• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G-rev Monthly VI, March 6th, Connor's B-day tourney!!!!!! Bring setups!

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Yeah

More commentary with Fly

What everyone secretly wants ;D

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMG

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
RESULTS:

Singles:
1: connor ($63.00)
2: BeamSwordMaster ($31.50)
3: MacD ($10.50)
4: Fly Amanita
5: Little England
5: A Rookie
7: Boss
7: DJ mirror
9: stabbedbyatree
9: Deth
9: Hyprid
9: Maple
13: Rey
13: Kirbyraeg
13: signia
13: Boba
17: Combofest
17: Kangix
17: Soju
17: samDVD
17: Bye

Doubles:
1: tsuki ni kawatte oshio kiyo ($60.00)
2: A tree and a mushroom ($30.00)
3: Boss + Defh ($10.00)
4: Boba + Little_England
5: Needle *****
5: Gspot
7: I'm pushing that lady where you came out as a baby.
7: aviation of japan
9: At least we tried
9: HAPPY BIRTHDAY CONNOR NGUYEN!
9: buff

This was an amazing tournament. I just want to say thanks to everyone for this great experience. <3

-Connor

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
me n deth need to play more. we both say GG's all.

happy b-day connor, get some facial hair sonnnnn.

commantary was fun, :)

Rey Ganon

Smash Rookie
Taking first shout outs!
First of all, A Rookie. Dude, nice on getting the fif, also, **** teamwork, need to keep it up son!

Dopple and your team mate (sorry, forgot name!), good stuff, fun, fun matches, nice seeing you again, hadn't seen you in a while.

Boss, nice commentating!

Stabbed, awesome tourney, lots of fun, and keep working on that Falco.

Connor and MacD, nice dsmash guys!

Kira, it was amazing to see you, but then again, it's always a pleasure.

Boba and Signia, fun friendlies.

Soju, step your game up son!
DRGN, Go next time!

Kira-

Smash Champion
Thanks Stab for hosting a great tournament

I had a lot of fun. Great games to everyone I played.

Shoutouts when I'm not about to fall asleep.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
Really fun tournament! I had a great time! I'm hella tired, but I'll do all my shout outs while everything is halfway fresh.

Connor-Bday BOY!!! Too good! GJ getting first. :D

Boba-Thanks for the ride and dinner and everything! I really appreciate it! You'll get better soon enough. I'll write you another essay when I have the time. Not too shabby in teams btw.

Jason aka DJmirror- You're already on the right track. I love playing friendlies with you. idunno why..you're like relaxed all the time. Too bad we couldn't MM. Next tournament :)

Kira- I love you. Best attitude in SoCal. <33 It seems like whenever we try to play friendlies someone/something always interrupts us hahaha

Fly- Can you teach me the ICs matchup? It'll be a lot more strenuous learning it on my own. :( I noticed you were kind of upset. I don't know if it was about the Peach matchup or what, but if it is I believe in you. You don't need Fox/Sheik.

Boss- Scary stuff! I got lucky in that first match. GGs All around friendlies/doubles/singles. Nice to play you!

Maple- *fanboyism* <3333333 All around fun guy to be around! =D Hope to see you at another tournament!

Stab-GGs and stuff! Great tournament! Keep em commin!

Sorry to anyone I forgot! I kinda just went through the singles results and tried to remember who I played.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I want to apologize to Connor and McCain for handling myself poorly after our sets. Neither of you should have to put up with that.

I get demoralized way too easily. :(

MacD

Banned via Administration
nah i understand how you can get upset, especially between match up stuff and etc

at least you know that you handle yourself poorly after the sets, that's a step up from many people

a rookie

Smash Ace
My my my, shout-out time! First off, let me say that this tourney was incredible! Thanks Stab for being a great host with free pizza and water! =D

Rey-good shiz on almost taking a match off Connor, shows him not to go easy on you anymore xD And good teamwork, Mario and Doc<333

Boba-good seeing you again, it's been a while. Your peach is getting there (: Genesis room mate<3

Little_England-fun doing friendlies with you. You beat my Falco, CF, and Samus very commandingly. Not until I whipped out my Marth! Lol. GG getting 5th with me ^__^

Team Dopple-Lol, Marth and Roy vs. Mario and Doc. What the hell is that? xD Haha. Fun matches, especially friendlies<333

Kirbyraeg-Good to see you're actually trying with Mario. I know it's tough to play competitively with such a bad character, but you can do it! =D

Kira-Wonder why you didn't go Sheik? Hope you didn't sandbag -____- But your Jiggs did pretty good. And lol at me counterpicking Dreamland on you (x Btw, thanks for sending me to losers!

Boss-Thanks for commentating with Rey xD And good doubles matches! Nice job on getting 7th =)

Deth-You have a smart and patient Samus. You were a real challange for me :) And good job on beating me in doubles xD

Kangix-Haha, you're a cool guy x) Friendlies were too fun =D You and Soju ALMOST took a match off of me and Rey, lmao. Gg!

Hyprid-Very fluent Marth and smart at that. You read me ALL first match. I didn't know how to approach you. That's why the end of the second match I switched up my approach. I'm not telling you what I did, it's a secret xD But dang, you were one of the toughest fights I had at the tourney<33

Soju-You and Kangix made a funny team xD Come on man, you gotta step your game up. I know you can do better at tournies =D

Stab-Good host, good food, good people, good venue<3 Fun MM we had. Btw, I used that dollar to buy carmel cheesecake bites at Del Taco =D And thanks for recording matches, commentating, everything. You're awesome!

Fly Amanita-Good IC's, as always. Lol, made you switch to Sheik (x I killed myself one time each in both matches ='( But I'll get you next time for sure, haha >=)

MacD & Connor-Nice dsmashes for real! =D Anyway, Happy Birthday Connor.

Sheik & Marth in tourney-I thought you were Jkun o_____o I guess not though cuz I don't see you on the results.

Friendly people that I didn't know names of-Good friendlies as always<3

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
It's okay Fly. I understand completely. I'm glad you are man enough to apologize even though you don't have to. Just beat us next time!

I just wanna say thanks again for the birthday wishes everyone. =)

shoutouts later when I'm at home.

-Connor

Kira-

Smash Champion
I'll get the actual matches up soon hopefully
I can't wait to hear the commentary on all the matches. It's gonna be fun =)

Connor - This reminded me of that Santa Ana tourney where I beat you in winners then you came back and 6-1'd me in finals. As the games went on I realized I had less and less control of the match. I will figure you out though! Good stuff tho, it was also reminiscent of when we split in Chula Vista. I'll never get bored playing you =)

BeamSwordMaster - learn how to beat fawks

MacD - probably the most fun i've had playing you in a long time lol. My hands were seriously shaking all the way from game 2 - game 5. So intense.

Fly Amanita - the brackets were nice to me and i didnt have to lose to you

Little England - lol you're one of my favorite people to see at tourneys. I never know which character you main lol. But yeah you got better, you definitely saw my fox when it was playing at its best in those friendlies but I couldn't hold it down quite as well in teams. Kept tryin to rush too much, i shoulda been more patient against you but it was fun either way. I'm glad you went to the one tourney i went to in awhile haha

A Rookie/Rey/Soju - Also awesome to see you guys, I definitely didn't sandbag, I just think Puff is an underrated character so I wanted to get as much overall tourney experience as possible with her.. but later in the day my will to win took over so I went Sheik against Connor and MacD. And since it worked I kept with it lol. But yeah, Rey your Ganon is legit, Soju didn't get to see you play but you seem like a chill guy, Rookie your Mario is one of the few odd characters I enjoy watching. Your set against Stab kept my attention pretty well haha

Boss - good stuff in teams, glad you came, see you during the week!

DJ mirror - you got way better

stabbedbyatree - so did you but learn to combo harder. you play like an awkward Falcomist lol minus the unconventional combos, plus some Tofu top platform camping and some Mathos lasering. pretty gay

Deth - Learn that fancy shield breaker! It looks awesome when done right, there's no video for it cause Hugo just made it up recently (shh it's a secret technique) but yeah it'd be cool to see someone actually use it in a match. All I can say is you're a beast in teams, I remember awhile ago when you used to play more often, you always teamed with some random noob and still got top 5 at every tournament lol. And when you beat P at the arcadian tourney =P

Hyprid - good as always, you're really getting more mature as a player. I can see your patience and smarts are shaping up really well. Go to Nice Shot Hugo and after that I think your game will grow a lot. Possibly TourneyPlay 5 too, seeing as it's in Irvine. In my opinion, Marth really isn't that great of a character anymore, not nearly as good as he used to be when people had poor DI. He has very few and very situational/inconsistent ways to kill, but I'm glad to see people like you and Jkun and Strawhat doing so well with him still. freakin M2K is still overpowered with Marth... he makes him look like he's actually 2nd best on the tier list lol

Maple - kyle.. i gayed it up on the commentary lol but hopefully it's entertaining. Thanks for everything that day

Kirbyraeg - Good set, you actually caught on to my aerial movement patterns and did some really nice predictions whether you were conscious of it or not, but yeah Puff's gay spacing and superior advantage in that matchup wins overall.

signia - Hey man didn't see you play or talk much but I'm glad you could make it. We gotta chill with Okami again when he gets back in town

Boba - your peach got better.. but try to be more fair when on a friendly rotation lol

Combofest - glad you found a ride. your falcon is sick but i noticed you roll a lot near the ledge haha

Kangix - you're awesome man. make a fur coat out of that hair of yours so i can buy it

samDVDs - hmm, wish i could've played a few friendlies with you but I can tell the Midwest taught you well haha. Sorry for putting you in against one of the other crews' captain lol but we won in the end so thanks for taking his stocks away and making it easier for us

Bye - Who are you? Sometimes Bye's do better than players in bracket. It's sad for them but hilarious for everyone else. For example when E40 got 25th at a 19-man tourney LOL

Deadshot - Way to not enter singles. How are we supposed to get better as a team if you never get better as a player!? I think you had a healthy wakeup call today; I'll be waiting for you to use that to improve even more =)

GSUB

Smash Lord
no shout-out kira..? it's cool.

Shout-Outs:

Boba - Who the **** do you think you are trying to take three slices of pizza!?!!? gtfo here with that ****, wasn't cool dawg. But fun .25cent money match... i made dumb mistakes when I thought or sure I was gonna win, always my biggest downfall...

Kira - oh puff... Crews were fun, thanks for picking me, ahahah. 8 stocks. **** :)

Maple - you're too good man... when I play you, you just don't fall for anything.. sorry for the times I got upset, i have problemsssss, ahaha.

Jason - lol @ we all pitched in for the cake... you're too nice man... I would've been tempted to take all the credit if I was in your situation, but you DID deserve all the credit. that was too cool of you man. fun fox dittos, let's do it more!

A Rookie - You're too fun to watch... Seems like you don't remember me from the last UCSD triweekly though, lol.

Kangix - hey cutey <3 keep up the good work! Your ness really is gaining improvement! Hopefully simna will get some matches up and you can study em :)

Stab - great tourney as always. I just realized I didn't help collect any venue fees or anything... you seemed to have it all under control, sorry, it slipped my mind.

GSUB - Get a job so you can enter tournaments you idiot!!!

Deadshot -Keep playing more! Watching you play other people, I see improvement!

glow and JDM - you two shoulda cameeeeee... at glow: ***gggggot

SamsDVDs - Playing with you was pretty fun, I got in some good practice with my secondary characters :) crews was also fun!!! I miss the midwest =/ maybe I'll smash there one day, ahaha.

Little_England - Again, sorry about getting so frustrated... @_@ you're pretty good.

Soju - why the lenseless glasses??? lol, good seeing you though.

Deth - wish I coulda played your samus in singles! gahhh!

Boss - nice seeing you also! glad you found a partner.

Signiaaaaa - Consistently active, good **** =)

Combo Fest - "Good ****" to you too I guess, ahahha. ****... you're soooo good for only have been playing since October... ****...

Connor - ahaha, I remember when you were like, "Who's Michael Jackson impression was that...?" then everyone got quiet and was waiting for you to rip on me, then you said, "I liked it." then everyone laughed, ahhaha. Happy birthday =) I really hope this wasn't your last tournament! Fun friendlies also, I should ask for advice next time...

Hyprid - Thhhhhhhhhhank youuuuu for the rideeeeee!!! Sorryyyyy!!! Also, light-shield edgeguard, to ledghopped rest is too good (broken) lol :)

Kira-

Smash Champion
no shout-out kira..? it's cool.
You didn't enter singles noob! I did it by the results cause I have bad memory =(

GSUB - thanks for co-hosting, i barely saw you this tourney. but im glad i got you in crews =)

soju

SD God
Gsub, I'm so sorry! I did remember you! I just forgot you =( Maybe it's cuz I looked at the results and did most of my shout-outs that way. You watched me vs. deth, I remember =) Good seeing you again<3333

-A Rookie

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
1: connor
I hope the $93 dollars you made at this tourney made a nice birthday gift from all of the singles and doubles entrants!

2: BeamSwordMaster
I would think that not entering a tourney in three months would affect your performance. I guess not!

3: MacD
Too good, as always. I'll try not to have a minor hissy fit the next time I lose to you.

4: Fly Amanita
You generally did better with Sheik than with ICs this tourney. wtf is wrong with you?

5: Little England
Top 6? Nice!

5: A Rookie
It's awesome to see somebody representing Mario so well.

7: Boss
Mewtwo is too good!

7: DJM
I don't remember if I played you or not, but I'll take Dave's word that you've improved.

9: stabbedbyatree
Why do you go by stabbedbyatree now, anyways?

9: Deth
Neat Samus. Stop dash attacking so much!

9: Hyprid
I was impressed with how much better you started doing against my Sheik over the course of half an hour or so. You're a smart player who moves really fluidly. Keep it up!

9: Maple
Good stuff in doubles!

13: Kirbyraeg
I haven't played you in a while.

13: Boba
Improve your zoning!

17. Kangix
Camping is too good.

soju

SD God
GSUB! Remember me, Rey, from the last UCSD? Don't think me and A Rookie forgot about you! We were so excited to see you at Stabs. We were all a little under the weather so we didn't pay as much attention as we should have. Anyway, next time I want to face you, and thanks for the tips at UCSD

-Rey

Top Bottom