still culd hav won had yall not gone HERPGUILTY and let me at least ****ing post like i asked. this is to badwolf as well but throwing games is his specialty. yu on the other hand there is hope for n it was ****ty
I ment either way if Kantrip played right my vote didn't make a difference.

Badwolf voting is what doomed town.

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
I ment either way if Kantrip played right my vote didn't make a difference.

Badwolf voting is what doomed town.
badwolf BEING TOWN is what doomed us. hes pretty much an honorary scum member regardless of his alignment

that said can we finally ****ing blacklist him? he goes inactive/helps the other team in EVERY game. **** is so ridiculous but ******* whiteknight him for whatever reason

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
badwolf BEING TOWN is what doomed us. hes pretty much an honorary scum member regardless of his alignment

that said can we finally ****ing blacklist him? he goes inactive/helps the other team in EVERY game. **** is so ridiculous but ******* whiteknight him for whatever reason
I white knight him because I believe in the best of people.

But this game and his endgame play....you were right.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
All Mafiosi had a gun
Maven, Laundry, Dietz and Ice & Fire also had a gun each

All uninformed.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
ayy remember when I ****ing hated Kantrip in RVS? xD
Btw, the setup is fairly simple. Since you complained about it in one of your posts. Most roles were just vanillas and the gun thing is one of them gimmicks that I use in almost all my games to spice things up.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I wanna talk about your set-up. Where did the idea come from and what were the decisions for each part?
Ask specific questions if you wanna know things please. I'm bad at answering vague and general questions like this one <_<

Last edited:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Btw, the setup is fairly simple. Since you complained about it in one of your posts. Most roles were just vanillas and the gun thing is one of them gimmicks that I use in almost all my games to spice things up.

I actually like this setup and think it is interesting (give or take whatever the hot nurse role does, please explain that :) )
that being said I don't think 4 PRs to 3 is very simple. eh.
whatever, still enjoyed the game.

edit; hot nurse is doc or block, says in the green room

Last edited:

Maven89

Smash Master
Why not? Is there a law that demands me to use the amount of investigative roles I used in my previous game?

I was under the impression people made mafia setups based on an idea or a type of balance/interaction between roles, and generally not because of "why not", so that's why I asked why there were two investigative roles

Last edited:

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Yeah I learned quite a bit from this game. My vote for Laundry over Jex was just because I felt more comfortable voting for Laundry over Jex, and never gave any thought to how that would look if Jex came up scum.

Also thought the Gunsmith role was more powerful then it was, and used it to bolster my read list on players. I thought Jdietz was null, everyone else said he was scum, I felt he was just inactive, so I investigated him. I don't remember exactly why I investigated Hardbody day 2, but it was largely the same thing, I couldn't read so I checked with my ability. Was planning on just coming in Day 3 and voting Hardbody, but since my Jdietz info was worthless, I figured, as an investigation role, I should get as much info as possible before I outed and let myself get NK. Plus, if Hardbody was scum and therefore bussed Jex like I thought, it would not be hard to imagine at all that he'd bus an inactive partner like KevinM, and since I felt KevinM was just going to be a wild card heading into end game I didn't stop the lynch. Never heard of a Framer/Tailor

Maybe props to Potassium, I never read him scum. Though I have to ask - why did you not hammer Hardbody as soon as Badwolf posted?

Town was hurt through poor use of power roles (me), bad mass claiming, and having the only real pro-town player we got from Day1 just vanished to never give thoughts again.
You don't need to worry about how you look for your actions, because town has nothing to hide. Its why I'm vastly more likely to tell people to **** off and let me work at my own pace.
Also it might just be me but I'd use an investigative(if i ever rolled em) to weed out my nulls and check my scumreads

Top Bottom