• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FV, Ken has returned! + Rules of the gamestop tournament

Mario77

Smash Apprentice
You know anyone could walk up and sign their name as Ken...

I should go sign up and write my name down as Masahiro Sakurai.

orintemple

Smash Lord
Your Gamestop made you sign up before hand? I read the official rules and it said to enter round 1 you just need to show up at least 30 minutes before the start of the tourney and check yourself in.

Chaos_Dude

Smash Apprentice
PROTIP: Go to Gamestop tournament. Have fun. If you win, you win. If not, oh well. It's not like it costs anything. Be cool with the people you see there. It'll work out if you do that.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I doubt people would just walk up and be claiming Ken. Seeing he has a Wikipedia article on Him it's going to be blasphemy if the Gamestop people think its really Ken. IF they do fall for it then It proves that GameStop is more stupid than I thought

KingMak

Smash Cadet
Holy **** I live in the same area, and could potentially see Ken play. But I pre-ordered at a Gamecrazy back in August... ****. Ah well, take pictures.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Holy **** I live in the same area, and could potentially see Ken play. But I pre-ordered at a Gamecrazy back in August... ****. Ah well, take pictures.
well you can ask that Gamestop if they can reserve any more copies of Brawl. If they can go ask gamecrazy to cancel you're Preorder and go to gamestop

Puddin Master

Smash Apprentice
Dude wiimotes only? That blows.

And you all need to stop sucking kens man parts! Meeles over people! Concentrat on getting yourself good and stop jerkin it to ken combo videos on youtube.

And i wouldnt know who ken was if it wasn't for this dweebo kid who sat next to me in webdesign and tried to get me to watch videos like every day cuase i told em I played smash bros. Id piss him off by saying stuff like. " Id take that bich to school." or "That guy needs to get layd!"
Boy, crude spelling and grammar and lame comebacks sure do make you look cool and smart.

Lovely

Smash Lord
Well what the game looks, I wouldn't be surprised if he got lost in the first match. The rules besides the time and such is anything goes right; new games, new rules. But it's a fighting game, not an RPG, he might had won by luck. I'm not into tournament so I don't know.

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
To get ur *** kicked by him is a honour so just go. He cant use his marth so it wont be as bad.

kr3wman

Smash Master
He last logged on today? Heck, he might even read this!

As for me, I can't go to the tournament. But hey. Camp those items like you do with weapons in Halo, and your gonna win. Just don't waste your FS and have fun!

fouxs2

Smash Cadet
Only read the first pafe but, Ken is quite experienced in Brawl and he uses Toon Link, I'd join in just for the chance of fighting him.

WaffleGuyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Wow. I must see the videos of this. I'm sure my friend would too. He practically worships Ken. I go to his house and the first thing I see is him playing red Marth and watching a Ken video.

End Game

Smash Journeyman
Hahaha, take a pic with him! and ask him for his autograph while you are at it.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Idk why but unlike other gamestops my gamestop dosn't have a llst and they just told me to be there with my reservation for Brawl. I guess for my gamestop you can only enter if you have a reservation.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
rofl, i heard this **** was so bad from the other side of the nation.

First gamestop takes my rhino games, now they're ****ing up my melee with bad brawl tournies.

Oh lawd.

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
Well, consider this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVZ2d2R5LuA

Who knows? There's a chance the real Ken is going to the Fountain Valley Gamestop for the tournament. I mean, it looks like he had the guts to mess around with High Schoolers (Unless there was magically some other Ken in the area who's at that skill level).

Let's just wait for Ken to confirm/deconfirm this, shall we?

P.S. The tournament looks...interesting. Good luck to all those who go!

EDIT: That was directed towards those who were confident it was just a random lying nobody.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So, he's back. I'd seen multiple places on here that "he retired". lol bull. I'm sure he'll find new ways to own people in this game. That'd be amazing though if I got a chance to get my hide tanned by him over Wifi. What a once in a lifetime experience...

marthownsxd

Smash Apprentice
You guy's don't know Ken? The guy who solely invented the Marth meta-game and created the Ken Combo? If you haven't played melee then I can understand.

Top Bottom