• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G3S Mafia: XL-Edition | Day 5!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
no. youre ****ing trash and i am going to let you know if you plan on flushing this dayphase down the toilet

WHY THE **** WOULD TOWN HAVE A COMPARISON COP AND A GUNSMITH? THAT IS OP AS ****. STOP FALLING FOR A GUILTY CLAIM AND ACTUALLY USE YOUR BRAIN
Also my one and only warning on this.

Act like this again and I will infract your main account(s) of whoever did it, Marshy.

Don't cross that line again.

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
Anyone else notice how wacky a coincidence it is that of all the people Maven could have targeted Night 1, he picks the only player that he wouldn't get a useful result from?

And that player also claimed without prompting at the start of Day 2?

huh

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
Are you really hoping people will think Gorf/Laundry actually mentioned my role claim when they died the day before I even started to hint at it?
no. youre saying "someone explain why im scummy" and im reminding the town that 2 (competent) players who were not of mafia alignment have already done the legwork

Maven89

Smash Master
I said "please explain the scum reasoning behind what I'm doing". No one has done that. Not a single person. No one has even tried. So yes, if you're going to vote for me, please explain how you think what I did benefit's the scum. Please explain how it makes more sense for me to be scum then for two investigation roles. And why, if I was scum, would I claim an investigation role when one is already out there? For what purpose would I do that? How would it help me at all? Answer these questions. When you realize you can't you understand why I'm town.

Red Ryu, explain more. Why

And sigh, Marshy. Gorf was not town, he was trying to get anyone lynched but him. That's blatant, you can't try to retcon him into being town and try to insist you're going to be following him, not when you were behind his lynch, as well as the driving force behind KevinM's lynch. Laundry also, despite your attempts at lying, Laundry was not gunning for me. Here's his latest post

[quote="#HBC | Laundry, post: 17910229, member: 187411"I
That said, I think Maven's play is a little more excusable than Gorf's. I can see why he flipped off Orbo, I can see why he flipped onto me (his other option was to hammer), I can see why he's argued with Gorf a lot--Gorf's an instigator, after all. I can't see why Gorf would do the things he did though, unless he's doing them as scum. I certainly can't agree to him saying "Dietz was a minor scumread" when as soon as the wagon starts to disappear, his immediate reaction is "the Dietz wagon's finally dissipating!"

If Gorf flips town, I'll shoot Maven tonight.

:186:[/quote]

And yet here I am, and Gorf didn't flip mafia. So are you still going to insist that Laundry was secretly gunning for me? Because it's pretty damn clear he ended without me being a priority, if he was still scum reading me at all.

I don't think people read, so I'll answer your question again. Why didn't I push you? Because you were already flipped. You dying added no new information. KevinM's lynch did. Town needed more to clinch it.

And again, while I'd be very very disappointed in you guys if you actually lynch me, the game is largely won anyways. As long as you can find out whose scum between Potato, Jdietz, Nabe and Badwolf the game is won whether Marshy pulls off some stupid "lynch the gunsmith who found scum" move.

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
I said "please explain the scum reasoning behind what I'm doing". No one has done that. Not a single person. No one has even tried. So yes, if you're going to vote for me, please explain how you think what I did benefit's the scum. Please explain how it makes more sense for me to be scum then for two investigation roles. And why, if I was scum, would I claim an investigation role when one is already out there? For what purpose would I do that? How would it help me at all? Answer these questions. When you realize you can't you understand why I'm town.

Red Ryu, explain more. Why

And sigh, Marshy. Gorf was not town, he was trying to get anyone lynched but him. That's blatant, you can't try to retcon him into being town and try to insist you're going to be following him, not when you were behind his lynch, as well as the driving force behind KevinM's lynch. Laundry also, despite your attempts at lying, Laundry was not gunning for me. Here's his latest post

[quote="#HBC | Laundry, post: 17910229, member: 187411"I
That said, I think Maven's play is a little more excusable than Gorf's. I can see why he flipped off Orbo, I can see why he flipped onto me (his other option was to hammer), I can see why he's argued with Gorf a lot--Gorf's an instigator, after all. I can't see why Gorf would do the things he did though, unless he's doing them as scum. I certainly can't agree to him saying "Dietz was a minor scumread" when as soon as the wagon starts to disappear, his immediate reaction is "the Dietz wagon's finally dissipating!"

