• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G3S Mafia: XL-Edition | Day 5!

Maven89

Smash Master
last thing i want every1 to ask themselves

"if i were a gunsmith and had a guilty do i under any circumstances let someone other than that slot live?"

"getting another investigation" is garbage cuz its not worth risking a townie lynch AND a townie nkill. yure sacrificing two townies for a CHANCE to find scum. its horse**** and inconsistent with...ya know...a town player
This doesn't even make sense bro. Me revealing myself would not stop a night kill. KevinM was null, I had no read on him other then you voting for him. It was either lynch KevinM or have Badwolf get Modkilled, we went with KevinM. I didn't hammer him, Gheb missed my vote. Unvote hammered him.

But I didn't out myself with my guilty read because it's a numbers game and I wanted to guarantee we'd win. I basically have.

Here's the current player list

1. Sons of Hardbody [marshy / Kary]
5. Red Ryu
6. Jdietz
7. Maven89
10. Nabe
11. Potassium
13. Badwolf

Badwolf and Potassium have been cleared town before. Jdietz is probably town. That leaves Ryu, me, Hardbody, and Nabe. I just cleared myself/Ryu and put you scum. That means that if you're not the last mafia player then it's 90% Nabe. If I had revealed myself yesterday, and everything somehow went perfectly, then that would leave KevinM, Nabe, Red Ryu, and Unvote in the lynch pool. That's 1 in 4. Now, after you get lynched, it'll be 1 in 2.

The game is basically won

Maven89

Smash Master
Even if I get lynched, and they NK Badwolf, the game would result in Lylo with Marshy confirmed scum. I find it very hard to imagine the town losing this game from this point

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
This doesn't even make sense bro. Me revealing myself would not stop a night kill. KevinM was null, I had no read on him other then you voting for him. It was either lynch KevinM or have Badwolf get Modkilled, we went with KevinM. I didn't hammer him, Gheb missed my vote. Unvote hammered him.

But I didn't out myself with my guilty read because it's a numbers game and I wanted to guarantee we'd win. I basically have.
youve provided an alternate explanation of events but weighing the 2 against each other itll still be obvious youre lying. but nevermind. im getting tired of talking to scum n karebears typing up a pretty post to make it easy for the town. i request town at least gives us that

also i doubt bwolfs vote on you is anything out of spite. hes not exactly my biggest fan either

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
Re-reading through Day 1, Red Ryu is who I'd lynch. He added no information and I noticed he tried a slimy defense of Jex

Unvote voted Jex, Ryu says:

then later

Then immediatly he flips and says "wow Jex looks bad", yet he never votes for him or expands on this and sits the rest of the push out. He also has a weird connection with Hardbody, and keeps reading him town despite never expanding on it.

@everyone else, what are your thoughts on this?

Also I'd say that I (probably) read Gorf correctly. I said he was avoiding the spotight and was pushing me to distract attention from himself, he might have thought I was scum but everything I said fits with him being independent, even if I thought he was mafia.
ooh wooorrrd i just remembered this gem

THIS WAS MAVENS FIRST POST OF D3. ITS INCONSISTENT WITH HAVING JUST FOUND A GUILTY ON MY SLOT AND DOESNT EVEN MENTION ME. IS THIS HOW YOU REACT WHEN YOU HAVE A GUILTY ON SOME1? YEAH EXACTLY

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
>gets guilty on x

says "hmm based off rereading i think id lynch y guys"

what horse****. you really picked the wrong dude to fake claim against

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy

Alright, boys and girls. Let's clear some things up.

#1 - Comments & Replies

I wanted maven yesterDay and you were insistent that kev was 100% scum and had to die. You don't get to call me trash this game, I've been doing fine. Just because you, a scummy slot who has been wrong on most things, are on the table doesn't give you permission to be a ****
Aight. First off it ain't fair to to call you trash so I apologize. Your play has been fine this game, good even. That being said, we haven't been 'wrong on most things' and I still don't even know why we're that scummy. Ya Orbo and Kevin flipped town, and personally I'm sad Kevin didn't get vigged which would probably have been the end of it. But neither of them were playing stellar, and we have lynches for this sort of thing. It's not a big deal.

