• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FUSION presents: UCI SMASH 2.0 - May 22nd - BRING SETUPS!/PRE-REG!/POOLS!

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
I apologize to anyone who had to deal with my raging today. I was more depressed than I have been in a long time. I'm just pissed off by the slowness of my progression as a player.

There were a bunch of things today that made me mad at myself for not getting better despite how much I practice. Vs Psychomidget, vs fiction, vs Dave. Seriously, I get ***** by Dave's Falco in an MM then listen on the car ride home as Gsub tells me he beat his sheik in tourney. ****ing ****.

I need a break or something.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Shoutouts:

Stabbed: sorry for making you angry. I hope you find what you are looking for. You got this
Kira: I'd rather you go sheik next time lol
Connor: ughhhh you are so gay and such epic friendlies :D. I really need to get better at waiting out sheik.
Zhu: You always seem so distracted over nothing >_>. I promise I'll give you more a challenge next time. Thanks for the marth help.
Alex: SERIOUSLY man I doubt you realize how much you helped me with the ditto matchup and thanks for showing me the true power of fox's usmash in combos. We shall play in the future :)
Fly: I'll get you someday. You are too good tho...
Jkun: Sorry that we had to play again :(.
Hyprid: Dont worry about doubles we still got fourth haha.
GSUB: ggs. I need to learn to DI upthrow better haha.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
doubles:

1. MacD/Connor
2. Lucky/Zhu
3. Fly Amanita/Alex19
4. Fiction/Hyprid

I don't remember singles. MAYBE

1. Lucky
2. MacD
3. Fly
4. Zhu

??? is that right?

Thundercloud

Smash Journeyman
Pool 4 is the best pool ever! :p

Matt(chu) - Fun tournament once again. Pools were great, and you should definitely keep doing pools.

Anto - Nice to meet you, finally. Good to have another Samus player to practice against. SWD to Moonwalk is the coolest **** ever.

Andy - Ah man, I was so close to taking a match from you! I'm going to get better and beat you next time!

Rob - Walkoff nairs every day.

Jason - Thanks for the advice on the Marth matchup, I will absolutely try to put it into use. No more spot dodging!

Matt (Stab) and Cameron (GSUB) - I still need to play you guys.

Charles - Falcon ditto friendlies are the best. Yeeeah

Carl - It's fun playing you when you're screaming "AHH OMG" all the time. Keep doing it!

Connor, Alex, Carlvin (sp?) - I have a lot less to say to you guys because you guys kicked my *** so hard.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
lol I forfeited to Zhu and Lucky. my bad Gsub I shouldve let you go on ahead and play Zhu...

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts:

Alex: SERIOUSLY man I doubt you realize how much you helped me with the ditto matchup and thanks for showing me the true power of fox's usmash in combos. We shall play in the future :)
dude i hope thats not all you got cause there's alot more to it i just chose to play that style cause you wouldn't DI the up throw lol, up smash does **** but its alright... shield pressure and reading is much more important

good job everyone, cool tournament it was pretty smooth

joey- man good **** homo you ***** nasty
fly- you're really good and it was nice teaming with you, i hate double peach its ********
connor- hopefully next time we play its a little bit more serious lol
jkun- sup you'lll come to norwalk someday lol
zhu- i'll get you agan someday lol happy bday and good job against macd
macd- man....cold hands john i couldn't finish... or do alot of things for that matter but good job you were the winner
fiction- just keep it up you're getting there.
stab- sup dude whats going on? you shouldn't be getting so angry yo you're still getting better dude when you lose to kiras falco its cause you're playing a very experienced player thats just using another character, kira's still good. and about gsub beating him, its all about match ups ppl get lucky sometimes i dont think kira likes that match up very much so you shouldn't be soo hard on yourself. In my opinion you are getting better dude but trust me this game is not easy there's alooooot to it maybe you should take a mini break and look at things in a different point of view. best of luck man
kira- yea we need to play more one set isn't enough
psychomidged- it was nice seeing you again lol
everyone in my pool- good job, keep it up and keep getting better

guy who ran the tournament and made it fun thanks alot you did a good job lol thanks

