• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

g-regulate's Wario tips!

g-regulate

Smash Hero
so some people were down-talking wario in the back room, so i had to stand up for him. here is what i told them. feel free to use these tips.

- ill agree, wario has no range, but he is built like a jigglypuff. jiggly also has little range but is best used in an in-and-out strategy, always keeping safe distance. also, you can sh aerial all of his quick aerials, landing with 0 lag.

- you can just drive the bike right off the edge. if it stays on the stage, you can throw it, blow it up, eat it, or simply drive it off the stage again. you can also pop a wheelie, which BLOCKS ALL PROJECTILES unless they actually hit wario himself. also, like you mentioned, its pretty much his best recovery tool, you can live from almost anywhere.

- yes, his upB distance sucks. USE THE BIKE. once the bike is either eaten, destroyed, or falls off the stage, you regain the ability to use it in about 3-4 seconds. wario is so floaty he cant even really fall from the top to the bottom of the screen in that long, and the jump off of the bike is bigger than the upB, AND you can just use the upB, and your double jump, if you have it.

-i disagree with this one the most. i get fart kills often. ALL the TIME. the sweetspot seems to be just around his arse, and also his HEAD. if you have a full charged fart, it boosts him up the entire length of the screen, and if you hit anyone with his head about 3/4's of the way up, its like a falcon punch upward. he also has several moves that combo into this. you can probably air dodge out fast enough, but when the wario player realizes you will air dodge anytime you go above him.... advantage- wario

-you are missing the best strength of his fsmash, the speed in which it comes out. its almost instantaneous, probably faster than his jab. it has little range, but is meant to be used right next to them, like after certain aerials. it also goes through many other characters attacks, simply put. once again, many aerials combo into this.

- yea no projectile kinda sucks, but i dont see marth and ike complaining. also like i said above, the bike blocks pretty much everything, so its not like hes helpless to spamming.

additional point - wario's neutral B can eat them. off the stage. fair also combos into this, it has great priority. minus characters with borderline unfair recoveries (ROB, Pit, etc.), this means almost certain death to anyone at any %, as he spits them out around the bottom corner of the screen, or just straight under the stage. he has time to use the bike and double jump and upB to recover while his opponent dies. awesome!!

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Yeah like noone uses wario it seems lol x_o but he's the coolest ever.

The majority of my fart kills are from wario himself flying up. Also interestingly enough the fart "missle" (wario flying) can combo into a uair sometimes if that doesn't outright kill them. Even if it doesn't kill, it seems to have super armor, is super fast, has a massive hitbox, and can be used to recover sometimes (my bike was gone and i didnt have it back, i was almost way under fd so i used it to recover)