#2 - Even Better Arguments

last thing i want every1 to ask themselves
"if i were a gunsmith and had a guilty do i under any circumstances let someone other than that slot live?"
"getting another investigation" is garbage cuz its not worth risking a townie lynch AND a townie nkill. yure sacrificing two townies for a CHANCE to find scum. its horse**** and inconsistent with...ya know...a town player
I just want to expand on this point a bit.

a) If you were a gunsmith and you had a guilty, would you want another result? Maybe. Would you explicitly state who to kill if you die at night... ? Maybe not. Would you then proceed to live through the night?

Not being funny here, if I was scum and I saw Maven post that... maybe I'd shoot him before he cleared Ryu? Maybe.

b) What did Maven actually do yesterDay? Well I can tell you one thing, which is he didn't even vote for us. Then when the possibility of a KevinM lynch popped up, he 'reluctantly' voted for him. Is that really the correct way to play when you have a guilty result on someone? Not even try to lynch them?

#3 - But none of this makes sense

You know, I thought of that one actually. That's why I didn't jump in at the start of the Day. This play doesn't seem like good numbers from a scum Maven. But then again, I'm not convinced Maven is actually any good.

What I can tell you is that we're 100% town this game, and if there are two mafia left, you can happily lynch us and get Maven tomorrow. Go the **** ahead if you really want to. Personally I don't think it's worth taking the 3 player Lylo. But yeah.

You know what isn't true? That Maven is clear off some ****ing questionable play.

#4 - Why would Maven do this as scum?

Here's 3 off the top of my head:
1. He's bad
2. He thinks he can pull it off.
3. It's an intentional bus.
4. Maybe he isn't, I'm not the one with the 'result'. But then why is his play so grody in this light.

#5- Full disclosure

Hey @ Maven89 Maven89

Why'd you target us Night 2? What was it about our play that made you suspect us?

Why'd it take me asking this for you to explain it?

How do you feel knowing you're gonna die sooner or later?

#6 - Y'all can't handle me right now

But I'll take questions if you like.

Maven89

Smash Master
ooh wooorrrd i just remembered this gem

THIS WAS MAVENS FIRST POST OF D3. ITS INCONSISTENT WITH HAVING JUST FOUND A GUILTY ON MY SLOT AND DOESNT EVEN MENTION ME. IS THIS HOW YOU REACT WHEN YOU HAVE A GUILTY ON SOME1? YEAH EXACTLY
I explained that. I did believe Ryu was your scum mate, I wanted to see how you'd respond. Your response to it made me think I was right.

The rest of your post directed towards me is nonsense, I'm not going to get into a wall argument so you can distract people. But I did vote for you yesterday, and I did mention to kill you if I die in the night. Yes, I'd live, obviously, because it appeared to just be "crazy maven nonsense" and nothing for you to worry about. I mean right now you're showing that you think I'm dumb and can't handle an actual argument against you, hence why you kept me alive. You just didn't know I was the gunsmith and had hard facts that you were scum.

And yeah you alone are not good enough for me to get myself killed on, I wanted to get more information before I outed myself. All I had was you (already under group suspicion) and Jdietz, and Jdeitz either being a hunter or scum was already common knowledge. With the comparison cop dead, I am the most important town role left. It'd be stupid for me to out myself without getting as much information from my role as I feasibly could before needing to reveal any of it. Ryu being town is good enough for me.

How does it feel to know that even if you lynch me I'll show up the gunsmith and your faction lost the game?