anyone else im sorry if i missed you lol

DJMirror

Smash Master
Ok Shoutouts for the lil N****s

Joey - Good **** and call me! I'm always down to play! >=[
Rei - Good **** in doubles!
Kira - Your Falco is pretty sick. Sorry for making Brawl - really really gay with my sheik =[
Hyprid - Sup I got ***** hard haha
Fiction - I know right? You, me and Hyprid always play each other at every tournament. An never ending loop =/
Anto Park - I like what you did there
U MAD? - That's a funny name. Sorry for cheering against you when you were playing Spree
Thunder Cloud - You got this! >=]
Spree - Always a homie to cheer for!
JDM - Nice *** stick you got there (No Homo)
Alex19 - You ***** my **** really really hard =[
Okami - Funny that you saw me on the freeway
Sig - Sup Homie
Mobil - Talking hella **** to your older brother LOL
GSUB - Good ****
Charles - My fault in teams, I kept killing you and I was playing super sloppy. We got next week for sure!
MattChu - GG in our teams set, no I'm not blaming Charles because he was playing very well it's just my fault that I was killing him and not saving him when he needed it.
Soo Young - Close fun set.
Zhu - Happy Birthday! =D Joey tossed your ****!
Connor - The Kush is back? ****. I didn't know which was more funny: GSUB beating Kira (Sorry) or Snake's Upsmash
PsychoMidget - You went to a tournament? Holy Crap!
Fly - I wish I can play one hours of friendlies with you =[ I wanna get better at the IC's Match up.
MacD - Good **** in doubles. Love the story about you camping Stab (Sorry lil Matt)
Stab - *Shrug* Just take a break, best of luck!

ahchoomattchu

Smash Ace
RESULTS

DOUBLES
1: Doing it to Psychomidget (MacD + Connor) ($96.00)
2: We need a team name (Lucky + Zhu) ($48.00)
3: Alex + Fly (Fly Amanita + Alex19) ($16.00)
4: Hyprid + Fiction (Hyprid + Fiction)
5: Fromance (Kira + Rei)
5: what is this i don't even (stabbedbyajapanesedomesticmarket + psychomidget)
7: Last Minute (Adam S. + Special K)
7: If you challenge me and you fail, (Okami + Signia)
9: Korean Wannabes (Sooyoung + Yuri)
9: BUFF (melrak90 + Eclipse)
9: M & M (Mark D. + Michael D.)
9: Home Depot (Kenny S. + Jason C.)
13: Better Koreans (Anto P. + Paul L.)
13: The Koreans (Leon X. + Michael C.)
13: Slave Labor (Charles + DJ Mirror)
13: FREE $10 FOR ZHU AND MACD (Thundercloud + Ching)

SINGLES
1: Lucky ($99.00)
2: Zhu ($49.50)
3: MacD ($16.50)
4: Alex19
5: Fly Amanita
5: Connor
7: Fiction
7: GSUB
9: Cortez
9: psychomidget
9: hyprid
9: Shmooguy
13: Carlvin<3Sooyoung
13: stappedbyajapanesedomesticmarket
13: DJ Mirror sucks
13: Okami

Singles had 33 entrants narrowed down to a 16-man bracket via three pools of 8 and one pool of 9, top 4 in each advancing to bracket.

I'll post the brackets and results at the bottom of the front page as well.

Shoutouts later, but I just wanted to let you all know that you guys are all amazing. Hope you all enjoyed!

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
@alex - I'm not talking about the uthrow upsmashes haha. Don't worry about it. You'll see what I mean next time I play you when i **** you ;)

Lovage

Smash Hero
good sht norwalk
irvine sucks (cept zoo <33333)

I apologize to anyone who had to deal with my raging today. I was more depressed than I have been in a long time. I'm just pissed off by the slowness of my progression as a player.

There were a bunch of things today that made me mad at myself for not getting better despite how much I practice. Vs Psychomidget, vs fiction, vs Dave. Seriously, I get ***** by Dave's Falco in an MM then listen on the car ride home as Gsub tells me he beat his sheik in tourney. ****ing ****.

no one said it was gonna be easy

GMhyprid

Smash Apprentice
This tournament was fun despite how many mistakes I made and that I remembered that I'm not supposed to let people hit me until after I was eliminated in singles :(

Even though my playing was disappointing most of the time, I learned how amazing it is to not let negative thoughts get to my head.

Zhu- I hate playing your Falco. It makes me realize how much more I need to learn about the matchup.
Connor- I hate playing your Peach. It makes me realize how much more I need to learn about the matchup.
gsub- You were making smart decisions in our friendlies. Also, your "Marth vs. Peach face" is pretty darn weird.
stab- Falcon dittos were fun, but I regret not raising the volume. Falcon dittos need sound.
DJ mirror- The only way for us to not play in tournament is for one of us to not show up.
Fly- Thanks for the advice on the IC matchup.
Fiction- Paying that extra $5 to team with you was worth it. Would you mind paying me back next time we meet?

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
@ Hyprid yah for sure. I don't think I can take the stress of teaming with marth again tho lol. Was fun anyway XD

Kira-

Smash Champion
Kira: I'd rather you go sheik next time lol
yea sorry i was pretty sure i could do it with falco but nah i got handled

I apologize to anyone who had to deal with my raging today.
I also have to apologize, mostly to Jason and Rei, for being a ***** for most of the day. I was all pumped up and then after the teams match we played right Cameron and Stab I stopped caring if I won or lost at all. Rei thanks for teaming with me and it was really cool teaming with a Sheik actually since there aren't many in socal. Jason you're always the coolest and nicest guy I know without fail so you're the last person I should be acting rude towards.

he mighta won if he went falco, or camped. or it was probably a bad day.

stab.
you just need a new mindset.
you set yourself up to fail.
I think next time I will go Fox, I like that matchup better than Sheik. I don't have any johns, I definitely tried and just didn't figure out what to do quickly enough, you were the better player that set straight up. Plus I would have liked to play Connor with Falco.

RESULTS

5: Fromance (Kira + Rei)
Reip

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
I also have to apologize, mostly to Jason and Rei, for being a ***** for most of the day. I was all pumped up and then after the teams match we played right Cameron and Stab I stopped caring if I won or lost at all. Rei thanks for teaming with me and it was really cool teaming with a Sheik actually since there aren't many in socal. Jason you're always the coolest and nicest guy I know without fail so you're the last person I should be acting rude towards.
I can imagine Jason blushing and being all shy from that last sentence.
:embarrass

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i wanna say sorry to dave for choking and playing horrible while you carried me the entire time. i feel somewhat responsible for you losing interest that day.

i also am going to take a break from melee for a while mostly since i felt frustrated at myself for playing for a few weeks while ignoring classes, only to see bad results plus i need to catch up in school.

i'll see you all in the summer

to everyone else, it was fun playing you all

LuCKy

Smash Master
lol P is always gonna be the best dude ever to post on any forum

This tourney was raoe though ! Its sad more people didnt come since there was like 12 set ups or something lol If there is another everyone should definitely come :] the high attendance without SD or dunks house was great to see

So basically thumbs up to FUSION for runnin this :] I look forward to another

Alex - good **** vs fly man, you actually didnt choke that much lol if you play like that more often you would beat way more peeople >.>

Zhu - happy birthday tomorrow lol cool teaming with you too, it was a lot of fun being able to go all falcon in teams :] Even if it wasnt the best choice to beat Connor and Macd. Either way it was fun <3 Plussss i got my second 8 stock with you lol

Connor! you **** lil buddy! I think you always have a chance at pullin a upset. Even against me or Zhu so you should always try to go for it. I was gettin ***** by people like DSF, Edrees n Hugo for a who knows how long lol especially hugo . . and still do by him lol Either way eventually was able to beat all of them :] even though some of them were lucky sets for me >.>my point is you never know when you might get lucky so just go for it

jkun - ******* <3

Macd - cool seein you as always lol nice stuff on beating zhu in winners i was pretty impressed by that set

fly! . . . I still wish i could play ics as cool as you do lol

midgeyyyyyyyy!!!!! man I love you so much lol By far one of the coolest smashers ever :] Its a shame you dont go to more tourneys but eh. It was great being able to see you n actually talk to someone who knows about all the manga stuff lol <33

everyone else!!! supppp lol im goin back to bed :] sorry for leaving you out if i did . . there was a lot of people so im sure i did>.> either way <333 to everyone

n breaks **** lol I know this was one tourney so I cant say im really done being inconsistent lol but ever since that tourney where I beat Chu n lost to Mccain ive really been relaxing with the game. Not taking it serious at all during the week, n if i do play just going all falcon with alex.Even skipped out on a tourney or 2 lol I felt like just those lil things made me so much more relxed at this tourney. plus my mind set was completely calm especially against Zhu.Mccain i still was a lil nervous just because he had beaten me before, but it was only a bit which i was impressed with. Instead of being afraid to lose to him i just wanted to win lol Either way im excited to play again :] even if it wont be for a week or 2 lol hope to see you all there

MacD

Banned via Administration
looks like i'm the only sheik in irvine that can beat gsub

connor good job in teamsies, i'm glad we tried double peach again, it's soooooooo nice having another peach in socal to do teams with, that team just makes me laugh sooooooo hard sometimes (our like 7 dsmashes that combo'd alex lolool) play me in dittos!!!!!!!! and stop being a loser and don't forfeit to zhu every time you have to play

lucky i totally forgot what playing you was like, and your fox is like on crack compared to zhu's, first match i was just like "wtf, since when can fox do all this" then i realized it's just zhu who doens't do it lol

alex playing you was crazy, i wanna play you more, our matches seem to be close

zhu i hate you... but i love you

lovage- **** you

our team was "doin it *for pyschomidget" not to

had i known you were having such a bad day stab, i wouldn't have played you like that in the friendlies

everyone else fun seeing people, uci tournies are good, nice venue, good job running matt, was that your gf taking the money? she was cute and nice, i liked her

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
instead of going to this tourney I went to Barnes and Noble and found a $100 pair of Ray Ban sunglasses in a chair. Worth it? I think so.

D

Deleted member

it's just my belief but playing a gay campy style will seriously inhibit your progress, especially since falco has so much potential as a rush down character

Top Bottom