• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Funny kaillera moments

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
tank's siege mode wont be doing anything, he'll kill a few units before they all rush into close range, then he's gone
pretty hard to fight against the vultures though
and besides, if you were teching like that so quickly, I'd probably already won with just marines and medics, since you probably just have a bunker with 4 marines inside to defend your base, which won't hold out much
I would've taken your base before your siege mode was available
and not to mention, Comsat station for the mines : )

and it's ling rush!!

what you mean nerds, Fabrian? just cause we play rts games?

greenblob

Smash Lord
Everyone knows that the Muta rush pwns everything. Mutas are like Kirbys--they last too long for their defense, are too small, and are cheap as hell.

^Free cookie to whoever can tell me what obscure rhetorical device I just used!

Anyway, speaking of StarCraft, it's always fun whenever a Korean comes on Para's server. Lately there's been one guy who asks if anyone wants to play "Slam Dunk" or something like that.

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
tank's siege mode wont be doing anything, he'll kill a few units before they all rush into close range, then he's gone
pretty hard to fight against the vultures though
and besides, if you were teching like that so quickly, I'd probably already won with just marines and medics, since you probably just have a bunker with 4 marines inside to defend your base, which won't hold out much
I would've taken your base before your siege mode was available
and not to mention, Comsat station for the mines : )

and it's ling rush!!

what you mean nerds, Fabrian? just cause we play rts games?
well it may depend on the map i guess, most of the time i play on Lost Temple wich allows terran players to Wall the entrance pretty easy, so i was thinking on a tank+vultures Droop near the enemies SCVs xP, the wall may hold you a while longer since not all the marines will be able to target the bunker, at last enough to bring more Tanks for defense o well i'm too newb for Starcraft - Brood War anyway xP.

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
OMG, Starcraft is being discussed?! Zerg rule you all. Ensnare + Dark Swarm + Lurkers = 8O
...unless you're fighting Protoss with their lame cheap Psi Storm. X|

Mutas aren't cheap, but they're good for harassing. 6-7 Mutas = one-hit KO for SCVs = being a ****. :D

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
some random dude: (after being defeated) I may lag but you suck.
*leaves the room*

* JaimeHR joined the game's partyline!
* --- AJ. --- joined the game's partyline!
<JaimeHR> hi
< --- AJ. --- > hi
*Starts Game*
after taking down his first stock and starting doing a combo he leaves xS...
* Player 2 ( --- AJ. --- ) dropped from the current game.
* --- AJ. --- left the game's partyline.
<JaimeHR> þ0CLOSE
* Player 1 (JaimeHR) dropped from the current game.

Don't leave!!!! why do they do that xP?

greenblob

Smash Lord
Parallel structure? Simily, Metaphor?
Parallel structure is a rule in proper english. There was no metaphor. Simile, yes, there was one ("...cheap as hell"), but it's not "obscure."

The word I was looking for was zeugma, which occurs when two words/phrases are joined by one noun/verb which takes on a different meaning for each word/phrase that's joined.

"Mutas are like Kirbys--...they are cheap as hell."
Cheap, when used with "Kirbys," means "overpowered" or "unfair" (and I mean that in a joking way). Cheap, when used with "Mutas," means "inexpensive" although you could argue that it could mean the same thing it does for "Kirbys." Zeugmas are hard to use in everyday english...
[/grammarlesson]

Rhetorical devices, StarCraft, and Smash are mixed together. Nerdiness ensues.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Parallel structure is a rule in proper english. There was no metaphor. Simile, yes, there was one ("...cheap as hell"), but it's not "obscure."

The word I was looking for was zeugma, which occurs when two words/phrases are joined by one noun/verb which takes on a different meaning for each word/phrase that's joined.

