• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G-rev Monthly VI, March 6th, Connor's B-day tourney!!!!!! Bring setups!

DJMirror

Smash Master
yay stitches!!!!!

though we have a slight problem since shiz is going to norcal, i have a feeling that people are gonna wanna go there... i gotta figure out what to do
Here the answer to ur problem: forget this tournament cuz it's a monthly thing, take zhu lucky mango to nor cal to play dsw cuz it might be the last we'll see dsw on the west coast again. I wanna see joey vs dsw and a bunch of dream matches also it might ur first and last time to beat him macd!!!!

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Here the answer to ur problem: forget this tournament cuz it's a monthly thing, take zhu lucky mango to nor cal to play dsw cuz it might be the last we'll see dsw on the west coast again. I wanna see joey vs dsw and a bunch of dream matches also it might ur first and last time to beat him macd!!!!
hate to say it but this is what you're gonna want to do mccain

don't feel bad, we always got later this month (not on a weekend taken by champ's biweekly :3 )

MacD

Banned via Administration
i'm 90% sure zhu will have school johns, and there is always dunskies/hugo to drive people

last time 6 people wanted to go to norcal and i said screw it, just don't take me, i'm scared something like this might happen again where like 7/8 people wanna go, but then no one is going to want to pay 25 for gas

and besides, i'm poor now and have to request like every sat off for the rest of my life :(

ps it's not this tourney vs nor cal cause it's nor cal no duh, it's more spending the money/going to nor cal or just missing it :/

DJMirror

Smash Master
Since i own you 20 bucks i'll give you 40 bucks (you can pay me back later) drive up to dunskie and make him drive

**** zhu's john, tell that ***** to suck a ****, kidnap his *** and stuff him in the trunk

<3 zhu

I'm sure Matt wanna see Zhu vs DSW the rematch >=)

Nah school johns are legit tho

MacD

Banned via Administration
jason, i am not taking a loan from anyone, that is the ABSOLUTE LAST THING i ever wanna do

my only hope would be team with joey and i might end up breaking even

and i don't think you understand, i'm assuming mango/lucky/lovage/s2j/dunskies wanna go, that right there is a car, that leaves like me/hugo/maybe fly/... idk who else

as much as i hate to say this, it might be in my best interest to not go to nor cal, besides, i gotta save up for EC ;)

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
the farthest a socal train goes up north is san luis obispo

after that you are going to have to find another way up there

there possibly be another train from there to norcal

but 25 dollars roundtrip(?) to go up there is very cheap

Ekoli

Smash Journeyman
i second this

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
yeah, it is. the farthest the metrolink would take him is glendale/simi valley.

the farthest the amtrak would take him san luis obispo. it would cost a lot more since he is going have to transfer once at LA Union Station.

also i don't think there is a train that goes from socal to norcal

HugS™

Smash Lord
Is there anyway this could be postponed? Or pushed up to this weekend? I'm probably going to norcal.

I can't drive my car up to norcal, so I'm hoping someone will be able to take me.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
is norcal a 1 or 2 day tourny? would we get back sometime sunday? id be v interested in going to norcal if so

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
This was supposed to be in February and I can't push this to the week after this because of the SATs.

Any later than that would make me "=/" so if you're going to CGC, then you might as well wait for next month's tourney lol

rus s0uL

Smash Apprentice
norcal is about 5 hours from irvine. Well, it depends what part you're talkin about. If you're talkin about SF then that's about 40 min more. So i'd say it takes about 5.5 to 6 hour drive to the tourny.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
New rule: Loser gets to choose (counterpick lol) their opponent's character color.

Most people in socal play 1 color of their main, so I want to see how this goes. *shrug*

DJMirror

Smash Master
New rule: Loser gets to choose (counterpick lol) their opponent's character color.

Most people in socal play 1 color of their main, so I want to see how this goes. *shrug*
dude that is sooo ****

i am gonna JACK uUP some people's colors LOL they are going to play so bad

- kira

for those of you who think this is dumb, color changes mindset, it changes playstyle, it adds in another element that the opponent has to think about cause they aren't comfortable with it, it's a GREAT rule

Prepare for all Marth's to be that ugly WHITE color HAHAHA

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
for those of you who think this is dumb, color changes mindset, it changes playstyle, it adds in another element that the opponent has to think about cause they aren't comfortable with it, it's a GREAT rule

Prepare for all Marth's to be that ugly WHITE color HAHAHA
ohhhh i guess i never thought of it that way. matt's about to screw people up lol

Adam M!

Smash Lord
i ain't changing ****

guess i can't come no more jason

and if it's "trouble" don't do it. you obviously get some kind of enjoyment out of it or you wouldn't do it in the first place. that doesn't justify dum rules.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
I obviously wouldn't enforce the rule with DQs or anything but it's fun to change things up once in a while.

It's just the aesthetics of your character anyway.

Ekoli

Smash Journeyman
It sounds like a fun idea stab but on the real, red is my only tournament color and if i dont have it, i get this total sense of dissatisfaction and it ruins my mental in tournament, feel me? So imo, it should only be in affect if both players agree to it.

Btw, how was Uncle Sam's Cabin?

Buddha Lova

Smash Apprentice
It sounds like a fun idea stab but on the real, red is my only tournament color and if i dont have it, i get this total sense of dissatisfaction and it ruins my mental in tournament, feel me? So imo, it should only be in affect if both players agree to it.

Btw, how was Uncle Sam's Cabin?
That's why I use two colors for my characters, in case of dittos and something like this.

Kira-

Smash Champion
Wow seriously guys? It's just a color change, lol @ trying to threaten smaller attendance. You guys should be thankful that there's a tournament at all. Not to mention the food every time and quickly uploaded videos.

Top Bottom