3GOD

Smash Ace
so some people were down-talking wario in the back room, so i had to stand up for him. here is what i told them. feel free to use these tips.
Glad to know someone in the back room is standing up for Wario. He really gets no lovin' from anyone it seems.
- ill agree, wario has no range, but he is built like a jigglypuff. jiggly also has little range but is best used in an in-and-out strategy, always keeping safe distance. also, you can sh aerial all of his quick aerials, landing with 0 lag.
Yeah his range is BAD, but his aerial movement is AMAZING. I play him a lot like Jiggs with the weaving in and out. It requires a lot of patience, and certain matchups I've yet to determine how to find any openings at all (Marth mainly but I've got little experience vs. Marth in Brawl). Dair is CRAZY good and Uair kills at decent %.
- you can just drive the bike right off the edge. if it stays on the stage, you can throw it, blow it up, eat it, or simply drive it off the stage again. you can also pop a wheelie, which BLOCKS ALL PROJECTILES unless they actually hit wario himself. also, like you mentioned, its pretty much his best recovery tool, you can live from almost anywhere.
People who say his recovery is gimped without the bike are right, but only idiots leave the Bike laying around. I rarely use it on stage, but I might begin testing its abilities to break through Marth's wall of Fair.
- yes, his upB distance sucks. USE THE BIKE. once the bike is either eaten, destroyed, or falls off the stage, you regain the ability to use it in about 3-4 seconds. wario is so floaty he cant even really fall from the top to the bottom of the screen in that long, and the jump off of the bike is bigger than the upB, AND you can just use the upB, and your double jump, if you have it.
Not to mention you have your down-B as a last resort recovery option if you have it decently charged. The jump off his Bike is HUGE. Wario is amazing off the edge just like Jigglypuff was in Melee. I never fear to chase the opponent off the stage with double jumps because I know I have so many options left to get back.
-i disagree with this one the most. i get fart kills often. ALL the TIME. the sweetspot seems to be just around his arse, and also his HEAD. if you have a full charged fart, it boosts him up the entire length of the screen, and if you hit anyone with his head about 3/4's of the way up, its like a falcon punch upward. he also has several moves that combo into this. you can probably air dodge out fast enough, but when the wario player realizes you will air dodge anytime you go above him.... advantage- wario
I don't use the waft that much really, but it's definitely not that hard to connect with.
-you are missing the best strength of his fsmash, the speed in which it comes out. its almost instantaneous, probably faster than his jab. it has little range, but is meant to be used right next to them, like after certain aerials. it also goes through many other characters attacks, simply put. once again, many aerials combo into this.
The Fsmash hits on frame 9 according to what I've recorded, but it has super armor starting on frame 8. This compared to his Jab which hits on frame 8, so they are pretty similar in attack speed. Fsmash is AMAZING!
- yea no projectile kinda sucks, but i dont see marth and ike complaining. also like i said above, the bike blocks pretty much everything, so its not like hes helpless to spamming.
A projectile really would have helped his game since he lacks range, but he can certainly get around the stage well enough to not be ruined by this.
additional point - wario's neutral B can eat them. off the stage. fair also combos into this, it has great priority. minus characters with borderline unfair recoveries (ROB, Pit, etc.), this means almost certain death to anyone at any %, as he spits them out around the bottom corner of the screen, or just straight under the stage. he has time to use the bike and double jump and upB to recover while his opponent dies. awesome!!
Bite is probably my favorite move in the game. Wario eats Fsmashes for breakfast and Donkey Punches for 2nd breakfast! Seriously, it's basically a grab that works in the air and lasts for about 60 frames (aka 1 second) if you hold B - how awesome is that! This is a VERY diverse move.

Anyway, I'm glad Wario has some back room representation...now I just gotta figure out how to make him decent vs. Marth/Pit/Meta Knight.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
im not saying hes amazing, im just saying that if you are good enough with him he is not horrible and has decent kill moves on people, and defense against lots of gay stuff. did i mention he can eat DDD's and Peach's projectiles? sweet.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
omg I beat an Olimar with Wario

Yeah Wario's a ****in G
He's amazing. I will even go as far as to say Wario can win tournaments. =O *shock*

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
You wait. Just wait. No matter what you do, it takes 1:53 for a fart to fully charge. So if you're fighting an 8-minute match, the fart will be fully charged at 6:07. =]

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
omg I beat an Olimar with Wario

Yeah Wario's a ****in G
He's amazing. I will even go as far as to say Wario can win tournaments. =O *shock*
No need to be shocked really. I'm sure alot of people thought Wario was bad at first, but abusing his manueverabilityy and all the new tactics the Wario community have been finding with him so fast, I don't see how he could fall anywhere under higher mid tier.

Show the backroom people my guide, and if that still doesn't convince them, would it be too much to ask to ask for their friend codes and have them taste my Wario first hand? You'd be surprised at the people I've beaten already.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
you mean like king.

I havnt been closely following tourney results but it still seems like a lot of characters are up in the air about how good they are exactly.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
you mean like king.

I havnt been closely following tourney results but it still seems like a lot of characters are up in the air about how good they are exactly.
And even when you look at the current tourney results, it doesn't help much. The meta ain't stable enough and lots of chars can win tourneys right now...

and some theorically bad matchups are often overriden by raw skill difference

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Aaaaand...

g-regulate defends Wario in the backroom, while Wario farts in the face of adversity!

Awesome.

OmegaWeapon

Smash Apprentice
Lot of people down talk Wario at this place I go to to play. They had a tournament last night so I figured i'd play as the character who i liked the most, (Wario obviously). Ended up winning the thing with most matches ending with me 2 stocking the opponent. No one saw a lot of the advanced stuff I had up my sleeve coming.

Wario's akward techniques seem to be very prominent. I dont plan to stop playing him anytime soon.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Lot of people down talk Wario at this place I go to to play. They had a tournament last night so I figured i'd play as the character who i liked the most, (Wario obviously). Ended up winning the thing with most matches ending with me 2 stocking the opponent. No one saw a lot of the advanced stuff I had up my sleeve coming.

Wario's akward techniques seem to be very prominent. I dont plan to stop playing him anytime soon.
Serv'em well for doubting Wawawa.

D

Deleted member

doesnt his fsmash have super armor? (a very small window for super armor but i think it does...)

Wario for god tier!

J.L

Smash Ace
wario is a very good character but will only depend on the user to bring out his potential. Wario is random as hell, and his aerials are pure mindgames. I honestly dont see people using dair enough, its a really good move, even if they block it, you can follow it up with so many things.

Also, more air dodges is needed to get inside the opponents (espeically marth). Mix approaches between aerials and dodges.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
his bike can b used as an approach against most characters (except toon link and his enormous boomerang that hits wario and the bike no matter how he throws it) and if they DI wrong u can get some insane bike combos. my friend plays ike all the time and i cant get in w/o that bike...that retreating foward air and aaa combo jus dont allow wario enuf time without it. I think wario is a halfway deceent character....he jus cant really kill as much as i'd like him to. i find myself waaaaaaaaay off the stage doing bike jumps and foward airs to get kills...as his up air is incredibly predictable (ur not hitting any1 good with that obvious of a move) and the f smash even with the stutter step..lacks range.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Basically super armor is when you take damage but don't flinch at all. Think of Yoshi's second jump in Melee. You hit him and he just keeps going...until a certain percent that is, or if he gets hit REALLY hard.

In Brawl super armor seems even stronger, the super armor on Wario's fsmash can beat Ganon's warlock punch. Also, the super armor on Ike's up B beats Marth's final smash.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
He also never blinks.

Wario is a sexy beast, but he needs a champion like Mango for Jigglypuff for any real appreciation.
Paxz. He doesn't go on the boards, but he's amazing at what you see of him on YouTube. I don't remember where I got the link, but there's some online brawl rankings, and mr. mexican burrito-eater Paxz was ranked #4 :p of course that's likely to have changed by now, but he (and from what he says (vidz pl0x)) and Blue sHell kick arse with Wario.

cyclops4ever

Smash Apprentice
the upsmash is easier to hit in my opinion. alot of people dont really dodge alot like they should in the air and usually try to fight you back, like in melee. but when alot of people do start, its gona be way easier. you can fake alot of people by jumping towards them, wait for them to dodge and while you are still in the air clap. alot of moves can work around that. not saying depend on it, but it happens alot with me and my friends. especially when i chase. :) wario sama will not be stopped!

timbu

Smash Apprentice
his bike can b used as an approach against most characters (except toon link and his enormous boomerang that hits wario and the bike no matter how he throws it) and if they DI wrong u can get some insane bike combos. my friend plays ike all the time and i cant get in w/o that bike...that retreating foward air and aaa combo jus dont allow wario enuf time without it. I think wario is a halfway deceent character....he jus cant really kill as much as i'd like him to. i find myself waaaaaaaaay off the stage doing bike jumps and foward airs to get kills...as his up air is incredibly predictable (ur not hitting any1 good with that obvious of a move) and the f smash even with the stutter step..lacks range.
Upair is usable. It's ridiculously strong and it's gotta be twice as quick as upairs like bowsers, and faster than zelda's upair.

I would say you're no good if you can't hit anyone with an obvious move.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
chronosquare, Paxz actually is on the boards. I've seen him here >.>

And yeah uair is great, I don't see how anyone can have any trouble killing with it. You must be either spamming it or jumping on top of them and trying to uair from above. lol

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
G-Reg's wario is amazing. I had no idea what the hell was going on. He was like WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAmazing

Is this the new G-Regulate combo thread?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I will admit that Wario fights good when used right, but he does lack projectiles, and his smash attacks aren't completely reliable with their limited range.

OrionX1989

Smash Rookie
i'm getting the hang of Wario now and a few of his combos. but i'm curious, has anyone really found a good use for his D-Smash? i can't seem to find a use since after that first second hes a sitting duck. its strong but i can't find a good reason to use it. any ideas? all help appriciated

Enzario

Smash Rookie
Here's the basic thing about Wario: his ranged game is nonexistant, but his close-range is nice enough that not many people want to get that close.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
i had an epic wario edgeguard against my friend's diddy.
it went like this:

fthrow -> sh fair -> fthrow -> jump, bite -> full jum, fair.

he said he was very uncomfortable. lol.

i also score a lot of KOs with the waft, use it just before he starts glowing.

i like to spam dair out of shield.
it does multiple hits, but if it misses there's barely any lag after.
also shield -> corkscrew works really well to rack up damage.

Top Bottom