If Gorf flips town, I'll shoot Maven tonight.

:186:
maven said:
And yet here I am, and Gorf didn't flip mafia. So are you still going to insist that Laundry was secretly gunning for me? Because it's pretty damn clear he ended without me being a priority, if he was still scum reading me at all.

I don't think people read, so I'll answer your question again. Why didn't I push you? Because you were already flipped. You dying added no new information. KevinM's lynch did. Town needed more to clinch it.

And again, while I'd be very very disappointed in you guys if you actually lynch me, the game is largely won anyways. As long as you can find out whose scum between Potato, Jdietz, Nabe and Badwolf the game is won whether Marshy pulls off some stupid "lynch the gunsmith who found scum" move.
maven...you have gone completely insane with what youre saying at this point. the scum motivation for what youre doing? gee i dunno...BAGGING A MISLYNCH ON A TARGET EVERYONE HATES? are you seriously trying to argue that an investigative fakeclaim is out of the realm of possibility for scum when its realistically the easiest mislynch they can push? i will GLADLY explain why youre scum as opposed there being 2 investigatives

http://smashboards.com/threads/tv-allstar-mafia-game-over-mafia-wins.259018/page-6#post-9271316
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...ved-happily-ever-after-in-muppet-land.270441/
http://smashboards.com/threads/tales-of-symphonia-mafia-game-over-town-wins-yayuhzz.282017/
http://smashboards.com/threads/castlevania-mafia-game-over-mafia-and-traitor-win.289312/page-24
http://smashboards.com/threads/ducktales-mafia-game-over.305677/page-21
http://smashboards.com/threads/final-fantasy-ix-mafia-game-over-who-won-o.307679/page-44
http://smashboards.com/threads/newbie-mafia-14-ovah.310371/
http://smashboards.com/threads/g3s-mafia-day-4-starts-deadline-1st-feb-11-59pm-cet.317763/
http://smashboards.com/threads/g3s-3-taste-of-vanilla-town-wins.326369/
http://smashboards.com/threads/g3s-mafia-4-game-over-town-wins.342279/

SURPRISE! gheb has NEVER put in more than ONE investigative role in a game outside of bad idea mafia which doesnt count due to its unorthodox nature thus the setup needing it. heres a fun fact for you. ryker actually fakeclaimed comparison cop in ff9 just like how youre fakeclaiming gunsmith here. pretty crazy isnt it? heres another fun fact. gheb has never used a gunsmith before while he HAS used a comparison cop. i wonder why your role flies so hard in the face of history here huh?

and i CAN point to gorfs and laundrys issues with you. yes gorf wanted to push a lynch outside of himself but if he didnt really think you were scum hedve just gone with the flow that day n pushed whatever lynch was popular at the time. he SPECIFICALLY went out of his way to point out your play against the grain of towns direction. the post i linked to earlier with laundry had him saying he believed there to be at least one scum between you and someone else (dont remember) AND he considered vigging you...you are toasting some serious walrus if yure tryna push an angle that he didnt dislike your slot. do you want me to pull up quotes? i will do it

and youve given your reasoning for not pushing me. its an alternate explanation that you will of course cling to in hopes of fooling town. i have confidence that when they put themselves in the shoes of an investigative role theyll tell themselves "yeah idve just pushed the guilty for a lynch not all this extra stuff" cuz occams razor applies here hard

youre done maven. youre dead. vote yourself. post your role pm. i was tryna chill this game but youve unleashed the hardbody

Maven89

Smash Master
So you're hoping people will believe that a 2 man scum team would out half of their members in order to get a single mislynch on a slot people were already suspicious of?

Occams Razor does apply here. Either I'm completely insane and have acted with no rationality behind it the last two days, or I'm the Gunsmith.

Hint: I'm the Gunsmith.

