• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FThrow timing

Status
Not open for further replies.

xINiiTrOI

Smash Cadet
yes i know you are going to say q&a thread but sorry I don't want to look through 52 pages for a simple question that is why imo q&a threads are inconvinent, searching for a question, apposed to getting your specific question answered.

Anyway.. Can anyone here consistently do the fthrow cg. I mean if u were to grab on left side of FD if you wanted to, could you take them to the right? But more importantly what is the timing, and what is the controller input in order. Thankyou

smaci92

Smash Lord
You don't have to look through 52 pages of stuff in the Q&A thread...You just have to ask your question there---It's not that hard =S. And people usually answer within a day...

And yes, practically all of us (who have been using IC's for at least a month) know how to chaingrab from the left of FD to the right...and I'm surprised you asked the fthrow timing question even after this video was released like a day ago: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=217836

Watch it.

KarateF22

Smash Journeyman
You have to learn the timing yourself.... its something that requires skill and lots of practice. But.... for starters, a simple character to BEGIN with is bowser... as he is nice and fat, the easiest character to grab. The MOMENT Nana/Popo finishes fthrow is when they should be grabbed again, so i would hit grab right before that. this gets increasingly harder as percentage goes up. controller input is simple..... grab, tilt forward so that other climbers WALKS not DASHES, as the first climber finishes his throw animation grab again. repeat. Dashing chain grabs are harder, so stick with walking at first. While you can technically do the Fthrow chaingrab on fattie characters without moving, it is best to move the other climber forward slightly while your victim is being thrown.

Additionally, you should watch this video, it contains all the info you could want: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHfGqpHBZI4

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
So you completely missed the chaingrab tutorial video that's like 3 or 4 threads under this one?

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
They'll learn in a few days guys, I'm sure some of you were like this when you first started. ^x^

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
nope. never asked questions like this. i asked questions on matchups.... that you all blew me off on.... and are now complaining about the same problems i had like you just realized it.... NOOOO!!! please, don't listen to me, i just ****ing told you all....

xINiiTrOI

Smash Cadet
I saw that viedeo. Trust me if I was content with the information of that video I wouldn't have posted this. I needed more specific help, call me crazy for posting something on that. And this isn't my first account, for all who think I dont have correct forum etiquette, who is to say what normal is?

xINiiTrOI

Smash Cadet
No i just have been busy and i forgot like 1 digit from my old account so i kinda had to make a new one. It is so aggrivating how people who spend all day posting on a website feel superior to someone who hasn't posted as much as them

xINiiTrOI

Smash Cadet
But to keep things relevant can anyone give tips about the timing? I don't need 10 ppl telling me to use the q&a thread because quite frankly thats not helping. I didn't come here to Argue i came here to improve my IC. ty

smaci92

Smash Lord
But to keep things relevant can anyone give tips about the timing? I don't need 10 ppl telling me to use the q&a thread because quite frankly thats not helping. I didn't come here to Argue i came here to improve my IC. ty
first, watch the video...

it's kinda hard explain "the timing"....it's something you sorta have to figure out and try yourself...-_-

meepxzero

Smash Master
theres a ton of ways to get the timing done.

1. When popo finishes swinging his hammer forward best time to grab.

2. You can wait till popo goes Eiiiii! and grab

3. You can time when the flash animation on the enemy happens and grab.

4. You can look at the percentage bar and time ur grab when it changes percents.

5. You can master the timing down where you can close your eyes and do it. (not really recommended unless ur that bored).

lain

Smash Master
No i just have been busy and i forgot like 1 digit from my old account so i kinda had to make a new one. It is so aggrivating how people who spend all day posting on a website feel superior to someone who hasn't posted as much as them
HEY THAR MR. 13 POSTs!!!!!

~AceR~

Smash Cadet
Btw, Nana has a little bitof lag before doing any of her moves. A lot of people neglected to tell me that, so it took me awhile to figure it out. >_>

xINiiTrOI

Smash Cadet
Wow lain because I have a life besides smashboards, and I don't post all day I'm the pathetic one? That's a joke. You are the most arrogant piece of trash ever. Ally wrecks yiu, and if I could have went to OIN4 I would have done the same. I'm not sure if I can go battle for NY cause I might have a superbowl party. Wow what kind of nerd puts a tourney on superbowl sunday wow. Lain once we can have a legit match I will tell you wow, that regardless of my little amount of posts I still **** you.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Wow lain because I have a life besides smashboards, and I don't post all day I'm the pathetic one? That's a joke. You are the most arrogant piece of trash ever. Ally wrecks yiu, and if I could have went to OIN4 I would have done the same. I'm not sure if I can go battle for NY cause I might have a superbowl party. Wow what kind of nerd puts a tourney on superbowl sunday wow. Lain once we can have a legit match I will tell you wow, that regardless of my little amount of posts I still **** you.
I'm not sure if Lain was serious or not. It's best to not take the stuff like that he says to heart. ^^;

lain

Smash Master
EYE SEE EWE GOT ANOTHER POST THAR?!!?!!!!

while you try and dechiper what those phonetically similar words are supposed to be mean, i'll be at my superbowl/motocross/hotgirlparty rave ecstasy intersphere. and guess what? i'll be cg'in *****s all day!

smaci92

Smash Lord
lol I love how we've never seen or heard of "Mr. 14 posts" before, and then he comes on here asking a simple/noob question, and then starts saying he can **** lain...wow XD

lain

Smash Master
well the hell does that even do o_O

my guess would be no, moving a stick to the side to grab is far more ridiculous then hitting a button.

Kage Me

Smash Ace
Does setting the c-stick for grabs make it any easier?
For the f-throw chain? No, that wouldn't help. It would cause one Climber to throw and the other to grab, but the f-throw lasts too long for that to chain. Basically, your other Climber will grab before the opponent is even released.

nasir123

Smash Ace
alright well there is different timing fer every charactor that u do but try it on pit and bowser cuz those in my opinion are the easiest to learn and also good to know. it is extreamly hard to tell the timing but in my best explination it would be (pit) 52 mila seconds and for bowser like i dunno but try it once and keep on repesting it try do do it on mario if u r tryin to do it and take IC as a non-joke

Teh Future

Smash Master
:laugh:

Best. post. ever.

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
BANKAI!! anyway....Xinitsometing....dont start a flame war here...since you look like you want to start it >.>
but you dont really have to look through the 50something pages. yoou can just ask and they will answer. but because you made a thread like this....though there are tons of questions like these that pop out like 3-4 times a week and yet people still dont get it...Thx to Hylian for cleaning it up/locking =3 ignore me? xD

but really ask the Q&A thread.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom