• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G3S Mafia #4 | Game over - Town wins!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Zen, go **** yourself telling me to read ****. Joey is the play I want with a side order of Magic Bounce and you should instead help me waste them. Pretty sick of you going into la la land every time I'm tryna body someone on D1.
Dunno what to make of this, main reason I want you hypermasoned is because I can't gauge you ATM.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I've had doubts on my other scum picks, you haven't really done a clear 180 for me.

Also from a gut standpoint I think you're scum because your play matches closely to what I did in KvK, made fake content from speculation and tried to meet in the middle for scum reads. But that's my gut.

Objectively to me I still don't think you've changed my thoughts on your own play with keeping your cards close.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Tomarrow is Mylo if we ML and two townie die isn't it?

That'll put us at 8 players, 2 scum, 1 traitor.

Another mislynch goes to: 7 players, 2 scum, 1 traitor.

From there it all depends on how the N2 night actions go.

Losing two more townies basically ends the game: 5 players, 2 scum, 1 traitor (scum outvotes town)

Losing only one more townie puts us in LyLo: 6 players, 2 scum, 1 traitor

If we go with the hypermason option, then we risk losing 3 townies in the night, putting at...

7 players, 2 scum, 1 traitor (at which point we'll have a pretty good idea who one scum is)

Of course, we we hypermason and only two townies die (including the mason), then there's a whole ton of options that I'm not going to list here. Having a vig, rb, mason, and mafia doc in the game brings in a lot of variables. @_@

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
I've had doubts on my other scum picks, you haven't really done a clear 180 for me.

Also from a gut standpoint I think you're scum because your play matches closely to what I did in KvK, made fake content from speculation and tried to meet in the middle for scum reads. But that's my gut.

Objectively to me I still don't think you've changed my thoughts on your own play with keeping your cards close.

Makes sense. I can't really argue much with guts reads.

I don't think there's a strong enough case on me toDay, as Potassium already pushed pretty hard and couldn't make the case stick. If we're both still around D2 and you want to make an updated case, then go for it.

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
Uh just one so that if you die we know who it was a result of. If you make it between the three, then we wont know anything.

Ohhhhhhhhh..... I totally misread your post describing what was happening.

Hypermason: Masq

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vote: Xatres

Let's roll. We really need to end the day like as soon as possible.

Sokr and Joey please do your hypermasons while you're here (one name) and vote Xatres.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
If Xatres happens to be traitor, then Sokr is town and Kantrip is mafia. Just pointing this out in case he does actually happen to flip traitor. Earlier he was making the traitor-kantrip, Sokr mafia case while setting up a lynch on Sokr while indicating that the suspicions on Kantrip would be gone upon a Town Sokr flip.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I don't think there's really anything to get from a town flip.

Come on though guys there's too many unvotes/scattering. No lynch is mad lame.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
FroMarsh, can you give me a little reasoning for everyone to hop on the bodybag express? It'll be really helpful to understand some of your thought process rather than being too hasty,

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
I don't think there's really anything to get from a town flip.

Come on though guys there's too many unvotes/scattering. No lynch is mad lame.

Lol, then why do you keep changing your vote?

I'm fine with either a Sokr or Potassium lynch. I think there's a lot to learn from either of their flips, town, scum, traitor, whatever. I'm still not terribly thrilled with FroMar's play, but people seem to think his meta checks out (kinda? I have no idea?).

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Vote: Xatres

Let's roll. We really need to end the day like as soon as possible.

Sokr and Joey please do your hypermasons while you're here (one name) and vote Xatres.
We got 19-18 hours left I think.

Why the sudden change on the strict lynches and you making large pushes?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
i'm actually gonna be super stubborn and say that i will only hammer one of Kantrip/Sokr today.

These are by far teh best options

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Makes sense. I can't really argue much with guts reads.

I don't think there's a strong enough case on me toDay, as Potassium already pushed pretty hard and couldn't make the case stick. If we're both still around D2 and you want to make an updated case, then go for it.
I don't know your meta solo.

Off memory, reading from phone at work FML, I recall you doing a lot of speculation, I don't mind this too much like your last post is something to consider if people keep grouping a lot of vig targets and Mason targets together.

