• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Full Metal Alchemist Thread.(Not Updated)

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Agreed.
That was actually how I imagined his voice was when I read the manga.

I was kind of surprised to see him in episode 2 though...
If I remember correctly he showed up in the flashback chapters in the same way in the manga. With him shown early we will not have to go back to the Elric brother's past again for anything too big.

The voice works, the only other option I can think of that will work would be something like the
Anti-Spiral leader
in TTGL.

I still really want to see it dubbed, Ed just isn't the same without Vic Mignogna imo. :(
Of course I must be in the minority on this.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I still really want to see it dubbed, Ed just isn't the same without Vic Mignogna imo. :(
Of course I must be in the minority on this.
I'm used to Romi Park's voice.
I only watched less than half of the first series in English.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
i need dubs with vic as ed's voice pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaseee.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
i need dubs with vic as ed's voice pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaseee.
well, right after the first ep release, FUNimation licensed it 2 days later xD

no VAs have been confirmed yet

miley cyrus is doing Winry's voice
ok not really, but that would suck really bad though if it were true...

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
That was an interesting episode. I personally did not like the change that was made near the end, not so much for it being different but because of the execution of it.
Mainly when Ed stopped Cornelo's fist that had become close to the same size as Ed himself. Ed's automail is not that strong, plus Ed would be sent flying in any other scene.

Other than that it was good.

But for the next episode...
ahh, Tucker, well here we go again. :urg:

But will they skip the coal mine and train fight? The train fight isn't important but the coal mine introduces Yoki who is somewhat important down the road. They could probably fit the coal mine into the first half of the episode but it looks more likely that it will be skipped. Guess I'll find out next week.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Well they're going to have to introduce Yoki one way or another.
I think that they're just going to introduce him some other way that doesn't take a full episode.

And I hate Tucker, because... Well, you all know why.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
just watched the first episode and it was amazing! is this thread still being updated with the links to the episodes?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm surprised no one's discussing the newest episode yet.
They seemed to have changed stuff here and there.

This episode wasn't as impactful as the first series, but that's okay. They are rushing to the new parts after all.

And I'm still trying to get used to Scar's voice.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
well the first FMA was based on the manga until it caught up to it and then went a complete and totally different way(think it was like 1/2 through before they took different paths)

this time its going to based of the manga the whole time.

so u may see some stuff happen from last time happen again.
where did they split and if so do you think the movie played out in the story?

only ever watched the anime not read the manga

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
where did they split and if so do you think the movie played out in the story?

only ever watched the anime not read the manga
The movie is completely different from the manga, we won't be seeing that again.

I don't remember where exactly they split... but I can't wait for the manga only content to start appearing in the anime.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
It started to truly split around the Greed story arc, though there were a few other changes earlier than that point.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah, the anime did split off during the Greed Arc.
I remember losing interest around that point.

I still like the anime though, but the style just drastically changed that it was kind of a turnoff.
I'm loving the second series though.

_Icy_

Smash Rookie
I watched one episode of FMA brotherhood and I'm confused about the timeline, can someone tell me exactly when does it take place? O_o

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Loved the original series, same goes for the movie. I will definitely check out the new episodes in my free time.

G U R U

Smash Lord
So with Episode 30 coming out this weekend, we're pretty much half way through from what I here.

I for one think that this new FMA has lived up to the hype and more. Definitely the best anime of 2009 and also one of the best ever. Hopefully this will inspire other companies to go back and redo some of the animes they screwed up (Air Gear, Negima, Love Hina, etc come to mind).

Not saying the old FMA was a screw up tho haha, but it does pale in comparison to the new one.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Agreed ^ to the max XD

The first FMA was so dragged out and IMO slow and boring.

I mean it took like 8 eps to get to the Chimera episode in the first FMA, while in the second FMA it was about the 4th eps I think.

Just a much faster pace, with good action and emotion. Tear-Jerkers

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Well it has most of the actors. And from what I heard (I missed it last night) Whitehead does a good Aaron Dimsuke impression. So I think it is in good hands.

On a related note, I made a discovery about Ed's family in the manga that utterly shocked me. So much that I made an image of it on Deviant art because apparently, I can't find any earlier discovery of this.

Note: it may contain what some describe as spoilers (if you haven't seen/read up to Pride's reveal, don't click).

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
i stopped watching the subs about 13 episodes in but good thing it came to CN
i enjoyed it and the animation quality was great

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
So what were the thoughts on the FMA Brotherhood dub that debuted ylast night?
I thought it wasn't bad at all. I'm just sure that having that first episode being "filler" has thrown a lot of people off that have no clue what FMA Brotherhood really is.

I thought that Al's new voice was fine. Apparently I'm nearly alone on that opinion. =/

The only thing that really caught my attention was Maes Hughes voice. When he was less serious he sounded way more like Usopp/Krillin than I remember him sounding. But I maybe I'm not remembering right.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
I thought it wasn't bad at all. I'm just sure that having that first episode being "filler" has thrown a lot of people off that have no clue what FMA Brotherhood really is.

I thought that Al's new voice was fine. Apparently I'm nearly alone on that opinion. =/

The only thing that really caught my attention was Maes Hughes voice. When he was less serious he sounded way more like Usopp/Krillin than I remember him sounding. But I maybe I'm not remembering right.
Yeah. It's not that different, yet many are outarged at Maxey's portrayal. And they know it HAD to be done.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yeah. It's not that different, yet many are outarged at Maxey's portrayal. And they know it HAD to be done.
Yeah, I do notice a difference, but it's just not big enough to warrant all of the complaining. Maxey seems like a suitable replacement. Worse voice choices could have been made, I'm sure.

I think people just LOOK for reasons to complain. They just spend so much time looking for what's wrong rather than actually enjoying what is in front of them. I suppose it's understandable, but I just watched the episode to enjoy it. Nothing was glaringly wrong with the the voices or anything if you ask me. I had the minor complaints with Maes Hughes, but as I said my memory maybe foggy. It's been a long time since I saw the first anime.

Top Bottom