Maven89

Smash Master
Hardbody that's my last post to you, you're scum, you know it, and no childish insults you throw will change that. Your insults to Potassium were disgusting, you already know that he's 100% right but you still just sat down like a child and screamed at the guy.

Any member of the town has any questions I'm more then willing to answer

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well here's some good news for you guys

I am the Gunsmith. N1 I investigated JDietz, he has a gun. N2 I investigated Hardbody, he has a gun. n3 I investigated Red Ryu, who does not have a gun.

I almost came out and told everyone yesterday but I really wanted to get one more investigation in, but was afraid of getting NK or something and having my Hardbody read gone. Hence all of my "sorry I don't talk to scum" posts, knowing if I got flipped during the night people would pile on Hardbody, while at the same time trying to keep it as "crazy Maven nonsense" in the hope that Hardbody wouldn't consider NKing me.

I was suspicious of Red Ryu, but turns out he doesn't have a gun at all

Everyone pile on Hardbody

Vote: Sons of Hardbody

ur tyrn now boi :denzel::dazwa::dazwa::dazwa:

I just looked back at D2 start. why didn't you come out of the gate swinging at me instead of waiting for 3 other people to vote me of their own choice if you saw I had a gun before I claimed.

Maven89

Smash Master
I just looked back at D2 start. why didn't you come out of the gate swinging at me instead of waiting for 3 other people to vote me of their own choice if you saw I had a gun before I claimed.
Because I needed to re-read before I made a post attacking you, and wanted clarification on Jex's role. I also had Blazblue going on at the same time and was focusing on that, so it took me some time before I went an re-read before I could vote for you. Just coming out of the gate voting for you without having anything to back myself up on right after refusing to hammer Jex would have probably resulted in me being lynched.

I didn't have a read on you D1, you were largely inactive, though other people kept saying you were scum. I couldn't read you, so I investigated you. When you came up with a gun I had to go back and re-read before I made my post, but wanted a quick clarification on Jex's role to see if there were multiple mafia factions or some other game reason Jex would have had a traditional cop role (as I thought). I was still in Blazblue where D1 was winding up, I was more focused on that game then this one, and so didn't just start re-reading immediately.

Maven89

Smash Master
I'm very disappointed in all of you, I was expecting Jdietz at least to be the voice of reason like he was with Gorf vs me.

Either way, my lynch confirms Hardbody is scum and Ryu to be town. That forces the game into Lylo, but apparently no one wants to critically think and just go with "lol two investigation roles". No one has yet to explain how it makes any sense for me to be scum and do what I did. The only person to even bring that up was Potassium. Potassium has played the best out of all of you today.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Because if we believe you, lynch hardbody, then lynch you you've forced lylo when the alternative was likely your own lynch.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm glad you thought you had to though, it made everything a lot easier.

And hey if you're town then great we lynch Hardbody and probably Nabe and win. But you ain't town.

Maven89

Smash Master
Because if we believe you, lynch hardbody, then lynch you you've forced lylo when the alternative was likely your own lynch.
Why would it be my lynch and not Hardbody? You just said you re-read, so you can't pretend to be relying on Hardbody's sparknotes. Hardbody was the clear choice today, he spent almost all of yesterday pushing for KevinM's lynch, and even specifically said "you can lynch me after KevinM flips".

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Because I would have pushed for you toDay anyways after Gorf flipped Indy instead of Mafia. I'm not faulting Hardbody for KevinM's inactivity, I was his hammer.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Strawman harder, it will get me to stop voting you eventually.

The only way you come off that argument actually looking good is if Gorf flipped mafia. Surprise: all those points he made don't go away when he flipped Indy. You probably haven't played enough to know, but Indies want mafia dead as much as town do, it makes it easier for them to stay alive.

Maven89

Smash Master
Eh, I thought my play through, and outside of some d1 and a little d2 stuff I don't regret what I did. Should have breadcrumbed early on, never even though of it. Mistakes of someone new. But me claiming Day 3 as soon as I had Hardbody would have resulted in me getting lynched anyways, at least this time I got Ryu confirmed town to make it easier for your lylo. Though I really hope you guys play better then than you did just now.

