• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G3S Mafia: XL-Edition | Day 5!

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
at the time i AGREED with the first two, and had absolutely no reason to disagree with the last 3. adding orbo and myself into the mix, thats seven names being thrown around. itd be inherently selfish to throw around an eighth, and thats why after i shared my findings about maven i held back. its not like my suspicions just stopped existing.
no but your reads are about as apparent as an sjw's self-awareness.

:186:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
my reads essentially align with

*gulp*

kantrip's. you dietz nabe bwolf unvote kantrip town, kev hardbody ruy null, orbo maven scum

Maven89

Smash Master
dietz with all due respect what the **** are you talking about misrepresenting his posts? the fact that he called rajam by rajam and thought he was in the game would never cross anybodys mind at first glance.
Nope, it crossed several people's minds, including Jex. I then acknowledged before you posted that I wasn't aware Rajam was in Unvote. It also does not make sense to think that I'd immediatly respond to Unvote's posts by saying "unvote doesn't post at all".I was specifically voting Rajam, not unvote. All of that makes it pretty easy to see I didn't realize Rajam was in unvote.

at the time i AGREED with the first two, and had absolutely no reason to disagree with the last 3. adding orbo and myself into the mix, thats seven names being thrown around. itd be inherently selfish to throw around an eighth, and thats why after i shared my findings about maven i held back. its not like my suspicions just stopped existing.

"oh wow eight people have been brought up for consideration that's too high a number for mafia players to keep track of, I'll just sit the rest of this day out and have no say in the discussion." - Gorf

Does anyone really think that sounds like Gorf? Does anyone really think that makes sense?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Okay... caught up.

And screwwww that reach war. It's like I'm watching a dhalsim ditto.

...Buuut since it's pretty darn important: I think after the dust settles I dislike Gorf's approach to this a little more than Maven's. It's hard to disagree with Laundry's assessment that a scum read should be voiced, and while Maven wasn't the pinnacle of pushing someone it still felt like he was actively bumping around against slots feeling out ideas while I was committed to the murderhole even if none of them got a major push. That part is highly debatable. There were a LOT of reaches from both sides here, but I can't help but notice that Gorf seems to be misrepresenting Maven's posts throughout the game a few times more than I've liked to see from a case that's supposed to be town pushing on scum instead of the other way around.

Here, if you read Maven's post he says "like so many posts" the first time. Even after Gorf pushes on him for the misread Maven just apologizes that he didn't notice it was wrong (it wasn't), and explained what he meant and his mistake. I'm not sure why this was a big deal to point out to Gorf, but chainsaw defense wasn't on my mind and feels like a lame reason to bring this post up in the first place.

You didn't seem to mind me or Nabe doing it nearly this much. Not enough to shoehorn specific semantic meanings to paint a picture of the slot as far more variable than I think it was anyways.

The irony of the first paragraph of this quote being a strawman about his motivations on Orbo while Orbo was gone is not lost on me. I don't think anyone caught flak for largely disregarding Kev while he was V/LA, it's hard to push what isn't there so early.

What's more important to me is that I don't really agree that the push on Laundry was most likely scum-motivated. Laundry was being evaluated for some pretty reasonable suspicions by Nabe at the time (ironically also for potentially putting the brakes on Jex), enough that I felt like I could make good use of my time backing that push up since Jexs already had all the votes it needed. I don't see why I should assume someone else couldn't come to the same conclusion, even if it ended up making us look bad for seemingly abandoning the lynch afterwards when Laundry didn't let anyone talk that part out before the scumflip. I'm willing to be wrong, but if you were Town here Gorf you tried way too hard to push a bunch of real tenuous stuff too late. I just don't see Maven as being this big bad slot that needs this much thrown at it this badly.

Vote: Gorf

If Gorf flips scum I want Potassium Roleblocked and Vigged. I can't quite articulate why, but lately Gorf and Potassium have slowly drifted to becoming "good" with each other when not much else has really changed between the slot's other picks. I just feel it in my bones.

If Gorf is town, I'll leave it up to discretion if this shiz was just a bad push by Gorf or actually holds merit.
Dietz has a pretty solid assessment of what's going on. I feel a little more conflicted because I do see where Gorf's coming from on his Maven suspicion--I thought that flip onto me was weird and off and I don't like the tit-for-tat he and Gorf have played most of the phase.

That said, I think Maven's play is a little more excusable than Gorf's. I can see why he flipped off Orbo, I can see why he flipped onto me (his other option was to hammer), I can see why he's argued with Gorf a lot--Gorf's an instigator, after all. I can't see why Gorf would do the things he did though, unless he's doing them as scum. I certainly can't agree to him saying "Dietz was a minor scumread" when as soon as the wagon starts to disappear, his immediate reaction is "the Dietz wagon's finally dissipating!"

If Gorf flips town, I'll shoot Maven tonight.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
dietz with all due respect what the **** are you talking about misrepresenting his posts? the fact that he called rajam by rajam and thought he was in the game would never cross anybodys mind at first glance. i legitimately thought he was talking to unvote, but looking back i can see the mix up about it. notice how i never brought it up again.
in your first real post describing your suspicions of him, you quote him being stuck in rvs and then didn't even mention that whatsoever, instead spinning it to be massively reaching. you don't analyze why he's still playing like that whatsoever, it just looks like you took whatever you posted and tried to make it fit into your agenda.

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
i am posting to say ive read gorf vs maven n that id still go the former b4 the latter. id also encourage a kevin shot shuld gorf b innocent. i wuldnt cry over a maven shot either cuz hes in my null pile n i give no ****s about collateral damage right now

karebear wat do yu think of gorf vs maven? wuld like kevins opinion on that if he gets a chance to catch up

out

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Prodding Badwolf

Dietz [1] - Red Ryu
Maven89 [2] - Badwolf, Potassium
KevinM [1] - Orboknown
Gorf [5] - Laundry, Sons of Hardbody, Unvote, Maven89, Jdietz43

Not voting: Gorf, Nabe, KevinM

Takes 7/12 to lynch.
Deadline: last minute of November 5th.

:059:

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
I'm completely on board with your reads marshbro. I don't have any specific comments about maven v gorf yet because I took one look at it and it put me to sleep. Ill catch up in a bit. I do find it interesting that it apparently took gorf 60 posts before he got to having any reads.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I think what's happening here is Gorf has some legit points and some less legit points. I can see how in some cases he is reaching to justify his opinion and misrepresenting mavens play but besides that his play has been so townie whereas mavens has been grimy.

Someone tell me what I'm missing with gorf, please. Besides over extending with his maven case what has he done that's scummy?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
i think everyones being a moron and not giving maven enough credit for his obvious competency about how the game works.

Unvote

chaco|rajam
"Day 2:

Finally, the pressure is gone, and it means I can leave for a while. Probably they'll lynch me tomorrow anyways, but hey I gain some time right?. Keeping this facade of town sure is hard, specially when I know everyone else is town and there is nothing I can push legitimately. I can barely say "this and this guy are scum", but that's it; can't offer much reasoning when I know all I'd tell are lies, and if they catch on it... just thinking on it shrouds me in fear. Hope they forget about me, at least today, and since there's nothing I can really talk about, the best way to survive is just disappearing.

- Orbo's Journal"

That unvote guy... why is he so damn good... When I grow up I want to become like him. MVP Unvote.

Unvote

chaco|rajam
ok guys, test time is over. We leave Orbo unpressured, and he goes away... Can we go return to him now? Gorf vs Maven is better to check deeply during Night imo

UNVOTE
VOTE: ORBOKNOWN

Unvote

chaco|rajam
So I just finished my reread on Ice & Fire slot but sadly didn't found much. He was just pushing Laundry at the end of yesterDay and added JDietz later to the "should die" list. Barely (aka, nothing at all) any mention on the controversial slots like Orbo, Nabe, KevinM, Gorf, Maven, HB&S. If I'd have to guess, the NKill on I&F was most likely a reputation kill + an attempt to add more fuel to the possibilities of lynching Laundry or Dietz toDay.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Can we lynch Dietz and have him shoot Gorf now?
why are you so fixated on lynching dietz? The fact that you want the shot to go off means you think him to be town and are perfectly willing to have a 2 for 1 loss on our end in a best case scenario. Me no gusta
I feel like this response only furthers my point. Could you please talk about something that's currently relevant directly instead of picking the things you can respond to with "yes/no" matter of fact responses and leaving the rest of the blanks empty. Now would have been a great time to voice your opinion on Me + Laundry toDay.
I'll respond what and to i want to.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
ok guys, test time is over. We leave Orbo unpressured, and he goes away... Can we go return to him now? Gorf vs Maven is better to check deeply during Night imo

UNVOTE
VOTE: ORBOKNOWN
Real life me says **** off
Internet me says quit yer goddamn tunnelvision I'm in the ****ing army woth no wifi and limited data

Maven89

Smash Master
Orbo would you be fine replacing out since it's so difficult to have you post? I understand 100% that you're in the army, but it's causing a problem for the game and it's likely going to kill you off here soon.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I reread.

Kantrip and Badwolf still sit in my mind as not mafia. I can't see either of them being scum with JexS.

Maybe Hardbody but like Laundry has said, he could have bussed and that would have been very good forsight on Hardbody's part to see that coming and to be ready for that jump. I've seen his pushes and directions, I'm not as concern about him right now but given more information and flips.

I see no reason to distrust anything in the claim mess that is Nabe/Laundry/Dietz. I still want Dietz dead before lylo because he's a hunter.

No repeats on Laundry getting blown up by S2 as mafia bomb!

The more likely liar in the claim mess is Nabe, but I haven't seen a major issue in his play there. Hardbody vs Nabe is telling at least that I don't think either are linked to the same scum team.

Kevin is just straight up not here. Orbo is posting and I do not see what he has posted that is scummy. Some latish info sure but nothing really standing out as scummy.

Gorf has been sitting in the background without a real push til Maven came up, I can more so see where it might be coming from if he is town but I still don't trust the Gorf side more than the Maven.

Vote: Gorf

If we're not offing Dietz to kill someone, I'm lynching Gorf.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
5 hours until deadline

Maven89 [2] - Badwolf, Potassium
KevinM [1] - Orboknown
Gorf [5] - Laundry, Sons of Hardbody, Maven89, Jdietz43, Red Ryu
Orboknown [1] - Unvote

Not voting: Gorf, Nabe, KevinM

Takes 7/12 to lynch.
Deadline: last minute of November 5th.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Orbo would you be fine replacing out since it's so difficult to have you post? I understand 100% that you're in the army, but it's causing a problem for the game and it's likely going to kill you off here soon.
I'm posting. I'll stay in hecause i started rhe game. Theres enough to read me by, regardless

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Maven89 [2] - Badwolf, Gorf
Gorf [7] - Laundry, Sons of Hardbody, Maven89, Jdietz43, Red Ryu, Potassium, Orboknown
Orboknown [1] - Unvote

Not voting: Nabe, KevinM

Gorf [Independent Arsonist] has been lynched.
Night 2 begins. Send in all Night Actions within the next 48 hours.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Orboknown [Vanilla Townie] has been killed during the Night.
Washed Laundry [Town Combat Medic] has been killed during the Night.

Badwolf received his second and final prod.

Day 3 starts. With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
Deadline: last minute of Saturday, Nov. 15th

Last edited:

Unvote

chaco|rajam
VOTE: KEVINM

marshy goes next (or toDay) regardless of flip. Everyone else is pretty much clear or one tier below in the "has to die" department. Will detail soon.

@ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ If Bwolf is prodded again will he get modkilled? If yes, at what time is he scheduled to be prodded again?

@#HBC | BadWolf let's lynch scum

Top Bottom