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
How does it feel to know that even if you lynch me I'll show up the gunsmith and your faction lost the game?
LOL!

youre even bringing the quips. you get an a+ for acting my friend

iight i want everyone to know this. to believe that maven is telling the truth you need to believe 2 things

that both a comparison cop AND a gunsmith are in the game. some1 tell me why the **** gheb puts in 2 hard investigative roles like that when comparison cop is MORE than enough on its own. ghebs all about simple setups not throwing a ****load of investigatives into the game

that he put in ZERO effort into lynching his guilty yesterday and put his survival before lynching his bingo

like...do i even need to explain how ridiculous the latter is? his counterargument is that he was tryna seal another investigation but HES FORFEITING A TOWNIE GETTING LYNCHED OVER ME. WHAT THE ****

he provided some reasoning as to why his reads were what they were but dont fall for that bull****. i was MORE than lynchable yesterday n most people agreed that it shouldve been me or kevin so im confident he couldve pushed my lynch without even having to out himself. he didnt even try. every1 knows that if you have a guilty on a player you do everything in your power to get them lynched not **** around like he did

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
i will. it just pisses me off that no consideration was put into analyzing mavens play. it was just "GUILTY LYNCH!" despite him not being on the scum wagon and his play yesterday was ridiculous for a legit guilty to have. im also mad that people would buy this claim despite our already really powerful investigative role having flipped
I'm strongly thinking about this.

@ Maven89 Maven89 if you know Hardbody had a gun why didn't you claim it?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Comparison cop is a powerful role, another role like that with 2 other millers for a "gun cop" might have made sense but how he reacted to it in regards to day 3 makes no sense. If you have a guilty claim it, don't dance around it.

But maven calling me to die then doing that.

I want Nabe's result ASAP.

Maven89

Smash Master
I'm strongly thinking about this.

@ Maven89 Maven89 if you know Hardbody had a gun why didn't you claim it?
I mean I answered that, but to state it again in a more concise format: I wanted more then 1 semi-useful investigation (hardbody already on most scum reads) before I outed myself.

Jdietz had a gun (hence my early Day 2 vote on him), but he turned out to be a Hunter. So my investigation just says that he's either scum or town gun role, which we all already know. Useless information. Hardbody is scum, good. But I wanted more. Getting one more investigation into the game would essentially clinch it, instead of just improving our odds. Instead of going for the first down, I went for the touchdown. I had hoped it'd be a scum read, but a town read was good enough.

I mentioned in Day 3 that I had Hardbody scum 100%, and that I was waiting for the next game day to make my "big post". The "big post" was a lie, I was hoping Hardbody would read that and just shake their heads instead of worrying.

that he put in ZERO effort into lynching his guilty yesterday and put his survival before lynching his bingo

like...do i even need to explain how ridiculous the latter is? his counterargument is that he was tryna seal another investigation but HES FORFEITING A TOWNIE GETTING LYNCHED OVER ME. WHAT THE ****
Yep, I did put my survival over KevinM. KevinM was a sacrifice. You lynched and flipped scum wouldn't confirm him town because you'd be more then willing to bus an inactive scum partner. If you were bussing him, good, because then he'd die and you were already found out. If you weren't, good, because KevinM is null to everyone and inactive and might have messed up a later lynch when it mattered, or almost worse get himself mod killed and end a day. KevinM should not have gone into end game. I don't think anyone disagrees with this.

I already had you scum. As long as you were still out there not realizing you'd be investigated, you'd continue posting thinking you were puling the wool over everyone's eyes. By keeping you alive and not outing my investigation I was letting you continue posting in the hopes of finding your partner.

Let's go through the options here. Either

1. I'm a dumb townie who just has a gut read and made up the Gunsmith role to trick people

2. I'm scum who made up the Gunsmith role to get Hardbody lynched before dying myself

3. I'm the Gunsmith

Option 1 makes no sense, because I'm doing more then just pushing Hardbody but also did a complete 180 on Red Ryu. Why would I lie and confirm Ryu as town and Hardbody as scum is I was a townie making the role up? Especially Ryu, I had him scum yesterday. Where would that come from?