The thing is you've been doing this a lot, like Chib levels of speculation. This is something I abuse in wacky set-ups, it lets me skate away with fake content as scum. You've been doing it more than I am comfortable with. Talking a lot about the ifs with no info on D1 or even sometines D2 doesn't help town really. The last dice you posted has more meat to it, but off memory you're been delving into this and keeping reads more closed off as a result.

It bugs me.

Formar sort if doing? Not a fab either but I kinda see more where his head is but it's still a tough call. That is why I want him masoned over shot.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
@Red Ryu: Self-preservation aside, I really don't think I'm a good play for toDay. Zen himself said that there is very little to learn from me flipping town. Not only that, but the only significant case made against me never really held up or drew attention, and the person who brought the case forward in the first place has backed off.

Pushing for a Xatres lynch right now based on your gut feels and Zen's concerns over the no lynch scenario isn't going to help town at all going into D2. I'll flip town, and you'll have nothing to show for. The scummier looking people will still look scummy, the inactives will still be inactive, and FroMar will still be FroMar. At best someone will be able to make a case against Zen for wagon hopping and pushing a bad lynch.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
I don't know your meta solo.

Off memory, reading from phone at work FML, I recall you doing a lot of speculation, I don't mind this too much like your last post is something to consider if people keep grouping a lot of vig targets and Mason targets together.

The thing is you've been doing this a lot, like Chib levels of speculation. This is something I abuse in wacky set-ups, it lets me skate away with fake content as scum. You've been doing it more than I am comfortable with. Talking a lot about the ifs with no info on D1 or even sometines D2 doesn't help town really. The last dice you posted has more meat to it, but off memory you're been delving into this and keeping reads more closed off as a result.

It bugs me.

Formar sort if doing? Not a fab either but I kinda see more where his head is but it's still a tough call. That is why I want him masoned over shot.

Ninja'd

I can understand your reservations if my town meta looks similar to your scum meta. I think I'd probably be suspicious in the reverse situation as well. Unfortunately, since you admit you don't know my town meta well enough, you still don't have much to go on. :-/

If you'd like to find some none speculative content, take a look back at my posts reguarding Potassium and Sokr (individually and together), as well as my post on Rake pressuring Scary. These were all cases of my actually showing my hand and giving people my reads. While I did speculate on exact roles in my Potassium case, that speculation was based on firms reads of his play and his established duoship with Sokr.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Rake, what info do we gain on Sokr's lynch. I've seen the Sokr wagon for a while and I've honestly never understood the reasoning. I think Kanty explained it but since he's one of the slots being played up for a lynch, I'd like another point of view.

Magic Bounce

Smash Apprentice
Aka, both heads are here and are currently rereading the last 5 or so pages. One head has still yet to read Sokr in-depth and both have been in-and-out for the past day and a half. Time to stop being lazy.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Nextly if sokr flips scum that almot directly implicates Kantrip as he's had this really ****ty wifomy defense going that I was attributing to kantri thinking that he's the **** when he's reading sokr.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

It gets all the same information a xat lynch essentially does, information visa vie intent of the people not pushing and the people pushing. we can look at how the wagon formed and deformed and generate some discussion and in the end we're gonna lynch some ******* and make some money.

Savvy ?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Ruy as I said I'm down to lynch who you guys want @_@.

I guess I wont move it after this even if it will result in no lynch. I wonder how many times I've voted today :bee:

Vote: Kantrip

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Lol, then why do you keep changing your vote?

I'm fine with either a Sokr or Potassium lynch. I think there's a lot to learn from either of their flips, town, scum, traitor, whatever. I'm still not terribly thrilled with FroMar's play, but people seem to think his meta checks out (kinda? I have no idea?).
Vote Potassium now then mate.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Zen himself said that there is very little to learn from me flipping town.
No I mean there's very little to learn from anyone flipping town. Unless it's like one of the TvS scenarios I mentioned.

You don't really make many connections from town lynches imo.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Vote: Potassium

I believe that's L-2.

I'd like MB to get a chance to get his post out before we hammer. Not because I'm looking for the votes to swing (again), but because I'd like his thoughts on the table before the Day ends.

Top Bottom