Doubting that Potassium will come in here with a good post and save me from the horribleness that's going on now, so I'm basically resigned to just dying.If you guys force it to Lylo, then fine. Just play better then you just did right now. Becuase no, you guys played like you ride the shortbus. I came in with an investigation role, gave you guys both scum and a townie, and you turned around and lynch me.

Vote: Maven89

No more need for distractions. It's clear I'm dead anyways, if Ryu or Potassium didn't hammer me Nabe would, and Badwolf/Jdietz don't seem like they're even open to budging, so I'll speed it up and hammer myself.

Yes, I am the Gunsmith. Yes, there were two investigation roles. Yes, Hardbody is scum. Yes, Hardbody took a **** on a plate and told you guys it was steak, and you all gobbled it up while telling him how good it tasted. That just happened. You guys just did that. I really, really hope you put more thoughts into your votes when it comes to Lylo or else we lose.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I really wish you didn't quick hammer because I was going to reread all that happened today and wanted to see reactions.

If you seriously didn't out that guilty on Marshy when you had it, you really should have.

Maven89

Smash Master
Now that I did that I slightly regret hammering myself as the gunsmith, that was pretty childish. Either way, it was going to happen and I didn't want to wait for Ryu/Potato/Nabe. Maybe now you guys can get some twilight discussion in about how bad you all were

I am bitter, yes

Maven89

Smash Master
Feel free to respond with how dumb I played, I'll read it and I'm sure there were many mistakes I made that I was unaware of. But nah, I was going to die. I think that was pretty clear. Sorry Ryu, but the only thing you'e done was say you'd vote for me and liking Hardbody's posts where he said I was confirmed scum. This made me think you were going to hammer me. Either way I doubt you'd have changed your mind

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
lol what? the self vote and the salt?

are you really gonna flip town and make this difficult for us tomorrow? If so, nice tunnel, sucks 2 be you.

Maven89

Smash Master
And yeah, I disagree Ryu. If I had come in Day 3 the same thing would have happened, without you being confirmed town when I die.

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
LMFAO

the salt has reached a new level. dude are yu really lying post hammer doe? this is some insane acting

for the record every1 i actually AM town n am shocked at how hard maven is going in on this

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Now that I did that I slightly regret hammering myself as the gunsmith, that was pretty childish. Either way, it was going to happen and I didn't want to wait for Ryu/Potato/Nabe. Maybe now you guys can get some twilight discussion in about how bad you all were

I am bitter, yes
you should have waited, scum at most had 2 left based on numbers, I think this is GG unless someone has some salvation from the last two left.

Like seriously what made me really not believe you has one was how you went gun hoe on me despite having that result on Marshy. If you just went on Marshy first I would have believed you more and not debated this from the start.

You should have outted right from the start on day 3 given the flipped Combat Medic and claimed Hunter.

Uggg..oh well. I need to be more forceful and active.

Maven89

Smash Master
you should have waited, scum at most had 2 left based on numbers, I think this is GG unless someone has some salvation from the last two left.

Like seriously what made me really not believe you has one was how you went gun hoe on me despite having that result on Marshy. If you just went on Marshy first I would have believed you more and not debated this from the start.

You should have outted right from the start on day 3 given the flipped Combat Medic and claimed Hunter.

Uggg..oh well. I need to be more forceful and active.
Because I was trying to bait Hardbody. I figured Hardbody was confirmed scum, even if the town didn't know it, and therefore it would be better to keep him around and try to bait a reaction out of him to find out who his partner was. I actually thought I had done that and it was you. I had no idea that a second investigation role was apparently so strange, if so I might have claimed earlier. Either way the town is not in that bad of a position despite going to Lylo. You're confirmed town, in my mind Potassium is confirmed town, Hardbody gonna die before Lylo, leaving only a few people left. Nabe is almost definitely the last remaining scum but there's a chance it was Badwolf, only because Hardbody bussed Jex. Jex's push into Badwolf might have been an attempt to make people go "no way they're aligned" that backfired and resulted in Jex's death. Or it could have been a purposeful bus. I'm leaning Badwolf town. I was going to investigate Nabe this night on the off chance the mafia just forgot to send a NK in.

Top Bottom