Option 2 also makes no sense with the Ryu claim. Ryu is right up there for a lynch, he's included in Unvote's pool of candidates, if I'm scum you're town and you've said Ryu is suspicious. Why would I go out and confirm a player a lynchable player as town?

Option 3 is the only one that makes sense.

Maven89

Smash Master
I did assume there was no information added outside of it

was your double vote a joke or was that an actual power you have?

Maven89

Smash Master
So I'm confirmed to not send the kill out.
No, you're confirmed town

My scum read, most to least town

1. Red Ryu
  2. Potassium
  3. Badwolf
  4. Jdietz (these last two are basically equal)
  5. Nabe
  6. Hardbody
Potassium I 100% read as town, Badwolf and Jdietz are town lean, Hardbody confirmed scum, Nabe is left mainly through POE and that he's a roleblocker. Low but possible chance that either Jdietz or Badwolf are actually the scum instead of Nabe

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Pfftttt I'm town lean after ****ing 3 Days of literally everyone calling me townconfirmed and almost allowing myself to be modkilled.

100% logic right there son.

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
so can people realize that a gunsmith in addition to a comparison cop is horse**** and lynch maven now? please dont tell me i have to actually engage this nonsense

out for now

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
im also going to remind everyone that both laundry n gorf wanted maven gone. gorf was indy but that just gives him more perspective as to whom is scum n i could tell he genuinely wanted maven gone and laundry speaks for itself. go with the confirmed innocents here yall

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
oh and obvtown bwolf wants maven gone as well

basically all the non mafia people want maven to die. dont complicate this ****

Maven89

Smash Master
Overall, Hardbody? It doesn't matter if you convince them to lynch me. My death will only confirm you are scum and Ryu is town, because I am the Gunsmith whether you want to believe or or not and my death will flip it. Even if you NK Ryu this night that still leaves you, Badwolf, Potato, Nabe, and Jdietz. You gonna die then, and even with a NK it'd be three people left the next day. That's where it gets risky, but the chances of Nabe or the correct scum being lynched are high. You lost this game, son, whether you convince them to lynch me or not

Maven89

Smash Master
I'd like someone other then Hardbody/Nabe to please explain what they think the scum motivation behind my claim and overall d3 play would be. I haven't seen anyone even try to suggest why I'm scum

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
Overall, Hardbody? It doesn't matter if you convince them to lynch me. My death will only confirm you are scum and Ryu is town, because I am the Gunsmith whether you want to believe or or not and my death will flip it. Even if you NK Ryu this night that still leaves you, Badwolf, Potato, Nabe, and Jdietz. You gonna die then, and even with a NK it'd be three people left the next day. That's where it gets risky, but the chances of Nabe or the correct scum being lynched are high. You lost this game, son, whether you convince them to lynch me or not
:rolleyes:

"i am gunsmith whether you want to believe it or not"

even your language betrays you. theres nothing to "believe" for me from the scenario where you are town. you lack the certainty your would be result would give you were it legitimate

and yeah bwolf i realize im dead on a maven townflip but that wont happen

Maven89

Smash Master
So Badwolf's doublevote was real and I am at L-1

Huh

Well if Nabe hammers him being scum is confirmed along with Ryu's towniness and Hardbody scum

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
I'd like someone other then Hardbody/Nabe to please explain what they think the scum motivation behind my claim and overall d3 play would be. I haven't seen anyone even try to suggest why I'm scum
i already quoted gorf n laundry

its time to stop lying to the people

Maven89

Smash Master
:rolleyes:

"i am gunsmith whether you want to believe it or not"

even your language betrays you. theres nothing to "believe" for me from the scenario where you are town. you lack the certainty your would be result would give you were it legitimate

and yeah bwolf i realize im dead on a maven townflip but that wont happen
Are you really having to scrap the bottom of the barrel already? This is exactly what Gorf tried and one of the reasons you voted for him. No, my language did not "betray" me. I'm leaving it 100% open that you think I'm some dumb townie who made the role up. You already said you thought this might be the case earlier.

Top Bottom