"Mutas are like Kirbys--...they are cheap as hell."
Cheap, when used with "Kirbys," means "overpowered" or "unfair" (and I mean that in a joking way). Cheap, when used with "Mutas," means "inexpensive" although you could argue that it could mean the same thing it does for "Kirbys." Zeugmas are hard to use in everyday english...
[/grammarlesson]

Rhetorical devices, StarCraft, and Smash are mixed together. Nerdiness ensues.
Couldent you call that jargon too? I mean, not many older gen people are familiar with cheap meaning over powered.

So that thing was basically implimenting two meanings forcing the reader to pick sides or did it mean to take into account both, or one defenition for each subject...[/cheatsheetquestion]

StealthECartman

Smash Apprentice
Couldent you call that jargon too? I mean, not many older gen people are familiar with cheap meaning over powered.

So that thing was basically implimenting two meanings forcing the reader to pick sides or did it mean to take into account both, or one defenition for each subject...[/cheatsheetquestion]
*head explodes*

greenblob

Smash Lord
Well, most people know that "cheap" means "unfair" or "cheating" which is similar to "overpowered" in gaming terms.

In a zeugma, I'm pretty sure that you use both definitions of the word, separately for each phrase.

D

Deleted member

Man, people are rude lately in kaillera. Whenever I win using my homo tactics (abuse throws!!) with Donkey Kong I get bashed on by at least 30% of my victims. Some people say that i need to L2P and get really pissed and leave while some others call me derogatory terms because of my name. It is hilarious

The most memorable moment though is when I was called the "groper"

By the way, I am Best Donkey Kong in Emularena Grounds! This just proves that homo tactics are the way to win

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
I guess he's talking about "The Series", i'm running it again on para's forum, he got the DK belt against neji ninjas so he thinks is the master of the universe xP.

Originally Posted by sMoke2jointz
"homo tactics are the way to win"

Strategy is strategy, when it comes to "win is a must" then you'll have to use anything to achieve it, the real question is... will your strategy work always?

Paramount X

Smash Cadet
-:10:25:47 PM: <..::{S}erver Owner {Unit X}> I'm still smarter. -:10:25:51 PM: <ÛNKN•{ØWN}• îXî> i just noticed that lmfao

Nephiros

Smash Ace
ya, bringing this shizzit back from the depths 'cause I have some good ones.

<taz> hello
<Nephiros> yo
<taz> can we play a 2 vs 1?
<Nephiros> err
<taz> ill be the 1
<Nephiros> lol LOL
<Nephiros> let's try a 1v1 first
<taz> you can have a lv 9 computer

and another guy calling me a modder.
"I've seen it done before"

MattB22890

Smash Cadet
i'm pps korobeniki (others in the group mattnf, haelium fan boomfan, cartman)

falcon punching 3 people in a 4 player ffa
resting 2 people
random 4 player ffa against isai with items, getting a hammer and killing isai's last life

a person telling me that sector z is the best stage

the same person asking who the f*** is isai, and that his friend is the best player on the server

Thino

Smash Master
Falcon kicking a Fox and a Pika team 3rd jumps four times in a row , on the fifth , the Fox made it back to the ledge and edgehogged his teammate.
I cant tell how many "Show me your moves!" I did after that

greenblob

Smash Lord
* greenblob joined the game's partyline!
*game starts, I choose Jiggs, he chooses Fox*
*in-game, the Fox just rolls around and runs away, I try to land combos*
<Dave Mathas> ****
<Dave Mathas> ***** fighter.
<Dave Mathas> fight again
<Dave Mathas> im gonna fight like a ***** just like you did the whole time
<Dave Mathas> own
<Server> Purple Fairy Queen sends you her love
<Dave Mathas> hahaha
<Dave Mathas> man **** that ****
<Dave Mathas> ok youve been a good warmup
<Dave Mathas> im done fighting *****
<greenblob> psh

Actually, I think this thread is becoming more of a "what Kaillera has degraded to" thread.

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
pow pow, fireball fireball, link boomerang BOMB! BOMB! POW!
Link 4stocked

<-)|vaxX(- .iXi.> you have sex with horses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom